Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #31  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning
Renee...now you're making me jealous, planting already? I've never had swiss chard before, we just starting eating kale after a Dr. Oz episode. Our local stores only carry the curly kale, I see on the food channel they also have flat kale. What do you do with swiss chard?

Rosey...sorry about your friend, I do miss my mom but not my dad. He wasn't a very nice person to me while growing up. (think jerk).
I see you made potato salad, sounds springy and now I want some. Either that or macaroni salad. P.S. Prayers for Tim.

Mary...have you tried the powdered skim milk shake yet? I have zucchini thawed out for some veggies soup, will make a big batch for future lunches.

K3...I got me a gun, where should we meet? My gun shoots darts of happiness and good memory!

Thanks Glynne...I did have a great nights rest, same to you.

Donna...Booooooooooo on the rejected bill on drug testing.
I can't believe you have china and silver packed away, why don't you sell it on ebay?

Dee...take a deep breath and do one day at a time. You need to stay strong for everyone, including yourself.

Cajun...consider painting MIL house a great exercise that will burn calories. When you're hungry, fill up on veggies.

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
4 oz. Applesauce with Cinnamon/Stevia
Vanilla Yogurt, fat free (homemade)

Lunch:
Missed lunch, we were doing business in town, didn't get home until 2:30.

Supper:
Roast Pork Loin
1/2 baked potato
Butternut Squash

Evening snack:
Sour Cream Raisin pudding
SF/FF Cool Whip

Popcorn
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies,
Its the most dreary day we've had in a long time. More rain and chilly. Nasty wind.
I called the mobile company that ds ordered his house from. They said it will be here the early part of next week. She told me that when they use floated sheet rock it takes a little longer. We are anxious to see it. We won't be able to move it until it dries up and they are giving big chances of rain again next week. It's been dry for awhile and you would know it's wet now.
I'm having a good week back on my food plan. I'm hoping I can keep it up.

Deelee~I'm glad your Easter went ok at the future in laws. They say kindness kill. Keep giving it to future dil and if she is ugly son will notice. Maybe one day she will come to love you. I'm so sorry to hear your mother is so ill. She's so lucky to have such a loving daughter. I have no daughters and if my sons take care of me when I'm old like my dh takes care of his mom I will be blessed too.

Karenfl~hope your having a better day than yesterday. Uhmmm you still with us right. Didn't get your hands on a gun? Hope not. Lol.

Gayle~I'm glad your work is going better. I had both my lil chicken and their girls with us the whole weekend. It was fun and such a good feeling that they wanted to be with us too. I enjoy my family so much.

Rosey~ sorry to hear about your friends mom. I know how you feel. It's been a year I lost my dad and the pain is still so raw. This Easter he was very much missed by all of us.

Renee~i wish I could grow a garden. My thumb is so not green. I kill everything I touch. Houseplants are the worse. Lol

Bobbi~I'm hoping the house painting will help me jumpstart my weightless again. Keep my mind off of food too.

Hello to all I missed.
Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Bobbi...swiss chard has a milder taste than spinach...I like it better and it's very easy to grow
Renee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #34  

Height: 5'3"

I'll soon be leaving for PT, so will see if I can keep this fairly brief, instead of a book. I finally got to the gym this morning, but only did my cardio. I feel so out of shape and get a bit dizzy if I do much but hopefully that will improve as I get more used to it again and my arm heals. Yes, my arm still hurts but I think it is better...just responding to the exercises mostly now. We stopped for a few groceries on the way home but have been resting (me online!) since we got home. Dh has a doctors appt today at the same time I have PT and in the same building which is convenient.

Trying to do better on my diet as I see my weight climbing almost each day! Such a large part of it for me is keeping my priorities straight and staying focused and I'm rebellious when it comes to feeling like I have to do or eat or be somewhere every day at a certain times, even when it's something I enjoy etc. Still dealing with that inner child but it is time to grow up and realize that the rewards will be worth it! So far this year I have been a very rebellious child, I hate it but it's the truth and I have to face it. I honestly feel better when I'm more disciplined, but for some reason, I also allow myself to get distracted from it

Cajun - we are back to cooler, cloudy weather too. No rain yet but it's suppose to start again.

Bobbi - Oh good about not getting the slanting house! I guess I missed that. $37000!! Wow that is a wonderful price....I might consider moving if we could find a little house with a small yard for that price!! Can't imagine. We are just hoping that if we someday decide to move we can find something smaller for the same price as we sell for. Th is house is very comfortable it does not feel too big to us. Actually sometimes it feels crowded which means we have too much junk I guess as it is plenty big enough for the two of us. I like having extra space in case the kids come home but they rarely do and mostly it's just us filling up the space. The problem (or could be soon) is that our yard is too big and likely too much to care for as we age. No, I haven't tried the powered milk yet. None on hand and I didn't think to buy it. Veggie soup sounds good.

Running out of time...you all have a good day!

ETA: Just looked out the window and our usual drizzle has begun!

Last edited by maryea; 04-04-2013 at 03:59 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Still a bit forgetful and whiny....was sitting here posting when DH reminded me that my 4:30 appt was in 5 MINUTES! Hummmm yup I was late and lost my post, too. So just accept I wrote all about you all 'cause I can't remember what I posted!

Bobbi... I spit coffee all over pc with the happy gun! Thanks. 35K for a whole house is unbelievable...double wow!

Donna...gonna go to England to see the site where Doc is shot with me?

Don't worry, folks, about me...if I shot me I'd hit my foot....can do nothing right past 3 days.

I have walked alot today and my knees are talking to me. I sit quiet and feel so good and then stand up and both knees grate bone on bone and it takes a minute to settle before I can step off. Oh for an Aleve...sighhhh. Sorry for the whine but thats me this week. k3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #36  
Bobbi

Good Morning, my menu yesterday:
Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
4 oz. Applesauce with Cinnamon/Stevia
Vanilla Yogurt, fat free (homemade)

Lunch:
banana skinny shake

Supper:
Roast Pork Loin
Tomato/zucchini/mozzerella side dish
Riced potato (1/4 cup maybe)

Evening snack:
Carob pudding
SF/FF Cool Whip
We did get a great buy on the cat house, it was a bank repo and they wanted to move it. They had $39,900 on it, we offered 34,900 and settled for $37,500. BUT, we have to gut the kitchen, put in all new windows besides the painting/refurbishing of the floors. It's only a single garage away from the house, we're going to bull doze it in and build a new double garage. We're still coming out way ahead since we got the house so cheap.

Later gators!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good deal on the house Bobbi!! What a Great Find!! Still looking forward to seeing pictures..
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies
It's sunny and cool but beautiful and so is my mood. It's been so gloomy the last few days. I needed sunshine. We had company for supper last night. We sat on the patio and built a fire in the outside fireplace. It was very nice. Company didn't leave until 10 20. I was so cold I couldn't sleep. I saw the midnight hour for 2 night in a row. Up at 5 am. I'm running on fumes. Dh and I are going get brushes and rollers tonight at lows. My painting starts tomorrow.
Ds is going to the dr this morning. I made the appt yesterday and he didn't complain. He's really sick. Bad sore throat fever and chest pain due to coughing. Probably bronchitis.
I asked dh to hide the pecan pie I made yesterday for our company. He told me just throw it out if it's going to bother you. I told him I didn't need his sarcasm just do what I asked. So when I got up this morning he must have hid it because it wasn't there and no bowl in sight. NO IM NOT GOING TO LOOK FOR THAT DESSERT!!! :/

Bobbi~ will y'all do the work yourself or get carpenters? How long will it be before you move in?

Karenfl~ glad you are still with us. Lol.

Maryea~ it's so hard to get back on track after fudging on the diet. Like you I'm still trying. I'm glad your arm is a bit better.

Work calls.

Hello to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #39  

Hi everyone this chick needs toothpicks to keep her peepers open, a ruff nite here,between a restless husband and barking dogs i had very little sleep which makes for a VERY grumpy rosey hope your day is bettter rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar

lunch
slice pizza
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
grapes
string cheese

dinner
roast turkey
green salad
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #40  

Arrrrrrgggggggghhhh the week continues. Just spent an hour listening to elevator music on hold with Bright house. No internet! Played good bridge so things should get better.....k3
Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #41  

Continuing to work on creating a diet that I can live with. Yesterday I didn't do too badly and I dropped 3# over night. I would normally think it was just water changes but I actually had too much sodium yesterday as we went out to eat so I think it was more the way I spaced out my meals AND most of all I didn't eat anything after dinner. We had dinner kind of late so that helped. I got too many carbs at dinner of course, but overall my BS yesterday and today have been better than they have been recently sometimes even right on target.

Here's what I ate:

Breakfast
Oatmeal 1/3 cup with a tiny bit of brown sugar blend, 1/4 banana and about little less than 1/2 cup NF milk

On way to gym - small energy drink
At the gym I walked 12 min briskly (a little jogging around people), and biked 28 min at 8-10 (mostly 10 but the lower number is for warm up and cool down)

Lunch
rest of banana
2/3 cup milk

Afternoon snack
5 baby carrots
PB mocha (I add fiber to my mochas)
Pk sunflower seeds

Dinner out
Chicken Fried Steak (about 6 oz!)
Mashed potatoes and cream gravy
corn
scoop ice cream with a tiny bit of hot fudge - was supposed to be 2 scoops but I told them to make it smaller and add the tiny bit of hot fudge and I'd pay the same...but actually they reduced the price too!

Eve snack - None!!! Even though we ate late, this is still a NSV for me when it happens.

Net calories (after exercise) was about 1553 which I can lose on. ETA: I realize this is not the best nutrition today.

What I'm trying to do is arrange my diet around the type of eating I tend to naturally do. I am a snacker but simply allowing for 5-6 meals doesn't work for me (unless I'm on something like Medifast) because left to my own devices I will make a lot of those meals too large with too many carbs. But as long as I know a big snack is coming I can usually keep my regular meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) small except for the occasional restaurant meal. Hope that makes sense...it doesn't to my dh but then he is ultra-disciplined and doesn't understand an undiscipline person like me. Anyway it's worth a try!

My arm is some better today but exercises and other movement still hurts. I have done most of my PT once but some twice. One more session tonight to do. My throat is bothering me but not sure if it is my thyroid...hoping it is just my usual hernia symptoms breaking through. I take Nexium for it but now and then it is worse and I have to gobble Tums too. I still hadn't heard from my doctor so called today and they now say the endocrinologist will be calling me to set up and appt soon. Oh goodie!!

Last edited by maryea; 04-05-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #42  
Bobbi

I came, I read, I left.
P.S. We're doing much of the carpentry work ourselves.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #43  

Hey...working my arse off before knees go wonky. Vaccumed DH's office and have enough dog hair in my Little buddy to knit a dog. I was too embarrassed to ask Penny to do it , it was that nasty. He even has a vac over there to use...it was "boy clean". I'll get her to do it next time.

I don't remember which Steven King novel used the term "boy clean", but that's the room when you open the door it's ok except don't look on the far side or under the bed and sure do not open the closet!! Both my kids growing up hung all their clothes on the floor.

Back to my chores...dusting will be such fun. Decoys, fishingpoles, stuffed ducks, reloader, 2 desks and 2 boxes of dog toys and that's just the beginning. Play room not an office...guess office is more man-ly! k3
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #44  

Hi everyone and Happy Weekend. rosey isnt grumpy today amazing what a full nights sleep does for me just been puttering today,i made 15 bean soup and mexican corn bread for dinner. steve is going to deliver meals to my gf and her dh as she broke her back in a fall and is suppose to be down as much as possible and she just lost her mom. also delivering dinner to our friend ken who spent the aftnoon yesterday installing our new seatbelts(remember sadie ate them)and hes a widow. i like to cook for folks and i can never make a little pot of ay thing. im reading robert ludlums bourne identity series,such good books however the movie versions were bad, didnt even follow the story,isnt it funny that the books are usually better. Maryea, i find that if i eat protein 1st and formost im not hungry and it stays with me longer.did you mention you dont like meat? watching what we eat is always a struggle isnt it. hope every ones weekend is happy ttfn rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
breakfast,ham,1 egg,1 hash br patty
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha with a shot of sf carmel
100 cal mini bag popcorn

dinner
1 c bean soup(15 bean mix,ham bone,celery,onion,carrot,tomatoes,garlic)
1 sm sq mexican corn bread(jiffy box mix,acc to direction and add can cream corn,jalepeno pickels and onion and bell pepper chopped and mixed in. dolops of lite s, cream every few inches,cheddar cheese on top,yummy but not lo cal for sure)

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-06-2013 at 06:32 PM.
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #45  

Rosey, I eat meat just usually not a lot...yesterday I had 6 oz which is quite a lot for me. Most days I get most of my protein from milk and some from PB and nuts. My mocha has milk in it. Milk is also a carb of course and PB and nuts are fats but healthy fats. Just so much to keep track of when you are diabetic! I've given up on my eating perfectly, I don't want more meds but feel I'm going to have to go that way because when I eat right my BS isn't always that good and strangely enough, sometimes when I eat "bad" it sometimes is actually better. I do not understand it.

I got my nails done today and also had my glasses fixed while I was at the mall as the screw had come loose (and I lost it!) so lens fell out last night. Since I really depend on them I always have two pair with me plus at least one old pair I could wear in an emergency.

I found a pic of our youngest son I had misplaced and not scanned so I scanned it today and almost cried...It was his basic training picture and he looked so young and a little scared maybe at least to mama. I remember when I got the picture I was proud of him but I also wanted to go get him and bring him home, right now! It's amazing how much we love our children!

Rosey - Glad you got a good nights sleep, I know what a difference it makes.

Yesterday's eating:
Breakfast
PB mocha

Lunch
Larabar
Milk
sunflower seeds

Afternoon snack
apple

Dinner
Chicken stir-fry with green pepper and spinach
rice - 1/3 cup
PB mocha

Eve snack
doughnut (dh brought in 1 each!)
mixed nuts
strawberries

Ended up with calories 1634, not terrible but again, I didn't eat so healthy and I ate past 8 pm which I'm trying not to do.

Last edited by maryea; 04-06-2013 at 09:02 PM.