Height: 5' 7"

Mary - very way cool.... thank you!

Sassy - good thoughts, good thoughts!

Time for bed! Later, lovelies!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #107  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey...How exciting, we're all so happy for you. I'm thinking how much lighter on your feet you'll be, your clothes will fit so much better plus you'll instantly drop a couple of pounds. I ditto what Donna asked.

A couple of days ago I took my Singer sewing machine in to have it cleaned and oiled. I purchased it in the 70's and it's been the best machine, never had problems with it. I thought it was time for a good cleaning since I plan on making more quilts.
Cleaning was $119.00 I said no thanks, that's too much money. I took my machine and started to leave, then thought about looking at new ones. I should have kept walking out the door. They were running a county fair special, would give me $200.00 for my Singer. After watching a demo on the new Janome sewing machine I was hooked. The one I purchased will sew through many layers of blue jeans. Blue jean quilts are what I prefer making. The only thing I don't like about it is all the plastic parts.

I signed up for a quilting class too, it's called 'Quilt as You Go'. It's a new class and apparently you make one block, trim it and sew unto another block. You don't need to go back and put the backing on it, it's finished as you go. I'll let you quilter know how it works after class is over.

I need to get a box of vintage meat grinders mailed out today, I sold them on ebay for our church youth group. We had a rummage sale and those didn't sell locally.

Ta Ta
Old 08-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #108  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a good day. Dh had another post-op appt this am. I didn't think it was necessary to go with dh this morning. He had one slip up happen...he ran out of antibiotics, called the doctor for a new prescription, apparently the pharmacy forgot to call and let us know they were there...we didn't hear from the doctor's office either until after 24 hours when they called to make sure we got them...we had assumed he didn't need anymore since no one called us! But they said he will be taking them another month or so anyway so hopefully no harm done.

I've been using my hypnosis tapes again the last couple days. Don't feel like they are working but hopefully they are. Like most things it is just making myself do it consistently that's always hard for me ..and that goes with about everything.

Need to pick up a few groceries today as we will be babysitting Sat-Mon/Tues, and I like to have things in the house that the kids like.

Bobbi - I hope you enjoy your new machine. It's always hard to know when you trade in something you've enjoyed for something new that you are not entirely sure of, but it sounds like it will be good for your quilting. I always wanted to make a quilt but sewing makes me nervous and after the first bit of it I don't really enjoy it, so doubt I ever will do it.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #109  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

I was so excited about getting my new obturator (prosthesis for my palate) today, but got there and the dentist had messed up and we had to make a new mold and start again. He is an expert in his field and teaches at the dental school - - was very apologetic. We all make mistakes and I understand, but was very disappointed. He is going to see what he can do to get it back within a week, but he goes on vacation next week and the dental school is closed the week after he gets back, so could be as much as 4 weeks -- really bummed.

Mary, I like your fabric softener idea. I use vinegar in my wash a lot of the time and often use purchased dryer sheets in the dryer. I think I will try your method -- Thanks!

Bobbi, I have an old White machine I purchased in the 70's from a friend who owned a Bernina store. I sew pretty well, but have never really enjoyed it. I am too much of a perfectionist and end up feeling stressed by the process. I made the bridesmaid dresses for both my daughters weddings and my nieces wedding and they were gorgeous, but I also tend to procrastinate and was doing the final hems the night before the wedding. I have mostly used it for mending the past 20 years or so -- and making costumes for my grandsons' parts in school plays. I have a close friend who is a beautiful quilter. She has a topnotch machine and all sorts of equipment. She is my idol, but I don't really want to join her in her hobby. I have travelled to Europe with her, seen lots of shows and entered horseshoe tournaments with her, but draw the line at quilting.

Also directed a Mary -- I am really lucky that I prefer plain old black coffee and have good blood sugar numbers. I also like plain unsweetened iced tea and have never added sugar to anything I eat or drink. That being said, I do love pastries and most any dessert and love a glass or two of wine with or after dinner. Those are the vices I am fighting.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all...super busy reading daily on a fly by...back tomorrow....k3
Old 08-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #111  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

K3
Old 08-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #112  

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick post to say "Hi" this time as we are babysitting. They are watching a movie right now. I got very little sleep last night so praying for grace to handle everything well today. Love these little ones and want to be able to have a good time with them. My bs was high this morning but before lunch is was good.

Last edited by maryea; 08-17-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #113  

Hi everyone a very lazy rainy day here. pot roast in the crock pot,comfy in my chair with 3 dogs on my lap and the puter lol. hope your weekends the same rosey
Old 08-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Lynn
Old 08-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey...still just flying by...but must 'plain myself to the newer chicks. 2 years ago in the middle of the night my aortic valve collapsed and was rushed off to ER and transferred to Ocala for replacement surgery. When I didn't log on Donna, head of our posse, Karen, Bobbi, Rosey, and Rie tracked me down and even called the house much to DH's surprise and delight. Cyber friends are real friends! Cyber hugs work. Anyway I check in so the posse isn't called out. Gotta love a bunch of ladies who took nag 101 and 102 in college! k3
Old 08-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #116  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

It has been a nice weekend here for the most part. Sun shining today ~ that always makes me feel better.

Got to work on putting my sewing room back together. I guess that is the up side of losing my job. Time now to tackle some of the stuff around here that has been bugging me.

We had dismantled the cubbie holes I had made in the closet to put my different projects in. And had taken some of the furniture out to make room for a bed for DD Sara and DGD Maddie to sleep in when they had to come stay with us for a few months back in the spring. All that stuff ~ furniture and boxes had been cluttering up the living room then all this time. Not that that mattered ~ our house is not a show place. We are not social people, so no one sees it but us and the kids. We use the rooms differently than they are intended, so unusual stuff is in unusual places. Exercise equipment in what is really a dining room. Dining room table is in the living room ~ being used for a great big coupon surface for DH’s couponing project.

Next step is to get the stuff organized. It will be nice to be able to find my stuff again.

Worrying about DH ~ the stress of all this stuff going on (Sara’s divorce and her way of dealing with scum boy, the loss of my job and trying to figure out the finances and health insurance) is now starting to affect his health ~ blood pressure has been up when he checks it lately. I will be glad when this stuff is resolved. I hope things start looking up soon. It has not been a fun few months here.

Sounds like everyone is having a nice weekend.

K3 ~ busy, but doing ok. Glad you checked in.

Rosey ~ a lap full of dogs and computer, dinner in the crock pot ~ sounds nice.

Lynn ~ how are your eyes doing?

Donna ~ how did the appraisal for the house go? Hope you are maybe doing a little gorking. How are Samcat and GM?

Sassy ~ sorry for the misunderstanding of travel for your dr’s appointment only to find it had been changed and the disappointment of your obturator not being ready.

K31 ~ what adventures are you having this weekend? How is Ginger doing?

Mary ~ hope you rest better tonight and that you are having fun with your grandchildren.

Bobbi ~ I had a similar thing happen with my sewing machine. Took it for repair and the price they wanted to fix what seemed like a simple thing was ridiculous. They showed me some other machines and I ended up buying a new one. I was perfectly happy with the one I had. I wonder if quoting you a high price to fix is some kind of scam to get you to buy a new one?

Guess I’ll get off ~ have a nice rest of the evening and weekend.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 08-17-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5'5

Good Sunday morning to everyone! Just checking in to say I hope everyone has had a good week. I don't know if this is the place to post this or not, I don't have a tracker yet, but I've lost a couple of pounds since I joined last Sunday. I was down three pounds until Friday night's Mexican dinner with the family. But I slipped right back into healthy eating Saturday morning so I think I'm still good. That nasty extra pound on the scale today won't stay long.

Good luck to all this coming week!

Rytre (REE-tra) or just Ree
Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #118  
Sassy

Rytre -- Mexican Food is my biggest challenge -- Love it! At least you deviated for something really yummy and got right back on, instead of continuing the damage. Good work!!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #119  
Sassy

Okay -- This was tough. I thought I was relatively computer literate, but decided to add my picture and it was way more trouble than I expected. First, it was too many pixels, then shrunk it, then ended up with it in the signature, instead of the avatar, then had it in both places, then my weight tracker disappeared. Finally got it, but also wanted to automatically post "Sassy" at the end of my posts -- Thought I added that, but it disappeared when I corrected the rest. Think I am going to leave it alone for now.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #120  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Sassy - love the photo! And the computers are purely demonic!

Ree - welcome!

Gayle - thanks for asking.... the appraisal apparently was fine. The sewer folks messed up the sprinkler system, so I dealt with that yesterday. The closing is set for 10 a.m. on Wednesday...goddess willing! Any news on the job search?

Lazy Sunday! Everyone, be well! Later, lovelies!
Closed Thread