Old 10-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #391  
Darcy

S/C/G: 170.6/156.6/150

Height: 5' 7"

So excited!! Today I got on the scale and saw a new low -- 155.6!! It may not last, at least not for a while, but it's made me happy all day. Just had to share :-)
Mom2TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #392  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning,

Way to go Darcy ~ that is awesome.

No, we didn't die from shock. But the number of participants does seem to be dwindling. I know I didn't come around for a while ~ I wasn't doing well (diet wise) and so I guess I was embarrassed to be here. I always feel bad to come here when I am struggling ~ I don't want to bring everyone else down with my discouraged vibes.

I think Tera said something about a trip. Don't know where or exactly when that was supposed to be.

I'm not sure about Marie. She hasn't posted since mid August ~ hope she is ok.

Glad you are being able to get back here more often.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Take care all
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #393  
Darcy

Hi Gayle!

I understand that feeling while being down and not wanting to bring everyone else down (and feeling like you've failed)...but sometimes, it may be just what you need, to come to 3FC and get it all out and maybe get the positivity you need to motivate yourself back on track. I know we get ourselves back on track at our own pace, regardless, but I know we can all relate to relapses, bad days, bad choices, bad scale numbers, etc, so if you feel the need, drop on by. :-)

My low number didn't last, but that's ok...eventually I'll see it again! The weekend was wonderful. Too much driving in such a short time (6 hours there on Saturday, wedding that afternoon/evening, and 6 hour drive back on Sunday after a family breakfast), but the time we were there was wonderful. Saw family from out of state that I haven't seen in at least a couple of years, the bride was beautiful, the ceremony was so nice, and where they held the wedding and reception was so different from most weddings. They were married on a ranch, and the ceremony took place at the top of a hill overlooking the rolling hills dotted with oak trees, and the reception took place in a barn converted for special events. The bride and her family added so many personal touches to it (i.e. table numbers were handmade and looked like parts of old doors, an old paned window in a frame listed who was seated at each table (written on the glass panes), flowers placed in mason jars and others in cowboy boots), and it made for a memorable day!

Hope all is well with you, and with Tera and Marie!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies-Sorry I have been AWOL for awhile. First there was my vacation to see my family. Unfortunately things did not particularly go as I expected and seeing the family left me more than a little sad and resentful. The trip was not a total loss but let me put it this way-I have never cried so much on a vacation. I kind of had to just recover when I got home which included a lot of eating out of pity for my hurt feelings. Can't say I did not enjoy the eating though. I am feeling much better now that I have been home for awhile and hopefully this week I can get back to healthier food choices.

Last edited by TERAPET; 10-19-2014 at 10:01 PM.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #395  
Want to feel better

Glad you are back Tera ~ sorry you had a sad time and that your feelings were hurt, but glad you are feeling better now.

Darcy has been able to be back more lately.

I hope Marie is ok ~ wonder if she is ever coming back.

I have done some stress eating today. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

Take care
Old 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #396  
Darcy

Hi Gayle and Tera,

Still here..still taking it slow and easy (at least my body is...my mind would love to see faster weight loss LOL). Had a super long weekend of work that "allowed" me to see the sun rise 3 mornings in a row while working all night, and by Monday I was more tired than I've been in a long time. Barely functioned all day. I always gain 3 pounds on work weekends too (which is every other weekend). I know it's coming, and I know I'll lose it within 3 or so days, but it's always frustrating to see that on the scale when I'm tired and grouchy anyway.

Yesterday was my youngest son's 12th birthday, so I did indulge in a slice of his favorite cake (which is my favorite too) but I had eaten so little that I had the calories available -- and it was definitely worth it. :-)

Gayle, hope things are going well for you! And Tera, good to see you back. I'm so sorry your vacation was so stressful and upsetting. That definitely takes an emotional toll. I'm glad you've been able to decompress now that you've been home for a bit and getting back to your routine. Marie, hope you're doing ok! Miss seeing you on the board!

Take care everyone!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #397  

Hi Ladies. I have not done anything right lately food wise. I have kept up with the exercise though. My Y replaced two of my "go to" classes so now I am attending barre and kettle bell classes. Those are fun also. I am trying to coach myself back to the losing weight place. I am thinking maybe November 1 might be a good time.

Darcy-I would have a very difficult time staying up all night like that. I am trying to guess your occupation-is it nurse or fireman?

Gayle-I understand the stress eating. Hang in there.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #398  

BELLA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #399  

I think I am heading in the right direction but the scale is definitely not. I have gained about 3 pounds in the few weeks since my return from my vacation to see the mean family. Besides that, I have been extra busy at work. However, the vacation woes continue to recede in my thoughts and work is nearing caught up stage. Time to get serious about my eating problems. I eat and drink too much unhealthy and high caloric stuff. It is a constant battle for me. It is still very early in the morning here but I almost got in my car to go buy donuts just because I wanted them. I saved myself a few calories by indulging in toast with butter and jam instead. Today I am going to start tracking my calories again. That usually helps some.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #400  

Yesterdays calories-2740. Yikes. I know this because I wrote them down. I also noticed from this exercise if I had simply skipped the french fries and the peanut m&ms yesterday, I still could have eaten a bunch of food, including other goodies and not had such an outrageously high total. Note to self-always skip the French fries and candy. These are not things I really enjoy all that much. Today I aim to beat that number by at least 500 calories- a relatively gentle goal.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #401  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon ladies,

Trying to do better today (one day at a time). DH got some baked goods off the day old cart at the grocery store ~ sweets ~ my hardest thing. I didn't pig out exactly, but each day had a little of the stuff. I wish I was stronger.

I did ride my exercise bike today. Got a second hand one and I love it. I had been riding it a little bit each day, but was on it for 25 minutes today. I found a way to put my tablet on it and I watched an episode of Andy Griffith while I rode. Except for having to adjust my self on the seat a few times during (it hurt my hemorrhoids a little ~ sorry if that is TMI) being able to watch something while I rode made the time pass by fairly quickly.

I have eaten pretty good today. Glucerna shake for breakfast. Salad, apple with yogurt dip. Some graham crackers for a snack (I should probably try to do without those, but those are better than apple pie and cookies).

Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #402  

Hi Gayle-I did have a good day. I am doing much better with my food choices although still a bit on the high side. At least I quit gaining. I went to two Y classes today instead of the usual one. I am staying for Zumba now and then. It is not my first choice, but it is a good work out and keeps me from going home and sitting in front of the TV. Things are really getting caught up at work so I have a lot less stress there. My next goal is to start looking for a new job. This one is fraught with frustration. A big downer.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #403  
Want to feel better

Hello ladies,

I had a better day today. I think maybe my body likes the fall back time change better. I had not been sleeping as good ~ I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

I got a few little things done. Didn't get any exercise I did better with the food.

Tera ~ glad things are settling back down for you. Hope you can find a job you like better and that is one you can enjoy and be less stressed.

Darcy ~ glad you were able to enjoy that birthday cake. Awesome job of self control to just eat one slice. Hope you have been able to catch up on your rest and feel less tired.

Have a good week.

Take care
Old 11-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #404  

Still eating too much but I am shopping better and not buying so many goodies for my pantry. I keep tracking my calories although most days end with too high a number. Exercise is good. Today was 30 minutes on the treadmill at 4.2.

Gayle-Glad to hear the time change led to a better nights sleep. Gotta love a good nights sleep. I love this time of year. I am hoping to get outside and walk around in the leaves tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi. Although I don't post in this thread, I do stop in and read once in a while. I noticed that several have mentioned having trouble resisting sweets, and I wanted to offer a little tip that worked for me. At one point I decided to add more vegetables to my diet. Not just larger quantities, but I started trying some that I didn't usually eat. I didn't stop eating sweets, but after a while, maybe a month or so, I noticed that I was losing interest in sweets. DH is very big on baked goods...he is always buying them when we go shopping. But very seldom am I tempted to eat them. Occasionally I might have a bite or two of something he's eating, that's about it. I think because my body is getting more vitamins and phytochemicals, it is no longer craving sugar. I just mentioned this because I thought it might help some one else.

Don't get me wrong...the weight is not falling off the way I thought it would, but I think my body is getting much healthier.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote