3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

May Golden Girls

Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #151

S/C/G: 281/222/165

Height: 5'2"

Lynn I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm praying for you and your family.
Hugs. Hugs. Hugs
Cajun
Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #152

So sorry to hear about both your sisters...Donna and Lynn...I know that has to be difficult. My sister is 79 and doesn't seem very well. I will be very sad when the time comes too. I wouldn't ever want her to linger in pain but I would miss her so much even though I don't see her often, I know she's there. I lost my brother in Jan, so that's at least three deaths of siblings this year in our group that I know about.

I did not track my eating yesterday but know I ate too much. We had lunch out with son and gf and we were supposed to go to a potluck in the evening but I knew that would just be too hard for me so I told dh to just go on his own but he chose to stay home with me. I always hate to make him miss anything but I do know my limits! My weight was up a pound this morning so I know I made the right decision. So far today I'm doing fine with my eating. I didn't go to the gym this morning but had PT this afternoon. My arm is getting a lot better...there are periods of time I'm not even aware of pain now but then it will suddenly hurt bad and then ache for a while. I think my posture is greatly improved too. I had dh measure me but I haven't gained any height. Was hoping I would as PT said I might. Medicare will only pay for four more visits this year so I will soon be working on it on my own. I have a huge number of exercises to do every day! I will miss the messages though!

So sad about tornado catastrophe in OK! It just seems we get past one catastrophe and another happens anymore. My heart just aches for them, esp the parents of those children!

Rosey - your new puppy is so adorable! How many doggies do you have now?
I know you enjoy them.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #153
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Lynn - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #154

Hi everyone. so sorry for everyones loss's. im thinking about you I spent the day with new puppy Pepper. she is so sweet but hates the kennel and for being so tiny she sure can be loud. the other dogs are fine with her. Maryea i have 4 dogs now 3 little ones and steves lab sadie. and they are all spoiled lol rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
1 egg
chix sausage
1/2 hash brown patty

snack
coffee mocha
6 triquits
slice cheese

dinner
meatlaof
1/2 baked potatoe
brussell sprouts

I am enough!
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #155
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Lynn ~ so sorry about your sister. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #156

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your warm condolences. From past experience, I know that this is a time I need to be particularly vigilant about my diet. Illnesses and deaths of loved ones have always triggered significant weight gain in my life.

For the next few months, at the end of the day, I will post my daily exercise and food.

Lynn
Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #157

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Dear Lynn and Donna,

It is so sad that you both have lost your sisters. I wish I could give you each a hug and kiss. A sister is a special link that shares old family memories. She probably the only one who really knew you and still loved you.

Take your memories and the times you had together as a gift. Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #158
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you, everyone...

KarenFL - I'll take your advice and keep the good memories! Today was really rough. I haven't been able to cry, but I saw the poem which we'll use for the prayer card, and the flood gates just opened. I've been weepy all afternoon.

I'm going to try to go to work tomorrow. I know she'd give me the time off, but I worry about her, since it's pretty much just the two of us at work now... and all the stuff that I can do is done. The rest has to wait. I have to wait 5 days before I can file with the probate court (why?? is she going to rise up and object?), and that's Friday. Friday morning, I'll go one direction to the probate court, then go completely the other direction to meet up with Rie for lunch (yes! I can hardly wait!), then go back to the middle for the memorial service at 3. I'll sleep for my entire weekend, I think!

Anyway, I think we've put together a nice service for her, and I hope MamaDear approves, too. Everyone has been so sweet. I'm very grateful....

Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1 : 05-21-2013 at 08:00 PM.
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #159
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Donna ~ I am so excited that you and Rie are gonna get to meet. That will be so cool.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #160

Yesterday's stats -

30 min exercise

Food (embarassing but honest)

Breakfast - 1/2 protein bar

Snack - Skinny Cow ic sandwich

Lunch - couscous w ginger, craisins & veggies

Dinner - yogurt w strawberries

After dinner - frozen yogurt & 2 pop tarts

Lynn
Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #161

Hi Everyone,

AC - new in summer of 2011 - is not cooling. HVAC folks are supposed to be here today to see what's wrong.

I am not eating enough at meals & then eating too many junk foods. This morning, I did some shopping for good stuff to make. Hopefully, I can substitute healthier snack food & add more substantive lunch & dinner.

Lynn
Old 05-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #162

S/C/G: 281/222/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies

NO movement on that darn scale yet. It's over 3 weeks. Really starting to doubt myself.
Tomorrow I have 4 dr appt. family doctor for blood work at 8. Mammogram at 11. Gynecologist at 1 and chiropractor at 3. What a day off. I'm really curious to see what my labs are going to be.

We woke up to heavy rain and hail this morning. We were up early with the weather. Is it bed time yet? Lol.

We finally finished working on the water well shed and its complete and painted. Yay. We are done. We had about 1 cup of paint left after 18 gallons. I opened the shed door and wrote " I quit" inside. Dh was laughing. He said I was crazy.
Oh we'll I think it's time to go camping and fishing this weekend.

Hello to all.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 05-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #163

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Donna and Rie, I'm so excited that you two get to get together. I'll be thinking about you and wishing I was there too. Have a good time and remember to get pictures to remember this time.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #164

Well, I dropped down a tiny bit .2# this week...hardly enough to mention, but at least it is in the right direction. I'm eating way too much to expect rapid loss but that's ok with me.

Donna - I too am excited you are meeting up with Rie! I know it is a difficult week for both you and Lynn otherwise.

Lynn - Your eating doesn't look that bad to me but then you all know how I eat. I am fortunate that I can still lose on quite a few calories, but of course it is slow and certainly not 100% healthy.

Cajun - Is there anything you can do to get off that plateau...maybe increase your calories one day and then drop down the next...that sometimes works. Or increase your exercise for a while. I hope you see some change soon as I know how discouraging it can be when that scale is so stubborn.

Yesterdays' eating - not so good - estimate 1726 cal
breakfast/brunch - out
blueberry pancakes, with a little bit of butter and sugar-free syrup

afternoon snack (way too much!)
sunflower seeds
prunes - 5
4 pc chocolate
canned peaches - little more than 1/2 cup
cheese - 1 oz

dinner - we just snacked on our one..never a good decision for me!
mixed nuts - 6
prune -1
pb mocha

eve snack
sunflower seeds
abt 85% of a frappa - forgot the fiber (got sick of the taste and threw rest out)

Last edited by maryea : 05-22-2013 at 02:29 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #165

Hi everyone. another cool day here but if i squint my eyes i can see a bit of green on the trees my dd and grdd will be here soon to play with Pepper. she sure is a fiesty little thing and bounces and struts all over and whines when she cant see one of us. this morning she took a nap curled up with the black lab sadie and when i went to get a pic they had moved. alot of my puppy pics are blurrs and butts lol. i too have been struggling with food cravings. i want deseart and all the yummy recipes in facebook dont help a bit. steve is feeling alot better and yesterday was the 1st day in months that he didnt complain once about pain. hope your day is sunny. rosey

breakfast
coffee
orange chix (from wallmart)

lunch
turkey and lettuce roll ups
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
sweet onion trisquits
slice cheddar cheese

dinner (subject to change )
BQ pork ribs
coleslaw
baked potatoe

I am enough!
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.