Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #16  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick Good Hola!

Just about time to get ready for b'fast, make a lunch, lather the lard, etc., get ready for work. Had a lovely and quiet weekend, which makes Tuesday/Monday hard! One of these days...

The WF might be on drugs. It's GORGEOUS here again. I froze the chicken noodle soup, because I don't think I'll be needing it just yet. And baking powder biscuits sound wonderful, Bobbi!

Nothing to report! I hope you're all well. Rosie - rest up! Later, lovelies...
Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

We are having another gray rainy day here. Just a slow drizzle but will probably last all day. Going to my sisters for lunch today. There is a lady in bible study that lives alone and loves to cook. So she asked my sister if she could come over to her house and fix lunch for the both of us today. Nice.....

Just kind of a "yuck" day where you really would love to just crawl back into bed and read, nap, and red some more!!

Have a Great day everyone!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #18  
Jacksonville, FL

Default Help

Ok gals, I have spent 10 minutes in my profile, edit profile and FAQ I can't find how to edit my tracker....the tracker app must not like me!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

We went to the coast for a few days. We had fun despite my hernia causing a lot of chest pain. Had my regular diabetic followup yesterday and told doc about it and he did another EKG and lots of lab work to make sure and my heart is fine, so he agrees it is my hernia. I'm now on Zantac in addition to the Nexium. He was more concerned about the diverticulitis which has not completely gone away....it's mild pain but it is there 2-3 times a day. He put me back on those nasty antibiotics. He doesn't seem too concern about my eating. I asked him if something I ate could be causing it and he just shook his head. Doctors can be frustrating sometimes. He mentioned referring me to a surgeon again so I sure hope the antibiotics will do the trick! We never got around to talking about my bs (lucky me!) but in light of possible continued infection, the A1C might not really be very insightful anyway. He didn't mention my weight loss and unfortunately I did gain back 1#.

I think my main problem is that my metabolism is so slow and I need to find ways to increase it. I got back to the gym this morning...just did 30 min cardio...and my bs (which started out high as usual this am) was just a little bit high two hours after breakfast and by lunch was almost normal person normal!! Yea! Guess I need to workout after every meal.

While at the coast we walked about 30-45 min on the long walkway coming back in the sand. I love walking outside! We also walked a lot browsing the shops. Our resort is right downtown with the beach on the backside of it, great location! One day we drove to Tillamook and visited the cheese factory. Years ago we had been there and it was fun to see the changes they have made. I bought some dips which I think will be gifts. We shared a lunch and watched the processing/packaging of the cheese. We were only at the coast for 3 nights. Had breakfast with our sil who works there before coming home. A nice quiet getaway. Since we got home we've enjoyed eating out with family once and had our son here once. Always a joy!

No time for personals today, sorry, but I have lots to do. Wore myself out yesterday grocery shopping and today I need to clean house. With going to the gym, I get a late start. Hope you all have a good day.

Last edited by maryea; 11-05-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I am back on 100% JC (was not really following it). Just kind of fooling around & eating some of their food, but not the veggies & fruit.

Will see if I start losing again.

My new course began today. Although there are a lot of problems with the new system, there are two different chat rooms where I can get help from other faculty. I am sure it will be great when they get rid of all the glitches, but right now it is a much more fragile system than I was used to.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Lynn
Old 11-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Deelou, to edit your tracker it is in the "signature" part. Once you click on "edit signature" you will see it there. Hope that helps
Old 11-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #22  
Jacksonville, FL

Ok, I went back and FINALLY saw the URL stuff and realized I needed to change the numbers in the box....! Thanks, I revised my goal as it was just too discouraging to see the distance......I had to......go
Old 11-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning GG's,
Haven't bee on in awhile. Busy with work. I fall into the bed exhausted at night. Weekends are camping. But we are not going Friday night. We have 80 lbs of sausage to do and it's easier to do at home than at the camp. Dh broke his recliner and mine is not doing too good either. We are going to go Saturday to the lazy boy store and buy that brand this time. We had lazy boy before and they lasted a long time. Dh's recliner is only 5 years old. We bought from home furniture. We paid a lot for them too. :-/.
Thinking about thanksgiving already. Turkey's are on sale this week. I'm thinking I'm going to get them for thanksgiving and Xmas. Trying to get started Xmas shopping also. I'd rather go camping and hunting than shop but someone has to do it. It's coming fast.
Diet? What diet? I'm struggling so hard. It's still in my heart but not in my head. My clothes are not fitting as well. They are looking like I've been poured into them. Somehow my brain thinks I can eat whatever I want at the camp and I continue to do that at home. Dh says he will eat diet food so he is not the problem. If I make grilled chicken with a salad he's happy with that. I don't have to prepare 2 different meals. How do I start again without the temptations. I know if I stop the carbs my body will stop the cravings. It would get easier but it's to get there. I know I'm whining but I need help.

I have no time left. Work is demanding my attention.
Hello to all my friends.

Hugs
Cajun.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #24  

Height: 5'3"

Hello all! It's a cloudy damp day but still a good day. Got started on the 2nd antibiotic (pharmacy had to get it from another pharmacy) yesterday and doc is only making me take one pill this time instead of three at a time (every 12 hrs), and I'm thankful as it made me so dizzy before, but still hoping it will take care of the infection. So, I'm trying to stick with a soft diet again until the infection is gone.

Went to gym again today and got my 30 min cardio plus did a couple weight machines.

Cajun - Good to hear from you! Camping sounds fun, but I'm sure it's hard on your diet. Any change in my life tends to get me off track. I did ok on my last trip but when I got home I started overeating, so now have to rein myself in and it's hard.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Mary
It is very hard to get control. I learned something about myself this last year and that is I'm either 100% on or off the diet. I can't find balance. Or if I mess up just keep on going and forget it. If I mess up I continue to mess up. Oh what to do?
I sure hope you get to feeling better.
I admire your courage to keep going with your meal plan.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #26  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s

Cajun ~ keep hanging in there ~ every day ~ even every meal ~ every eating opportunity, is another chance to try again and get it right. And every time you get it right is one less time you are getting it wrong. Never give up!

Mary ~ sorry you are having to do antibiotics again ~ hopefully with the lower dose, you won’t feel dizzy. Hope it clears up your infection this time. Glad you had a nice time at the coast. I am envious (in a nice way) of your walks on the beach ~ those would be so enjoyable.

Deelou ~ good idea revising your goal. Taking it in smaller chunks makes it seem not such a daunting task. Be careful not to over do on those days when you are feeling better ~ get back into things slow and easy

Lynn ~ Glad you had a nice trip to Santa Fe. You will do it ~ getting back on track with the JC.

Donna and Bobbi ~ you guys always crack me up with your expressions ~ lather the lard and spackle the cracks of your face.

Donna ~ your pot of soup sounds delicious. How is Samson doing? I’m glad you have had some beautiful weather to enjoy.

Bobbi ~ your cross stitch picture of the birds and seasons sounds like it will be a beautiful picture when it is completed.

K31 ~ I love hearing about your Sunday family get togethers. Sounds like so much fun. I’m glad you have that kind of nice relationship with your family. Priceless

Rosey ~ you keep resting and healing and getting better. Take care of yourself ~ don’t hurry it ~ your energy will return. Keep on enjoying your pups, reading and gorking.

K3 ~ I’m glad you were able to help those two men ~ your bridge partners ~ to be able to get some comfort from sharing with each other their experiences with their wives. And to relieve the one gentleman of the pressure that was being put on him by his sons to move his wife.

I spent yesterday and part of today working on an online driving safety course from AARP ~ required as part of getting auto insurance. Glad that is done. Thought to myself ~ now I can enjoy tomorrow, then remembered that I haven’t yet done my 3 job searches this week to submit for unemployment benefits. Grrrr. I hate doing that.

Guess I will get off and try to relax a bit. Try to find something to watch or what ever to keep from thinking about D brother’s horrible shenanigans.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 11-06-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #27  
Jacksonville, FL

I am learning a lot from about.com thyroid forum.....the sad thing is to follow part of the suggestions, exercise 45 minutes 5 days a week, I need to have the energy to even do my household tasks first......and two years ago I ate like they suggested and went to gym three times a week for 5 months and only lost 2 pounds....so I may just have to accept that this is where I will be for the rest of my life.....
Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
I am learning a lot from about.com thyroid forum.....the sad thing is to follow part of the suggestions, exercise 45 minutes 5 days a week, I need to have the energy to even do my household tasks first......and two years ago I ate like they suggested and went to gym three times a week for 5 months and only lost 2 pounds....so I may just have to accept that this is where I will be for the rest of my life.....
Hi Dee,

My daughter has Graves disease & just found a new doctor in FL. The doctor is putting her on a SERIOUS diet - mostly fruit & veggies & LOTS of juicing. She is a marathon runner and is in training for a winter marathon in FL - this week running 14 miles every other day.

She is having trouble trying to lose weight. Hopefully, the new diet will work for her.

Lynn
Old 11-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #29  
Jacksonville, FL

Ladyinwaiting, How can she exercise like that! The fatigue is the worse part of my thyroid disease, then weight......!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey...Another perfect day with sunshine and good sleeping temps. Have house open and nose is running with dust/pollens and who knows what???

Gayle...You brought back such a funny bone I have with DH! In 1982 he moved the company to MD and I found that nurse wages were 50% lower and that if you move for spouse's job you are not eligible for unemployment! So he hired me and I worked my butt off for months. The 2 of us with my card table set up the entire plant from electrical to post office etc etc etc....Then he terminated me and I went to collect unemployment. No problem getting it except DH(grrrrrrrr) had stated on the form I was terminated for inability to do the work. He is still laughing....and I'm still mad. Do you still mail in report on Sundays?

Cajun...I have threaten you with mayhem and the posse, I have nagged and even planned on sending Donna, so now I am sweetly asking you to just diet for 4 days...just for me, sugar.

Mary...How's the tum?

Lynn...Your daughter with her running is magnificent!

Bobbi...seems like your move to town hasn't slowed down your chores, but isn't it fun to be close to stuff.

Donna...how is the new hire at work working out?

Gotta get dinner started....small pork roast and grilling a bit of fresh pineapple. k3

Last edited by Karen3; 11-07-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Closed Thread