3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story

Old 01-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #166

S/C/G: 177/149/138

Height: 5'6"

yest cals-2465, ex-body sculpt class, 25 mins on the treadmill. Bad calories-great exercise. I am trying to reframe my mindset these days with exercise. I am thinking if I could make some progress with my fitness levels, I would naturally want to make better food choices.

Marie-Yea for posting! Yea for a good calorie day! Yea for the dog walk! Hang in there with work.

TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #167

yest cals-2965, ex-30 mins walk/jog on treadmill. Sorry to have to admit that horrible calorie total but I am trying to be honest with myself. Today I am doing a bit better but since I am on my way to a party at the neighbors, and I have another party tomorrow--well probably will not be a whole lot better. Hopefully I will not gain anymore. I seem to be holding at around 150 now. I am happy with myself for tracking and posting.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #168
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Hello Marie and Tera,

Well, I missed biking Wednesday and Thursday. Thought I would get back to it on Friday, but we unexpectedly ended up with Maddie again. School was canceled due to sleet and freezing rain. So, I didn't get in a bike ride yesterday. The whole day went by today and I thought I had lost another day, but my sister called for a visit this evening and I thought instead of just sitting in the chair while talking to her, I would walk. So, I took my walker out into the driveway and circled around for 1/2 hour. I probably look silly with the walker, but I feel more secure having something to hold on to while I walk. Sometimes I kind of stumble, and I have a fear of falling. I probably looked silly too circling around my driveway ~ but I don't care ~ I got it done.

Eating has been pretty good, but not perfect. I did have sort of a NSV ~ kind of stressed and upset a few times and had my hands on the bag of cookies Maddie and I had baked the other day, but put it back down and didn't have any.

Hope you both are having a good weekend.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #169

yest cals-2290, ex-none. I was very good at the party. I only had a few nibbles. I skipped the Chinese take out and the cake and the wine. I would not do that if I was not doing so bad lately. I really need to apply the brakes. However, when I got home I had some snacks here which probably were not quite as detrimental but still unnecessary. Still working on it. Another party today for DS birthday.

Gayle-I am incredibly impressed with your victory over the cookie bag. Way to go!

Hi Marie!

Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #170
Want to feel better

Confession Tera ~ I wasn't so strong this morning and got into those cookies. Good thing is I guess, that I no longer seem to be able to tolerate much junky food ~ my stomach protests after just a little, so a slip that would have turned into a binge of days and weeks once upon a time, thankfully these days doesn't last too long. Think I am back on track now.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 01-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #171
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Gayle and Tera, hope all is going well for you.

Yesterday food wise wasn't very good. I actually was giving myself a Starbuck's yummy. I was debating in the drive up line whether to have a Venti Java Chip Light (the big one with no whip and non-fat milke) or a Grande Java Chip Regular (medium with the yummies). I order the medium and decide I'd savor it. Well they handed me the Venti and I didn't notice until I'd driven away. Then I drank the whole thing. Bad me but yummy drink. Luckily it was the treat after DH and I biked 16.5 miles in sunny 81 degree temps. But today back at home and it's not as warm. At least when I make my mochas they are well over half the calories. And chicken is on the menu for dinner tonight. I'm some impressed with Tera's logging even when the totals are high, I am going to follow her lead. Actually I like Tera's fitness lead too that I will want to bring the cals down if I'm pushing for better fitness. Now if the flipping collar bone would heal, that would be easier. BTW, Kai was spinning circles as we were playing and jerked my arm behind me and I heard a little crack. So where the collar bone was broken and healing is back to broken so it seems. Bummer but the other ski injuries are recovered so I'm only dealing with the one.

Gayle, I'm pleased with your NSV with the cookies too. Regardless of your subsequent confession, you put the cookies down once. That is GOOD!!! I love when I actually do that too. It's empowering!

So both of your posts motivated me to log my cals so far today. I'm at 528 cals so far. Breakfast wouldn't have been bad calorie wise if I'd taken Gayle's lead and put that one choc chip cookie down instead of eating it.
Marie
Old 01-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #172
Want to feel better

Hello Marie and Tera,

I got my walk in ~ 30 minutes (in the driveway with my walker). I probably look silly, but I don't care ~ at least I am up and moving and not just sitting in the chair always. It was sunny and about 70* ~ beautiful.

Eating was not so good ~ oh well ~ tomorrow is another day. I did put the cookies in a cupboard ~ so hopefully ~ out of site ~ out of mind.

Marie ~ sorry for the re-injury. Hope it heals quickly.

Tera ~ way to go at the party.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #173

yest cals-2655, ex-step class at the y. And that was with skipping lunch! Today is better though so far. One day at a time.

Marie-How awful about your poor collarbone. Geesh. Well, bodies are amazing. It will just need a little tlc and some time and you will be good as new. Meanwhile, great bike ride! You earned that coffee reward.

Gayle-Good for you for getting outside and walking. Watch out for those cookies though -those things are very bad for the waistline! Some showed up in our breakroom today. I managed to get by with only 1 and 1/2 which is not perfect but better than usual for me.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #174

cals-2265-maybe, ex-walk in the SNOW! I am trying not to use the snow holiday as an excuse to eat and drink-but it is hard. I had the worst time getting home, otherwise, the snow is lovely.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #175
Want to feel better

Got my 30 minute walk in. 37* outside, but sunny and not icy and slippery today. Just dressed warm enough and I was ok.

Better with my food so far today. Had a headache yesterday, all through the night and woke up with it. Finally it went away thankfully. I suspect that it is the sugar withdrawal headache. I had a couple days of out of control eating. Why do I do that to myself. I had reached the lowest weight I had been in a while ~ seems like every time I make a little progress, I sabotage myself. Again ~ why do I do that to myself? I gave in to stress again. Grrrrr at self.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #176

cals-2125, ex-none. I am so bored sitting here at home. I made myself a to- do list but promptly ignored it and watched television news about the awful storm mess here and later finished my book on Yellowstone Park called Empire of Shadows. I so wanted to bake something today and enjoy a snowbound treat while contemplating the lovely, fleeting whiteness outside my window. I settled on popcorn instead. My total calories are trending downward even though they are still too high. I must keep working on it.

Gayle-I do not think you should chastise yourself for a sugar overload. Good for you for enduring the headache and recognizing your mistake. Look forward Girl-you got this.

Hi Marie! Hope all is well.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #177

Okay, it is getting a bit too quiet here. Hello? Is anybody out there?

I have not done well the past few days. Waylaid by the storm and then the Superbowl party. I ended up pulling out my box of big clothes in the back of the extra closet. Waah. Good news-they were not as awful as I remembered them. But anyway, I took my leftover cookies and brownies to work today. It seems like only yesterday I was chastising this kind of diet busting practice here. Ha-ha. My neighbor was laughing at me the other day since I went back to eating wheat. Well, It was a very helpful strategy for losing and maintaining a lower weight but alas I am back to eating it. I am really going to try and be good but it has been very difficult lately. I love yummy food. I am going to try switching up my menus. Hopefully it will help get me back on course.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #178
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Tera and Gayle. Life is just always so busy. Tera, good thing you got the junk out of your house. That is wise and your cals are moving down. Gayle, I love that you're out in the chilly weather walking. You're doing great.

I went skiing on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was a bust because my DD had an injury and we had to get her care and left. Her ankle isn't broken (good thing since we're going to Cancun in 3 weeks) but she's on crutches and hobbling around. DH and I returned to Tahoe on Sunday and had a pretty good day skiing. The conditions are still sort of yucky but not nearly as dangerous as when I had my accident. And no one got injured yesterday. We drove home today and I'm sitting under my heated throw blanket waiting for the house to warm up. Since its better, I'm going to quilt. I was going to work from home but why ruin a perfectly nice day.
Marie
Old 02-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #179

cals-1920, ex-body sculpt class. Okay, that is more like it. Just need to string a few more of these days together.

Marie- You are busy, busy. I m glad your DD's ankle was not broken. I hope it heals quickly. So you have Cancun coming up on the horizon. Awesome. I should plan a trip somewhere. We are talking maybe NOLA but right now it is just in the talking phase.

Hi Gayle!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #180
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, it's nice to have these good days, isn't it. Mine was low in cals and 35 minutes on the treadmill. We should definitely string a bunch together.

With the low cals, I chose fruits and veges more than chocolate. Yay on that one as chocolate and sweets have been taking over my life.

Hi Gayle.

Yes, DH, DD, Dear Sister and I are going to the beach. I'm looking forward to it even though winter has been mild for us (aka drought and pathetic ski conditions).

Marie
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.