3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~April Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/278791-%7E%7Eapril-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bobbolink 03-31-2013 04:05 PM

~~April Golden Girls~~

We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? 60 mark? 70 mark? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Karen3 03-31-2013 06:05 PM

Love it Love it...thank you Bobbi k3

Karen31 03-31-2013 09:13 PM

Thank you Bobbi---Hope everyone has had a Happy Glorious Day!!

glynne 04-01-2013 08:01 AM

Thanks Bobbi for our April thread.

Two days down 3 more to go then a day off.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care

Bobbolink 04-01-2013 09:02 AM

Good Morning and Happy April 1st!
We're going to get our loan today on the cat house, hope it's not a bad omen getting it on April Fools Day.
Today I'll keep track of my food and post it again like Rosey. I don't want to lose any weight, just keep it where it's at. Last week I made a beef hotdish with elbow macaroni, ate twice what I should have. Had a piece of lemon cake? Nope, 2 or 3 pieces? Yup.
If I write it down and know I have to confess, maybe I'll think before I shovel it in.
You all have a great spring day.

Cajunlady165 04-01-2013 11:31 AM

Good morning goldens
I've had so much trouble with this website. It didnt recognize my username or password. Finally I got a new password. I was going into panic mode. You ladies on here have become my lifeline. I think of you as my friends. Thank you Bobbi for keeping the golden girls. I was screaming no no and couldnt get on to let you know that.
I had both my sons and their girls here for the weekend. Had an awesome time. Busy busy. Good Friday we went crawfishing. We had a crawfish boil and fish fry at my house for family and friends. Saturday morning we went to the camp to cut the grass. We got back and went to a boat landing/cooking grill on the lake and had a few drinks and ate supper. It was nice to be all together. My sister and bil came with us. Sunday we had about 30 adults and 8 children for a barbecue. Dh did an awesome job cooking. My mom says you have to lick your elbows his barbecue is so juicy. Lol. After lunch some friends were here that played the guitar and sang. Youngest son and dh joined him on their guitars and played. We had such an awesome day. I ate all kinds of food this weekend. Desserts were out of control. Today I'm starting back on my diet. Hopefully I can get the weight gain off.
We are waiting for ds trailer home to come in this week. He's excited.
I have things to do. I'll be back a little later with personals.

Love y'all
Hugs
Cajun

Cajunlady165 04-01-2013 12:17 PM

Bobbi~ good luck with the purchase of your new home. I hope you get to sale your current home. Thank you again for keeping GG.

Deelee~ how did it go at your future dil parents house for Easter.

Karenfl~ I don't like the sand too much but I do envy your Florida beaches unlike our Louisiana ones. Muddy and polluted with oil spills.

Sharmenu~ I envy your dedication to exercise. I think I'm lazy for exercising. After work im pooped.

marygee~your fire story gave me a good laugh. I assume you got to the root
of your detector problem.

Gayle~I feel the same way. I was on the 100 lb forum but didn't feel comfortable. There was so many people that came and went. It was hard to get to know them. Love GG.

maryea~how's that arm feeling?

Rosy~did Steve get his results yet from the dr.

Hi , Karenmo, Donna hope y'all had a good holiday.

Hugs
Cajun

Karen31 04-01-2013 12:33 PM

Happy April 1 everyone!!

Bobbi-- I am so excited for you on the new house. Can't wait to see pictures! Thanks for keeping us up and running!

I woke up with a headache this morning and have been trying to shake it. Been drinking water and don't know if it is helping or not.

Cajun-- sounds like you had a good Easter weekend too. I love being with my family.

We all were meeting at my sisters for lunch after church. We decided to do some "Easter sandwich fixins" this year. Some brought desserts and others just fixins for sandwiches. My Aunt had gone to church and had a cake and bread pudding at her house to get before coming to my sisters. Well, when she got home her garage door wouldn't open and she had locked her storm door so couldn't get in. She called my brother and he went over to see if he could get in..Long story short-- he had to break her back door window to reach in and get in! She was so upset she just sent the cake over and stayed home. We went over afterwards and took her "goodies" from lunch and brought our shopvac and got the glass cleaned up. Thank goodness it was in her sunroom and she can close and lock the door from there into the main room in her house. But she was worried about Mr. Biggs being in the house and she couldn't get in... he was barking and upset that she wasn't coming in. So today will be calls to get the garage goor fixed, the big spring that runs across the top broke so my Hubby can't fix that, and getting a window for her back door. But all is well and she had settled down by the time we left. We were so afraid that Mr. Biggs would jump out there on HIS chair looking for squirrels that he might get cut if we didn't get all the glass up.

OK-- headache or no--- I'm hungry and need to eat something. Take care and I will try to get back to more personals later this evening.

jess1 04-01-2013 12:55 PM

Happy April Fool's, All...

Quick check in. I'm still watching "Doc Martin" and am almost comatose. My butt is numb, and I'm just barely into season 2. LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Bobbi - I'm so anxious to see pictures of the CatHouse! Any news on your current home? Good thoughts!

Cajun - your bbq sounds so delish! Yum!

CK - glad you got your auntie sorted out and that Mr. Biggs was okay. It sounds like your Easter was a good one.

Gayle - work well... How was your Easter?

I'm anxious to hear how Dee's foray into the weird world of potential in-laws went, too. I hope she gives us a blow by blow account!

Better get back to "Doc Martin"... I'm starting to get feeling back in me bum!

Later, lovelies!

maryea 04-01-2013 02:13 PM

Good morning GGs! I didn't get to the gym this morning as I didn't sleep well and decided to get more sleep. Feel better now. Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter. We enjoyed watching our grandson sing in his church choir...a first for him and for us too. I know at least one of our other grandchildren has done this but we weren't there to see them as they live in another state. After church we went to our dds house and everyone enjoyed the ham, deviled eggs and salad we took. In fact next time I will take MORE deviled eggs as they were gone quickly! I didn't do too badly but I did have about 4 mini cupcakes.:o It was a beautiful day (so unusual for this time of year!) so we were able to be outside for the egg hunt and it was great fun watching the children! Of course, there were a couple they just couldn't find (they are only 3 and 6) and they were right next to them LOL...we got pictures of it, so cute! The only "if it'd been a snake, it'd bit you" came to mind..

Today I must go to the CU and withdraw the money for our taxes and I have PT this afternoon. That and housework is all I have scheduled for today.

Dh will be home soon and expecting me to have the numbers ready to go to the CU and here I sit still in my nightgown so better get with it..hope you all have a great day...work off the good Easter food! :)

Karen3 04-01-2013 06:27 PM

Evening all...what a lovely day it has been. So Springlike! Usually means we get slammed with Summer in 2 days. Saw something that could be scary on the way home this afternoon. In the middle of the passing lane on Rt 19N was a sink hole. It seemed to be about 4' wide and they had cones set up???? Sink holes grew big and deep. Need to watch on tv for report.

We had a quiet holiday. Our family is so scattered that when we get together we combine all kind of things....ChristmasEasterbrithday party. Trickortreatswithfireworks. This is the South so you have fireworks every holiday! StPatsNewYearsEve where everyone gets tiddly.....darn bet nobody remembers that word. From Jimmy Steward movie about Harvey the Rabbit.

Donna...remember last year when I sat thru 5 seasons of Doc Martin. OMG that is the best program ever. I started thinking with a Brit accent. Brillant!

Have any of you ever made pea salad? This batch was extra good. The peas pop and crunch in your mouth. I just blanched them. It was better tonight even. English peas are so Spring. Like tulips. Did I ever tell you all about being flashed by a young man in a pea patch (pick your own vegie patch). Anyway he flashed I burst out laughing and told him seen one amenic worm seen them all. I'll bet I ended his career of flashing.

Did good at bridge today. Came in 3rd out of 17 tables.

Bobbi...gesh I'm sorry I called your new place the cat house, but admit it tickles me.

I had intentions of doing all personals and my thoughts ran sideways...oh well try again tomorrow. As Bobbi says later gators (oh they, the gators are roaring their mating calls every am and evening) k3

maryea 04-01-2013 10:40 PM

I just found this recipe and thought it sounded pretty good for the few calories. I can't remember how almond milk tastes...I remember trying it a few years back...but maybe I'll try it again. Thinking this smoothie recipe could be tweaked a bit substituting other ingredients (cocoa powder, coffee, or go green with spinach?) yet staying around the same calories, In fact if I remember correctly it isn't far from Marie's mocha recipe. When I tried her recipe I used non-fat milk though.

45-Calorie Snack: The Strawberry Banana Almond Milk Smoothie
(as the name states, it could be used for a snack, a little "dessert" to get through the evening? Increase the calories by tossing in some whole grain cereal for more substance and you could call it breakfast.) You can always add powdered protein and fiber to most anything adding a few more calories. Good basic recipe.

Ingredients:
1 cup Ice
8 ounces Almond Breeze Vanilla-Flavored Almond Milk
1/4 cup Fresh Strawberries
1/4 cup Fresh Bananas
1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar

Place in blender in the above order.
First use the *Ice Crusher* setting until the ice is broken down and blended through.
Then switch to *Smoothie* setting for about 30 seconds.
Pour and serve!
Makes between 1-2 servings.
Nutrition Information: (Based on an 8 oz. serving) 45 calories

Renee3 04-02-2013 06:35 AM

Good morning everyone from a very chilly (23 degrees) PA. I am so ready for Spring! I am trying to stay away from the Easter candy, but I have a very bad sweet tooth....I can do this....I will do this! Waiting for the weather to warm up so I can start gardening. Hope you all have a great day!

glynne 04-02-2013 09:02 AM

Welcome Renee ~ :wave: to everyone else ~ forgot to set my alarm last night, so gotta get a move on ~ three days down, two to go.

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care

Bobbolink 04-02-2013 09:10 AM

Good Morning:coffee:
Most of our snow is melting and the robins are back, yipee!

Mary...I make similiar shakes for my noon meal. Been too busy to make my usually veggie soup for my lunches plus I'm really tired of them.

I peel a dozen bananas and separate them with sarah wrap or wax paper and throw in the freezer. I have used almond or soy milk but they don't make a very large shake. If you make them with powdered skim milk they double in size. I have a regular malted milk glass with straw that I use and can fill the glass up twice with only 8 oz. of skim milk. (You have to make the powdered milk up ahead of time so it's really cold) I don't know if store bought skim milk whips up like the powdered kind, never tried that.

Years ago people used to make a whipped topping with dried skim milk, so it's no wonder it whips up so nice in the blender. I used 8 oz. skim milk, frozen banana, vanilla or almond extract, stevia and 7 ice cubes. Sometimes I put carob powder in, sometimes frozen strawberries. Like you suggested Mary, fiber or protein powder can be added.

Renee...throw out the candy or give it to your neighbors. I can't remember which Golden girl only buys Halloween candy she doesn't like. Try that next year for Easter.

K3...not to worry, I was the one who called our new home a "CAT HOUSE'. We met the new neighbor a couple of days ago and she told us Karen left her cats and she has been feeding them. (Karen was the owner of the house but lost it to the bank.) Bruce thinks the cats have been living in the garage because of a small hole in the foundation of the garage. It's not attached to the house, the garage is a ways off from the house. The door is locked with a paddle lock so haven't looked in there yet. The bank will have to hire someone to cut it off. I'll bet that stinks of cat urine too, yuk! At least we can take bleach to that and hose it off if that's the case. We haven't taken possession of the place yet, the loan application will be taken care of today.

I'll bet you're all thinking, WHY ARE THEY BUYING IT? Think well built house with good bones, hardwood floors and fireplace. Outskirts of town with city water, dead end street (no traffic) and a huge woods in the back yard.

Cajun...computers are sooooooooooooo frustrating but how could we live without them.:comp: I usually play about 10 scrabble games on Facebook with random players but stopped because of all the upcoming work we'll be doing on the cat house. I was having withdrawal symptoms all day yesterday.

Donna/KarenMo...nope, no good news on our current home. They had a 1/2 page spread in Sundays newspaper on our home, hope that brings someone around.

Glynne...pretty soon you'll be able to take your walks around the parking lot with your grocery cart, no snow.

Rosey...I'm posting again like you, hope it keeps me from over eating. I still ate 3 corn muffins last night, I couldn't stop. The recipe called for 1/4 cup sugar, I was out of splenda, I was out of regular white sugar too. I substituted brown sugar and they were the best corn muffins, yum-0. I crossed out the 1/4 sugar on the corn meal package and wrote in brown sugar instead for future muffins.

I'm running out of time, hi to anyone I missed.

Quote:

Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
4 oz. Applesauce with Cinnamon/Stevia
Vanilla Yogurt, fat free (homemade)

Lunch:
fresh almond banana skinny shake

Supper:
Beef Chili
3 corn meal muffins

Evening snack:
Apple cinnamon pudding