• Staying the same is a BIG improvement for me!! So far, so good
  • Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
    2/22 = 216.8 At least it moved down!
    3/1 = 216.7 Starting a new month with another budge down = -6.3
    3/8 = 216.6 Another 10th = -6.4
    3/16 = 216.5 Still moving in the right direction = -6.5
    3/22 = 216.4 Total of -6.6 now!
  • Good job, AAD
  • Shock this morning! I was very busy yesterday getting ready for a visit from hubby's brother, must have used some more calories!!
  • Your doing good AAD and Deelou!! Stick with it.

Renee, I think we both are planning on tilting that scale once again in a positive direction this week. It may have stuck for one week, but with a little effort I think we can get those pounds disappearing once again.

• I was looking for something different to eat. You know how it is when you eat the same thing day after day. I needed to find something that would fit my husband's diet too. I found this recipe in a Better Homes & Garden Cookbook. Made it, and both my husband and I found it to be a recipe that we will make again. If you like Green Beans, then I think you will enjoy this one. The recipe called for fresh green beans. We used frozen and they tasted good to us. It also called for peeled tomatoes, but we didn't peel them and they turned out fine. So here it is:

Spanish String Beans
    1 pound Green Beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (3 cups)
    1/2 cup chopped Green Pepper
    1/4 cup chopped Onion
    1 tablespoon Olive oil or cooking oil
    2 medium Tomatoes, peeled and chopped.
    1 teaspoon Salt
    1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
    1/2 teaspoon dried Basil, crushed
    1/4 teaspoon dried Rosemary, crushed
    Salt and pepper to taste.

Cook fresh cut-up grean beans in water until desired tenderness. Then drain.

Meanwhile, cook chopped green pepper and onion in hot olive oil or cooking oil till tender but now brown.

Add chopped tomatoes, salt, basil, rosemary, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.

Stir in cooked green beans, heat through.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Makes 8 servings.
  • I thought it was too good to be true....up 2pounds....the only thing I can figure is I had French toast for dinner last night and it was white bread....praying it is only water!! I think I do better when I cut back on all white flour and most wheat products...no gastric issues, but weight...I keep on keeping on....lunc with daughter today....salad! Which I do not like a whole lot...
  • Deelou hang in there. My weight goes up and down all through the week too. Maybe it was just the white bread. Keep strong for the rest of this week and I think you will be okay.
  • Fall is in the air here, so that means Spring is in the air for East Coast USA. Maybe you will have one last snowfall before then.

I think you probably have had more than enough snow this year though.

Hope you enjoy your Spring.
  • Very cold and windy here today...the calendar says Spring, but it still feels like Winter!
  • Renee- I bet you are looking forward to some nicer weather. I hope you get some soon.

Here is another recipe that I like and want to share:

Arabian Spinach

1 Onion, sliced
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 small garlic cloves, crushed
    14 oz spinach, washed and shredded
    1 tsp cumin seeds
    1 X 15 oz can chick peas, drained
    salt and ground black pepper

In a large frying pan or wok, fry the onion in the oil for about 5 minutes until softened.

Add the garlic and cumin seeds, then fry for another minute.

Add the spinach , in stages, stirring it until the leaves begin to wilt.

Stir in chick peas, and seasoning. Reheat until just bubbling, then serve hot.

Serves 4
  • Today's weigh-in shows 0.5lb loss. I'm still headed in the right direction. Hope the rest of you do better.
  • Good job Corinna! I stayed the same...too much stress eating this week...will do better next week.....
  • Keeping on, keeping on.......
  • Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
    3/1 = 216.7 Starting a new month with another budge down = -6.3
    3/8 = 216.6 Another 10th = -6.4
    3/16 = 216.5 Still moving in the right direction = -6.5
    3/22 = 216.4 Total of -6.6 now!
    3/29 = 216.2 Woohoo! = -6.8