Old 05-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #46  

OMG Lynn im so glad you are back,you have been missed for sure gayle sry you are hurting,hope it gets better soon. a nice day here again,sat on the deck read in the sun today with tootsie on my shoulder lol. hope your day was good too. rosey

breakfast
coffee
protein bar

lunch
slice of pizza
watermelon chunks

snack
coffee mocha
8 triquits crackers( the new ones made with br rice,i had the sweetpotatoe onion ones super yummy)

dinner
sm bowl moose chilli

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-06-2013 at 11:34 PM.
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Gayle,

It is really good to be back. Reason for my absence - as best as I know, I was really depressed about my DD's illness and about their moving to FL. I felt kind of adrift - not knowing if I would be moving in with them or be separated from my DD. Now that things have been decided, I feel better. They LOVE FL - even when it is 90 degrees and VERY humid. My bet is that they will end up living here year-round. I will visit. My DD had her thyroid zapped and is now struggling with getting the meds to work right.

While I have been gone, my weight stayed the same - 145 lbs this morning - but I have NOT been eating healthily. Between being depressed and having this esophogeal problem, I have been eating mostly carbs and fat - almost no fruits and veggies. I want to get back to eating right.

We came down to FL at the beginning of April. I have not joined a gym down here, but we walk a LOT. As soon as I get back home, I want to get back to my regular exercise program. Maybe I will do another 1/2 marathon.

What is going on with your job? How is Madie? What's new with you these days?

Hi Rosey,

I have been thinking a lot about you. I joined a quilter's guild down here in FL. I bought some books and material and quilting supplies, but cannot seem to get up the courage to cut my first piece. Do you hand-piece your blocks? I imagined myself sewing by hand, but everyone around here seems to do everything on a sewing machine. I wish you and I lived closer. I feel like I need a mentor to get started.

I see you are still listing your daily food. How have you been doing with your weight.

To everyone, I have missed being here and I am REALLY glad to be back.

Now I just need to make a plan for eating right and losing my next 10 lbs. Any suggestions?

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lynn. Really glad you are back. How long are you staying in fl? Great job on keeping your weight the same. With all you have been dealing with that's a big accomplishment. I have been playing on my diet since October but now back on plan for part 2 of my weight loss journey. It took a lot of trying to get back on but I'm determined to get to goal.
Sending a Lil prayer for dd that her meds help her.

Hugs
Cajun.
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #49  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Morning', All...

Lynn - I'm so glad to see your smiling face! I hope DD feels better soon... any thoughts that you might like to pack up and move to FL, too?

Things seem to be pretty status quo on this site... up and down, down and up! I'm glad you're back!

I'm nearly well. You talked about your month-long flu. I've had bronchitis that's heading into week #3, and I'm pretty bored. I'm nearly well, though.

Better get ready for work. My hours have been extended, so I'll be whining about being extra tired for a while. It's always something that I find to cry about, isn't it?

Have a good one, everybody. Gayle - take care of that wrist.
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Glad to see you Lynn! It seems like things have been kind of busy here and I haven't even had time to check Words for awhile. Oooops! Sorry will get back to it soon I hope. Are you liking Florida? Have you had thoughts of staying there? I think I might find it hard to leave once I was there. Sure hope you DD starts feeling better real soon.. and remember you need to take care of you too.

Donna, glad to hear that you are feeling better. My last round with the bug only lasted about 24 hours this time. I sure hope it doesn't come back!

Gayle, you sound pretty busy too. How are things with your DD and family? How is your wrist? Hope that gets to feelin' better real soon too.

Rosey, I love the picture I get when you say that you are sitting out on the deck with Tootsie on your shoulder! Ahhh! Love it!

Bobbi--Hello when you get a minute to pop in. I know how busy you must be and before you know it everything will be really spinning. With trying to get moved in and close on your house too. Remember to breathe once in awhile!! LOL!!

Well, I need to get going here. I have a few things to do and then a Dr. appt. at 1:00 just a regular check up. Then need to run and get something for my niece who is graduating on Saturday. She is getting her Masters in Accountancy and has been interning at Pricewaterhouse Coopers for the last year. She is doing so well, very proud of her.

Everyone have a great day. Sorry if I missed you but to much going on in the brain right now!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all...Welcome back Lynn. Waiting for the med dose adjustment is always a problem. How is she feeling? If you need anything I am just a phone call away.

daughters!!!!! Mine went with a friend to look at puppies. Yup she came home with a mini doxie! They already have 3 and now they have a pack. Love the pup's name....Giggles....

Can't tell you how much help having an arthritis pain med helps and I go Thurs for knee shots...gulp....

I wore a size 16 pants yesterday....back down to where I left off....and they were a bit loose!!!!!!! Have had only one person notice at bridge. She's the lady who wanted to give me a size 4X shirt a few months ago. I almost kept it because it was so big I felt tiny.

DS's book at that the publishers. "Zonbie". Should be released this Fall. His oldest DD graduated from college this week. U of Charleston. She is going to England for 2 weeks. Oh that is not misspelled...means ghost like....

DH said that he was hungry for sausage. Sooooo, i have cooked and cooked sausage. We have had Brats, Italian sausage, Kielbasa and hotdogs. Just smear a little mustard on me and I'm good to go.

Doorbell....BBL for personals...k3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #52  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

I probably shouldn't be doing this, but maybe can be brief. (LOL ~ I have trouble with that).

I couldn't get a dr's appointment until Thursday morning. I talked with the boss and will be off work until then. I was maybe gonna try to come in and work, but can only type a few minutes before I start getting bad pain in my hand. If I came in and then had to leave, they wouldn't be able to get a replacement, where as if I just don't come, they can get someone to fill my spot. So, she (me too) was worried that if I tried to work while in pain, that I would end up doing irreversible nerve damage.

It should be a dream come true ~ not having to go to work. But, I can't do much ~ every thing I might want to do, I need my hand for. Even when I watch TV, I am usually doing something else while watching. If I hated my job, maybe.....but I like my job.

It is sunny out here today. Now that Sara and the kids have gone back home ~ I miss my daily dose of Miss Maddie Sunshine.

Ok, I'd better get off.

Hope you all have a nice day.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 178/178/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all,

I am just joining today! I am 70 yrs old and been on that yoyo/rollercoaster weight battle for some time. last year I managed to lose 20# after a year of Jenny Craig, quit and gained it all back! I am now 3 lbs away from my all-time highest weight, and can't seem to get back on any kind of track. I was a member of ediets for several years with some success, mostly due to the support group threads. I have a few things to do before I get REALLY old, and it would be a lot easier and enjoyable if I weren't carrying around the extra weight and could get in better condition.
This seems like a friendly supportive group and I would like to try hanging out with you all!
LindaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome LindaDee!! Jump in and pull up a chair. We always love having new people join us and look forward to getting to know you. You will see we chat about everything here-- Some of us have been around here for a long time and it seems like we all have become really good buddies. I think you will like it here and find us supportive in all you want to do and look forward to hearing ideas and suggestions from you also. Glad to have you join.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls-

I’ve been gone awile but I’ve been thinking about all of you. I’ve been busy with my mother’s recoup after her mastectomy. She’s doing very well but I am so exhausted. I have had a sinus headache for a week - I think it’s allergies cuz no mucus - TMI! When I did have a chance to relax, I just lounged on my bed and watch “Upstairs, Downstairs” (Downton Abbey borrowed a lot of their material from them!) I’m now addicted to “Wire in the Blood.” It seems I have so much thinking/organizing/planning for people in my life. I feel like I’m recovering from…my life.

Karen FL- thanks for my new guilty pleasure! I saw a couple of Doc Martins and laughed out loud at the first one. But then I got hooked on Wire in the Blood. I also watch a lot of Criminal Minds so I get myself really creeped out sometimes. But I can get totally lost in those shows. Takes my mind off things. I’m very familiar with the shots you get in your knee. Probably what I got in my shoulder. Before my last shoulder surgery I had to get 2. Some hurt more than others. They put the Novocain in the front of the shot - right?
It’s worth it. Hope this one is an easy one for you. One of my docs told me I could take something (ibuprofen?) a half hour before. That one did seem better than some of the ones I got in the future.

Gayle - so sorry about your wrist. I haven’t read far enough to find out if you hurt it or if it’s something that developed, like carpel tunnel syndrome. Sounds horrible. I hope you get it figured out and fixed quickly. Ah, read a little more, sounds like it was already sore then you hurt it this weekend. I know you’re a nurse and work in a hospital but I can’t help myself - Have you tried ice packs and anti inflammatory?

Donna - sorry about your illness. Some things drag on drain your energy.

Lynn - Understandable to get depressed when you don’t know where you going to live and your child has health problems. Then everyone with the flu - Hope you’re feeling better. And good for you keeping your weight on track. It’s hard to do when you’re not feeling well. Don’t want to eat crunchy salads with vinegary dressing then,

I’m in the same position as you with the quilting. I love buying the fabric. And I’ve even done some cutting out. I just can’t get myself to go to the sewing machine and stitch things together. My husband has a big, rectangular, felt wall hanging, with his university’s name on it by the pool table in our basement. My son asked me to make one for him. Was working on it until DM's third chemo that put her in the hospital and then the mastectomy. I have to get netflix in the basement. Then I might be more motivated to work on it.

Rosey - Yay for the sun! Enjoy. Tell Lynn and me to get busy on our projects!

I have to go. Hope to be back later! In the meantime, hugs to all!

Last edited by deelee10; 05-08-2013 at 12:44 PM.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaDee View Post
Hi all,

I am just joining today! I am 70 yrs old and been on that yoyo/rollercoaster weight battle for some time. last year I managed to lose 20# after a year of Jenny Craig, quit and gained it all back! I am now 3 lbs away from my all-time highest weight, and can't seem to get back on any kind of track. I was a member of ediets for several years with some success, mostly due to the support group threads. I have a few things to do before I get REALLY old, and it would be a lot easier and enjoyable if I weren't carrying around the extra weight and could get in better condition.
This seems like a friendly supportive group and I would like to try hanging out with you all!
Welcome LindaDee! I lost 20 lbs on Jenny Craig then gained it back. Eventually I did Ideal Protein. Lost 37+ kept it off for a year, then gained back 18. Just lost 10 of that - back on the diet. I think a lot of us have been on the yoyo, rollercoaster thing for many years! This is a great group of very supportive golden girls. Look forward to getting to know you!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #57  

Height: 5'3"

Hi, Lynn...I have missed you and was wondering what happened to you. It seemed like I was a way for a while myself and when I got back you weren't here, so I didn't know. Glad to have you back with us!

We are about to go to the gym. Dh has Thai Chi class this morning so waiting until he needs to go.

Decided to try cutting and pasting my eating from MFT but it requires a lot of editing so not sure I like it either. Anyway this is yesterday.

Breakfast
PB mocha Frappe with added protein

Lunch
5 prunes
4 yellow corn chips
cup nf milk
After I ate I decided to experiment with a new drink...called fat strippin' frappa. It is from the new diet book I've been reading. It is low in calories but high in protein. Tastes kind of like my mocha drink but no caffeine in it in the basic recipe which I made. It makes a large amount so only drank 1/3 of it. Very filling! Contains almond milk, cocoa powder and added whey protein.

Afternoon Snack
Frito Lay - Sunflower Seeds
rest of frappa

Dinner
Abt 1/3 cup rice
1/2 serv chicken and veggie stir-fry (green beans and carrots)
prunes - 17!! They were left out on the counter and I ate most them while cooking and for dessert! Too many carbs!

Evening Snack
Frito Lay - Sunflower Seeds
4 small pcs chocolate

Finished this after returning from gym.

Last edited by maryea; 05-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #58  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Donna, you are soooooooooooo sweet and thoughtful. I was so exhausted when I got home this afternoon but perked right up after seeing a package from you. What beautiful work you do, I love them. Especially the black and white cloth, it will match my new kitchen.
Speaking of new kitchens, Lowe's called and said our cupboard and countertops are in. Friday morning delivery and hopefully we'll get them in early next week.
Welcome back Lynn, I've been thinking about you.

Welcome Linda Dee...it's always nice to see a new face.

I'm gonna take a shower and crash for the night,
Ta Ta.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #59  

evening all, another nice day. we got up early and went to wallmart so i could be assured of having a ridey cart that was fully charged. if you use the carts never go after lunch or later. after we checked out we saw this kid tall and gangly probably late teens standing and gobbling a free cookie and starring at it like it was phycadelic. he then was out of the store looking for ciggarette butts on the side walk and found one and danced a weird little jig,and lighted it up and then sat down and smoked it. he was obviously on something or mentally ill and it made the saddness come out of me to see a young person like that. and im sure he is one of so many LOST kids, dont know his story but i wondered where his family was and even tho i wanted to do something in this world you have to be cautious. sure buggered my day tho.

breakfast
coffee

lunch
locarb tortilla with lettuce tomatoe and turkey,sm amt of mayo
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
popcorn

dinner
shrimp with cocktail sauce
1/2 c brocollii cheese rice

snack
sf fudge pop
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #60  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi All! I've had one of "those" weekends, which for me means bogged down with client work, at least 14 hours each day, sometimes more. I've kept to my diet plan, but I've had to sacrifice a bit on the exercise front, since there are only so many hours in the day.

Cajun: Not sure what you mean by a meter, but I assume some sort of timer. In any event, my trampoline didn't come with anything. I'm still getting the hang of it...although it's much easier than I thought it would be, especially given that I tend to be quite clumsy. I hunted up a few trampoline routines on the internet, which I'll try out when work slows down a bit.

Mary: Thanks for posting that link...I found a few good reads in it. How wonderful that your gd is graduating. I have two adult children, but no sign of grandchildren yet. However, my daughter is getting married next year, so perhaps there's still hope!

Karen31: Congratulations to your niece! I'm a partner at KPMG (one of PricewaterhouseCoopers's competitors). Accounting is a great profession, although it requires too many hours at times

Karen3: Good for you getting back into the size 16. It's great when we're able to fit into some of our old clothes.

Glynne: Hope your wrist is feeling better soon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Susan

Last edited by Tuscany; 05-08-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote