3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Where do you buy your plus size clothing?

Old 06-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #46

S/C/G: 197/163/135

Height: 5'3"

Thrift stores work for me. I like older styles and I'm amazed at the clean, name brand clothes I can find. It does take time to sort through things, but the bargains are amazing!
Woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #47
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I just have to add something here . . .

I've noticed that in Target and Macy's (here in VA) the "Women's" department consists of one or two racks with a bunch of scrunched up rejects on the hangers! Seriously, I see a lot of plus-sized women around AND in those stores but the last time I went into the Macy's "women" section, I burst out laughing; it was PATHETIC. I guess they don't want my business.

I like LB for some things (don't like the "burnout" see-through fashions), J Jill, Coldwater Creek, Women with Control (QVC), Marla Wynne (HSN), Talbots. I'll pay more for well-made clothes that will last! A lot of places have cute clothes but they fall apart so quickly. Not worth it. I had tried Catherines but the clothes seem expensive for what you get and most everything was too short for me (I'm a giraffe).

Just my two cents!

MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #48

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 8"

Default plus size clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWicky View Post

I pretty much love Dress Barn. What a name for a store, lol! But it's so nice to walk in somewhere and see a large area devoted to plus size clothing. The associates there have always been super helpful. My favorite purchases from there have been pants. I have also been wearing some of their store brand shapewear since I have been losing weight, and I'm really pleased with it, especially for budget shapewear!

I have to try stuff on. I have never successfully ordered any clothing for myself online, lol.
I like dress barn also. Another thing to keep in mind while reading these post are people's age. For instance I'm in my 50's and would never wear anything from Torrid.

I find Macy's had gotten better since a year ago. I like kohls also but like someone said it's really about what's next to you. I don't really like to order clothes online. I guess becasue I'm near so many stores.

Here is something interesting. I got a new supervisor recently and she is a plus size. I must say she always looks very nice and crisp.
That's what you notice with good fabric. It doesn't pill or lose it's shape. I was trying to figure out where she was shopping so I asked her a question just in general about plus size stores and she said she like. Coldwater creek ( think that's the name) well someone posted here recently that they are going out of business.

I've been getting a catalog in the mail for a few months from a company call M.I.B. They have very nice clothes are it's pretty pricey. Not as expensive as Saks's Salon Z but it would be nice to get one good item from them. They also use REAL PLUS SIZE MODELS I'm talking some of the models are at least a size 24.

Also there are alot of plus size bloggers that model what they are wearing and they post where they get their clothes from.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #49
I need to do this for me!

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKoo View Post
I just have to add something here . . .

I've noticed that in Target and Macy's (here in VA) the "Women's" department consists of one or two racks with a bunch of scrunched up rejects on the hangers! Seriously, I see a lot of plus-sized women around AND in those stores but the last time I went into the Macy's "women" section, I burst out laughing; it was PATHETIC. I guess they don't want my business.

Just my two cents!
We have a Cato and Stage but they are SMALL stores and I don't even bother going in there because I always get the feeling that they send "us" the clothes that don't sell any place else. So sad.
"Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. (Romans 14:20a-NAB)
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #50
I need to do this for me!

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

I just read online that Coldwater Creek is going out of business!
"Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. (Romans 14:20a-NAB)
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #51
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 180/ 125

Height: 5 ft 3.5 inches

Thrift stores for me. Especially Goodwill. You wouldn't believe the beautiful high end clothes you can get for a fraction of the cost
jmh6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #52

Height: 5.10 inch

Oldnavy, DressBarn, Lane Bryant, Avenue are best online stores for plus size clothes. I used to buy from Avenue & Lane Bryant because they have wonderful quality products for healthy women’s. Even their online coupons are the best way to get their marvelous clothing items at affordable prices. You can visit couponpark.com to find avenue & lane bryant latest coupons.
emilyroxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #53

S/C/G: 340/334/200

Height: 5'9"

Default plus size Hawaiian clothes

I just joined and this is my first post. Hopefully I can add something substantive to the conversation: If you like Aloha shirts and other Hawaiian type clothing, this place has plus sizes: rats, link won't go through. Just google "wave shoppe" and you'll find it.
I've bought several aloha shirts from them and they're great.
Kaneloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #54

S/C/G: 340/334/200

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
I just read online that Coldwater Creek is going out of business!
If you go to Coldwater Creek's website, it says it's been bought and will soon reopen.
Kaneloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:54 AM   #55
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 180/ 125

Height: 5 ft 3.5 inches

I also buy my clothes at thrift stores. They seem to have more of a selection of clothes that I like
jmh6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #56

Height: 5' 2"

I finally found good looking dark jeans that FIT!!!! Catherines had some that were even petite so that at 5'2" I didn't have to hem them. Also the waist that is often 4 inches too large, but the two pair I bought, one doesn't have to wear a belt!! The other is a bit looser, but the dryer may take care of that.

I'll try the dressier slacks next time I need them.

I'm small busted so the tops at Cahterines don't quite work for me. Dress Barn works very well. Also have found fantastic jacket at Macy's and some tops that fit in colors I love.

I loved Coldwater Creek clothes, colors are out of this world, but so is cost. I miss just going inside to look.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.