3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~April Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/278791-%7E%7Eapril-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bobbolink 04-09-2013 08:41 AM

We are being blesses with much needed rain today. Farmers need at least 2 inches before planting this spring. No pictures yet, we won't own it until tomorrow.
TaTa.............
Quote:

Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
3 oz. Applesauce with Cinnamon/Stevia
Vanilla Yogurt, fat free (homemade)

Lunch:
missed lunch, shopping in another town for material. I purchased a off white bookcase with 4 glass fronts doors, I put material behind the glass so I could use it for canned/boxed foods for my new kitchen. (small kitchen with 1/2 the cabinets I have now)

Supper:
left over chili, corn muffins, large lettuce salad with poppy dressing

Evening snack:
Carob pudding
SF/FF Cool Whip

glynne 04-09-2013 09:00 AM

Good morning GG's,

One day down ~ three to go. Just a quick stop in before work.

Love being able to come here and get my spirits lifted and a smile. Much needed lately.

Rosey & Deelee ~ :) on the glittery ta tas discussion

K3 ~ on the flowers for glittery ta tas

Mary ~ glad you are feeling better.

Donna ~ how is the new schedule and coworker working out?

Cajun ~ I remember that soreness after painting ~ hope it goes away soon for you.

Welcome ~ Meandu

Bobbi ~ exciting ~ your house adventure.

Outta time ~ sorry for those I've missed. Hope you all have a nice day.

I'd rather take a little nap than head out ~ oh well.

Take care

Cajunlady165 04-09-2013 09:52 AM

Good morning ladies
Ds house came in yesterday morning. We got to see it after work yesterday. Its very pretty. The kitchen has 35 cabinets and 10 drawers. He added wood floors instead of carpet. Well last night the brain wouldn't shut off. I saw every hour until 2 am this morning. I had to get up at 5. I'm operating on 3 hours of sleep. Did I mention that I worked all day. After seeing the hour I got back and painted again until 8 pm last night. I guess for about 2 hours. I have to peel 30 lbs of crawfish after work so not sure if I'll get to paint today. Tomorrow weather forecast rain so I may get a break.

Maryea~ keep up the good work. Your doing great.

Bobbi~you are fixing to be busy like me. After we finishe painting mil house we have to get ds fixed up in his house. Water lines, electrical, concrete formed up and poured patio up. House cleaned (new but full of sheet rock dust) and moved in. The list is endless. I have to throw in some fishing weekend in there too. Lol. Not all work and no play.

Hello to all I missed

Hugs
Cajun

maryea 04-09-2013 02:56 PM

Just got home from the gym and this is my "rest" time. I am almost back to my usual routine now.

PT was pretty rough yesterday and I hurt a lot last night. Even though I took Tyl PM I still don't feel I slept well. It is much better this morning so as long as it helps in the long run I guess it is worth it. Anyway I hurt so much last night I didn't feel like posting my eating...probably was way over anyway. Posting here is double duty for me as I also post my eating in My Fitness Pal and yesterday I didn't even get that finished.

Cajun - Sorry to hear you did not sleep well either! Esp considering how hard you have been working!

Bobbi - Glad you are getting your needed rain AND glad we are NOT for a few days at least. ;)

Rosey - Now, Rosey, we know you you typed about the bejeweling just to perk us all up a bit. :D

Bobbolink 04-09-2013 06:11 PM

Holy Cow Donna!
I just heard on the news that Denver has or is getting 10" snow.
Ho Ho Ho, :snow4::snow4::snow4:

Karen3 04-09-2013 07:01 PM

hi all...Donna is sick with a strep throat and is watching bbc shows in her misery. Poor baby.

Karen....I made that strawberry pie like Bobbi does....crustless and it was absolutely the greatest tasting diet dessert ever. I fitday'd it and about 70 cals a serving crustless. THANK YOU!

Recipe: 4 cups of sliced strawberries in a pie dish
1 box of sf vanilla pudding (4oz)
1 box of sf strawberry jello (4oz)
1.5 cups of water
sf cool whip ( I forgot to put that on)

Mix 2 mixs together in a sauce pan, add water and heat until starts to thicken. Pour over berries and chill for at least 2 hrs.

ENJOY!

Already thinking about making it with sf cheese cake pudding mix. I loved that pink stuff even more than the berries. Low cals and ff because no milk.
Guess I better have another piece with the cool whip....

Brunch today:
tuna salad
2 slices diet bread
1 energy bar

Dinner:
Toss salad
1/2 baked potato
4 oz flank steak
strawberry dessert

Snack (later)
Yogert

On South Beach plan level 1.5 and cross checked with fitday at 929 cals.

Rosey...your weather is carzy!

Gayle...now you got 2 down and only 2 to go!

Cajun...Hope this is a one time deal where you are cleaning DS's house!

Summer is about here and it's stayed in mid80's all day. We're suppose to get the sea breeze thunder storms every afternoon this week. hey the rainy season doesn't start until June........ k3

jess1 04-09-2013 09:13 PM

Hola, Goldens!

We didn't get 6-12", because that's what the WF predicted. Instead, we got about 3". It's still blowing a bit, but it's just a big nothing storm!

I'm contemplating another day home tomorrow. This thing hit me HARD, and I can usually sleep off any ailment. Not this one, I'm afraid... bah!

Sounds like you're all doing okay. I'll return.

akrosey49 04-09-2013 09:59 PM

Hi everyone. i was going to sit on the deck in the spot amongst the snow that steve shoveled for me so i can sit in the sun. it was so beautiful till i got out side geewhiz but it was COLD. im back in reclining with my laptop. much better. we had uneventful day.Donna i wish i was close so i could make you some soup,would a cyber ((((hug)))) help. feel better soon. :wave: rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar (pean pie)

lunch
lean cusine cranberry chix salad fixings
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
oven baked chix
1/2 c potatoe salad
cuke slices,grape tomatoes

glynne 04-09-2013 10:11 PM

Just a quick pop in to say hi. Got out of work late ~ so not as much time to play :(

Donna hope you feel better soon.

Maddie just brought me 3 jelly beans for dessert ~ what a little sweetie :)

Enjoy your evening.

Take care

Karen31 04-09-2013 11:20 PM

Hello everyone--- still hanging in here. Guess we are supposed to be getting aa storm in sometime between now and midnight... Crazy weather--- it was 78 degrees today. Tim was outside mowing.... who knows what tomorrow will bring other than colder temps!

Donna, sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. Don't try to push yourself to fast or you will just get down again with it. And it sure isn't anymore fun the second time around. Sending virtual chicken soup!!

Haven't been doing a whole lot today. Saturday is supposed to be the first car show of the year.. don't know if it is going to be warm enough though. Also it is "Springtime on Broadway" which is a big deal on Main street in our little town.. hope it is decent weather.

Rosey, I loved sitting outside the other night when the dogs wanted out about 2:30 in the morning. I was waiting for them and just kind of enjoyed it.

Karen, glad that you liked the pie-- I have heard about that sf cheese cake pudding mix-- going to look for that!

Well, think I will let Ginger and Sissy out once more before the rain gets here--- supposed to be wind and hail with it... mabe this will go around us too..

Take care everyone and have a good night!

Cajunlady165 04-10-2013 12:35 PM

Good afternoon ladies,
Its hot and humid here today. They are predicting bad weather for us tonight with more rain. :( ds lot was dry). On the bright side I won't have to paint this afternoon. I'll get a break. We didn't paint last night either. We peeled 6 lb of crawfish.

Karen31~ I understand about the crazy weather. Hope it didn't get too bad for y'all last night. Our weather is supposed to be tonight.

Gayle~ Maddie girl is one sweet lil thing. I can tell she loves her granny.

Rosy~ I'm sure your ready for spring. We dont have much of a spring here. We go from cold right into hot. I barely get to open windows.

Donna~ the news media has y'all getting a blizzard with 10 degrees and 2 foot of snow. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

karenfl~ it is a one time thing for me to clean ds house. It's full of sheet rock dust. I'm sure he will con his gf into cleaning it on weekends when she comes. He makes her pick up in his room now when I get to complaining about his room which is everyday. I can't stand things dragging or clutter. Drives me insane. I'm sure he will be particular about his own place though.

Maryea~ how's the arm?

That's all folks. Gotta run.

Hi to all

Hugs
Cajun

maryea 04-10-2013 04:05 PM

We had a lovely surprise yesterday as our oldest son and his gf called to say they were in town. They were in our area for job interviews and stopped for a visit. Unfortunately they weren't feeling well but we still had a nice visit. Our son wants to move nearer to us now that we are older, and we are hoping he can find a good job that will benefit him as well.

I had PT this morning so dh went to the gym alone and I went after my appt. Got my last shot this morning. I got a new exercise but it is not as brutal as the one I got Mon. That brutal one is the familiar prayer position which I used to like to do more my back but now with my injured shoulder/arm it hurts SO badly to do it! But I have now added it to my 2-3x day routine. I thought the wall stretch was terrible but it is getting a little easier now...just when I get used to one they add another! :^: I will be so glad when my shoulder heals. Sorry, feel like I'm always complaining these days! :o At the gym I only did my cardio but I did put in 10 min more than usual on the bike.

It was just pouring down outside (it's drizzled all morning) but now it looks like the sun is coming out.

Cajun - You are always busy, don't think I could keep up with all you do.

Glynne - Enjoy the jelly beans. For some reason I have had a craving for them ever since before Easter. A couple times I have given into it and got a small handful from the Sweet Factory at the mall. Even that's too many but they tasted so good!

Donna - Sorry you are sick and hope it doesn't last much longer. I haven't gotten through all the posts...did you see a doctor?

Karen3/Bobbi - The Crustless Strawberry Pie sounds good. I have snagged the recipe.

Karen3 04-10-2013 07:28 PM

Hi all...It is stinking hot here with the pollen count sky high. DH is sneezing so much Dash has packed his bags and is moving. The dog is scared of sneezes. Total panic mode.No afternoon showers that the wf promised. Sun light on the pool cage shows so much pollen you can't see thru.

Played bridge with a nubee today and she is gonna be a good player, you could hear her wheels churning she'd be thinking so hard. I never give lessons at the table, but do lots of praise and boy she earned it.

Had an early dinner and was fiddling around on the pc thinking how nice to know I will have a piece of Strawberry pie later. Dh couldn't stand waiting and brought us each a serving. He is one happy camper, thank you, Karen! Forgot the kool whip again....doesn't need it.

Cajun...as I said my kids living at home always hung all their clothes up on the floor. I could get so mad that I threw stuff out the window(once) and after that the threat worked. Grown and married they are the opposite and keep their stuff/houses neat.

Pool time is getting near...water was 75 today. You can swim at that temp but it can be heart stopping!

Gayle...how sweet! 3 jelly beans awwww and I bet they were warm and sticky in her hand....awwwww that's a gramma sweet..

Mary...I hope that PT gets easier. Getting old is a B*tch but the alternative is worse.

I have sorted thru all my winter clothes and reorganized my closet. Have one shelf with shampoos and stuff. Can you send shampoos USPO? Have lots that bought and found they make me itch and should ship to DS.

Donna? Are you still feeling sickish? Poor baby....awwwwww

Rosey.. I'm gonna make you a bubble so you can sit on the deck in the sun and not get cold.

Survivor tonight...this season is boringgggggggg! But if I skip it something good will happen. k3

ps Brunch...sandwich
Dinner..broiled chicken on cracked oat flat bread
salad
strawberry pie
Snack...yogert

On SB 1.5 plan with 918 cals....k

akrosey49 04-10-2013 07:39 PM

Hi everyone, another day we woke up to snow and by noon the sun was shining. to cold to sit in the sun so i chose to be lazy inside. geewhiz if i get any lazier i'll look like i'm in a coma. cant keep my nose out of my book R.Ludlums Bourne Supremacy so much better than the movie. Steve's buddy came for coffee and kept steve spinning tales. heard them befor but the telling gets funnier ;) hoping your day is good too. rosey :wave:

breakfast
coffee
larabar

lunch
1/2 grilled cheese and ham sand
tomatoe soup

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
lean cusine salad fixins (asian chix,u add the lettuce)

Karen3 04-11-2013 12:18 PM

just a ps to Rosey...I envision a bubble like a hamster excerise ball with a lounge chair and internect connection....ohhhh the crone chair. k3