Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #91  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi...I brought my camera over Saturday to take pictures of the kitchen before we gutted it, but didn't get a picture. (dead batteries) The lady who had it did do some remodeling in the kitchen. She had a pretty salmon & grey granite type countertop with matching tile on backsplash. The birch cupboard were in great shape for being 68 years old. New sink and faucets. We have a friend we're giving the birch cabinet doors/drawer to and he might take the countertop/sink too. Bruce demolished the cupboard frames, the kitchen is now a blank canvas. I'll let you know Donna when the 'Cat House' gets offensive. As long as I can smell cat urine, it'll be a cat house. I'm calling professionals in today rid the basement of the smell. Upstairs doesn't smell, just the basement. YUK!
TA TA

Quote:
Bobbi - I do hope you're doing daily pictures of the before so we can compare with the after! You sound so energized and excited! Do you have a time table in mind for moving into the CatHouse? And I definitely can see you running rings around Bruce! Let us know when CatHouse becomes an offensive name, rather than a descriptive name!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldies,
What a weekend!!! Friday night we went out to eat with friends. Saturday morning I went shopping for a little while. I painted with dh for about 4 hours and came in and got ready for 2 weddings. The first was an outdoor wedding and we did that one. It was very pretty. The next wedding was in our town so we made that reception. A lot of our hunting friends that we camp with all winter was there with their wives. It was a hunting camouflage wedding. We were told to wear camo. We chose not to because of the other wedding. We wear camo at the hunting camp all winter and always see our friends in nothing but camo muddy also. Lol. Well all our friends chose not to wear camo and come dressed casual. We were all laughing and saying we clean up well. Meaning we never see each other dressed up with hair done and makeup. Lol We had a blast. I danced all night. We got home at 130 a.m. Oh my legs hurt.
Didn't do much yesterday. Ds girlfriend cooked supper for us last night. Both ds were playing the wii and that was fun. We laughed so much. Sunday we woke up to 5 inches of rain. The weather was bad. We are expecting more rain and bad weather Thursday night. We can't move ds house. So so wet. He bought washer and dryer yesterday at lowes and they are going to hold it for a month. Hopefully we can get it on his lot before a month.
We have both coats of paint on mil house. Now we do the trim on the windows and porch rails and shutters. Can't wait to finish that miserable project. I hate painting. I'm a messy girl. It's a good thing it's water based stain.

Gotta run be back later for personals.

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #93  

Bobbi~when we started cutting the grass and plowing ds lot I took pics. Then he left for a 3 month stay in Wyoming. While he was there I took pics of his house pad be built and driveway. I put it in an album for his and I keep adding pics to it as we go. My sister did that for us when we lost our house to the hurricane. We forget so many little details. It's cool to have before and after. I'm sure your house will be lovely when your done. Any word on the lady that was interested?

Rosy~ glad you enjoyed your sit in the sun. Our sun is almost 90 degrees today. It's getting hot!!! Wooh Rosey I'm glad you didn't get burnt with that roast.

Karen31~ that sure is a good idea about a lil book on the grandkids cute lil stories.

Gayle~I love hearing about that sweet lil girl. Keep on bragging. I don't have grandkids yet but everyone says that your heart is just overloaded with love for them and such a joy.

Donna~ I went to see the eagles but my iPhone wasn't right to view them. Would love to see that. They have some down the road from where we live. They are big.

Karenfl~I'm the same way if I eat something I shouldn't or eat real late. I wake up starving. Did y'all get a lot of rain yesterday. We caught 5 inches and it was headed your way.

Mary~yes I'm very busy. Dh and I don't stop. We are very active in work projects and play time (hunting, camping, fishing). We never sit in the house on weekends when we are off. It has to be storming for us to stay in. That's when dh gets in the kitchen and cooks everything he can think of. Out of boredom I guess. Lol. I had to laugh at all your upside down icons on your computer.

I think I covered everyone that posted.
We sure have a small group of awesome ladies.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 04-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...Sad sad day. How can people do such awful things. Checked and Zoe and family are all safe. Prayers to be said for all the injuried and scared and dying people.

k3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thoughts and prayers for all those who were injured or lost loved ones in Boston today. Such a horrible thing.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #96  

Hi everyone. so sorry for the folks in Boston.so sad. hoping you and yours are safe today i went back to my no-carb rule(not excluding fruits and vegies that have carbs) and im climbing the walls. however i want the tuck more than a piece of bread,a cracker,cookies or whatever. so to make my surg easier im back to what im suppose todo and whats works. wish me luck. rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar

lunch
pork chop 3 oz
1/2 apple
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
chef salad,with mixed greens,1/2 chix breast,cukes,grape tomatoes,cheese stick,black olives,1 egg. rasp vinegrete
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #97  

Height: 5'3"

Started out my day at PT. I think they meant to give me TWO new exercises but forgot and only gave me one and it's pretty easy. After the exercises, they did an ultrasound treatment followed by the tens unit. It seemed to help my arm as the pain has not been quite so bad since even though it is a little worse tonight esp after I did all my exercises. But I'm thankful for any relief I get. After PT I stopped at the gym and just did my cardio...but did spend about 47 min rather than my usual 30. Dh had already been there. Then I came home and cleaned house while watched the Boston news. So sad. I hope they catch the people responsible.

Dh spent a large part of his day repairing/replacing the pipes under the main bathroom sink. I dropped an eyeliner cap down the drain (always a good way to make a dh happy, right?), but turned out wasn't so simple as that as the pipe was worn and broke plus he ended up replacing a seal and installing one of those push-down stopper thingies. The one we had quit working right a long time ago and I threw it out. So far this one is working well. We've lived in this house since 1977 and it was the original plumbing so guess it's time to replace some pipes, but I felt badly for him as I knew he was tired from the gym already. The sweet thing is he re-installed the shelves I had put in before (he had to remove them to replace the pipes) and of course he did it better and now I have more room under there than I did before! So I was able to put some more girly stuff in there and make a little more needed room in another cupboard.

Think I told you, who knows, but when I hid my DVDs of the kids before we left on our last long trip, I hid them too well and still haven't been able to find them! I have racked my poor old brain and cannot figure out where I could have hid them so well! Today I did my final and most thorough search for them, but still didn't find them. Hopefully they will show up in time because I really don't want to start over and those earliest home movies are the ones I really really don't want to lose. Praying God will protect them where every they are...LOL He is sure protecting them from me! Guess now I'll just hae to buy more DVDs and continue with the copying of the VHS tapes, but I still hope to find the early ones. I can do the craziest things!!

Heading for bed...hope you all get a good rest too.
Mary

Last edited by maryea; 04-16-2013 at 01:41 AM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #98  

Morning ladies
What a terrible tragedy in Boston yesterday. Hope they catch them.
Yesterday in painted the window seals and door frames only to discover this morning that we used stain over latex and it's all bubbling and looks like rubber. Dh said that you can't use stain over latex but wasn't sure what was on the windows. Now we know. Grrrrrrr. Now we have to sand or scrape everything. I'm so ready to finish this project.
It's so hot and humid this morning. It's already 78 degrees. More rain expected Thursday night and the high for Friday is supposed to be 66. Crazy weather. We are preparing 100 lbs of sausage this week. Thursday we will debone and grind the meat. Friday we will season and stuff sausage. Saturday we will smoke the sausage while we paint and wedding Saturday night. Sunday we wrap and freeze sausage. Never a break.
I'm very tired today. Never slept last night. The sciatic nerve in my butt is bothering me. Guess its time to go to the chiropractor and get aligned.

Hello to all.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #99  

Morning ladies
What a terrible tragedy in Boston yesterday. Hope they catch them.
Yesterday in painted the window seals and door frames only to discover this morning that we used stain over latex and it's all bubbling and looks like rubber. Dh said that you can't use stain over latex but wasn't sure what was on the windows. Now we know. Grrrrrrr. Now we have to sand or scrape everything. I'm so ready to finish this project.
It's so hot and humid this morning. It's already 78 degrees. More rain expected Thursday night and the high for Friday is supposed to be 66. Crazy weather. We are preparing 100 lbs of sausage this week. Thursday we will debone and grind the meat. Friday we will season and stuff sausage. Saturday we will smoke the sausage while we paint and wedding Saturday night. Sunday we wrap and freeze sausage. Never a break.
I'm very tired today. Never slept last night. The sciatic nerve in my butt is bothering me. Guess its time to go to the chiropractor and get aligned.

Hello to all.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #100  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Yes, so sad the Boston thing. Seems like situations where a large groups of people are gathered are particularly vulnerable for the bad people to do their awful things.

Off today ~ yippee. Doctors appointment to see if help with wrist pain would be covered by workmans comp. I should have asked about the sciatic pain. Maybe I will make another appointment for that. I have had so much more pain with this job (secretary) than I ever had while being a nurse. But I chose this job because it is less stressful. I hate the pain, but would rather deal with that than the stress.

I am such a ding-a-ling. Yesterday, that sciatic pain was starting to need some medication. A while went by and the pain was getting worse and more miserable. I was fit to be tied ~ thought ~ what am I gonna do now ~ the medicine didn't seem to be helping. The pain was so bad, I felt like crying and I thought ~ I don't care if it is too soon to take some more ~ I can't stand this. So, I got out my medicine and found that I had not even taken any yet. Duhhhh ~ no wonder I was hurting so bad. I think what happened was that I started to take the med and got interrupted and then thought I had and got busy and forgot.

Guess I'd better get rolling.

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #101  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm doing the happy dance, our house is SOLD!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-16-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi!! So HAppy for you!! Congrats!! I know how that feels such a weight off your shoulders!! YAY!!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

WOW and Amen! k3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #104  

Height: 5'3"

Here I finally am...it's been a busy morning...gym (walked little more than a mile and rode bike 15 min, and did 3 other machines), then grocery shopping at two stores. So tired now. Fixing a grilled veggie sandwich for lunch plus one very small baked chicken tender I picked up at the deli. Breakfast was a little rice with milk and flaxmeal and a tiny bit of raisins and brown sugar blend to sweeten. My arm still seems better today so maybe we are making some progress.

Glynne - That's what happens to me too...I think I've done something but I actually started to and got distracted and never did it! Happens a lot anymore. As I said in my last post I even hide things from myself. I sure hope I can find those DVDs of my babies. Sorry for you and Cajun with sciatica, I know very well how bad that can be.

Cajun - My dh loves sausage so he would really enjoy that I'm sure. He has probably never had the homemade kind.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #105  

Yay for Bobbi!!!!!!! Happy happy for you. Now you can do renovations on new house and not worry. Was it the lady that had surgery?

Hugs
Cajun