June Golden Girls

You're on Page 6 of 12
Go to
  • Just a quick drop in to ask for y'all prayers for all people working in refineries. There was another explosion in a refinery next to my youngest son. 1 was killed and 5 injured. Both my sons are ok. It's very scary. I try not to think about the risk of them in refineries. Just pray a lot for them is all I can do.
    Have a good weekend!
    I'm going fishing!

Hugs
    Cajun
  • Happy weekend everyone. cold here today but sunny. a skeeter pestered me most of the nite and i couldnt smack it. had my dr apt today and every thing on track,hope the ins and anch dr see's it my way. the rest of the day i will be gorking rosey

breakfast
    coffee

lunch
    1/2 grilled cheese sand
    watermelon iced tea

snack
    coffee mocha
    1/4 cup almonds and dried cranberries

dinner
    pork chop
    stuffing
    salad
  • Good evening GG’s,

Rosey ~ glad your doctors appointment went well. Sorry about that skeeter. Hope he will leave you alone tonight.

Cajun ~ sorry for the explosions at those refineries and that you have to worry for your sons. Will pray. Prayers also for the families who lost loved ones.

Mary ~ glad you slept well the other night. Enjoy watching your daughter tomorrow at the marathon.

Donna and K3 ~ what are swamp coolers? In NC we had something called a “whole house fan”. It was a great big fan in the ceiling of the upstairs. You opened windows down stairs and then turned on this fan and it pulled the air in and up and out and cooled off the house. But once it got too hot and humid out ~ you couldn’t use that. Maybe at night when it cooled off some, but not in the daytime. It is fun to learn about things in other areas of the country.

K3 ~ that was an interesting story about the pencil.

Lynn ~ way to go on the 1# loss. Every pound is one less than before. Keep up the good work. Glad the shot worked and your toe feels better.

Donna ~ hope you are having a nice weekend. How is GM’s care giver working out? How is SamCat doing?

Bobbi ~ how is the house coming along? Have you been able to find some of the stuff you were looking for?

Deelee ~ hope things are going better for you.

Hi Emaline. Hello to anyone else I’ve missed.

Sort of a nice weekend. I’m off work ~ that makes it nice. I was hoping to work on that educational stuff some today, but my head was kind of achy, didn’t feel up to having to think too hard (LOL) so did some other stuff, so it wasn’t totally a wasted day.
    Off to bed soon. Hopefully no headache tomorrow and I can get some of that educational stuff done.

Rest well friends ~ take care.
  • Hola, All...

I'm pretty much walking again after a long (LONG!) day working at my sister's house... we're about 95% cleared out, and I can get the house on the market soon, I think. All that lugging and standing and walking really KILLS my hips!

A swamp cooler is a fan that blows over water to cool the air. I like it better than an air conditioner, because I like the humidity. It's so very dry here! They're popular here.

GM seems to like her caregiver. It's just 2 hours a week, and the honeymoon might be over. I hear little complaints here and there, but I think, over-all, things are going pretty well. And SamCat is a pisser, but he's a purely perfect pisser! He's so spoiled! I'm now trained to buy only the Fancy Feast type food, because he gets bored with the 5 oz dinners and won't finish an entire can. I get so frustrated throwing them out, so I'm now trained to buy him the 3 oz "goodie" cans. So far, he's eating them. Brat!! I guess, since he's almost 20, he can eat whatever he'll eat. Thanks for asking about them both, Gayle!

I'm so tired I think I'll go to bed and hope to sleep uninterrupted. The sleep patterns are still out of whack, but I think there's progress.

Everyone, have a good weekend! Rosie - I hope you can take a picture of the cradle; it sounds too cute! And good thoughts for your "suck n' tuck!"

Cajun - hope your boys stay safe!

Later, lovelies!
  • Good Morning Everyone,
    Quote: i have a dr's apt early tomorrow. i have 2 more apts befor i fulfill the ins requirements befor i see the plastic surgeon (june 26th in anch) then we will see if this is even possible,becuz its something i really want but the darn ins company holds the cards.
    Hi Rosey, I REALLY hope that your doctors give you the OK to proceed. Good luck!
    Quote: Just a quick drop in to ask for y'all prayers for all people working in refineries. There was another explosion in a refinery next to my youngest son. 1 was killed and 5 injured. Both my sons are ok. It's very scary. I try not to think about the risk of them in refineries. Just pray a lot for them is all I can do. Cajun
    Hi Cajun, my prayers and best wishes are with you, your sons, and all people working in refineries.
    Quote: [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] Sort of a nice weekend. I’m off work ~ that makes it nice. I was hoping to work on that educational stuff some today, but my head was kind of achy, didn’t feel up to having to think too hard (LOL) so did some other stuff, so it wasn’t totally a wasted day.
    Off to bed soon. Hopefully no headache tomorrow and I can get some of that educational stuff done.
    Hi Gayle, I HATE having stuff I am “supposed” to do that I don’t want to do. It just hangs around my head carping at me while I’m watching TV or playing on the computer – “do me – do me – do me.”
    Good luck getting it done.
    Quote: Hola, All...
    I'm pretty much walking again after a long (LONG!) day working at my sister's house... we're about 95% cleared out, and I can get the house on the market soon, I think.
    Hi Donna,
    I am going up to my sister’s house next week to help my niece clear out my sister’s house. I am NOT looking forward to it. But, I don’t want my niece to do it alone. My daughter has volunteered to go with me & I am REALLY glad she did. My sister was the same weight from high school to age 80. This means she had LOTS AND LOTS of clothes – all size 4.

I am still doing the JC thing, but today I am making Stromboli for my DD & SIL. I will have one of my JC meals and they will have my REALLY GOOD Stromboli. No Problem – I figure I can do anything for 20 weeks (1 lb/week for 20 weeks will get me down my 20 pounds).
    Happy Fathers’ Day to all your men,
    Lynn
  • Seems like there is a lot going on these days, I always feel like I'm forgetting something because I'm not used to being so busy socially. We had the graduation last Sunday and this weekend we had a dance recital (gc) and our dd's race today. It was fun to be outside and we got exercise as we walked a lot. After the race we browsed the outdoor market, had egg rolls for lunch and bought some cherries to take home. I also bought 4 pcs of salted caramel chocolates but didn't like them so gave to dh. I've eaten plenty of other stuff since I got home though. Seems like I can't stop eating...I have to get back on track!

No time for personals as dh is calling me to watch TV with him. Take care, GGs!

ETA: Forgot to say our dd did really well in the 1/2 marathon! She beat her own time by 2 min. Looked really good. We were a bit concerned about her as she was having problems with her knee but she wore a brace and did fine. She didn't even seem tired afterwards...I bet she crashed when she got home though. ;-)
  • Hi everyone.another beautiful sunny day here. after church my dd and grdd picked me up in her new car,its used but new to her and boy is it fancy with all the bells and wistles,sunroof,and push button everything,a slamming stereo "grdd words lol" its black sports car a Lexus. very nice. and my dd grin said it all. at church today i gave the prayer shawl to the lady i made it for. her reaction was strange and when she left she tossed my gift in a chair and left. she didnt want it. made me feel all sorts of things but thought that lady maybe needed someone to pray for her. i gave my gift to the church secretary to give to some other person needing a happy moment. she called later and said it received a good home. sheesh not sure what to make of this,my christian heart says let it go,my human heart wants to kick her to the curb for being so rude,whats your take on this? hoping your weekend was nice. rosey

breakfast
    coffee
    cottage cheese fruit combo

lunch
    wild berry smothie

snack
    nada

dinner
    meatballs and sphagetti
    salad

snack
    2 pieces of strawberry twizzler
    iced tea
  • Good morning ladies
    Weekend was good. Dh and I camped, fished, relaxed. We came home yesterday evening and ds cooked at his new house for fathers day. It was very cozy and relaxing.
    I ate again this weekend. I'm out of control. I talked to myself all weekend encouraging me to start again and to give it 100%. So this morning Im at it again. I'm going to move my ticker up too. I was determined to get back to my ticker weight before moving it. That didn't work so here it goes. My true weight this Monday morning. Last week I was 213. This morning I'm 219.
    The lowest I've been was 205.

Rosey I can't begin to understand people today. Some people have so much rudeness in them. I was taught from an early age and also taught my sons that you put a smile on your face and say thank you for any gifts you receive. Even if it's only a pair of socks. Never throw a gift back into someones face. It's the thought that counts which is priceless. I'm sure you do have mixed emotions but it went to a good home anyway.

Mary keep trying. That's what I'm doing. We can do this!!!

Donna thanks for the prayers. Prayers for you also for the strength to get thru the task of cleaning out your sisters home.

Gayle thanks for your prayers also. I have to put it in Gods hands or it will drive me crazy.

Hi to all I missed
    Hugs Cajun.
  • Went to the gym as usual this morning. I walked really fast (for me) but also got totally messed up on how many times around I went and the time. I usually use my phone to time myself but because I occasionally accidentally pause it somehow I also count on my fingers. I know 13 times around in the inner lane is a mile. Today I messed up on both Dh thinks I walked about 22 min, so I'm sure I went more than a mile as I usually walk a mile in 13-17 min and I was walking faster today as well as longer! I caught up to a friend who goes kinda fast and we walked together for a while which helped the time go by. Then I rode the stationary bike about 15 min (I again got confused as I was talking to another friend!). Did the hand bike 6 min (for my shoulder) and a couple other machines (biceps and abd). Was going to do another one but dh was done, so I quit too. We ran some errands afterwards and are now home to rest. I hope to get my home blessed today (flylady talk) but I'm off to a late start as usual.

Breakfast was cinnamon raisin toast (2 sl) with Smart Balance and tea. We were out of milk. AM snack was my pb mocha frappe. Not sure what lunch will be but dinner will be a chicken/vegetable stir-fry (red peppers, mushrooms and asparagus) and rice. I usually eat 1/4-1/2 c rice.

Cajun - I can so relate to being out of control. I was really binge eating yesterday. I realized that that happens when we don't eat regular meals. I have to make sure I don't just snack eat...I need to have a regular meal and that is not the way I want to do it. But I never give up trying. My weight is up again too. I just go up and down. For me a large part of it is prioritizing my day and the timing of my meals. It's just like with housework, I have to have a schedule or I get totally distracted and nothing gets done. With eating if I don't have meal plans and time my meals, I start snacking and binging. Evenings are the hardest. I agree...never give up, we can do this!

Rosey - So sorry about the ladies reaction! I know that must have hurt. We can't change other people, we can only pray for them. You did a good thing...maybe that that prayer shawl was really meant for someone else who will appreciate it. Your dd's car sounds really nice...I really like Lexus too. Our youngest dd used to have one. I used to tell her we'd buy it from her when she upgraded (they change cars every 2-3 years not 10-18 like us!), but she changed before we were ready so we didn't get it.
  • ARRRRRGH....they broke a blinking water pipe and whole town has no water!
  • Good evening GG's

Yippee ~ after a couple days of withdrawals, I am able to get back on 3FC.

Got off work on time ~ another yippee. So now I can gork a little this evening. I probably should be working on that "other stuff", but like Lynn ~ Grrrr at that stuff hanging over my head ~ I want to do something fun with my time off ~ not work related stuff. Trying also not to let thoughts of scum boy and scum mama and that whole mess invade my thoughts and ruin my evening. My stomach feels better tonight. Enjoying a nice salad for supper. Wanted that last night, but by supper time and dose of that crap (scum boy) my stomach was all in knots and I couldn't eat that.

to you too Bobbi

K3 ~ sorry about the water situation ~ hope they get it fixed soon.

Mary ~ sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend.

Cajun ~ your weekend sounded nice also. You'll get your eating back under control.

Rosey ~ so sorry about that lady's reaction to your gift ~ geesh what is wrong with people. They say things happen for a reason ~ maybe the lady who did get it needed it more and will appreciate all the love that went into making it.

Lynn ~ one pound a week for 20 pounds would be an awesome accomplishment ~ you go girl

Donna ~ prayers for you and your hips while you do all this hard work. Sorry for the pain. Sending some pain free wishes for you.

Hello Emaline, Deelee, and K31 ~ any one else I missed too.

Hope you all are having a nice evening and wishes for a restful sleep for all.

Take care
  • Hola!

Gayle - I decided to brave this site again, too... I only get that scary message on Firefox, not on IE or Chrome. I just run a virus scan immediately after I'm on this site... and hope for the best!

Bobbi - LOVELY to see your wave! How are things? Are you still married??????????????

Not much to report. I had a really, really busy day, got a lot accomplished. I
    had the first pedicure of my life today, and I liked it! Since I can't bend at the hip, I can't polish my toes... and I do like purty toes for summer. This wasn't that expensive, and it was so relaxing! I'll go back in a month, for sure!

I think I'll go watch a wee bit of tv or maybe read... and then early to bed. It's been nice, weather-wise, and it's been cooler and rainy, so I'm loving that; the dreaded heat will probably return on Wednesday, though. Prepare thyself for my whining!

Later, lovelies! Be well!
  • Hi everyone. another gorgeus day here but boy is it hot. very unusual for alaska. im sitting in my sports bra and cutoffs( i wacked off a old pair of sweats) with a fan on not a pretty site lol but more comfortable.Jess i love painted toes too and one of steves more enduring traits is that he does mine for me lol. he's going back to anch on the 27th for the laser treatment on the nerves and disc in his neck and on the july 2 hes having the lump taken out of his back. hopefully he will be on the mend by then.my apt is the 26th. we tried to get it all in one day but dr's wouldnt co-operate hoping your evenings good,im going to watch the voice to see who wins. rosey

breakfast
    coffee

lunch
    lo carb tortilla chix pizza

snack
    coffee mocha
    2 grahm crackers

dinner
    grilled steak
    tomatoe,cuke,avacado salad
  • Ha Ha...he's being a good boy. I did get him to re-arrange the four heads in a row on the wall. I said the room looked like a (red neck slur room ) and he then changed it.
    Quote:
    Bobbi - LOVELY to see your wave! How are things? Are you still married??????????????