3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story

Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Thursday!!! I was successful at curbing my cals yesterday and eating healthy foods. Win - Win. I ended up the day at 1159 cals and normally wouldn't go that low but when I realized where I was at calorie wise, it was sort of late and I'd have chosen junk food so I figured it was better to abstain. I've logged my breakfast, what I brought for lunch and my evening treat. So again I know what I have to work with. That worked out great yesterday. And I practiced yoga again this morning. Without a doubt, I'm not as limber in the mornings as when I practice later in the day. Hahahaha. Elderly joints.
Marie
Old 10-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #17

S/C/G: 177/149/138

Height: 5'6"

todays cals-2350, ex-body sculpt class at the Y. I am happy with myself for making it to all four classes this week. Obviously still overeating. Todays overload was due primarily to a homemade dessert after dinner. At least it was super yummy but I will never be healthy and slim until I get a handle on the sugar and processed food indulgences. Congrats on crushing the tortilla chips. I bought some chips yesterday and had some with dinner. I should crush the bag like you but I still want them.

Last edited by TERAPET : 10-10-2013 at 10:05 PM.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #18
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, there are more chips in the cabinet but they're for DH. I made a vow to go cold turkey. I'm might screw up on other foods but no more tortilla chips. Basically I love the salt. I might as well just get a salt lick. EEKS!!!!

Great job getting to the Y all four days!

I finished yesterday at 1252 cals. Now the weekend. I will log but I bet I do lousy. Guests and fun. And back to the scone creations. Today should end at 1505 unless I do something like munch my way through the kitchen.

OK, Saturday morning update - I did have 85 more cals so yesterday was 1590.
Marie

Last edited by Marie : 10-12-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Extra cals consumed
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
Lifelong Journey Member

Just an update. 2277 cals on Saturday and 1823 yesterday. Today isn't on track to be pretty. I wish I'd get over my baking obsession. It's been way too fun. Although all the extra scones found rides to their new homes. AKA I pawned them off on family.
Marie
Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #20

cals-1470, exerc-step class. I was really slacking this weekend. I did not track my calories since I knew they were terrible. I also went shopping on Friday and had to buy clothes in a larger size. Not suprising considering the way I have been eating for the last month. Today was a better though. I guess I will try for two good days in a row.

Marie-I understand about the baking problem. It is not nearly as difficult for me to say no to store made goodies as it to the home made stuff. It is just too good to pass up. Well, the only thing to do is concentrate on the fun of being slim and healthy and it will help to say no to the high calories. Good for you for sharing your scones with loved ones. Win, win.

Last edited by TERAPET : 10-14-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #21
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, at the buying larger size. I did that too. But worse!!!! Today I brought my ring in to be resized. It wasn't comfortable and I was tired of not wearing it. But your cals at 1470 are great, especially with the step class. But I haven't done a great job tracking because they're also terrible. You and I are so in a slump. I'm going to keep trying even though Yoda says I need to do.

I have logged my cals so far today. Monday was 1981 cals and yesterday was 1638. Sadly, the cals were logged after the fact and I'm blonde so I don't guarantee I remembered everything that zoomed into my mouth.
Marie

Last edited by Marie : 10-16-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #22

cals-2290, ex-step class at the Y. I am kind of in a holding pattern. I am glad I stopped gaining but I am still having trouble with the calories. I am working on it. I am eating out less, drinking less wine but the sugary treats are still a problem and they are so high in calories! I will get on top of things here eventually.

Marie-I can understand resizing your ring-that is important. Hang in there with the calorie counting. At least the scones are gone, that should help.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Tera, wow, how is it I've not been here since last Wednesday. Clearly I ate away the time. OK, not quite but I am pulling back the reins on my consumption as of this morning. I think my craving to simple carbs is being fed by having too many of them and I'm stuck in a cycle. So I decided to break it. I've had good choices and protein today. I'm trying. And now I have a slight headache. I'm thinking it's the withdrawal from sugar calories.

Woots that you stopped the weight gain. Mine fluctuates on a dime so I can stop it and it comes right back. So I'm trying the higher protein and healthy choices instead of just counting calories. I'd never do the low carb stuff but I can work at making better choices.

Sunday's cals: 2025
Saturday's cals: 1610
Friday's cals: 2082
Thursday's cals: 1599
Wednesday's cals: don't know since I forgot to record dinner and I can't remember what I had that day to finish the log. Oh well....
Marie
Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #24

cals-1965, ex-long walk with my neighbor. This weekend was very bad and yes, the scale was higher! Ugh! Well, I know how to fix this. Today was a bit better-under 2000 cals. It's a start.

I was happy to see you posted today Marie. Sounds like you have some serious resolve on your side. Definitely watching the sugar consumption is going to make a big difference. You go Girl!

Old 10-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #25
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Tera, I pretty sure we both know how to fix our woes. I think you and I should make a pact. Any ideas of what a common goal could be? Something that we could actually do without giving in to our food frenzy?

I ended the day at 1350 cals about yesterday. Resolve is always good on the first day. Today not as much. But I'm staying away from chocolate, cookies, any baked good. I rode my bike and then yoga'ed this morning. But the munchie monster is getting me and it is after NOON. The monster usually only chases me in the morning.
Marie
Old 10-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #26

yest cals-2395, ex-body sculpt at the Y. Gave into some high calorie treats at dinner, again.

We could brain storm about a common goal. What kind of goal do you have in mind: giving up certain food entirely, a number on the scale, minutes of exercise, calorie limits?
For me, I do not actually look at exercise as a way to control my weight. I look it as a way to maintain strength and flexibility. However, it definitely has a positive impact on weight control which I figure is just extra.
My weight loss success in the past has been more closely tied to the way I was eating. At one time I was very successful with a high protein/low carb type of diet but I was often hungry and anymore, I really do not care for meat. More recently I have lost weight and been very happy on a diet that is low in gluten products with very few processed foods. I was eating mostly fruits and vegetables with greek yogurt, eggs, nuts and seeds.
My biggest problem is I really love a lot of processed food that is high in calories and not good for me and I have been very undisciplined about it. For example, yesterday my DH made dinner and I could have had just steak and vegetables but he also made garlic bread and then I had some wine and to top it off, I had s'mores for dessert because we had the stuff left over from a party a few weeks ago. See what I mean?
I am always working on it though. I have made some positive steps as I keep relating. I am here, I am tracking my calories, I rarely eat out, I am back to my Y schedule and I am buying less junk food.

Let me know what you are thinking about.

Last edited by TERAPET : 10-23-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #27
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Hello all,

Back home after a couple weeks up in Ohio after Dad's passing ~ to help take care of mom. She is not able to take care of herself or be left alone because of Alzheimers. We made arrangements for her to go to a nursing home. She should, if everything goes as it should, be admitted there by the end of the week. (I had made a more detailed post on the October Golden Girl's thread if you should want to read it.)

Now, I have to try to get myself well. My pre-diabetes has gone into full blown diabetes. So, I have got to quit fooling around and get down to serious business of eating right and exercising, and get my blood sugars under control.

So, today was day one ~ I walked 40 minutes. Actually the walking part will probably end up being easier (though in the past, has been the harder part for me) than the eating.

I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts on this thread. Hope you all are doing well.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #28

cals-1870, exc-body sculpt at the Y. Doing okay. My clothes are not as tight.

Gayle-So sorry to hear about your diabetes situation. You have had a lot to deal with lately. I did read your other post. I hope things go well in her new living situation.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
Want to feel better

40 minute bike ride today

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 10-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #30
Want to feel better

10 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes bike ride

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.