Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 02:26 AM   #151  

Height: 5'3"

Yes, Karen31, I do both those things. Only other thing would be to keep in airplane mode when not using it but that is not so good because when I tried it before I couldn't get texts plus I have to turn it on and off all the time. So I just charge it frequently now. I have a charger in family room, kitchen and bedroom. And when in office I sometimes connect it to my computer ...doesn't really charge it but keeps it charged. If I don't keep it charged near me, I often don't hear it when it rings. Plus I charge it every night at bedside since our cells are our only phone. Even if it is fully charged when I go to bed, it will not last 1/2 day if I don't charge it during night. We will likely be upgrading our phones in a few months, so I'm just going to baby it along until then as I did not buy insurance this time.

Bobbi - I like almond milk too. Have never tried puddings but I use it often in my mocha frappe when I don't want so many carbs.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:54 AM   #152  

Hi I worked on my wall hanging tonite,i thought it needed more color so I appliqued fireweed along the left side. im pleased with it. now need to do all the blanket stitching then can add the layers and quilt it. fireweed is a flower that grows every where around here,its a weed but a really pretty one. heres a picture of my unfinished project. the other will be one with br bears fishing,one with a salmon set net boat,and the 4th one mountains and cbin scene.These are McKenna Ryan patterns,with my own twist. I never follow a pattern as is but change it around. one of my many hobbies,can hardly wait till steve starts on my craft room . ttfn rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 047.jpg (32.0 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-13-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #153  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey...I love, love, love that quilt. Did you make and apply the fire weed yourself or is it a large applique? I love the green toned background around the whole scene too. So Steve is making you a craft room? How wonderful, are you using one of the kids old bedrooms? I can't wait to see that, just think....everything will be at your finger tips in one organized room.

Glynne...yes, use stevia for the vanilla pudding. I just forgot to put that in, you can substitute the bulk stevia for any sugar recipe. The one I really liked is this one:
Stir on stovetop until thickened, then take off burner and stir in extracts.
Do not boil anything with corn starch, it breaks down.
1/2 cup Stevia in the raw
1/3 cup carob or cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 cups Almond milk, unsweetened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond
1 beaten egg or 3 Tablespoon egg beaters calories are lower with egg beater

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-13-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #154  
Bobbi

Cajun...forgot to give you this web address. Remember before Christmas I was telling everyone about the neat CD we had of Christmas music with calming sounds from the wild? (wolves, loons, geese, a horse drawn sleigh, strings and guitar merged) I just found it yesterday, I stuck things in many boxes when we moved and never did find this for Christmas. Anyway...it's from 1992 and I doubt you'll find this one but they have many, many new albums. Check it out...www.allmusic.com/artist/northsound
Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

This morning going over to my DD’s summer condo in NJ (about 20 min from my house). She had flooding from a burst pipe & I am going to meet with the insurance agent. Keep your fingers crossed that there are no snags & the insurance company covers everything.

This afternoon or tonight, I am mixing the soup (cabbage & beets) with some ww pasta. Maybe throw in some beans.

Did 90 min this morning at the gym.

Check back later,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
This morning, I tried that recipe by Meowee (in the recipe section) for protein pancakes. They were ok ~ nothing I would crave ~ just ok. I am thinking if I try them again, making them with greek yogurt instead of the cottage cheese. Might give them a smoother texture.
Hi Gayle,

Were you part of this group when Linda (Meowee) used to post? Your post made me remember her. She died of cancer quite a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Lynn...thanks for sharing the recipe, I love peanuts in anything. Molecular Fitness, is that a diet or a fitness program? One of the bras I purchased was a Bali and the other a lillette. Both very comfortable.
Hi Bobbi,

It is a kind of a healthy way of eating. I have bought, but not yet read the book. Seems to be based on Acid vs Alkaline foods. (However, not intuitive – e.g., orange juice is alkaline & pasteurized milk is acid?)

I will keep you posted as I get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi I worked on my wall hanging tonite,i thought it needed more color so I appliqued fireweed along the left side. im pleased with it. now need to do all the blanket stitching then can add the layers and quilt it. fireweed is a flower that grows every where around here,its a weed but a really pretty one. heres a picture of my unfinished project. the other will be one with br bears fishing,one with a salmon set net boat,and the 4th one mountains and cbin scene.These are McKenna Ryan patterns,with my own twist. I never follow a pattern as is but change it around. one of my many hobbies,can hardly wait till steve starts on my craft room . ttfn rosey
Hi Rosey,

I LOVE that quilt! Just beautiful!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Arrrrrrrrrrgh....groan...blah...Just finished grocery/drug store shopping. My knees are screaming and my wallet is moaning. Noisy here. Can't wait to see orthopod on Thurs. Of course, I am getting chicken pangs. so add clucking to the household din.

I have been faithfully on level one with nar a cheat. The scale was down 11lbs yesterday. But like most women I loss it all over opposed DH who instantly losses it in the belly. Hey, my toes look thinner.....grrrrrr. Averaging about 900 cals/day.

Downton Abby was so good last night. Makes it hard to wait another week for more.

It's is wonderful, Lynn, that after all these years we can still remember Linda. Says a lot about the good soul she was. (and monitor)

Cajun...If you are peeking in, remember if you had sent us the slices of that pie we requested you'd be feeling a lot better today.

Sorry...but have got to put these knees up BLB k3
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #157  

Height: 5'3"

Went to the gym today even though I was very sleepy. That 4 hour nap I got yesterday kept me from sleeping much last night, so I ended up taking a couple benedryl about 2 am. Shouldn't have waited so long. I walked a mile, biked 10 min, hand bike 6 min and did one weight machine for my hamstrings.
My weight dropped 2# probably due to having the children. They are good for that. I'm still trying to get down to my sig weight of course.
Yesterday's stats:

Calories 1632
Fat - 58g H
carbs - 221 H
Fiber - 24g
Chol - 64
Sodium - 1780

Really need to work on the fat more because it also affects my diabetes. Trying to get my fiber to 30, haven't made it yet but doing better. Seems like the more fiber I get the less colon pain so it's worth it.

Bobbi - going to try your pudding receipes. I use Stevia but mostly I use it as Truvia as it is easier to use for me. More like sugar in measurement. I have trouble getting just the right amount of Stevia.

Rosey - Love the quilt! I have always wanted to make one but am too lazy I guess. Doubt I'll ever get it done.

Well, I hear dh doing the dishes. He probably thinks I'll never get to them so I better get off this computer and get some work done! Hope you all have a good day!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey goldens. We got back from the camp and I didn't rest at all. I hunted morning and afternoon. We got back yesterdsy and went grocery shopping. I'm so tired. Lady night I started feeling bad. I'm stopped up and feel a cold coming on. My weekend eating was ok most of the weekend. I had one lil mess up when we went to our friends camp next door. My choices were limited. I ate a small portion not to be rude and passed on dessert. Ok ladies you would be proud of me. I didn't eat the caramel apple cream cheese pie. The campers ate 1/2 of it and I sent the other half with them to their camp. Yay for me.
No pie for you ladies. Not good for any of us.
Someone said it sounded like packing for camp was stressful. It's not really. We plan our menu and dh goes to the store and packs up food in the ice chest. I pack up our clothes. That's about it. We keep our camp stocked with food so it just bringing things we run out of. All our hunting clothes stay there so it's just mainly underclothes and a couple jeans and shirts. Dh usually goes ahead of me and gets supper cooked. Usually we cook at my camp Friday night and our friends camp Saturday night. It's not bad. The tiring thing is the hunting. Sunday morning we walked to our stand a really long way. I had rubber boots on that don't wAlk good and bulky hunting clothes and a gun and a chair to sit on. I was huffing and puffing fighting briars and vines. Crossing over logs. My legs and butt were screaming. The whole time I was thinking " burn fast burn fat". Lol. That's what's so tiring about my weekend.
Thanks Bobbi for the cd website. Hi to everyone. Feeling too bad for personals.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 01-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #159  
living in the moment

S/C/G: 100kg/81.2kg/58kg

Height: 158cm

hin golden girls! i have to admit that i only read tghe last 3 or so pages of post even thoughi've been away. sorry i've actually been sick. in bed.

i'm suffering with this awful heat. DH says it isn't hot.today it is 41degs (that's celcius, girls!) .you be the judge. haha.

i have to go. i'm sorry. i will be back but i don't know when i will be feeling better. i've been sleeping and watching the tennis (australian open) all the time

doing my art - btw rosie love your quilt. wow. i don't sew but i make ATC's, inchies, smashbook, etc.
love
saraphin
Old 01-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #160  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

It’s been an ok day. It was sunny this morning. It was nice weather and I rode my bike. I wish doing that came naturally and that I didn’t have to fight with myself do it. I am always glad once I get going and after I have done it, but it is so easy to make excuses and talk myself out of it.

Worked again on some mending and fixing of clothes. And fixed up a box for Maddie where I am have put some stuff that she might use to make some of her creations.

Struggling this evening with wanting to stress eat. Gave in a little, but not as bad as I have done sometimes.

Saraphin ~ sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Cajun ~ hope you can get rested up and feeling better and that that cold doesn’t get you.

Mary ~ yea on the 2# loss. Hope you rest better tonight.

K3 ~ sorry your knees are hurting so badly. Way to go on the 11# loss.

Lynn ~ hope things went smoothly with the insurance people for your daughter’s place. Yes, I have been around long enough to remember Linda/Meowee.

Bobbi ~ thank you for the recipes and web sites. I haven’t had a chance to look at them yet.

Rosey ~ your quilt/wall hanging thing is beautiful.

Hello K31 and Robin.

Getting sleepy, so guess I will head to bed.

Hope you all rest well.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 01-13-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:57 AM   #161  

rosey

breakfast
coffee
glazed donut

lunch
diet chix ranch pizza
iced tea

snack
hot coffee mocha

dinner
2 fried eggs
1 slice toast
small slice ham
mandarin orange
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #162  

Height: 5'7"

Hello, can I join in? I will turn 50 this month. I am struggling with it! I lost my brother a week after he turned 50. He had health issues but it's still hard hitting that mark.
I hang out in the 300lb area. When I started 6 yrs ago I was 307 lbs. I lost 90 and then gained some back and lost it again a few times. I am thankful I never gained it all back. I am experiencing an empty nest as my youngest married in 2013. I am a mom of 3 and grandmother of 4 with our 5th due in 3 wks.
I am a calorie counter and it works great when I do it faithfully.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:15 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

2 new things –
1) Got my MS Surface tablet. So far, the only problem I have is synching it with all my other stuff. Part of problem is I can’t remember all my usernames & passwords. My goal for today is to connect with my various email accounts.
2) Going to a new hairdresser today. I have gone to same place for about 10 years. However, I have not liked my cut for about a year. Decided to try someone new. I will let you know how it works out.
1 old thing – a new class begins today. So far looks like I have 26 students – WAY too many for a graduate course.

Have a GREAT day everyone,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Averaging about 900 cals/day.
It's is wonderful, Lynn, that after all these years we can still remember Linda. Says a lot about the good soul she was. (and monitor)
Hi Karen,

I am with you. If I want to lose, I need to keep my calories under 1,000/day. I have done quite a bit of reading about this & as long as the calories are low on simple carbs & fat, it is an OK amount when you are over 50.

About Linda – when I first found out I had diabetes 2, Linda was a big help to me – encouraging me to work with a nutritionist about my diet. Linda had diabetes for years and craved (and often ate) sweets. Being new to diabetes, I was appalled. Now that I have been diabetic for 8+ years, I totally understand. I wish Linda was here for me to apologize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Rosey - Love the quilt! I have always wanted to make one but am too lazy I guess. Doubt I'll ever get it done.
Hi Mary,

I always thought I would like to quilt (hand-quilt). However, last year, I got involved with a quilting club, bought a LOT of quilting stuff, and found out that mostly everyone does most of the quilting on a sewing machine. I always loved embroidery & crewel, but hated sewing on a machine. I gave away most of my quilting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Ok ladies you would be proud of me. I didn't eat the caramel apple cream cheese pie. The campers ate 1/2 of it and I sent the other half with them to their camp. Yay for me.
Hi Cajun,

I am impressed. I would NOT have been able to pass up that pie. Good for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraphin View Post
i'm suffering with this awful heat. DH says it isn't hot.today it is 41degs (that's celcius, girls!) .you be the judge. haha.
Hi Saraphin,

41 degrees Celsius = 106 degrees Fahrenheit. Sounds hot to me!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Lynn ~ hope things went smoothly with the insurance people for your daughter’s place. Yes, I have been around long enough to remember Linda/Meowee.
Hi Gayle,

The insurance guy looked like a teen ager. He just looked around & took photos. They won’t find out for a while how much the insurance will pay. LOTS of damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
:
lunch
diet chix ranch pizza
iced tea
Hi Rosey,

What is “diet chix ranch pizza?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
Hello, can I join in? I will turn 50 this month. I am struggling with it! I lost my brother a week after he turned 50. He had health issues but it's still hard hitting that mark.
I hang out in the 300lb area. When I started 6 yrs ago I was 307 lbs. I lost 90 and then gained some back and lost it again a few times. I am thankful I never gained it all back. I am experiencing an empty nest as my youngest married in 2013. I am a mom of 3 and grandmother of 4 with our 5th due in 3 wks.
I am a calorie counter and it works great when I do it faithfully.
Hi dgramie,

WELCOME! You will love it here. We have a bunch of great women who are always ready to support each other. Glad you found us.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #164  
Bobbi

Good Morning and welcome gramie. Calorie counting works for me and of course a good kitchen scale. My old one died and my new one arrived yesterday, it works fantastic. Holds up to 13 pounds!

Lynn... Meow brings back memories for me too, she was an inspiration to everyone. I'm with you on eating 1,000 calories or less. What was it you read about being okay if you're over 50?

I found out I wasn't as active as I thought I was, actually in the very light standing activity according to Fitday. I purchased a new pedometer that is very accurate of the steps I take. It seems like I'm on my feet most of the day but my pedometer tells me differently.

Yesterday we walked over to the YMCA, 4 minutes over and 4 minutes back home. I exercised 30 minutes, spent a great deal of time in the kitchen baking treats for guest coming, cooked supper, did dishes among regular house hold chores. I thought I'd have many steps on my pedometer but I didn't. 4, 334. That's all. I double checked my steps, counted 100 steps out and checked the pedometer. Exactly the same so I'm just a slug bug. It's no wonder I have to stay under 1,000 calories to lose.

I'm at goal AGAIN, so I'll still post my menu & calories for a few weeks to make sure I stay at this weight. The only thing I'll do differently is not count Sundays calories....that will be my free day.

Have a good one everyone...ta ta

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-14-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #165  
Bobbi

Rosey...looks like you and my hubby were hungry for the same thing last night, he wanted eggs, toast and bacon.

Quote:
Monday'sMenu
Calories 1,109
Fiber grams 43
Breakfast: Oatmeal, cinnamon applesauce, almond milk in pot of coffee

Lunch: Banana, chocolate & peanut butter smoothie
Hot Carob drink

Supper: 2 Egg Beaters, 2 slices low cal toast, blackberry SF jam, 4 sliced turkey bacon

Evening snack: Coconut pudding, double FF Cool Whip serving, topped with 1/2 serving dry Fiber One.
Popcorn
Closed Thread