3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

June Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #91
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi -

Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #92

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi....Just peeked at the clock and can't believe it's just noon. Been busy...have washed and rehung living room and dinning room curtains plus busted the center bracket that keeps them straight instead of sagging in the middle...jerry rigged a molly bolt and we've level again. They came and replaced my wind shield. Paid bills and sitting here dying for more coffee. Cleaning girl is in the kitchen. Got my hair cut and Tara asked if I wanted it short....said no and boy is it short...glad I didn't say "short". phew!!!!!

Rosey...I can't believe how ignorant that lady was...That was way beyond rude and hurtful. Believe we should send a posse out and whip her into shape. How could she hurt you!

Cajun...You are driving yourself crazy. Every time you start to eat wrong stop take a deep breath and say K3 says I'm crazy. I'll drive you so crazy you'll stick to your diet to get rid of me.

Lynn...yup I'm in Fl about 60 miles N of Tampa. Bottom of the Big Bend. Middle of nowhere.

Bobbi...I need help. What do you use to fill in the cracks? Mine are getting so deep.

Mary...Your daughter who ran the mini-marathon is absolute gorgeous.

Time for coffee.....hugs to everyone I missed Gayle stay cool and calm. k3
Old 06-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #93
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

K3...flesh colored spackle works good on the face cracks!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #94

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Rainy day here in PA. My DF and I went to an art museum near me & heard 3 artists who do abstract art tell us about the art and how they made it and how their art developed. Interesting lecture - we were not crazy about the art, but it was interesting to hear their stories.

Still doing JC - I get weighed on Thursday. I think I will lose another pound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Forgot to say our dd did really well in the 1/2 marathon! She beat her own time by 2 min. Looked really good. We were a bit concerned about her as she was having problems with her knee but she wore a brace and did fine. She didn't even seem tired afterwards...I bet she crashed when she got home though. ;-)
Hi Mary,

Right after you run through the finish line, you are EXHILARATED! The REAL pain comes the next day. NOTE: runners swear that ice cold baths as soon as you get home from the run really cuts down on the next-day pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
…at church today i gave the prayer shawl to the lady i made it for. her reaction was strange and when she left she tossed my gift in a chair and left. she didnt want it. made me feel all sorts of things but thought that lady maybe needed someone to pray for her. i gave my gift to the church secretary to give to some other person needing a happy moment. she called later and said it received a good home. sheesh not sure what to make of this,my christian heart says let it go,my human heart wants to kick her to the curb for being so rude,whats your take on this?
Hi Rosie,

I am so sorry this woman rejected your gift of love and compassion. My guess is that she is not used to people being so nice to her and she does not know how to receive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
I ate again this weekend. I'm out of control. I talked to myself all weekend encouraging me to start again and to give it 100%. So this morning Im at it again. I'm going to move my ticker up too. I was determined to get back to my ticker weight before moving it. That didn't work so here it goes. My true weight this Monday morning. Last week I was 213. This morning I'm 219.
The lowest I've been was 205.
Hi Cajun,

We all go through these “Attacks of the Chew!” The important thing is to catch the binge eating and get back on track. All we can do is keep on keeping on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
I was really binge eating yesterday. I realized that that happens when we don't eat regular meals.(
Hi Mary,
I ABSOLUTELY agree. Since I started JC, I am eating so much more healthy food each day, and I am not bingeing on sweets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Got off work on time ~ another yippee. So now I can gork a little this evening. I probably should be working on that "other stuff", but like Lynn ~ Grrrr at that stuff hanging over my head ~ I want to do something fun with my time off ~ not work related stuff. Trying also not to let thoughts of scum boy and scum mama and that whole mess invade my thoughts and ruin my evening. My stomach feels better tonight. Enjoying a nice salad for supper. Wanted that last night, but by supper time and dose of that crap (scum boy) my stomach was all in knots and I couldn't eat that.
Hi Gayle,
I tried reading your past posts to find out about “scum boy” and “scum mama” but could not find. What is this about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Gayle - I decided to brave this site again, too... I only get that scary message on Firefox, not on IE or Chrome. I just run a virus scan immediately after I'm on this site... and hope for the best!
Hi Donna,

When I logged on here, I got a scary message from Norton about some kind of “malicious attack” being averted. Is that what you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone. another gorgeus day here but boy is it hot. very unusual for alaska. im sitting in my sports bra and cutoffs( i wacked off a old pair of sweats) with a fan on not a pretty site lol but more comfortable.Jess i love painted toes too and one of steves more enduring traits is that he does mine for me lol.
Hi Rosey,

Tell Steve he’s a GOOD man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn...yup I'm in Fl about 60 miles N of Tampa. Bottom of the Big Bend. Middle of nowhere. k3
Hi Karen,

When I come down there next Fall, we will DEFINITELY have to get together. I met my cousin (lives in Brandon) at a restaurant near Ellerton Mall. Maybe you and I can figure out what would be halfway and schedule a lunch.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #95

Lynn...I have shopped at Ellerton mall...got me a Waterford lamp for way less than regular stores....way way less!!! I'd love to met you for lunch. k3
Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #96

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn...I have shopped at Ellerton mall...got me a Waterford lamp for way less than regular stores....way way less!!! I'd love to met you for lunch. k3
I LOVE it! Can't wait for the Fall.

Lynn
Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #97

S/C/G: 281/220.5/165

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon ladies,
Today I have done well on my plan. I'm going to take it day by day.
K3 thanks for driving me crazy. I had to laugh. I for sure will think about you when I go to eat something I shouldn't. Did you get your water back quickly? Bobbi it was nice to see you drop in. I can't wait to hear about your new house. Im glad you got the creatures settled into their places you can live with. Mary I guess we are all in the same boat with this weight battle. You are so right about not having the right foods on hand when you are hungry. It's so easy to just grab anything. Most times it's the wrong foods. Lynn I'm going to do my best to keep on keeping on. Rosey it's hot here too. I don't think I'll ever get use to it. Is it winter yet? Lol Donna someone gave me a pedicure as a gift and I never used it. I hated the fact that they would be playing with my feet. Guess I should have gave it a try. Gayle I was wondering also who was scum boy and scum mama was.

Gotta scoot
Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #98

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

We took our "Ginger" to the vet this afternoon. She has had a cough for quite awhile but seemed to be getting worse. They call it a "goose honk cough". The vet. examined her and said she has a collapsing trachea, which I guess is sometimes common in small dogs, and the slight murmur she had when we first got her has become worse now too. He rated it at a 3 on a scale of 1 to 6. So she had two injections, one and antibiotic that will last 2 weeks and a steroid shot that should help with the inflammation of her throat from coughing. And two prescriptions one is a water pill that should remove some of the fluid from around her heart and lungs and the other is a cough pill that is an expectorant in it. The water pill she will take twice a day for about 5 days and then can cut back to once a day. So she should be feeling better real soon. She is 10 years old so I guess she has entered into her Golden Years too!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #99
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good evening GG’s,

Two days down, two to go. Had some time today at work to tackle a thing I needed to do/solve and finally succeeded. Yippee.

Scum boy is my SIL. Scum mama is his mom. My daughter after 17 years of marrige has had enough ~ told him she was not going to live the rest of her life this way. It is the classic domestic violence thing ~ that just keeps getting worse and worse. The being nice, then hurting her physically and/or emotionally, then the I'm sorry's and promises never to do it again and then the cycle starts all over again. She is trying to get a divorce and he is making it miserable every step of the way. And his mom has been awful too ~ making threats on Facebook to Sara and our family, but says they were not for us ~ guess she thinks I am totally stupid or something ~ they absolutely were directed at my family.

The scum sent her flowers today for her birthday ~ makes me want to hurl.

Sadly these awful people are the father and grandmother of my precious Corbin and Maddie. Sometimes I wish Sara had never met him, but if she hadn’t we wouldn’t have Corbin and Maddie.

Enough said on that topic. I would appreciate prayers if anyone would do that ~ thank you.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Last edited by glynne : 06-18-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #100

omg karen im sry poor ginger's not feeling well.my furry crew sends her hugs.spent a real quiet day.I cut out some doll clothes for my project and got steves apts scheduled today. hes goes to anch on the 27th for his neck and our dr said he quailfied for monetary help becuz hes diabled so they are paying for him to fly up and back. a good score for us. living on ss disability is a challenge and every little save helps. then hes having some minor surg on july 2nd. am so glad hes getting these things taken care of,its been a long painful winter for him. another beautiful day with record breaking temps,im in my improvised shorts and sports bra again. good thing the dogs let me know when someone comes so i can go put some clothes on ive been maintaining my locarb eating,but im hungry all the time i baked a turkey breast this am and plan on several meals from that. steves having spahgetti and meat balls.i try and have things i can eat on hand and if i do buy carby snacks steves got an upper cupboard that i cant reach where he stores his junk,chips and chocolate. nothing of importantce to share,hope your evenings a good one. Tootsie and Pepper send " A WOOFand HUGS" for ginger roseyPs glynne we must have been posting at the same time,hang in there and prayers for agood outcome.

breakfast
cinnamon coffee latte

lunch
breakfast hash(potatoes onion gr peppers and ham)
one egg

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal micro popcorn

dinner
salad with turkey,lettuce,tomatoe,cukes,onion,dried cranberries and raspberry vinegrette dressing and some chow mein noodles on top.
iced tea
carmel apple sucker

I am enough!

Last edited by akrosey49 : 06-18-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #101

It's been a tiring, emotional day due to some family issues. I really hope tomorrow will be easier. Also spent a lot of time trying to help dh with a computer problem. Still not resolved. I did manage to do my daily work plus mop the kitchen and foyer floors and vacuum the whole house. dh had his retiree brunch this morning but I didn't go. Maybe I should have. I've done pretty well with the timing of my meals today, but I went over on calories and didn't burn much since I didn't workout.

Forgot to mention yesterday...I won 13 mystery paperbacks! Got them yesterday. Plus they threw in some notepads and bookmarks which are always useful. I sure didn't need anymore books but I do look forward to reading them. Right now on my Kindle I'm reading Cliff Divers, a mystery about female detective in Mexico and I'm enjoying it. Just finished Black Echo, another cop story about a former military man who served in Vietnam. I really liked it even though I partially figured it out.

Glynn - Family issues can be the worst!

Karen3 - Thank you, yes she is a beauty. Got the best of us both I guess. Very proud of her.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #102
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

Feeling pretty perky this morning. Sleep is a wonderful thing! Just cut into a sweet-smelling cantaloupe... and the whole inside is rotted! I was so disappointed! Oh, well...
Quote:
"Hi Donna,

When I logged on here, I got a scary message from Norton about some kind of “malicious attack” being averted. Is that what you got?"
Yes, Lynn, and I had the message on Chrome last night. Since it's not there today on Firefox, I'm hoping that the 3FC Powers were able to clean the site. Of course, IE never noticed it, but IE SUCKS.

I think it's so way cool that you and KarenFL are planning to meet! Rie and I met last month, and it was the best! It's so nice to put a body with a face... you two should have a great time! I hope you can pull it off this fall.

Nothing going on. Onward, upward, and the same ol', same ol'..... Hope you're all doing well. Personals someday, I promise!

Gayle - bah on ScumBoy! Pray that he meets some buxom bimbo blonde tart and finally leaves your daughter alone!

Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #103
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Good Morning...we're up to our elbows in boxed treasures we'll never need or use again. Bruce wants me to concentrate on marking it and getting ready for a huge rummage sale. (He will keep painting) What really convinced me was a nightmare I had two nights ago about box after box of stuff. Why do we buy all that?

Gayle...want the G.G.'s posse to come over and slap him along side the head? Or maybe he could come over here and have a dead critter fall on his head like Donna suggested for the crabby guy I live with.

Mary...geeeze, I miss reading on my kindle but tiredness overtakes me most nights. Last night I couldn't sleep so I did finish a novel I started reading a month ago. You must have a big library in your home to store all those books you read.

KarenMo...sorry about Ginger, I know how much you both love her.
I get a icky feeling in my tummy just thinking about our aging dog Charlie. He's 7 and hunting dogs don't live as long as little dogs.

K3...I used to sell Waterford crystal, it's all spendy. Do you own Irish Bleek too?

Donna...I thought of you while watching the wild fires in Colorado, must have missed everyone talking to you about it. How far from you?

Lynn...so happy to see you posting again, I need to get back to it too. Kick me.

Rosey...are you sitting outside in the sun in your sexy sports bra?
Quote:
good thing the dogs let me know when someone comes so i can go put some clothes on

Cajun...I had to compromise, Bruce didn't want this house...I did. The only place to put his dead critters was in the family room. The house is coming along great, slow but sure. We had electricians out the last two days updating the fuse box and circuit breakers. We had more amps put up in the loft for a window air conditioner if we need it. The house is surrounded by thick trees and doesn't seem to get hot. It was rare that we used our central air at our old house, I rather like the heat because I'm always cold.

Quote:
Bobbi it was nice to see you drop in. I can't wait to hear about your new house. Im glad you got the creatures settled into their places you can live with.
Back to the basement with my stickers and mark-down pen. We still have a rented garage space to haul into town, price and box. All the treasures from my garden shed and chicken coop.
Ta Ta
Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #104

S/C/G: 281/220.5/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldens girls,
It's raining this morning very hard. Yesterday evening we spread ds dirt around his sewer system because it had washed. We still have more to spread after this rain. We will soon be starting on his patio carport and forming up for his concrete. I can help with the forms and dirt work. Should be good exercise. Day 3 on my food plan at 100%. I'm tracking Whst I eat and trying to drink a lot of water. I'm hopeful this time in can do it. I think my mind is in the right place.

Bobbi I was glad to hear the critters got placed in a good spot. Garage sales are lots of work. I don't know why we clutter ous houses with unwanted stuff we will never use. I have 52 cabinets and 18 drawers in my kitchen and they are all full. Took me awhile but I filled them. Dh complains all the time about cabinets and closets. Those are full too. I need to get rid of stuff too. He calls me a hoarder. Guess I'll admit it but at least it's an organized hoarder. Everything has a container or shelf. Lol.

Donna are you safe and far from the fires?

Rosey I had to laugh when I read about you putting your dh snacks in the upper cabinets because you can't reach them. I thought to myself,"that's a good idea but that wouldn't work for me because if I can climb in a deer stand I could surely get in that lil ole cabinet." Last night dh went into the snack cabinet and there wasn't anything left(because I ate it all last week). I told him that drawer was staying empty for awhile to get him a yogurt.

Gayle I will certainly send a prayer your daughters way. Hopefully he will get interested in someone else.

Karen31 how is your fury pt feeling today?

Washing machine is calling me. Gotta run.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #105

Bobbi...I went to Bealls, Belks, JCP and Sears and nobody had flesh colored spackle? duh...........k3

ps every time I tried to post a smiley the site locked up.....am laughing out loud!!!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.