3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/288224-2013-challenge-rest-story.html)

TERAPET 11-01-2013 08:09 AM

Sorry I missed yesterday. I did not even bother to calculate the total calories and I skipped the Y. I think I was using the holiday as an excuse to go hog wild. I even went out for Mexican! Okay-today should be a whole lot better-except for the leftover candy.

Gayle-I have read that incremental exercise is just as effective doing it all at once. Good work around for the pain when walking.

Marie-Congrats on bypassing the bagel yesterday. A whole bunch of calories averted there! As far as the candy goes, I did not eat any on Wednesday but I had a bunch on Thursday. I even went so far as to pull all the Snickers out of the mix so if I had leftovers it would be the good stuff. Ha, ha. Next year I should buy all Skittles.

glynne 11-01-2013 02:24 PM

Yesterday, I only got about 10 minutes of exercise done ~ then life got in the way :?:

Today ~ 38 minute bike ride

I have lost 6 pounds since beginning trying to be more consistent with the exercise and eating as a couple of my friends have given me guidance (diabetic wise) for.

It is a beautiful day here today. Sun shining ~ not too hot. I'll take another helping of that :D

Marie 11-01-2013 10:56 PM

Gayle :carrot: on losing 6 pounds. That is FABULOUS!!!! And you did that while dealing with the passing of your father. Way to Go!

Tera, yeah, I'm with you on the tracking. It's just like pulling teeth with me lately. Next year, just buy candy you don't like. I used to do that when we had trick or treaters. Now I live in rural and no one has every come to the house. Now I don't buy at all. But I have enough chocolate in the house that I could give them the Godiva is someone made the effort. I'm thinking that will never happen.

I rode my bike this morning and didn't log a thing. Tomorrow I will log. Good, bad or so-so -> I will log every bite. That's my goal for tomorrow. On the positive side, I'm logging daily - I think I'm up to three or four days. Woots.
Marie

glynne 11-02-2013 06:28 PM

30 minute bike ride ~ it was getting late afternoon, and I almost talked myself out of it ~ but then my sister called, and I figured I couldn't really do anything else anyway while I was talking to her, so I asked her if she minded if I rode my bike while we talked, so ~ got it done. :D

TERAPET 11-02-2013 11:39 PM

I have not been tracking calories lately. I am sure they are not so good. My exercise for the day was housecleaning and yardwork. Always plenty of that to do around here. We are trying to pull up all the English ivy. An endless task in my yard. It grows like like wild fire.

Gayle-Congrats on shedding the six pounds. Great job!

Marie-Good for you posting and tracking. Steps to success. I am trying to convince myself to give up candy and sweet treats for awhile but not ready to commit to that. In the meanwhile, perhaps if I could get myself to cut back. Maybe.

Marie 11-03-2013 12:11 AM

Gayle, Way To Go on the bike ride. I smiled when I saw your "almost talked myself out of it" because I did just that. I alkyd myself out of my elliptical workout.

Tera, I'm sure my calories aren't good either. I started the day logging but never got beyond breakfast. I wish I understood why I'm having such a hard time getting my act together.

But I was on my way to get ready for bed and realized I didn't post here today and came back. At least I'm holding true to something!
Marie

glynne 11-03-2013 12:17 AM

Confession ~ I had a couple pieces of halloween candy. Maddie needs to take that evil bucket home and leave it there :dizzy:

glynne 11-03-2013 04:34 PM

38 minute bike ride ~ it is a beautiful day out today ~ just the right temperature for enjoying being outside.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Marie 11-03-2013 07:33 PM

Evil bucket?!?!? :D I'd have to agree with that. Halloween candy looks innocent since it's small pieces but then bang, you've munched a handful and the calories are out of control. And Gayle, I'm speaking of myself, not you. You said you had just a couple...

I rode my bike and it made a liar out of me. I mentioned to Gayle that riding my bike and the elliptical didn't hurt my knee. I should NEVER have written that. My knee was mad. Then DH and took the pups on a 1.7 mile hilly hike. That did in what the biking didn't. Angry knees. On the bright side, I did exercise - twice.
Marie

TERAPET 11-03-2013 09:11 PM

I am racking my brain trying to come up with something positive to say. My usual Sunday, too many calories and I did not exercise. Had a great lunch with the family though. I tend to do some better during the week.

Gayle-Only a few candies-I admire your resistance!

Marie-Sorry to hear about the ouchy knees. Hopefully they will heal quickly and come back stronger.

glynne 11-04-2013 08:41 PM

It is not really good resistence ~ I can't eat that stuff like I used to. I still love it, but end up feeling yucky if I eat more than just a little. Maybe that is a good thing.

Did not get in any exercise today. Rainy, dreary, too much stress yesterday ~ and wasted most of the day hashing over yesterday's crap. Hoping to not let that happen again tomorrow. Hate that another person caused me to be upset and to waste a precious day of my life on crap.

Sorry for the vent.

TERAPET 11-04-2013 09:58 PM

cals-2030,ex-step class at the Y. Okay day, I hope to make it two in a row tomorrow.

Gayle-Try to let the bad feelings go. Maybe some nice peaceful music would help. I listen to Soundscapes from our cable provider in the evenings when my DH is travelling. It is so relaxing. DH prefers television shows and I prefer his company but I do enjoy my peaceful evenings with a good book.

Marie-Hope your day is going well. :)

Marie 11-04-2013 11:15 PM

Hi all. On my phone so this will be pretty typo filled I'm sure. Today I'm at 1565 cals and a decent enough elliptical workout. I didn't push my knee but definitely got my heart rate up. Tomorrow I'll walk the dogs with my knee brace, and try not to hyperextend it. I think that is 60% of the problem (walking and yoga) the other part is crossing my legs. I'm trying to stop doing it but it's weird sitting without crossing my legs.

Tera, don't worry about saying something positive. Often lately I'm so frustrated with myself, finding something to say is hard. Maybe we should let ourselves be more often about bad days.

Gayle, isn't it maddening when someone hurts your day and you can't let it go? It's so frustrating!

Marie

glynne 11-05-2013 02:30 PM

35 minute bike ride today. Yippee. It was kind of overcast with a 50% chance of rain. Thankfully I made it around my route and the rain held off.

Marie ~ you are doing well ~ checking every day. Hope your knee is feeling better.

Tera ~ way to go ~ getting back to the "Y"

Hope you both are having a good day.

TERAPET 11-05-2013 10:06 PM

cals-1995, ex-none. I had to miss my Y class due to a work problem. Tonight I made butternut squash soup so I am set for lunches for the next few days.

Gayle-Glad you did not get rained on. Kudos on getting your exercise minutes accomplished once again.