25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • Thanks Lizzie! I am looking forward to your success story this year too. Yes, I hope to see several success stories this year from this group.

Hey everyone, Fitness Blender.com has a number of free videos seen on Youtube. Here is one that I got my husband to do with me. It takes less than 15 minutes and anyone can do the stretching exercise. No equipment is needed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VULt-...em-subs_digest
    Give it a look/try. I enjoyed it.

Well Day 1 is done. I did good for the day. A couple of walks, bit of exercise, eating healthy small meals, water, and plenty of variety. I know the next few days will be harder as my body adjusts. I am still thinking thin to win! I want to be that skinny person. I can do it. You can do it too!! You can, and you will. Let's do it! Come on, we can do this!!!

• Slowly getting back into healthy eating.....still purging the house of holiday goodies. Had our traditional New Years dinner of pork and sauerkraut last night...I am ready to get off this sugar high.

We're getting 8 -10 inches of snow tonight
  • I love the Blender Fitness videos. I just stumbled on them one day. I've got a bunch bookmarked. They keep them short and doable. I'll check that one out later - thanks Corinna.
  • Hi, Corinna & Lizzie, I will post my weight on Saturdays. Thanks for the warm welcome. Marian
  • Hello everyone, it is Friday weigh-in day:

25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together
    Goal: 30 lb
    Start date: 6 Dec 2013

12/06 .... 138.6 kg .... start
    12/13 .... 136.3 kg .... -5.1 lb
    12/20 .... 135.9 kg .... -0.9 lb
    12/27 .... 134.4 kg .... -3.3 lb
    01/03 .... 133.7 kg .... -1.5 lb

-10.8 lb TOTAL
  • Wonderful, Darius You will keep us motivated!
  • Wow Darius, that is great!!! Almost 11 pounds in one month. You must be staying busy and doing good with your eating. You are an inspiration to us all. Keep it going.

Still staying on track with my diet. Two days done. So far, so good. Today I am planning on making some type of stuffed Zucchini with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and protein mince.

Renee-I hope your purging the house of goodies does not include you eating them too. Pork Chops and Sauerkraut are a good choice. Sugar is an easy addiction, but sometimes hard to break. Stay strong and kick that habit. Oh, guess you got a bit more white than you wanted.
    Hope it gets better for you.
  • Just a reminder of some of the things it takes to get there........

• Back down to starting weight......thankful for that...I gained a few long before the holidays and have just been watching calories, sugar and carbs without doing low carb...my cholesterol was way up with low carb because I ate too much meat as I do not care for veggies much....
  • I have decided with such difficulty in losing anything to break mt goal down in smaller portions...right now 160 seems impossible....
  • Me too Deelou. It can get discouraging to think of your final goal. Was it Corinna who is shooting for 5 lbs. a month? I think 5 lb. increments are a little easier to think about. So 149 is my new goal for this month.

Have a good one everyone!
  • I would love to join this thread. I am new & this is my first post. I need to lose about 25lbs. I have been on several other lose fast diets but just gained it back. I am so tired of diets & failing but this time I will try to lose from 1 to 2 lbs a week & keep it off. Its nice to have others who will understand what I'm going through. my starting weight is 178 .
  • Hi Maxwell Glad to have you join! We usually weigh in on Saturday and most of us are just getting back into serious healthy eating after the holidays...I was very bad over the holidays and will cringe when I weigh in tomorrow But, it's a new year and a new weight loss journey...together we can do it!
  • Started exercising
    Started exercising today! "Walk Away the Pounds" - I started with 1 mile work-out. Very enjoyable - I will work up to 2 miles in a couple of weeks. Need to dust off my weights. Enjoy the week-end everyone! Marian
  • Hey Deelou - it is better to focus on those baby steps and see instant results. You know you want the end result, but looking at that too often may just overwhelm you. It does for me. I need to feel like I am accomplishing something now. So if I can handle something each week or even month, that is more reasonable for me. It keeps me from getting depressed. Then once you find something that works for you each week, stick to it and keep it going, and eventually you will see that end results. You wouldn't ask a baby to walk a block, but you would ask them to walk a few feet to the couch. The more baby steps you take, the stronger you will be. You are only 12 lbs away, so very close. Don't give up yet!!!

Regarding cholesterol and meat, have you tried Tofu as a meat substitute? Here is one recipe that you can try and vary however you like. You can have it for breakfast or later in the day, put it in a wrap or eat it without one, add other ingredients like Zucchinni, olives, or tomatoes etc. or don't add any veggies but just put it on a sandwich. Sort of a substitute meal for scrambled eggs with veggies. Here is the website and you may find others you like too:
    http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recip...tofu-scramble/