3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   May Golden Girls (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/280727-may-golden-girls.html)

Karen3 04-30-2013 08:24 PM

May Golden Girls

I tried six different ways to restart this

Bobbi please add our poem and hurry back we miss you.....k3

Karen3 04-30-2013 08:41 PM

Evening all...Quiet day down here. They promised us rain but never happened. Sorry this was such a mess getting this month's page started I have been yelling for help but guess nobody hears me.

Hired a new cleaner, she came 3 weeks ago and was good. Haven't heard from her since...she was scheduled to come back last Thurs and never showed or answers her cell phone messages. Between bum knees and achy chest it's really hard for me to push a vaccum. So now it takes me 3 days to do what used to be a few hours. Old age sucks!

My one bridge partner's wife has been ill. I made a big pot of Bog...Paula Deene recipe of chicken/rice/sausage for them. Delivered it Sat afternoon and haven't heard a word since???? Know it was good because we ate it, too.

Hopeful somebody will fix this page with our poem...lov'ya k3

Tuscany 04-30-2013 09:25 PM

Hi! I'm Susan and I recently joined the Forum. I'm 55 years old and a single mom to 2 grown children. I didn't do too badly, weight wise, when I was younger. After my kids were born and for a while thereafter, I was in the 120-130 range. But, too many years of working as a professional (lots of time in front of a computer, little to no exercise, too many client lunches and dinners, etc.) have taken their toll, and my weight has steadily risen. I've been on various diets. Each time I lose about 10 or 20 lbs, but I then get busy at work again, only to see the lost weight return and then some. So, it's time to get serious, change my lifestyle, start exercising more and hopefully shed this weight once and for all. I began my diet and exercise program 7 weeks ago and thus far have lost 14 lbs.

Is this the poem you're looking for (I found it in the April Golden Girl thread)? If not, you will need to continue your search!

We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is Love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Karen3 04-30-2013 09:29 PM

Hi Susan...yup that's the poem and I have been trying to transfer it to May page...Welcome to Golden Girls. Pull up your chair and between good advise and cyber hugs you'll get stronger and looking good. k3

Okay...I got a note from Donna and I can highlight the darn poem but can't copy it...thank you all for posting it! blahhhhhh not my day.....made a peach cobbler and forgot it was in the oven....peach crunchmaybe.... senior moment I suppose!

ps Donna get better!

glynne 04-30-2013 10:05 PM

Good evening GG's,

Thank you K3 for starting our new thread.

Welcome Susan ~ and thank you for adding the poem.

Bobbi ~ take it easy ~ you and Bruce. It is exciting though.

Donna sorry you have been so sick ~ hope you feel better soon and that it doesn't return.

Cajun ~ glad you had a nice weekend.

Rosey ~ glad you got to enjoy some sunshine and reading on your deck.

Mary ~ how was the Murder Mystery Dinner theater?

Hi K31.

Back to work tomorrow.

Hope you all rest well.

Karen31 04-30-2013 10:07 PM

Karen-- I don't know but can you "copy and paste" the original poem back in to your first post? I don't have a clue how to start a thread

Karen31 04-30-2013 10:13 PM

Welcome Susan-- jump in and pull up a chair.

Bobbi, sounds like you and Bruce are staying really busy. Sure hope you are taking pictures aas you go. So much fun to go back and look at them.

Donna, sure hope you are feeling better tonight. Let us know.

Gayle, hope you enjoyed your "sunshines" Have a good day off.

akrosey49 04-30-2013 10:22 PM

Hi everyone. bobbie you make me tired too but how exciting.K 31 i want to try that recipe sounds yummy,i made a soup like stew today using barley,turned out really good. i love one pot meals.Donna so sry you have been sick,change your tooth brush so u dont reinfect yourself :hug:. spent some time on the deck. steve was trying to get pics of me and the dogs. they wouldnt co-operate lol tootsie was sitting on my shoulder. steve went to visit his mom last night. shes 91 and has dementia. at times i think she knows what she says even if it hurts becuz she apologizes the next day, anyways she said some really mean things last nite. its hard to let it go becuz she was a terrible parent and what she said steve experienced all his life. i was so angry at her and the nice guy that he is,he still is doing his duty to her even tho she doesnt deserve it. i admire him for it. id like to smack her. :devil: thxs for listening :hug: rosey :wave:

breakfast
coffee
yogurt

lunch
1 slice pizza
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
barley stew

jess1 04-30-2013 10:25 PM

KarenFL - I posted the poem into a PM for you. Just highlight it, copy it, go to your original post, hit edit, and you can put the poem into your post. Thanks for doing this!

I do feel some better tonight. I discovered Mucinex DM ($15 a box!! Better be good!), and it seems to be working. Boss lady sent me home early, so I took a nap. If this damn stuff doesn't come back on me again, I'll be a happy, happy sprite!

Time to change to my May pictures! Later, lovelies!

maryea 05-01-2013 12:04 AM

Hi everyone, just now have time to post. Today is my dh's birthday and NOT a day for dieting! At least we did go to the gym! I did a mile walking and jogging (I walk fast but jog slowly...wierd!), plus my usual routine.

Our dd took us out to lunch and I thought I did pretty well ...house salad and 1/2 cheese bread, but then when the waitress found out it was dh's birthday she brought him a large piece of pecan pie a la mode and of course I had to help him eat it...dd and the gc ate a few bites too, thank goodness. It had caramel bourbon sauce on it and was VERY rich but SO yummy!

Then we went to a Japanese buffet for dinner as dh's been wanting to try it and his meal was free since it was his birthday. Again, my downfall was the dessert and actually it wasn't all that good. The other food was but not the dessert..IMHO anyway...but I still ate it, stupid, right? Never eat something you don't really care about unless you're starving. I must remember that....
Tomorrow is my "weigh-in" day but I don't think I'll lose now. Maybe I'll make my "weigh-in" day Thurs instead. :D

Anyway here's my sad eating day:
breakfast
pb mocha

lunch
smallish salad (even had bacon and eggs in it)
1/2 cheese bread
shared pecan pie a la mode with dh

afternoon snack
sunflower seeds

dinner
Japanese buffet - Oh my!

Donna - Glad you're feeling better. My dd likes that product.

Rosey - Sorry about your mil. Some people know what they are saying but can't seem to stop themselves due to issues they have inside themselves. At this stage of her life she is not likely to change but maybe she is sorry afterwards. It must be very difficult to endure and I admire how well you and your dh handle it.

Glynne - We enjoyed the mystery theater dinner. It was silly and fun, something I wanted to do once but don't really care about doing again. The food was better than I expected, but dh didn't like his. My team (those at our table) figured out who did it but so did most of the others.

Tuscany - Welcome to the GGs! This is a good group.

Karen3 - I hate when people do that...don't show, don't call, nothing! I have never had a cleaning lady but I've had lots of guys not show up for work when I said they would and not even have the decency to call. It seems to be difficult to find reliable people any more. Thanks for starting the thread.

Bobbolink 05-01-2013 08:28 AM

Thanks K3:wave::hug:

Karen3 05-01-2013 10:00 AM

Bobbbi.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: k3

Cajunlady165 05-01-2013 10:22 AM

Good morning ladies
Monday morning I got on the scale after not being on it a few weeks. I knew my smallest pants were too tight to wear and I was trying to get back on my diet with no success. My lowest weight was 205. Monday morning it was 219.5. Wow. I wasn't surprised though. I felt bad and no exercise. I have worked too hard this last year to go back to wear I was. I dig real deep and looked at myself and knew what I had to do. So Monday morning I started over and forced myself to start jogging on my mini trampoline. All I could do was 15 minutes and I was done. Yesterday I did 20 minutes. I'm fixing to get on it after this post and I'll try to add a few more minutes. I need to do this so bad. If I can get thru this week and the next I think my body will quit craving the carbs.

It's time to jog. Be back after for personels
Hugs
Cajun

Cajunlady165 05-01-2013 11:13 AM

Yay I did my jogging. Added 5 minutes. I will get back to where I was.

Karenfl thanks for taking Bobbi's place. I don't know what I would do without you ladies. People don't want to work. They want everything free. The farmers are having to hire Mexicans to do farm work because they can't find anyone that wants to work and is dependable. Hope you find yourself another cleaning lady.

Susan we are glad you joined our group. These ladies are awesome. There is nothing you can talk about. We are all in this together. Thanks for helping Karen out with the poem. Congrats on the 14 lb weight loss. AWESOME. Your doing great.

Gayle I think most of my weekends are nice. I live for weekends. Dh and I are either fishing hunting or camping.

Karen31 how have you been?

Rosey your dh is doing what he can do and will have no regrets. I'm told when people have this disease its so hard on the kids because of things that are said that are hurtful. We always try and remember the good visits before the illness took control of them. We have a family member that we just went thru that.

Donna I hope you get to feeling better.

Mary I admire you so much with your exercise and dieting. You never give up. That pecan pie sounded dangerous. Lol

Bobbi I can't wait to see your pics. You and your dh sounds like my dh and I when we are on a project.

Out of time
Hi to all

Hugs
Cajun

maryea 05-01-2013 03:51 PM

Hello everyone! I gained .6# after yesterday's big eating day. I'm back on track so far today ..LOL ..only one meal so far. I had a rough night last night...a family concern, plus arm pain. Even my other arm was hurting..sympathizing I guess. :?: Anyway didn't get much sleep even though I took pm pain med. So I didn't go to the gym. Dh went to the gym and now is out getting a haircut while I putter around here. Haven't done much housework this week so hoping to catch up a bit this afternoon and I want to go to Bible study tonight.

Meals so far:
Breakfast
pb mocha with added protein

lunch
turkey and ham sandwich
canned peaches and 1 oz cheese

Afternoon snack
Peanuts
Hot cider

dinner - yummy!
1/2 salmon filet
red potatoes - abt 1/2 cup - both potatoes cooked together in my "waterless" cookware, then drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled with herbal provence. I wasn't sure I'd like them but I really did.
sweet potato - abt 1/4 cup
asparagus stir-fried in a little olive oil
1/2 med apple

Eve snack
1/4 c peanuts
4 Pc chocolate

Cajun - I am amazed how fast the weight comes back on if we let up even a little! But keep working at it. You'll be that much healthier for it. And no, I never will give up as long as I am able.

Tuscany 05-01-2013 07:23 PM

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Mary: A belated happy birthday for DH, and not to worry about the .6#...it was for a good cause.

Rosey: That's a tough situation with your MIL and I can understand your frustration.

Cajun: Jogging on a trampoline...is that as much fun as it sounds?

Well, I stuck to my diet today, but I didn't exercise as much as I had planned. I did my usual (1.5 mile) jog/power walk plus a short weight-lifting workout...but then I stubbed my baby toe. It is now totally purple, hurts like heck, and I'm limping. That has put an end to any more exercise for today. Hopefully it will improve by morning.

A wonderful evening to all!

Karen3 05-01-2013 08:52 PM

Evening all....sitting here with hugh desire to graze in the kitchen. Not hungry just wanna chew on stuff. Played bridge today with my summer partner Bob instead of my winter partner the other Bob. Came in 1st which helps my ego a bunch. BUT I wanna graze!

Donna... are you feeling better?

Bobbi....pictures soon or we are all coming to your new house in mass!

Cajun...If I can't graze neither can you! We'll stop by your house and sew your lips shut!

Rosey....Never worry about DMIl. Mine was the gitch from h*ll! Just ask DH and he'll say the same thing. Evil would cover it well.

Mary...is it MSG that did you in? Water Water Water

Ladies don't forget Donna still is in charged of our posse and any screw ups she will be a calling.

I lost this and got it back...phew better post k3

akrosey49 05-01-2013 11:25 PM

Hi everyone,spent some time on the deck,tried to get pictures of all the dogs, haha on me they wouldnt co-operate all i got was blurrs,tails and butts lol
i finished the baby quilt for my niece. and now am working ona prayer shawl for a lady at church. shes in a wheel chair and appears to be suffering poor thing,i gave her a hug and told her i knew how she felt. after all that was me a few yrs ago. while in the hosp the chaplain gave me a hand knit prayer shawl, bright pink, and i still use it and remember how much i meant to me. when its done i'll ask to have it blessed by the congregation. i love our very informal and humble church. and it makes me feel good to play it forward. thank you for all the support over the mil. im so mad at her,shes been a terrible parent all his life. some people shouldnt have kids but if she hadnt i wouldnt have my wonderful hubby. gee im rereading this and im all sappy today :dizzy: so on that note happy happy happy( duck dynasty :p) rosey :wave:

breakfast
coffee

lunch
barley soup

snack
coffee mocha
1/4 c almonds

dinner
grilled moose burger
salad

snack
sf fudgesicle

akrosey49 05-02-2013 01:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures

glynne 05-02-2013 07:05 AM

Great pics Rosey ~ Your beautiful smile ~ enjoying your doglett and the sunshine. Your quilt is beautiful also and Steve's smiling eyes :)

Bobbolink 05-02-2013 08:40 AM

Good Morning...We're snowed in today, late spring storm is upon us. I took pictures, very beautiful out. Everything is closed today, schools and businesses both. I took my yard stick out and so far we have 16 1/2" and it's still coming down.
Rosey...love the design on your baby quilt, fantastic job!

Since we're stuck home, will do more packing today and rest our bodies.

Have a good one.

jess1 05-02-2013 09:36 AM

Good Morning, All...

Bobbi - lovely to see your lovely face! We got about 6" of snow yesterday, too, according to my backyard bushes. This is ridiculous.... it's MAY, not March! How are all the renovations coming? When did you say you're closing on your present house, meaning when do you have to move out? Looking forward to PICTURES, please!

KarenFL - you're carrying your matriarch role very well!.. or HeadCrone or whatever you want to be called! How about QueenCrone?

Gayle - you sound perky. I loved your description of Rosey's "doglett", too cute! Isn't that little mutt a cutie?? What a personality!! How goes your life, girlie?

Rosey - as always, you did a lovely job on the quilt, and your baby is going to LOVE it and cherish it! Mr. CP looked happy, too... are you both feeling well? And Tootsie is NOT a mutt!!

Tuscany - welcome!

I'm finally down to the dregs in this second bout of the cold/virus/near death. This was much worse than the first time, and CK says she got it THREE times! I don't think I can survive another. I'm back to work, but I also come home and go right to bed. It's been pretty awful, and that's not just me whining. Onward and upward! Thanks for all the good wishes.

I have lost 7# with this crud, though. It'd be nice if I could keep it off! I'm going to try gluten free for a while and hope that that helps the hips. I haven't had but a twinge of pain in a week, and I don't understand that... but I'll take it! My friend said she'd gone wheat free, but wheat is in EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING (even Russell Stovers chocolates, in bbq sauce, EVERYTHING). The gluten-free is pretty popular and easy (but expensive!), and I don't know how one could go wheat free. Anyway, she says she's retired her cane. Worth trying!

Better get rolling, but I wanted to check in.

maryea 05-02-2013 12:09 PM

Well, as I figured my weight was down 1.4# today so as Karen3 said it was all about the water. I got a better sleep last night (and without meds) but I'm still tired. About to go to the gym and I have PT this afternoon too. The sun is shining, the squirrels and birds are out competing for the bird seed as usual. All is well.

breakfast
oatmeal with apple and a bit of brown sugar blend and milk

Dh is calling me, so no time for personals.

Cajunlady165 05-02-2013 01:56 PM

Good afternoon ladies
I've been hurting in my hips with burning. I can't sleep on left or right side. I went to the chiropractor yesterday. He said my hips were over rotated. He cracked me back in place but I think I'm out again.
We are getting more rain. They are saying a cold front will come thru at midnight and it will be cold tomorrow. WHAT we are in May not February. Surey will mess up the fishing. :(.
They came this morning in the mud and put ds's water meter. Hopefully the poles will be next.
I didn't think I would be able to jog this morning but I did. I could have very easily talked myself out of it but I didn't. My eating is going well so far. I think I finally got my head in the right place. I feeling good. Way more energy. I think it's the sugar that makes me feel so tired.

Susan I bought a mini trampoline at wal mart. It cost 35 dollars and the best thing I've ever done. I work at home and it helps me get my exercise in while working. It very forgiving on the joints. I get quiet a workout. When I first got on it I couldn't do 5 minutes. It makes lots of muscles hurt. I stopped for awhile but I'm back at it. When I was doing it 5 days a week with dieting the lbs were falling off my hips. Every six weeks I was dropping a size. I dropped 6 sizes between february and October. It works. How is the toe today?

Karenfl i had to laugh at sewing the lips. It's a good idea. Did you get over your grazing problem.

Rosey I loved your pictures. Baby quilt is darling. The pic of dh holding your quilt caught my eye. From what I could see your home is very rustic. Absolutely gorgeous. Thats our style. Ds is planning to build an outdoor kitchen to look like that. I would love to see more of the room. What's with the rope hanging with the noose? A reminder to dh to not get out of line. Lol. Just kidding. Love the spindles on the stairs.

Bobbi glad you could drop in. I wanted to ask you about your house. Is it closer to town? Less land to care for? Smaller house? Will you be finished with your house by the time you have to get out of your old one.

Donna I'm glad you are feeling better.

Mary congrats on your weight loss. Keep it up.

Hello to all
Hugs
Cajun

akrosey49 05-02-2013 02:32 PM

:wave:
a quick fly by i'll be back later, thankyou for the atta girls. jess i said butt not mutt:rofl: cajun our house is all log anda work in progress, my dh cu the logs and built,including cupboards,furniture and stair case (birch branchs) i love my home and its very comfy and not fancy. the ropes are bungees with toys attached for the dogs lol the big rope on the log beam is an indoor swing for the grands,even tho they are older they still use it and so do some of our adult friends. hope that answers some questions.. ttfn rosey

Bobbolink 05-02-2013 05:56 PM

I was a bit depressed today while packing up my dining room dishes and depression glass. Don't know what got into me, lonesomeness for my home before we even move.

Cajun..Our new/old home is in town but on the city limits next to a huge woods. It was built in 1945, has plaster walls and hardwood floors as most of them did back then. We are actually downsizing and the lawn can be mowed in 20 minutes.

We hired a crew to build a new double garage on the lot, they will also pull out all the windows in the house and replace them. He's willing to help Bruce set all the new kitchen cabinets we ordered from Lowe's. Hopefully the cupboards will arrive soon.

We have a plumber replacing all the hot water heating in all the rooms, can't wait for that. Great for people like me with allergies.

We're going to have a bundle of money tied up
in the house when we're finished but we purchased it sooooooooooooooo cheap. It's a story and 1/2 with a dormer window upstairs, I love it. All knotty pine upstairs and no cat smell up there. Actually, no cat smell on the ground floor either, just a slight smell down in the basement. One more application of bleach and that will be history. Bruce pulled off all the plaster board rooms in the basement and most of the basement smell left with the junk we threw in the dumpster. We're on our 3 large dumpster so you can imagine all the old house we're disposing of.

I've finished painting all the cement walls down there, will do the whole floor when we get the old freezer and vintage double cement sink out. I checked ebay to see if the huge double sink had an value, it does! $100.00 starting bid. I called the historical museum today to see if they want it for free if they come haul it out. Haven't heard back from them yet, everything was closed because of the snow storm. Does anyone remember those cement sinks that has a wash board molded right into them? I think it's pretty cool but Bruce hates it and wants it gone.:dizzy:

No, we won't be finished by the time we move in on May 31st. It'll probably take us all summer to get everything put back together again. Today Bruce called a guy to come over and give us a quote on refinishing the hardwood floors. We were going to do it ourselves but not able to get it done by the time we move in. Waaaaayyyyy too much work for a 67 & 69 year old couple like us.

Pictures? What pictures, I don't even have time to pee.
My camera batteries were dead when I tried to take pictures of the kitchen before, only have after it was gutted.

Quote:

Bobbi glad you could drop in. I wanted to ask you about your house. Is it closer to town? Less land to care for? Smaller house? Will you be finished with your house by the time you have to get out of your old one.

Bobbolink 05-02-2013 06:13 PM

I just tried to post 5 pictures I did get and they won't upload?

Tuscany 05-02-2013 07:12 PM

Rosey: What a beautiful quilt. I'm useless when it comes to crafts, but you're very talented.

Bobbi & Jess: Snow in May...oh my! We had an ice storm in April and I thought that was bad. I hope you get some good weather soon.

Mary: Glad to hear the weight came off as quick as it went on, and then some.

Cajun: Thanks for the info on the trampoline. You have convinced me to get one this weekend, especially when you said "the lbs were falling off my hips". That's all I needed to hear! I carry most of my weight from the hips down. I can exercise, but I'm useless at anything that involves any sort of jumping motion, including running. So, I will give the trampoline a shot.

I stuck to my diet plan today. My toe is still discoloured, but I'm walking fine today and it doesn't hurt. I walked on my treadmill this morning and then did a 2 mile brisk walk outside this afternoon, plus some squats and "baby" lunges. Still working on the lunges. Getting down is no problem; it's the getting back up part that kills me. The rest of today, I sat in front of a computer working, and I have more of that in store for tonight...story of my life.

Have a great evening ladies!

Susan

debbieOBX 05-03-2013 09:09 AM

Hello Ladies,

I have Not been around and not paying attention. I really need help. I'm over 300 lbs again, and i leave Sunday for 15 nights.

I'm doing the Panama Canal Cruise and when i return i need to come back.

The support here is awesome, and i love moving my ticker to a lower number.

I should be back May 21. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

debbie
TICKER IS WRONG.

Cajunlady165 05-03-2013 12:51 PM

Hi y'all

52 degrees in may. :/. That's crazy. Supposed to be 43 tonight.
Exercise done for the week. I did my jogging 5 days in a row. I will not this weekend because I will we doing some yard work. Dh is repairing our well house so we can paint it. I think ds will be able to trench for his water and electrical. Busy weekend
My freezer alarm keep going off in my utility room. It's still frozen. Repair man said may be simple to fix. Ds has the perfect solution for our problem he said " I'll fix it and you give it to me and buy you a new one". It's perfect he said. Lol. We do want another on that opens in the opposite direction be cause you have to get in the corner to open it and it's hard if you have stuff in your hands. So that's what we may do. What we do for our kids lol.

Bobbi sorry to read that you are sad. I kinda know how you feel. We had lost our home to the hurricane and had to get a new home and when they disposed of our old one I actually cried. Both our sons were raised in that house. We had a lot of good memories. But it all good now. It did take me about a year to feel like home though. I'm sure dh will be glad to cut only 20 minutes.

Rosey your home sounds wonderful and exactly the type of home that's our style. Rustic and simple.

Susan I love the workout the trampoline gives me. I do it 5 days a week. It may take a few weeks to see results but you will. I also jog to music. It makes the time go by fast. Mine has a meter on it. It shows how many calories you burn (don't think it's that accurate) how many times you jump. That is what I go by. I enjoy it. I'm the first to admit I hate exercise. I don't like to sweat. Lol.

Debbie enjoy your vacation and we will see you when you get back. Looking forward to getting to know you and we can help each other along the way.

Hi to all

Hugs
Cajun

maryea 05-03-2013 10:08 PM

I could swear that I already posted today but I can't find it.:?: So if it's hiding here somewhere (you know I'm good at hiding things!:dizzy:) some of this may be a duplication.

We went to the gym as usual and then went to the mall and I bought some workout capri pants. Had to get a petite to get the length I wanted. In long pants that doesn't always work as sometimes petite is too short (and regular too long!) but in shorts and capris it usually works for me anymore (since I've shrunk in height). Then we came home to do housework (me), and yard work (dh). It got to 79 today again. Very nice but a bit warm if working outside.

I'm achy these days ...not only my injured arm but my other arm and my lt leg plus the back of my rt knee is giving me trouble. It seems to spasm when I'm walking sometimes (like it's giving out) and is kinda sore all the time now...I'm wondering if this is what people call their knee buckling? I'm also wondering if I have arthritis in it. I haven't had any trouble with arthritis before. I also have trouble with my left ankle suddenly feeling weak and kind of hurting and I have to limp until it goes away. I have had this every now and then for some time now. When I get on the track and start walking, I feel better but am a bit anxious about jogging when my ankle feels like it could go out on me any minute.:( Now that I'm 70 it seems like I am falling apart! Sorry to be so complaining but it's just a fact. I'm not letting it hold me back.

Tonight we are on our own for dinner. Dh is having an asian frozen entree with rice. Not sure yet what I'm having since I kinda snacked off and on all afternoon.:o

breakfast
PB mocha - forgot and used a tablespoon of pb but added a little extra protein.
1/4 lg apple

lunch
3 chicken drumettes
little less than 1/2 c potato salad

afternoon snack
individual size ice cream - 160 cal
sunflower seeds
1/2 c canned peaches with 1 oz cheese

dinner
vegetable beef soup and crackers

Cajun - we used to have a small trampoline and I enjoyed it even though I wasn't much into exercise in those days.

Debbie - A cruise sounds great...have fun!!

Bobbi - I'm sure you ARE very busy with all that fixing up your house..glad you are getting some help. I know I'd feel sad living our house too as we've been here 36 years and raised our children here...our oldest dd was 12 and our ds 8 but the younger ds was only 18 mo and the youngest dd was born here in the house. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new home though..it's just a change and change is harder as we get older.

akrosey49 05-04-2013 12:23 AM

Hi :wave: had a nice day. it was raining hard till mid-day then the sun came out. managed some time on the deck. its my quiet spot and seem to crave it. did some house work,and worked on the prayer shawl im making. i invited my dd and grdd for dinner. she been working alot and her dh is out of town so thought id pamper them abit. we had great time. hoping your weekends peaceful. :hug: rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
sm slice of pizza

snack coffee mocha
1/4 cup almonds

dinner
1/2 chix breast
1/2 c mashed potatoes with 2 T gravy
green salad

snack
sf fudgesicle

jess1 05-04-2013 09:18 AM

Good Morning, All...

Just checking in... nothing much to report.

I'm feeling better, but I can still hear a rattle in the upper right lung. I hope that goes away soon, don't LIKE that! My weight has been stable for the last couple of days, so I think I lost an official 5# through this. I'll take it, even though it was a rough way to lose it!

Rosey - your deck time sounds lovely! I'll bet it's really pretty there this time of year. We're finally getting some warmth and sun, too. I'm ready for some spring weather, and I hope it doesn't just jump into summer. Everything is so green and lush after all the snows.

Nothing on the agenda for today, just normal domestic things. Blah, blah, blah type stuff.

Hope you're all well! Later!

maryea 05-04-2013 01:40 PM

Just a quick post this am. we are going to our dd's for a BBQ this afternoon and I am taking a pineapple upside down cake so need to get it made. Looks like a nice day and supposed to get nice and warm. I've been getting too much sodium and my weight is up again today and the BBQ probably won't help. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Tuscany 05-04-2013 03:37 PM

Cajun: Thanks so much for the tip on the trampoline. I bought one earlier today and tried it out. I haven't been able to jog for more than 10 seconds in as long as I can remember, but I had no problems jogging on the trampoline. I think I will very much enjoy it! I hope your yard work is going well.

Mary: Sorry to hear about your troubles with your knees and ankles...not fun. I hope you enjoy your BBQ this afternoon.

It's a beautiful day here today. I went for my walk this morning, plus I jogged on my new trampoline. The weather is so nice that I think I will go for another walk this afternoon. I'm fortunate in that I live in a very quiet rural area, and I just love my walks. I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

akrosey49 05-04-2013 10:52 PM

:wave: a gorking kinda day :D :hug: rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
1/2 ham and cheese sand
slice watermelon

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal mini bag micro popcorn

dinner
lean cusine salad fix'ns
chix cranberry.add your own lettuce

snack
Kind (natural no additives dried cherrys and nut bar with dk chocolate)

maryea 05-05-2013 06:13 PM

We had a nice time at the BBQ yesterday but I know I ate too much. Then today after church we went out to eat and again, I felt stuffed when I left. So know I overdid again. At least I didn't order dessert. Having trouble with eating out. Just can't eat salads all the time. Here at home I do ok. I am not tracking today though. It's a beautiful day...wish I could get over this achiness and enjoy it. Think I'll take a nap, maybe that will help.

This is a good site: http://www.coachcalorie.com/

Rosey - You are so consistent, I admire that.

akrosey49 05-05-2013 11:19 PM

it was a beautiful day here,the sunshine was wonderful :D

breakfast
1 egg
1/2 hashbrown pattie
sm slice ham
coffee

lunch
cheese stick
10 tiny pretzel twists
vegie sticks(carrotts,celery,cukes,green pepper)
fat free ranch dressing for dip

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
sm breaded pork cutlet with sf apricot jam
brocollii with cheese

snack
sf fudgesicle

Bobbolink 05-06-2013 07:48 AM

:wave:

Cajunlady165 05-06-2013 11:08 AM

Good morning ladies,
What a weekend. I'm tired. Friday afternoon after work dh and I peeled 2 sacks of crawfish and put that in the freezer. Saturday morning I went into town to do a little shopping and run errands. I got back about noon and helped dh work on the water well shed. We stopped about 3 and went to the pond and ran the crawfish traps. We caught 5 sacks. Came back home and peeled 2 of the sacks. Fell into bed that night. Yesterday I cooked lunch and brought over to ds's house. They were trenching the water and electrical lines. We hauled pipe for the men. Came back home and boiled the other 3 sacks of crawfish. Sister and bil,brother and sil and our moms came over to eat. Fell into bed last night so tired.
My eating was ok this weekend with only a couple mess ups. Nothing too bad. I just finished my jog this morning. I feel pretty good today.

Susan I'm glad you are enjoying the mini trampoline. I sure do. It has been one of the reason I dropped 6 sizes. Every week since I started back I try to increase my jumps. Did yours come with a meter? The thing I like about it is it's easy on the joints and you still get the benefits of jogging.

Bobbi I hope your renovations are going well.

Rosey I'm glad you got your sunshine. We were chilly yesterday with wind and sunshine. Overall it was a beautiful day.

Mary I think I'm taking in too much sodium too. We have been boiling a lot of crawfish that are highly seasoned and it's been keeping my weight up. My rings are tight from the fluid.

Hello to everyone.
I have some work to catch up on.
Hugs
Cajun