3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~August Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #31

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Birthday Gayle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happy-birthday-ballons_hlcl0782.jpg (32.9 KB, 0 views)

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 08-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #32

S/C/G: 318/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Birthday~~

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
GAYLE!!

Hope you had an amazing day!

Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #33
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good morning GG’s,

Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. It was a nice day. DS Jason and DGS Corbin popped in to wish me happy birthday and give a hug. Got calls from DD Jen (singing happy birthday), my friend Betsy in Kansas City, my sister. Text from DD Sara. And several very beautiful (calorie free virtual cakes from my wonderful GG’s

Donna 2 ~ so glad to see you back. Sorry for the ongoing health issues for your young man. Sad that one so young has to have so many problems.

Karen 31 ~ how is Ginger doing? How is mom doing?

K3 ~ hope your knees feel better soon.

Mary ~ I’ve had those days where it seemed busy, but then it didn’t seem like I accomplished much and wondered where the day went.

Lynn ~ when it rains it pours huh (printer, dishwasher). You did an awesome job to gain only .8 pound while you were away.

Cajun ~ glad you had a good week with the diet

Bobbi ~ loved the pictures of your new home. You fix it up so pretty.

Donna/Jess ~ how are you doing? How is SamCat

Welcome Calavera and Sassafras

It has been kind of an upsetting week work wise. On Monday, we got the news that the unit I work on is to close down. The census had been down for a few weeks, and there had been grumblings over the years about how our unit lost money for the hospital. So, our fears came true. We had 7 patients on Monday. We would get no more new ones, and when the last of them discharged, the unit would close.

They gave us a list of the positions open elsewhere in the hospital, and hoped that everyone could find something.

My boss said there was an opening for a secretary on the Rehab unit, so that is where I was to go. I started there ~ oriented on Wednesday and Thursday. I was on my own on Friday. Some of it is doing the same stuff I was already doing, then some of it is new ~ unique for that unit. I will get it all down eventually.

Friday was a very stressful day there. The charts/orders were piling up so fast I was having trouble keeping up. Phone and call bells were ringing non stop. To make matters worse, we were having printer problems, and the scanner thing we use to send new med orders to the pharmacy wouldn’t work. Someone from IT got on my computer to try to “remotely” fix the printer issue. That knocked out the orders I was working on. When I went in to try to re-do that, I was locked out. I had to call IT so they could help me get that straightened out. What a mess.

Very stressful, but I think when I get used to it ~ it will be better. The hours will be better ~ 8am to 8pm ~ three 12 hour shifts a week (so 4 days off ~ yippee).

Then yesterday ~ a piece of stressful news regarding the job. I had sent the boss an e-mail ~ for help to understand my new schedule. I didn’t want to mess up and not show up when I was supposed to. She told it to me, then said that she still did not have an approved requisition for the job from the CFO. Oh man ~ so I asked her ~ does that mean that maybe there is no job for me after all. She said ~ Don’t start worrying but I can’t totally guarantee for anyone at this point. I only have one US so I don’t see how it will be denied!!!

What I don’t understand is that before this ~ that unit had 2 regular secretaries. One lady quit. The other one is still there. So why now all of a sudden is there only one position? What happened to the other position ~ the one I am supposed to fill?

When she first told me I had the job, it was such a relief. I felt like after all the crummy stuff that has happened this year, maybe things were starting to look up. I am trying to do what my mom said and not worry until there is something to worry about.

Hoping you all are having a nice weekend.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Last edited by glynne : 08-04-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #34
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, All...

I've been awake most of the night, fretting, worrying, wondering, etc.... I'll be so glad when this estate is settled! The inspection showed that there are problems with the sewer line, so it's being replaced, to the tune of $7,850. The closing is scheduled for 8-21, so I don't have time to dink around with this; I'm kind of over a barrel. I still have big pieces of furniture to get rid of...

and, to top it all off, the third woman in our office got into a snit and stormed out, for the second time. She won't be welcomed back. She's also the one helping out GM, though (sigh). So, I'm girding my loins for another week from h*ll, training another person. We're going to try to absorb the work, but it's not going to work. There's just too much for two of us. And I'm concerned that GM will lose her helper, and I'll have to start doing that again. I'm a big girl, but there aren't enough pieces of me to go around!

Gayle - I'm so hoping that all works out for you with your job! Wouldn't it be nice if something would go smoothly for once? It seems like incompetents and incompetence are everywhere! Good luck!

Went to Aunty Ann's 98th birthday party/family reunion yesterday. What fun! I saw shirt-tail relatives I haven't seen in, probably, 50 years. How shocking it is to say something like that! Anyway, it was really fun.

Everyone - hope your weekend is going well. Later....

Last edited by jess1 : 08-04-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #35
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

Glad your birthday was nice, Gayle, and sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday on time. I know the job issue is very stressful, but it sounds like they really do need that position, so sure it will work out.

I got a fair amount done yesterday, but keep spending time on the computer looking at things I would like to order for my new house. I DON'T need to spend more money right now. I DO need to finish the packing. I'm normally more disciplined than this, but still have time to get everything done.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #36
Want to feel better

Donna ~ so sorry about all the worries with the sale of the house, the extra work heaping up on you at your job, and having to worry about possibly finding another helper for GM. I'm glad you had fun at the birthday party/family reunion. You needed that. Now hang on to all of your pieces and

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 08-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #37

Donna, sorry that the house deal just didn't fly through without a hitch! Darn it!! One thing is that no matter how much you worry and fret about it everything will turn out fine. Take a deep breath and do something different to get your mind off of it. WOW! tough call at the job too. And it makes it hard when she is also taking care of GM too. But again there are only so many hours in a day and only so much you can do.. praying that everything turns around for you quickly.

Gayle, what a stinky thing to happen at your job too!! Shoot, why would they say the job is yours and then say hmmmm well we aren't for sure. That just doesn't seem right. Sending prayers that everything works out the best for you too.

Ginger is about the same--- we got some new med for her yesterday and it is hydrocodone syrup. Thank goodness she doesn't mind taking the syrup from the syringe. I'm really hoping this helps her between the other two meds she is taking too. It just is scary. Sissy has been very caring towards her which is so cute. I'm just trying not to think to far ahead 'cause I don't like to think about it. Just too hard.

We didn't make it to church this morning--- I think we would have needed a boat! We got 1.2 inches of rain this morning and still more on the way for the next week or so! Shoot we even made the headlines on the weather channel!! I think we only got up to 74 degrees today.

Well, I have clothes calling me from the dryer. Have a great rest of the afternoon.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #38

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

My DD & SIL are coming home this week. I will fix a dinner for them & have in their refrig so that they will have something to eat when they get home.

Weigh-in day is on Tuesday. Looking for a 1 pound loss.

Hi Karen, I had a little problem setting up the new printer. However, I figured out a way around the problem. I was VERY proud of myself! So sorry to read that Ginger is still ailing. Hope she feels better soon.

Hi Mary, you wrote, "I wish I could get to the point where changes of schedule like with having family here wouldn't cause me to go off track."
I know that I am NOT yet at this point. This was why I re-joined Jenny Craig when my sister died.

Hi Karen, so sorry to read about your crummy week. Feel better.

Hi Sassafras, I used to do volunteer work at our county prison. I agree with you - the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Hi Calavera, WELCOME!

Gayle, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a wonderful day. So sorry to read about your job problems. I hope things will all work out to your best advantage.

Hi Donna, Hope the sale & things at your job settle down. Glad to read you had fun at your reunion.

Have a good day,

Lynn
Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #39

Hi everyone...hope you have had a good Sunday. It was a very quiet lazy one here. Went to church, came home and took a nap. Haven't had a real meal all day however don't think I've done too badly on the calories/carbs with my snacking. My weight was down 1 1/2 # but it was just some of the pounds I'd put on recently..so nothing new...I was happy to just drop what I did. I still have about 3# to go to get back to my sig weight..up and down I go as usual.

It was warm today...I tended my roses and de-headed a few other flowers, pulled a few weeds and decided I couldn't take the heat anymore. I did water one tomato plant and the little basil plant my son gave me, but the rest I'll do later when it's not so hot. Dh is itchy to get completely back to the yard work. He does some but I am watering, pulling weeds, harvesting most of the garden still. I hope the doctor gives him the full go ahead this week because it is getting hard to hold him back!

Karen31 - Feel so sorry for your little doggie...hope the meds help her soon.

Gayle - Sorry about the stress at work and I hope you know for sure about the job SOON! Doesn't seem right to start you working (orienting) and then say they aren't sure!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #40
Want to feel better

Mary ~ I think the boss started me, because that is how sure she felt that the position would be approved.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #41

S/C/G: 318/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Please Pray

Today is going to be the most difficult day of my life.

I cannot begin to explain, but just asking for prayer for Jonathan and our family.

Thank you.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #42

Donna, sending prayers--- God knows.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #43

S/C/G: 281/224/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. How can 3 people dirty so many clothes on a weekend. I can't see the laundry room floor. I think I have 6 loads. Friday everything was clean. That's just 2 days. But we did have a wedding so the dress clothes will be washed separate.
Friday night we went out to eat with my sister and bil. I did well with my choices. Saturday morning dh and I fished a while. Then it was the wedding. The guy that broke his neck son got married. I always get choked up when I see a beautiful bride but not this time. When the guy that broke his neck walked up that isle with his walker I lost it. The tears rolled down my face. Dh and I grew up with this couple. We've always done things together. It was very emotional. Now the weddings over he is scheduled for surgery to remove his kidney. I think I had told y'all when they brought him in for the accident they found cancer on his kidney. They say it's contained. He wanted to wait until after his son got married because they said it's going to knock him down pretty bad. Please pray for him.
Sunday dh and I went and ran the catfish nets and caught 19 catfish. We cleaned them and went to my sisters for supper. That's when I ate a meal I wasn't supposed to but that's ok it was just that one meal and I'm back on track this morning. Yesterday I prayed for all my GG friends in church and for a very special cousin that is struggling with her weight just like me. I looked to my left and there she was sitting in front of me. If I keep believing and praying I know I can get this weight off.

Change I'm sending prayers for you and your family.

Gayle how long will it be until you know for sure if you will get the position. Will you be doing the work in that position until you know. Good luck!!!

Mary hang in there with your diet. We can do this!!! Hope dh can get outside soon. I'm sure he's itching to get busy.

Lynn good luck with weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping you get your lb and more!!!

Karen31 I hope you can get your pets comfortable with the right meds. We had rain all summer and just now it's turning dry. Guess we will be dry until a tropical storm comes our way.

Sass maybe your stalling because you have mixed feelings leaving the old place and going to the new place. Kinda bittersweet. We lost our house to a hurricane about 5 years ago. I did get a bigger and better house but it was still sad to leave my old place. I had lots of memories in that house.

Jess Donna so did you sell the house? I must have missed that post. Sorry for the work overload. It's happening to everyone in the medical field. Overworked and underpaid. If you have a job today you need to hang on to it and appreciate it. I'm sure this lady will be surprised if they let her go.

Hi to all I missed!! Got to tend to the pile of laundry. Time to switch loads.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #44

Hi everyone! just have time for a quick post. So far today I've gone to the gym, and picked up a few groceries. Will do more shopping tomorrow probably. It's a warm day..think it's to get into the 80s. I have much to do here at home but am seriously thinking about going out for a haircut. Still trying to decide. I'm a wash n wear kind of girl and right now my hair is demanding far too much attention and still doesn't look good for very long, if at all.

Donna, praying for you and your son.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #45
Want to feel better

The job fell through

Gonna work on my resume tomorrow. The boss said she is still persuing getting that position I was doing ok'd and if it does get approved that I can have it. But she doesn't have any idea how long that might be or even if it will happen.

So, I can 't just sit around and hope. Gotta find something.

One day, one of our patients was going to a nursing home. I didn't know a location of it existed where it is. Just out of curiosity, I looked a the web site and there was a place you could click on to see their job openings. There was a position available for a receptionist. It is still available tonight when I look, so I'm gonna jump on that tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed.

Say a little pray for me.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.