Old 03-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #241  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening all,

Well, I've done a little better with the food and exercise the last couple days. Hoping that I am back on the wagon and on a roll. I have almost gotten rid of the few pounds I gained back when my eating was sort of out of control.

The exercise yesterday was walking (don't laugh) in my living room back and forth ~ broken up in two 15 minute chunks. Today, a bike ride ~ around 30 minutes (I stopped to put a rubber band around my pant leg ~ forgot before I started, but remembered quickly enough when my pants got caught in the chain). The weather was nice ~ it was a tiny bit chilly, but it is way more comfortable that way than when it gets blistering hot and humid. Maybe tomorrow, I can start a little earlier so it is not almost dark when I get home like it was tonight.

I have doctors appointments toward the end of May, and am hoping to be under 200 by then ~ so that they can see that (even though I mess up from time to time) I am making slow progress toward improving my health. There, I said it ~ maybe that will kind of hold me accountable to you all ~ and I won't just blow things off.

Tera~ sorry your job is so stressful and making you feel unhappy. I hope you can find something that is a better fit for you ~ the sooner the better.

Lucinda ~ glad you had such a glorious moment at the restaurant ~ the lovely salad and the ladies noticing your weight loss. That is a good feeling.

Marie ~ sorry your other trip made you sick. Hope your asthma is letting up so you can feel better and enjoy your upcoming Tahoe trip.

Darcy ~ hope all is well with you.

Take care all

Last edited by glynne; 03-26-2014 at 09:38 PM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

cals-1905(440), exerc-step class at the Y. I did okay today. Work was better also. I think my boss felt bad about freakin' me out yesterday and was much less crazy today. Phew. I am enjoying my lunch salads this week. Today was romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, garbanzo beans, kalamata olives, feta cheese and oil and vinegar.

Gayle-You should go for that 7 pound loss. Spring is a great time to work on healthy eating. The weather is changing and so can we!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:18 PM   #243  

cal-2025 (240), exerc-body sculpt at the y with 30 mins walking on the treadmill. It was a beautiful sunny spring day here. Whenever I think of snacking these days, I quickly remind myself of those summer clothes I want to wear. I have a long ways to go to fit into those things.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:20 PM   #244  

cals-2080 (390), ex-step class at the Y.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #245  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

A beautiful day today. We rode our bikes to a couple parks with Maddie. It took about 1/2 an hour to get back, so the riding part of the trip was probably somewhere around 1 hour. Eating was good today ~ I'm almost there (the end of the day) afternoons/evenings are sometimes the hardest part eating wise. I am slowing down and not feeling like working on some project and the munchies hit ~ I struggle not to give in to that.

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #246  

cals-1735 (240), ex-body sculpt class at the Y. I am working on all my bad habits-I think the calorie totals are definitely improving. However, no great weight loss-a little though. I am getting close to actually weighing 149! I have hit it once or twice lately but not consistently yet. These things take time!

Gayle-Your bike ride sounds lovely-hopefully incident free I hear you on struggling with the munchies. It is hard work but well worth the effort. Hang in there.

Last edited by TERAPET; 04-01-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #247  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Tera, you're doing great on your calories and exercise!!! Way to go. Are you also looking for a new job?

Gayle, sounds like a fun bike ride with your graddaughter. And excellent job getting back in control. Aiming for the "one-derland" for your dr. appts is a great idea.

I spent the weekend in Tahoe skiing. I came to a conclusion that before next ski season, I HAVE to get rid of some of the gained weight. Skiing shouldn't be as hard as it was. So I'm getting motivated. I'm still walking my dogs in the mornings and I did yoga again this evening. My muscles were tight from the Weekend's skiing adventures so it actually felt good. I'm ready to be on a roll. And I've tracked my calories today. So April Fool's Day is the rebirth of my healthier lifestyle. At least I'm going to work at it until I get it right.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #248  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, I finished yesterday at 1725 calories. Considering I wasn't trying to be good until late in the day, that is not bad. Today I'm logging and am at 892 so far. I think if I set a reasonable calorie range, maybe I could lose some weight but if nothing else, stop gaining. So I'm going for my old range that I lost weight with (before hysterectomy) of 1700 cals. And I'm still on my "getting my veges kick" and that means my choices are being relatively healthy. I used my phone to track my doggie hike that I've been doing lately and it is 1.20 miles so I'd say that's not horrible. I'm also going to work on getting more exercise at night. Last night was yoga and today I'm going to attempt my bike or elliptical. I haven't done either since Mexico obliterated my bronchial tubes. Since the asthma is better, I'm going to give it a try.
Marie
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #249  

cals-2160 (290), exerc-long walk with my friend. It was such a gorgeous day here, I just did not have the heart for exercising indoors-poor Y instructor! Half the place is already empty due to spring break for the schools and now add those of us playing hooky due to the nice weather-I bet that was a small group today. Hubby and I went out for Mexican for dinner. Strange thing though-I didn't really enjoy it. I do so much cooking at home now, eating out just doesn't cut it for freshness and flavor-at least not the inexpensive places I frequent. Well, that should make things a lot easier going forward.

Marie-Welcome back, we missed you. This last get away seemed to have gone smoother than the last few (although I am sure all three were loads of fun). No injuries and no sickness upon return. WooHoo! Going by your calorie totals and exercise reports-it appears you are on your way back to your svelte self. Keep on keepin on!

Does anyone want to consider adding a veggie report to our entries as a motivation to eat healthier food? For example, my veggies today included: spring mix greens, cucumber, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, peppers and onion.

Last edited by TERAPET; 04-02-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #250  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

just got back from ZUMBA! Love it b/c I get to dance. There are exercises I can not do,( jumping jacks) but everything else im class is so much fun. I am the oldest in class but I wear bright colors and smile.
I have lost over 30 pounds since jan/1/14. In two more pounds I'll reach goal!
broccoflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, leafy greens, snap peas, tomatoes, avocado... I am a vegan!

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 04-02-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added veggies!
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #251  

cals-2015 (540), ex-body sculpt class at the Y. Veggie report-lettuce, carrot, tomatoes, peppers, celery, onion, mushrooms and broccoli. Half the veggies were at lunch with my sandwich and the rest in suppers' stir fry.

Lucinda-Excellent job losing 30 pounds! You are a rock star. I used to attend Zumba classes in the past. I agree they are a lot of fun.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #252  
Lifelong Journey Member

Lucinda, I'm so happy for you 30 30 pounds in 3 months. You are rockin' chickie, especially in the ZUMBA class. I have a PS3 with the move controllers and I play the zumba game occasionally. That's fun but I bet it's better in a class. You show those youngsters how to dance, ok?

Tera, I am with you. I like my homemade foods way better. Eating out with my allergies is such a pain in the derriere that I've gotten to be pretty gourmet. My cooking is better than most out. I'm all for the vege report.

Veges today were a biggie salad (it's at least 4-5 vege servings and a banana. I also introduced myself to my elliptical. Even with past surgeries and all, I haven't been apart from it this long. The Mexico trip screwed me up. But it was raining in the desert this morning so my pups didn't go for a walk (until after DH got up and he walked them between showers). I did a 20 minute elliptical workout. Maybe moderate, certainly not vigorous. The asthma stayed under control and I definitely am seeing progress. All week I've been at 1700 calories and exercising. Perhaps I can really get back in control.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 04-04-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #253  

yest cals-2235,950. no exercise. Veggies: leeks, potatoes, mushrooms, lettuce, salsa. Yesterday was FAC at my neighbors. Had a great time chatting, drinking wine and eating chips but felt rather unhappy with myself afterwards. I really need to make some changes if I am actually going to lose weight. Anyway, I am reading "French Women Do Not Get Fat" for inspiration. I have read this before but it makes more sense to me this time. Before I always thought the authors suggestions were just too difficult for me to incorporate in my lifestyle. I realize now I want exactly what she describes. Health, fitness, control and enjoyment of great food. Still, I don't know how she accomplishes the small portions and self control. For example, she allowed herself two pieces of chocolate during the work week. That is all. I eat 6 a day! That will be my next challenge. Plus I am going to try and force myself to post on the weekend. I like to ignore those calories like they don't exist but my body tells me otherwise!

Marie-Excellent veggie results! Glad you were able to use your elliptical. I also strongly abhor exercise absences. So I say anyway. I guess what I really dislike is getting out of the routine because I find it hard to get back.

Last edited by TERAPET; 04-05-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #254  

cals yest-2760 (650),exerc-none, well kinda-yardwork with lots of breaks. Veggies:leeks, potato, mushrooms, tomato sauce, onion, lettuce.

Last edited by TERAPET; 04-06-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #255  

cals-1630, exerc-none, well kinda, walked around the mall. Veggies: asparagus, mashed potatoes.