Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Donna, thanks so much for posting this.. I really like it and I also borrowed it for my timeline! It really is so true!!

Everyone enjoy this first day of the year!! It is a blank page and perfect to make new starts!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #17  

I really like this!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blank page.jpg (39.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

question...has anyone tried to get on Fitday? I can't get on unless I pay $19+....nah....where is there another site to list foods and count daily calories? Help me please....finishing day one and crankiness is starting
Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #19  

I really like myfitnesspal and it has a lot of neat things that fitday didn't-- Plus you can have the app on your phone free
Old 01-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #20  

Thanks Karen....no wonder I am cranky after using myfitnesspal I have only had 700 calories today.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #21  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

K3...sorry you're having trouble with Fitday. I've been using it for years and love it because you can put whole meals in it like soup, know exactly how many calories you're eating per bowl.

Quote:
Wednesday's Menu

938 calories 39 gram fiber

Breakfast: Oatmeal with cinnamon applesauce, chia & flax seed

Lunch: Raw radishes, celery & Carrots with peanut dip

Supper: more leftover chicken taco soup

Evening snack: Sunflower seeds
2 slices toast with sugar free strawberry jam
Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #22  

Height: 5'3"

Seems like I've been pretty busy today. Started out the day moving kinda slow but then we took down the tree and the other decorations. I ordered a bunch of books (both ebooks and hard copies). Actually started the ordering last night. They were books I've wanted for a long time. And I put a lot of others on my wish list. Did some housework but not everything I should have done. Told myself it is a holiday and it can wait. Also a family issue came up that kind of upset us. No matter how old your kids are, it is hard to see them hurt. But we have prayed about it and put in God's hands.

About last night: We had a lovely time with our son and his gf and her dd and gd. Everyone seemed to like the food and ate heartily. I was glad I didn't serve candy or baked goods as I know they would have been left for me to finish. That's such a responsibility you know!!! The way it is we only have three beef lumpia and several fruit lumpia left. I had one of the fruit lumpia for breakfast and may have one for an eve snack.

Counting my blessings too. My dh does so many good things. Today he took down all the outside and window lights, brought down the tree and after I packed the decorations, he hauled it all up to the attic until next year. I wonder how many years he'll be able to do that. I am very very fortunate to have him for a dh. He tells me that he loves me most days and gives me kisses and hugs at least once a day. I am ashamed when I'm cranky with him. I tried to make him a good New Years Day meal. He wanted standing rib roast and mashed potatoes and brown gravy, so that's what I made with stir-fry cabbage, carrots and celery on side. But the roast was too rare. So he cut slices and I put in the microwave. It was still very good.

I haven't been tracking my eating yet. Hope to start tomorrow. These days I am grabbing way too often although just small amount at a time. Because of all the work and cooking yesterday, I didn't eat much and I lost a little over a pound but today I probably put it back on.

Tomorrow I go to the surgical consult for my colon I hope to hear that I don't need surgery. I also hope to get better advice on eating. Dh wants to go with me.

I think MFP is the best of the calorie counting sites. I rarely have to add any food myself as they have such a large database of foods, I can usually find something that works. Also remember the little trick I told you about? Look at the bottom of daily entry and click on the link (something like I'm finished with today's entry), you will see how much you would weigh if you eat that way everyday. By keeping that number at a weight you like, you should do very well.

I hope you all had a good New Years Day!

Last edited by maryea; 01-01-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #23  
Bobbi

Good Morning....brrrrrrrrrrrr it's cold around here, record lows coming again. They predict 35 below zero with wind chills. I always say a prayer for the wild critters that live out in this weather. We had 10 wild turkeys that come to the bird feeder everyday, lately it's only been 9. I'm thinking a coyote must have gotten one for lunch. This morning they were roosting in the tree tops right over the bird feeder, you'd think they'd not fly up so high because of the frigid temperatures.

We're off to the YMCA and my scale was nice to me this morning. I've dropped 4 pounds this week due to low calories. I need to eat more today, get my calories up over 1,000. I tried last night by having two slices of toast w/jam at bedtime.

I was summoned for jury duty next week, hope I'm not picked. ( I was summoned once before but not picked) Any of you picked for jury duty and what's it like?

Gotta run....I'm curious about the myfitnesspal, is it free? I like my Fitday since I have so many of my custom foods in it but if it's better, I'm game.

Ta Ta....I have England on my brain since I've been playing Words with Friends for a few months with someone I just got to know in the last couple of days. She's a 52 year old Pub Owner, I asked if her pub was in one piece after New Years Eve. She said her Pub is in the country and has very posh clients and all well behaved. I'll bet she leads an interesting life compared to my boring schedule.
Have a great day!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-02-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #24  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Early Morning!

Thought I'd check in before I start getting the day together.

KarenFL - I didn't have any trouble at all getting onto free Fitday today. I haven't used it in quite a while, so I figured I'd be asked to pay.... but not. I use SparkPeople, usually, when I decide to get serious and track what I'm shoveling into my mouth. It has everything I need, plus I can plug in ingredients and get calorie-per-serving information. It's been user friendly for me.

I guess I have to go back to work today! Five days off (cold and holiday thrown in there), and I'm in total gork mode. June 1st, June 1st, June 1st... I can make it until then!

Bobbi - good luck with the jury duty thing. Having spent years in courtrooms as a deputy at the Sheriff's Department, I can tell you it is boring, boring, boring... unless you enjoy watching pompous, smug, overpriced demigod attorneys prance and flounce. It's a big circus, and then there are the people whose lives will be affected by the outcome... they're of little concern to the overall performance quotient. I know that some people really want to be on a jury...

Mary and KarenFL - good luck with your doc consults on your owie parts. I hope you don't need surgery, Mary, and I hope you can have your surgery sooner, KarenFL.

Gotta get rollin'....... Everyone, have a lovely day! Sun is shining brightly here, but it's BITTER.

Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 01-02-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #25  

Bobbi- I like myfitnesspal because it has a lot of the restaurants listed too and it is very user friendly. You can plug in your recipes to it too and get the calorie counts and also it is free!. I also have it on my ipad and iphone and those apps. are also free. That sold me on it. So handy to have with you all the time.

It is cold here today. Not like your cold Bobbi, but 7 degrees with a -7 windchill... Going to have to get out later this afternoon and get Gingers prescription. I don't like cold!

Mary and Karen, updates when you can. Sending good thoughts.

Donna, I hope you are feeling better. Stay warm and don't get a setback! Did you get a lot of snow? We have a couple inches here---they have a lot of school closings and winter weather advisories out. They have gone to cold reporting for accidents, just exchange info. if there is no injuries. I know people in Colorado would laugh when they shut down schools and all around here with the snow amounts we get. It is kind of funny to me too. But glad that they do.

Well guess I'd better get busy. They dryer is calling my name.....
Old 01-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #26  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Saw this picture on Pinterest and it made me think of you Bobbi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for bobbi.jpg (11.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #27  

Evening all...Karen I really like myfitnesspal, thank you.

Donna... I still can't open fitday. grrr

Rosey...bet the new stove is glowing cherry red

I have been clean for 2 days and sitting here thinking darn have got to eat something else because my calories are under 700. I'm not hungry, but that might have something to do with the food poisoning I had last night. Scared DH out of a year's growth I was dry heaving so hard. Drank 4 bottles of water and flushed everything out. Weak and feel like somebody gut punched me today. But the stupidest thing I did (didn't) was weigh me before I started on level one. So I'll do that in the morning....and won't give myself any credit for all the puking loss......sorry TMI

Crawling back in my chair and kindle....k3
Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #28  

Happy new year everyone!! I hope yours is off to a good start. I did a silly thing today...I've been off and on mixed up on the days this week...so I went to my surgeon's appt early!! Went today and it's tomorrow! I thought what a waste of time, but they gave me this roll of paperwork to complete so maybe I'll need that long to get through it.

Since we were out, we did our Costco shopping...oh my so many things on sale (coupons) that we could use...at the last minute I started putting back somethings I'd picked up but can do without because I know the bill would have been very high...as it was it was $225!! That's much more than we usually spend unless we buy a small appliance or something else non-food. But we stocked up on our supplements and that's always costly. While I was there another shopper told me the Kirkland shampoo is very good and much cheaper, anyone here tried it? It was in a purple bottle. I'm about to run out of shampoo so maybe I'll try it soon.

I'm now reading Breathe of Knowledge by Rachel S Neal. She is a favorite writer of mine now as I've read her first two books and loved them. So far I haven't gotten very interested in this one but I am sure I will soon. I love her blog too..it's called Grace by the Gallon. I'm also reading The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. It was kinda slow for me at first but now I'm enjoying it. I read it in the bathtub. LOL Only thing I don't like about my Kindle and iPad is I can't use them in the tub so I have some hard copy books on hand for that.

Karen3 - Goodness, Karen, what did you eat to cause that?! I ate some salmon leftovers one time...guess they were over 3 days old because they made me SO sick!! Now I'm very careful about leftovers esp fish. Good luck with the diet, sounds like you're doing well...I can't imagine only 700 calories!!

Bobbi - I wish I had your problem of needing to eat more! Yes, I've had jury duty twice in my life. I am one of the few that actually enjoys it! I guess because I've always been very interested in crimes (of course not all court cases are crimes), and legal stuff. That's why I watch and read about it so much. Yes often you get there and you are not picked....but I've always had about a week (or 5 days?) to go in and if I'm not picked on the first day I've been picked on another day. But you can also be dismissed even after you are chosen and get into the court room as they will ask questions and sometimes have to dismiss people based on their answers. This is more rare though from my experience. I find it very interesting and I enjoy talking the case over with the other jurors to reach a decision. You will often discover other points or ideas you hadn't thought of in the process. The only thing I don't like....and it was worse the second time I served...is the waiting. There can be a lot of downtime where you are waiting to be chosen/or not, and before or between court but that's when you get to know the other jurors. You usually get paid for your travel expense (gas only in my case) plus for your time. I have never tried to get out of it (even when I worked) because I felt it is my duty as a citizen and losing the time was not difficult for me. In fact I wish they would ask me more often esp now that I'm retired. Gives me a way of making a little money and I mostly find it interesting. My first case was an car accident and the second was an assault case.

Last edited by maryea; 01-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #29  
Bobbi

Good Morning, I hope. Woke up with a migraine headache but what else is new?
Mary...I planned on eating more today, it's not healthy to eat under 1,000 calories but I'm just not hungry. I forget about lunch until around 1:30 when I start to get hungry. We eat at 4:00pm so I usually just grab a carrot or something so I don't spoil my supper. Thanks for the info on the jury thingie, I like mystery novels so maybe I'll like it too.

K3...what did you eat that gave you food poison? Did DH get sick too?
I saw some free civil war books on my kindle and downloaded them for DH. He loves my kindle, might have to start saving up some extra cash and get him one for his June birthday.

Glynne...I love the Minnesota plaque. I might not like our state so much this coming monday. They have already shut the schools down for next Monday because it's suppose to be 40 below zero. On the news I see the New England area had 12" of snow and 55 mile an hour winds. Lots of cool temps all over. Now the good news about our state is hardly no tornadoes last spring/summer.

KarenMo...We rarely ate out while Bruce was still working, barbecuing/camp fires on weekends at home was our fun. Now that he's retired we still don't go out to restaurants, I think it's because we're such home bodies. I love to cook from scratch, so does Bruce. I still haven't checked into your fitness pal but I thought about it when you said they have restaurants listed.

Donna...I see you use Sparkpeople. I'm a member there but hate all the clicks you have to take to navigate through it. I never did find a group that I like as much as the Golden Girls.

Rosey...are you having all the frigid weather that we're having? How's your diet coming?
It's nice to get rid of all the sugary treats in our house, I buy ice cream for Bruce so he has a nightly treat to share with Charlie. About an hour after supper, Charlie sits right next to Bruce on the couch and stares at him until he gets up for ice cream. Sometimes he says, go lay down...it's too early for your ice cream. I should video tape Charlie when Bruce does get up, Charlies starts howling and tap dancing all the way to the kitchen.

Time for breakfast, everyone stay warm in the North, you southern gals should bask in the sunshine. Donna, Cajun, KarenMo...what are you considered?

Quote:
Thursday's Menu

790 calories 30 gram fiber

Breakfast: High Fiber Medley + 1/2 cup skim milk

Lunch: Raw radishes & lettuce leaf rollups with peanut dip

Supper: more leftover chicken taco soup

Evening snack: Sugar Free Almond pudding w/cool whip
Popcorn
Old 01-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #30  

Our weather really has been very mild. Days are generally around 45-47 but the sun was out yesterday making it a very nice day. I just wore a med light jacket. And the sun is out today too. It did finally rain last night though and I think more is coming. But afterall it is January, so we can't really complain. Today is my surgical consulation...truly..LOL

Bobbi - 4 pm for dinner! You guys must get up early! We eat dinner anytime from 5:30-7:30 generally. I did ok with my eating yesterday and when I checked the "finished" link on MFP I knew I should stop but then went back for more and messed my eating day up! I still dropped a tiny bit of weight, but I need to consider the kitchen closed by at least 9 pm. I usually don't go to bed until 11:30. Oh, you mentioned a carrot!! I am SO hungry for a raw carrot! Can't have on my diet for my colon right now so of course I always want what I can't have. I can eat them cooked but don't care for them that way. Sorry it's so cold there...I can't imagine that cold!

Hi to everyone else!

Yesterday's meals
Breakfast
2 apple lumpia
cup nf milk

Lunch (Costco)
3 1/2 samples
1/2 sl combo pizza

afternoon snack
PB mocha frappe made with almond milk

Dinner - all leftovers from yesterday
Left over rib roast - 2 1/3 oz
mashed potatoes (maybe 2/3 cup)
3 T brown gravy
cabbage, carrots, celery stir-fry - 1/2 cup at least

pm snack
banana lumpia
pb mocha frappe made with almond milk (here's where I really messed up!)

Last edited by maryea; 01-03-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Closed Thread