Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #166  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Holy Cow, it's hot here too. Yesterday and today it's over 100 degrees with the heat index. Humid, humid, humid.

Rosey...good thoughts to for you and prayer.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #167  

Hi everyone i have been running around getting things ready to leave in the am for anch. hope i dont forget anything. the surg is friday,my anniversary,44 yrs together and mr cranky will be by my side as well as my girls and grkids. im truly blessed by family and all of you who are my cheer leaders i thank you from the bottom of my heart. im not nervous just excited. a sp (((hug))) for jess as i know her heart is hurting. you can call the phone #'s i gave jess and i will remind laura to post amessage when she can.ttfn later gators rosey
Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone i have been running around getting things ready to leave in the am for anch. hope i dont forget anything. the surg is friday,my anniversary,44 yrs together and mr cranky will be by my side as well as my girls and grkids. im truly blessed by family and all of you who are my cheer leaders i thank you from the bottom of my heart. im not nervous just excited. a sp (((hug))) for jess as i know her heart is hurting. you can call the phone #'s i gave jess and i will remind laura to post amessage when she can.ttfn later gators rosey
Hi Rosey,

I have been thinking about you and sending you "calm" messages. I know how much you want this. My love, prayers, and best wishes are with you an your DH.

Lynn
Old 08-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Good Hola, Goldens...

Sad news today. I had to put SamCat down this morning. Those of you who know me know that I loved that kitty more than I can say... he was a month shy of 20 years. This just broke my heart. I've cried more for him than I did for Barb; maybe the two are combining my tears?
Hi Donna,

A few years ago, my kitten had to be put to sleep. This occurred about 6 months after my brother had died. I got absolutely hysterical and had to leave work. I am sure my boss (a man with a doctorate in animal husbandry) thought I was nuts.

In retrospect, I really think that some of those kitten tears were left over from ones unshed for my brother.

I send you my love, hugs, and best wishes.

Lynn
Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #170  

Hi Everyone,

Bad news - I am teaching 2 different online courses for 2 different colleges for the next 2 weeks! Keep your fingers crossed that I can post the right information to the right students!

Good news - I lost another pound at JC this week. Down 8 pounds altogether. This was amazing - I had company for the past 2 weeks and ate out almost every day at least once - several days, twice!

Lynn
Old 08-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #171  

Height: 5'3"

Rosey, I already posted today but wanted to be sure to tell you....good luck on your surgery! I am happy that you are finally getting to do it as I know how much you wanted it and I will be praying for you.

Lynn - Glad to "see" you again...seems like it's been a while but maybe I missed your posts. Congrats on losing that pound!!

Last edited by maryea; 08-28-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 245/235/210

Height: 6'1"

At 71 I'm definitely a golden girl so if ok with you I'd like to join in, especially today since today is my birthday. I've been trying to lose weight on my own and in early August joined the IP weight loss plan. I was very excited and hopeful that I could lose the 20 pounds that I so desperately needed to lose. Although I had a rough start I felt great and was encouraged with my slow weight loss. Then bam last week I developed a terrible pain in right lower back that radiated into right flank and ended up in ER Sunday morning. No definite diagnosis so my IP diet is on hold for now until I find out the reason for my continuing pain. I will watch what I eat but it won't be so restrictive.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #173  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Jac...glad to have you aboard.

Lynn...congrats on your loss and you can handle two colleges.

Rosey...

Everyone's lives are always interesting to read about, sorry I've been slow to respond but I never can find the time.

Too many things to do and so little time.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 08-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #174  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Lynn - your words were true. I cried more for SamCat than I did for my sister, and I know it was a cumulative thing. No way could I have worked on Tuesday. Luckily, I have the best boss in the world.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Bobbi - I hope you'll put together a portfolio of all the pictures of your house. I think you've done a lovely job of it, and it looks calm and homey and very, very nice!

Jac - you're very welcome! Stick around. We get so many newbies who come once or twice, but who never try to interact with the rest of us, and then they wander away. If you stick, we'll all get to know each other, and it's a tight group. I think you'll like it here.

Rosey - good thoughts! I'll look forward to us hearing something from your DD, sooner rather than later! And thank you for the special hugs; I received them!

Have to get ready for work. Later, lovelies!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #175  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on in several days -- can't say I've actually been too busy to post, but have been busier than normal, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I REALLY need to get some pix of my new house on to share.

Karen 31 -- Love your sun room! Thanks for the pix.

Donna -- Really sorry about SamCat. Our dogs stayed with my daughter when I moved here. The older one is almost 15 and he was only a few weeks old when we got him. I can still visit, though. When the end does come for him, my daughter will have to make the decisions and deal with it. I will feel like I took the coward's way out. He is still healthy and active, at the present, though.

I have used some of the amenities in my new community during the past week and have felt progressively more welcomed and part of things with each activity. Last night, I went to "Wing Down Wednesday" and had a few wings, then sat with another couple who just moved in and enjoyed Karaoke night. A few were really good singers, some were good entertainment and some just had a lot of gumption. I don't sing except alone in my car with the radio. When my grandkids were toddlers and rode in the car with me, I would sing with the radio and they would say "Grandma, don't sing!" That should explain how bad it really is. I played musical instruments when I was young, because I wanted to make music and realized early on that I wouldn't be doing it with my voice.

I just joined a local CSA and will get my first delivery from the local farm today. To those who aren't familiar with the process, you pay a set fee for each season and get a weekly produce bag or box with whatever is available locally. I think that, this time of year in AZ, the pickings are pretty slim, but I will be kind of forced to use some different things than I might purchase and figure out what to do with them and should be healthy -- I will refrain from frying any, although, if there is okra, it will be tempting.

Last edited by Sassafras; 08-29-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Jac, Welcome and Happy Birthday! We all look forward to getting to know you.

Rosey, Sending good thoughts and prayers to you.. will be watching for updates!

Bobbi, where are the pictures??? We are so anxious to see your new home.

Lynn, Congrats on the weightloss. I'm going to get back to my ticker weight
one of these days!!

Sassy, good to hear from you again. Was wondering where you were. Thanks for the compliments on the sunroom. I think we are really going to enjoy it.

Donna, have a great day!

Hello to everyone else. I need to get going this morning, have a few things to get done and then Bible study this afternoon.

Catch you all later.....
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies
We're going again. Dh and I are off for Labor Day so dh and I and my sister and her husband are going to north louisiana to spend 3 days with our first cousin. They are planning to take us on the party barge in the lake near their home and there is a wine vineyard about 2 miles and they have wine tasting. So we will do that. There is a show of A&E called duck dynasty that is very popular. They live right down the road and they are taking us there. I'm excited. It's going to be good to get away. I'm missing my boys and everyday that passes its getting harder. I know I'll get use to it but its the first time in many years that its just been dh and I.

Rosey I'm praying for you.

Sass it sounds like you are having a wonderful time on your new place.

Jac welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Lynn congrats on the weight loss.

Gotta run. Hi to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #178  

Hi Everyone,

I just got email about Open House NY - the event that my sister and I always attended. I do not think I will ever do that again. So many things that are entwined in my mind with my sister.

JC got in a new dessert - key lime pie! It is TOO good. This might end up being one of the items banished from my home. (If I ever binge on anything, I never bring it home again.)

Lynn
Old 08-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #179  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Last night was one of my more difficult nights and I was pretty draggy til mid-day. Then we went to the grocery store and I felt better for a while. Now beginning to drag again. I haven't gotten much done around here, but I needed to get food for the little ones as we are babysitting starting tomorrow til sometime Sunday. I am praying for grace and strength to enjoy the gk. Dh helps esp outside but a lot of it falls on me esp the evenings when he is just too tired. He's older than I so I feel like I should do it but it can be difficult if I'm very tired, but each time I pray and each time I've been given what I need. They are good kids, just energetic as they should be at that age.

Cajun - I've heard of that show a lot recently. Glad you get to go and have fun together!

Rosey- Hoping that you are getting all set up for your surgery tomorrow and feeling good about it. know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 245/235/210

Height: 6'1"

Thanks for the greetings everyone, am looking forward to getting to know all of you also. Am leaving early morning to visit my daughter and family in Charlotte, NC to celebrate my birthday and my now 11-year old grandson Aidan's birthday. We both share the same birthday (aug28) so we try to celebrate together, (think it's so special). Not looking forward to the long drive (7 hrs) from DC area (VA side) especially since there'll be so many holiday travelers. It'll be a wild time at my daughter's house since all the family is coming together for the long weekend. Will be in touch when I get back. Have a great and safe
holiday weekend. Judy. PS. Update...Pain is better today, bad day yesterday. Doc appnt next week
Closed Thread