25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Oh...no worry about me traveling in the snow...I'll just stay in until the roads are cleared....
  • 11 more days until Christmas. I love Christmas Eve. It always seems so enchanting.

My weigh in is the same for today. No changes, but as I said before, I will really be trying with the New Year. Just was curious about it, that's all.

Have a great weekend!
  • Me too I love Christmas. I always have. I volunteer as Santa Claus each year at a special education kids elementary school class, 2 kindergartens, a nursery school, and a small afternoon english class for elementary school kids.
  • You definitely spread the holiday spirit then. That is so nice.
  • I transitioned below 300 lbs today.
    135.9 kg = 299.6 pounds
    I really feel like I accomplished something!
    I started at 325 lb about 8 weeks ago.
  • Darius, you are an inspiration! Thank you so much for joining our group! Have a wonderful week everyone!!!!!
  • Renee thank you very much! I hope you have a terrific week too.
  • Way to go Darius!!! 25 lbs in 8 weeks. You are moving right along. I will have to try the same in the very near future. I hope I will be just as successful as you are. Renee, we can do this too. Darius truly is an inspiration. Keep at it lady, your doing great.
  • Thank you Corinna! Oh I'm sorry I should have mentioned it..I'm a guy. King Darius of Persia? Not my real name. I didn't want to use my real name because I don't want my coworkers to recognize me.
  • Darius, I had a feeling you were a male.....have you always lived in Japan? You are doing really, really good on your journey...I will be joining you on January 1
  • Renee I've lived here for 10 years.
    Yep let's do it in January; I'm excited about next year because I will complete my entire diet program next year and be well into maintenance; if all goes well.
  • Darius, what diet program are you following? Seems like it really works for you...
    Getting more snow here today, but it's supposed to be near 60 degrees by Sunday..strange weather for December
  • Darius-no problem. I understand completely.
  • Well I haven't really fine-tuned my diet yet. It's something I am going to work on between now and when I finally reach the maintenance part. I need more variety and I don't eat enough vegetables. I like bread and I can't participate in a diet that says you have to eliminate things that are white like bread, rice etc. I have no idea what gluten is and it's just too much information. I'm eating less, almost no sweets, no snack food, no pancakes and syrup. I like toast and eggs and chicken sandwiches etc. I drink a lot of green tea and coffee. I don't know what the heck I am doing, but over the next 6 months I hope to fine tune my diet so that it works well. I am not counting calories except just rough estimations. I weigh every day. I fast one day a week just because I love the feeling of being completely empty (when I am as heavy as I am) - I like that feeling.
  • Darius, I think that is the secret....eat what you want in moderation. If you have to give up all that you love or go crazy counting calories, you won't stick with it. It's more about a lifestyle change.....