3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story

Old 06-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #316

S/C/G: 177/153/138

Height: 5'6"

cals-2650 (850), ex-body sculpt class at the Y. Went out to eat twice today! I really do know how to do this-go out to eat and keep it low cal. I just really like high calorie food.

TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #317

Anyone else want to lose two pounds by the 4th of July? I am going to try to post everyday, eat under 2000 calories everyday and exercise nearly everyday (maybe) for the next two weeks. JOIN ME!!!!!! Just two weeks for resetting my routine and practicing the mechanics of weight loss and in the end, viola-two pound weight loss!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #318

cals-2024, no exer. I had to skip a few things I wanted to eat today to just squeeze by at least near 2000 calories. I stayed at work too long to make my Y class. Day One down, 13 to go.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #319
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/108/108

Height: 5'1"

No exercise today for me either...calories were 1100. I get antsy when my caloric intake gets near 1200 b/c I won't lose weight.
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #320
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Tera and Lucinda. I cannot believe how long it has been since I posted. I will join your challenge Tera with a twist. I will post my calories and exercise. I'm still an on my dr. supervised plan but I didn't make much progress last month. The average calorie intake was about 1300 but there was progress and no gain so that is good. But it was still depressing. I know what you mean Lucinda about having to stay on the low end or gaining will happen. I see Tera's calories and know she's still doing well. I'm green with envy because I love food. Hiking with the dogs is still my exercise.
Marie
Old 06-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #321
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Hello Marie, Tera and Lucinda,

Still hanging in there ~ trying to find my way with this altered summer schedule. Don't have much of a chance to get on here with Maddie here. I caught a break today though. I was sick yesterday. I felt a little better today, but still not so great. DH took Maddie to a movie, the library, some of the parks and ran errands. I don't know how he does it ~ having to play with her all day exhausts me. They were gone all day, so I was able to rest up some. I lost a couple pounds being sick ~ not a fun way to do it, but I'll take it anyway.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #322
kosherveganchick

I actually added an extra protein shake of 130 calories to my last night's meal. I have been going to Zumba class Sunday, Monday ,Wednesday and I will go again this morning.
I felt thirsty at 6 pm, and a twinge hungry even though I had already eaten my dinner, hence the extra protein shake. I decided not to get on the scale today because I need to accept that my weight can fluctuate 2 pounds up or down and that does not mean I have lost my ability to stay true to my NEED to control what I eat.
Today's plan... breakfast protien shake 130 calories
lunch salad of raw greens, broccolli, tomatoes, peppers, 1/4 of avocado, teaspoon of tahini and a squirt of hot sauce 300 calories (estimated).

Dinner will be at a Sisterhood Function. I am bringing my mom with me. G-d grant me strength!

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark : 06-19-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #323

ex yest-2380, ex-none. Yesterday was a tough day-my little dog died. She was almost seventeen years old so it was time but it was still very sad. Obviously blew the calories thing but whatever. So back at it today. I expect to report my totals late.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #324
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

So sorry for the loss of your little fur baby Tera

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #325

cals-1925, ex-body sculpt Y class. Back on track with my cals-even with some pie from my neighbor-"medicine" for a broken heart. It was delicious and nice to get out of the house and chat. I really miss my old sweet girl but I know it will get better. She was a good dog. Day 3 out of 14 down-avg cals 2109 so far. The weekend will be a tough test. Tomorrow I am meeting friends after work for margaritas and then Saturday I am going to a wedding. Perhaps this will be harder than I thought.

Gayle-Thank you for the kind sentiments. Glad you are able to rest and mend while DH does Maddie duty. It seems to me when you are up and running again, it might make sense to consider Maddie-Care your exercise for the day.

Marie-Good for you for sticking to doctors orders. It will all add up in time. I always give myself credit at least for the extra pounds I am not putting on by being conscientious about what I am eating.

Lucinda-Hope the dinner goes well and you enjoy a wonderful evening with your mom.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #326
kosherveganchick

We had a great evening. THere was a beautiful salad and I had two helpings. I also exercised at zumba today and sweated like an athlete! I snuck a peak at the scale today and lost a pound and a half. I will not be changing what I have on the profile b/c I don't want to jinx myself. If my weight is still what it is now on Sunday, I will change the number on my profile.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #327
kosherveganchick

Tera Pet.. I am sorry I did not read your past post more carefully. OMG Your sweet dog is gone! I know how sad you are! Cry it out. Feel the full weight of your emotions..but don't swallow the hurt away. Let it rise to the surface.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #328
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, I'm so so so sorry about your loss. No matter that she was 17 and was elderly, it makes no difference. We love our fur babies. They are part of our soul. When my first beloved pup passed, a 3FC posted a link to the Rainbow Bridge. Since the first loss, I read it every time I loss one of my babies. I hope the link helps.

My cals yesterday were 1338 and I did the doggie hike and after work I felt good and did 30 yoga. Since the ski accident I'd stopped and I started at zero again. But I did it. This morning after the doggie hike, I moved my sorry butt onto the elliptical. Yes, I have the day off.

Gayle, if I tried to keep up with my hubby, I'd be passed out by 10 in the morning. Even my kids call him the Energizer Bunny. Sometimes it's hard not to compare ourselves with those types of people, but it's not fair to ourselves. So take the rest time to recover and let your DH chase Maddie till he's tired.

Lucinda, how did the dinner go with your mom. You'd asked for strength. Did you get it?
Marie
Old 06-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #329

cals-2080,ex-none. I m not sure if those calories are right but I hope so. I tried to be good tonight. It was nice to get out of the house. I miss my dog so much. DH and I have been married nearly 35 years. We adopted our first dogs 9 months after we got hitched and we have only been without a dog for about one month, nearly 17 years ago. Sigh. It is going to take some time to get past the sadness.

Lucinda-I appreciate your kind thoughts.

Marie-Thx for the link. I too like to imagine all my dogs together in a happy place.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #330
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, I can't imagine not having a dog. I don't believe they are man's best friend. The are WOMAN'S best friend. That would be so odd to have a quiet house. I think I'd hate it.

My cals were 1356 yesterday with the hike and elliptical that I mentioned yesterday. I hiked this morning and then did tons of chores. My house and pool look great though. I'm going to swim later but I only play in the water. I don't like to make swimming exercise often because then I might dislike it like I did about 7 years ago. My pool costs annually a ton and the installation was ridiculous (takes a lot to dig a mammoth hole in you back yard) so I can't not want to swim. But I'm trying to get motivated to do yoga again today. I'm just sleepy. Have I mentioned I despise this medicine I'm on? It's horrible. At least another 10 days on it until I go back to the doctor. Then I'm going to say the side effects aren't worth fixing the pain. But because its a brain medicine (being used for nerve damage), you can't just stop. Because I'm pretty sure I'd flush the darn things down the toilet if I didn't know it would be dangerous. Wow I got off the point. So I'm needing to yoga and would rather sleep...
Marie
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.