Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

saraphin - that's why pictures are so interesting, isn't it? We all carry it so differently. I guess, it was bad it went all to my belly, but when it came off, it came off from there too!!! My posture has improved with the last 16 months of pretty heavy exercise (strength, cardio, and LOTS of swimming). I've always envied the lithesome look of swimmers. It's a goal of mine to join the Masters league here (the name only means over age 18, so there's hope for me!) Right now, though, I still have weak knees and hips, so there's a lot more time to be spent with my physical therapist. That's helped keep me on track --- sorta' like a personal coach.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Okay Ladies....Just because I wasn't here (out playing bridge) doesn't mean I can't find you with my rolling pin. I glory in my old cronehood and screw up I'll be there. Never been known for tactfulness and with my black dry humor be careful....Donna is the posse leader and can track anyone down. We may not be "Duck Dynasty"....but we'll gettchya. k3

ps came in 3rd today with 17 tables.

Last edited by Karen3; 12-09-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #78  
living in the moment

S/C/G: 100kg/81.2kg/58kg

Height: 158cm

shakin'in my boots now
Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

why bless her heart!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #80  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

I spent too much time online this weekend ~ but it was fun.

There is a group on Facebook (Mantua over the decades) ~ from my home town ~ Mantua, Ohio. One lady found a picture of a house in her deceased relatives pictures. She did not live in our town, so was asking people from the area if they knew where this house was. A lot of different people chimed in telling where they think it was. At first they thought it was a house in the little town, then a house outside of town. Now they are back to thinking it was in town. When they thought it was a house outside of town, it was thought that this house was one that my great grandparents had lived in.

The lady who posted the picture had been doing genealogy on her family for 20 some years, and knows how to find all kinds of information. She ~ in just a few minutes gave me names and dates of some of my ancestors. It was very interesting.

I had happened to mention to her that my grandpa was in the bee/honey business. Then, I happened upon a page on Facebook of a honey bee farm owned by people with the same last name as my grandpa. With the names, dates and locations the lady provided, as well as ancestry information that had been provided by a distant relative of my mom's, I am pretty sure that these people are somehow related to my grandpa. Small world.

The first picture is the one that started the discussion by people trying to figure out where this house is (I'm not sure if they have finally figured it out or not). The second picture was of the lady's ancestors ~ turns out this one was taken on the back porch not of the first house, but of the one where my great grandparents lived after these people. The third one is of that same back porch after it had been remodeled and the last picture is of the front of that house today. It was fun being part of trying to figure out this puzzle.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #81  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks for the chuckle this morning, nice picture Glynne of Donna and K3.
Welcome delmarva, do you have a shorter name we can use?

Mary...with all your winnings, you really don't have to do any shopping for Xmas do you?

Cajun...Bruce bagged a deer this year, only about 8 miles from home. He had a reservation in a motel many miles away but I convinced him to hunt local and not bring any bed bugs home with him. I had a reason for telling him this, he hunts by himself and I worry about him out there alone if he has a heart attack or something. For those who don't know about him, he's a NEAT FREAK, and the thought of dirty motels made him come around to my way thinking. He used to hunt around one horse towns and that's all they have in the area, flea-beaten motels.

Donna...I spit my coffee out chuckling over your delicate nature. And I'm scared to death of K3.

I'm doing an experiment in the kitchen today, a recipe for chocolate chip cookies using no oil, no flour, no sugar and I can't remember what else. Get ready for the secret ingredient, chick peas. Sounds yucky doesn't it.

Hi to everyone I missed, I can't go back a page to see what I missed as I'm typing from memory.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-10-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #82  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, Goldens!

Bobbi - how did the cookies turn out? They sound TERRIBLE, but I have an open mind.... I'm glad you convinced DH to stick close to home. And you'll enjoy all that meat this winter!

Nothing going on. Ready to make breakfast, lunch, and get to work.

Stay warm/cool, as the case may be.... Later, lovelies!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #83  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

At last ~ sunshine. It is still cold (34*) for Texas, but looks so much better with the sun shining.

Donna ~ sorry about the head size. Neither yours or K3's came out quite right. Yours was too small, and K3's was too large. I'm just not that talented. I tried my best. Thank you for letting me. I had been waiting for just the right moment and hoping it would bring a smile.

Bobbi ~ I saw that recipe you are telling about. Looking forward to hearing how they turn out. Maybe it is similar to those black bean brownies I have seen recipes for. That sounds yucky too, but I think I have heard that they are tasty.

Thank you for sharing your pictures Delmarva ~ it gives hope to see that it can be done.

Mary ~ glad your back is hurting less ~ hope that cough lets up for you. Keep hoping for all of us for whom 2013 has not been a good year, that 2014 will be better to us.

Saraphin ~ glad you are having nice warm weather, and enjoying your garden. It is interesting to hear about life in another part of the world.

Cajun ~ hope the next time you get to go to your deer stand that it is not quite as cold, so you can enjoy it more.

CK ~ is it still cold and snowy where you are?

I guess I'd better get going. I want to take advantage of this sun shiny day and go get my hair cut. It has needed cutting for a couple weeks now, and I have kept putting it off because I dreaded going out in the cold, dreary, drippy, sunless weather. Then when I get back, need to contact the Rheumatologist. I am having pain in my wrists again. That is where it started last time and progressed to where I could barely walk. I am afraid maybe I am starting to have another flareup, and I don't want to play around and wait until I get in the fix I was in last time.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 12-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Got down to FL yesterday. Weather is beautiful - low 70's last night - low 80's today. Of course, I carried down LOTS of warm clothes. Looks like I will be taking them back home with me.

Lynn
Old 12-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #85  
Bobbi

dang...I can't find the recipe. Where did I see it, on Facebook Glynne? I purchased the chick peas yesterday for it? Guess I'll have to look around for it, if any of you find it, post it please.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #86  
Bobbi

Good old google found it, I read the calorie count in these and not so diet friendly. I shan't make them. 155 calories per cookie, nope. I think the recipe is for folks that need gluten free, daily free foods. '

Quote:
NO FLOUR, NO OIL, NO WHITE SUGAR
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups canned* chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter (can use PB2 from gym to make healthier, check your labels)
1/4 cup (80 grams) honey (agave would be amazing too!)
1 teaspoon baking powder**
a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips

* My can was a 400 gram can, 240 grams without the water, and I used all but a few tablespoons

** If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.

Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.

Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.

With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls. Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.

Yields about fourteen 1 1/2″ cookie dough balls.
*** Don't even try with regular peanut butter! They'll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter.
http://tinyurl.com/c4dkn43
Old 12-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #87  
living in the moment

S/C/G: 100kg/81.2kg/58kg

Height: 158cm

hi ladies, great stories you all have

i think any kind of hunting is awful, don't know how anyone could hurt an animal. but that's me and we are all different and i respect that you think so differently to me on so many things, i'm sure.

that's what makes our new friendships so exciting - you are all so different to me and it's a grand opportunity to CELEBRATE DIVERSITY and not JUST TALK ABOUT IT!!!!

DH just dropped in, no doubt for coffee. i love him working locally - i get to see him all the time! oh, he's gone - just dropped in to use the bathroom and to say hello LOL

ok, so i was talking about diversity; so interesting to me.

don't get me wrong, i eat meat, and DH butchers cattle - but i don't want to know about it.

you see, i'm a city girl, a bit precious, and i like my meat to come wrapped in white paper, filleted and sliced thinly - inless it's a steak! i don't even like handling chicken with my bare hands although i do cook it (using tongs). lol

saraphin
Old 12-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning golden girls. Last night we ground the wild pork dh killed this weekend. He added pepper jack cheese to it. Going to smoke it this morning. Last night we made a burger with a little bit of it and put it on the grill. Yummy!
Not too much going on this week. Just work.

Saraphin I often talk about my hunting trips on here. Sorry if you are offended. Hunting and fishing is a way of life for me. We have always lived off the land as they say. We eat more of what we catch or kill than we buy in the store. We know where it comes from and we don't waste what we take. We are not exactly trophy hunters. It's just our culture. Again sorry if you are offended.

Bobbi dh hunts here at home too. About 2 miles. I'm always calling him to make sure he got off his stand ok and is on his way home. He hunts here at home during the week and on weekends we go to the hunting lease/camp about 1 hour away. We haven't got a deer yet but hoping to get one and make ground meat with it. There are so many ways you can cook it and much healthier than beef.

Lynn glad you made the trip ok. Are you planning to spend Xmas there?

Gayle I'm hoping its a little bit warmer too. So far this year we are having more cold weather than usual.

Be back later. Hi to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 12-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #89  
Bobbi

Good Morning...just a fly by to catch up on the posts. Nothing interesting going on here, Christmas party at nursing home tonight for MIL and all the residents. The nursing home puts on a beautiful buffet with all kinds of hot/cold foods, desserts (including fancy cheese cakes in foil, my fav) and wine if you want it. I'm careful what I eat, don't want my tummy/hips to take on any growing spurts.

P.S. Saraphinn...don't worry, we're not offended about hunting. Like cajun says, its a way of life. Venison is so healthy, our ground hamburger is bright red with no added suet or fat. We purchased a heavy duty meat grinder years ago and more than paid for it by processing our deer ourselves.
Ta Ta
Old 12-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Birthday Freda! Have a Good day!
Closed Thread