Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #16  

Hi everyone. its sunny and cold here today. its nice to not have anything planned. we had a nice easter with all the trimmings and chocolate and bunny cake we played a new game with kids and gr kids called fact or crap, it was hilarious with all the stange trivia, some we never heard of. yeasterday steve went to anch for his nerve test,they found he had some nerve damage to his left arm. now to see the back dr again. in the mean time physical therapy. I said goodby for now to my grandson Tim. it was just as hard for me as when his mom left home. i was there when he was born,held him within minuts,he taught me how much love and fun a grandkid can be. and he such a nice kid. he was ready for this going into the airforce and i couldnt be prouder. his folks presented him with a flag and they all put it up by the front door and there it will stay while he's in service for us. but inside im happy sad and also worried for him as our world is a dangerous place. when you are about your daileys could you do me a favor by saying a prayer now and then for his safety. Bobbie im so excited for you to have a new house. pictures please when you can. hoping you all have an awesome day rosey

easter day
breakfast coffee
brunch
ham,cheesy potatoes,green salad,deviled eggs.p.pudding salad rolls
bunny cake
dinner left overs

monday

breakfast
coffee
lunch
ham sand
dinner
easter left overs
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosey, sounds like you had a nice Easter with family too. And what a nice thing to do to present your grandson with a flag and to fly it until he safely returns. Wonderful. And of Course I will add him and your family to my prayer list.

Everybody seems to be pretty busy and I should be....but here I sit! I did do the dishes and need to do a few more things and also run to the store. Just kind of cloudy and drizzle rain today. Seems more like a curl up on the couch in front of the fire day!

Bobbi, we are all looking forward to your pictures.. I know you are anxious to get started..Have you started packing up your things yet? Such a job... we still have boxes packed that we moved here three years ago from Colorado... Just hard to let go of some stuff!!

Gayle, hope your day has gone well.

Donna, hope you and Samcat are doing great too.

Karen-- I would be scared to death to hear them crocs making the noises... Guess I'd probably never let Ginger and Sissy out by themselves!

Hello to everyone I have missed.

Have a great day... will be back later
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #18  

rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar

lunch
slice of pizza
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal mini bag popcorn

dinner
bq boneless porkribs
1/2 baked potatoe
brussell sprouts
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

Once again we did not get to the gym. We didn't get to the CU yesterday (to get money for taxes together in one account) so we did that today. Then we went to the IRS and paid directly rather than mailing it. Wanted to be sure they got it. It took longer to go through security than to actually pay. I forgot about security and when I realized it I told them right upfront that I had a manicure kit in my bag, but they kept seeing another item that looked like a knife. I knew I didn't have a knife and couldn't imagine what it was. They said it was floating around, not always in the same place Made no sense to me, but anyway they finally found it deep down in one of the purse pockets...and it was a little foldable nail file about 3 inches long. I didn't even remember it was there.

At the CU I had to rearrange our accounts deciding where to put the money we have left. The interest is terrible (like nothing). Later I realized I could have put it in ING where a 360 Savings account is paying better. I might still do it...surely I wouldn't have to pay much penalty if I took it out right away The penalty for removing some from the 3 year CD was only $17.

My new PT exercises are really making my arm hurt! I have 4 specically for my arm and eight for my back since I've started back, and I also try to do the rest of the ones for my back since I've been doing them already and they have helped. My shoulder blades have migrated back toward normal about 4 inches, so only 4 inches to go! Yes!! I But they now want me to do them (back and arm)all 2-3 times a day so it is hard ot get to them all esp if I go to the gym and get anything else done too. I feel like I live to exercise!

Rosey - I have prayed for your boy. Let us know how he is doing.

Bobbi - Interesting about using the powdered milk for the smoothies. I haven't tried that. I have been eating way to much for too long now and my weight is slowly climbing. At least today I have tried harder to keep my eating spread out so my carbs are ok. I haven't taken my bs though. It was high yesterday. Bobbi, your house sounds nice despite the cats smell, but I was wondering about the sloping kitchen floor...wasn't that the house with that? What did you find out about that?

Karen3 - I think you have to be brave to live in Florida! I'm like Karen31, I'd be scared to death of the crocodiles. Do you have lots of snakes there too? One of the things I like about where I live now (after growing up in KS with nasty creatures like rattle snakes!) is that we supposedly don't have any poisonous snakes. Actually I haven't even seen a reptile of any kind in years and that's the way I like it.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #20  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Daily quick check-in, Goldens...

Rosey - my heart hurt with yours, to say good bye to your GS. I'll keep him in my prayers, that he'll be safe and home soon! I have such a soft spot for the military, such beautiful young people!

CK - I've been in my hour 28 years in July, and I still have stuff I haven't unpacked. In fact, I still have china and silver wedding gifts from my first wedding a thousand years ago! Whoever gets to go through that stuff when I die will feel like they're on an archeological expedition!

Mary - I hope the PT exercises start helping, instead of hurting you. Getting old SUCKS, so sayeth me!

KarenFL - I do remember your marathon Doc Martin! I finally HAD to move! I have lots more to watch, and I do love it! Did you watch "Call the Midwives" last night? Fab show!

Nothing to report. Work is busy, busy... the newbie is doing well, but it's slow. BossLady and I are both each doing the work of 1-1/2 people, and we're TIRED. If it weren't for DWTS, I'd consider sacking out right now, way early!

Have a good rest of the evening! Later, lovelies!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #21  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

This was sent to me this morning from a friend. I wish Minnesota would follow this lead.

Quote:
Great going, Florida . You set the stage for
the other 49 States to join! Kudos to Republican Governor Rick Scott for having the correctness and guts to move forward on this critical issue !
Hooray for Florida ! !I-95 will be jammed for the next month or so........Druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida ...
Floridais the first state requiring drug testing to receive welfare!
Hooray for Florida !!!!
In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free.
Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.
Those who fail a second time would be banned from receiving funds for three years!
Naturally, a few people are crying this isunconstitutional.
How is this unconstitutional ?
It's completely legal that every other working people have to pass drug tests in order to get a J-O-B which supports those on welfare!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #22  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning

KarenMo...we're not packing up or moving until our house sells. The house we purchased in town needs to be gutted. Actually, it's a good thing we won't be moving in because all the hardwood floors need to be sanded down and refinished. The kitchen will be gutted, all wood cabinets taken out, new flooring. The big family room with fireplace needs new carpet/flooring. Not sure which we'll put in. The bathroom had been remodeled so just needs paint. The house was built in 1945, my birthday year. It's well built with stucco walls, no cracks in the foundation, etc. It has a single garage built separate from the house, we'll tear that down and build a new double garage with a small work shop for Bruce. Lots to do.

Mary...no, we didn't buy that house with the slanted kitchen floor. The one we stole was a bank repo, the owner lost it. Unfortunate for them but it happens. We picked this up so cheap, would you believe $37,500? YUP! So we can afford to gut it and still end up with a lovely home. God has blesses us real good.

My menu from yesterday: same except I made butterilk bisquits instead of the corn meal muffins.
Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
4 oz. Applesauce with Cinnamon/Stevia
Vanilla Yogurt, fat free (homemade)

Lunch:
fresh almond banana skinny shake

Supper:
Left over Beef Chili
3 buttermilk biscuits (1 with cinnamon and sugar)

Evening snack:
Apple cinnamon pudding
SF/FF Cool Whip
Sunflower seeds
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #23  
Donna

Bobbi - that bill was rejected by the Federal appeals Court. However, Kansas would like to test applicants AND elected officials. THAT I could get behind! I'd like to give the stinkin' politicians a taste of their own medicine!

Got a little rain overnight. I think Spring is on its way!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldens,
It rained all night. I think we got about 3 inches. It's still raining. We were hoping it would stay dry to move ds house so the wouldn't cut ruts in the yard. Now we will have to wait for it to dry up.
I'm trying so hard to get back on my diet. I'm getting it in my head so hopefully it works. Sent all leftover desserts to mil. Now I need to get big booty up and walking. We are going to start painting mil house this weekend so that should help.

Karen fl~ after what happened to that fellow and his bedroom I'm sure that was scary. It seems like they would have closed the highway.

Hi Renee welcome. Give the Easter candy away. I have the leftover desserts away. I have a weekness for sweets.

Bobbi~ good luck with your new home. I bet you are excited. Post pictures when you can. I totally agree that all welfare people should be tested. You can bet 3/4 of the would fail. It irritates me to see them with everything free and their kids have name brand shoes and clothes and iPhones,not to mention driving new autos.

Rosy~ I know your heart is hurting and proud of your grandson all at the same time. I have 2 nephews that just came back from afganistan. It's a big worry for our soldiers. We will keep praying for their safe return. I love the flag idea. We put up a big yellow ribbon tied around my moms oak tree in her front yard.

Maryea~ sorry to hear about that arm still hurting. Hopefully with your exercise you will get relief.

Donna~maybe she will get the hang of it soon and pick up speed. They are cutting so many positions here at our hospital and the workload is extra heavy for the nurses. My ds left the medical field for NDE and is loving it. I was a little sad that he wasn't nursing anymore but he is so happy with the change he's made.

Gotta get busy I have a lot to do.

Hello to all I missed

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi-

Well, Easter went okay I think. DS’s future in-laws are very nice. Also saw them on Saturday at charity hockey game DS was playing in. They lost the goalie last minute so my DH was asked to be the goalie at 9 a.m. He will be 65 in May! He was nervous. This team had never played together. It was just put together to play in this event which raised money for Wounded Warriors. They only lost by one point. As my DB said, “They were robbed!” Anyway, it was fire fighters and police. Good cause. I enjoyed finding out more about the charity and what I can do locally. The fiance - we now hug each other hello and good by. I initiated. She’s just not that interested in me - or anyone over 30 who is not family or long time family friend. It’s not personal. I actually find myself getting bored when I’m with here because I get minimal responses from any questions. She doesn’t tell me anything about the wedding. Neither does my son cuz he’s not that interested in the girly details.

My mother has been in bad shape since her third chemo treatment. Was in hospital from extremely high heart rate. They found she was very low in magnesium. That helped but she was still having afib and was in hospital for 5 days. Very weak - went to nursing care in her retirement community. Was hallucinating and delusional for a few weeks. Now, just mainly delusional. She thought I was her mother until this week. Her oncologist thinks she has to keep doing chemo. She has had 3 out of the 4 harsh ones she was supposed to have. May just go to the 4 milder ones. Then she has to have a mastectomy. This has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I am with her almost every day. She is a lot stronger now - it’s beem a month. See the doc on Friday. I am physically and mentally depleted. Gotta go. Gonna send this- computer problems…can’t find the post I started yesterday. I’ll get back later. Welcome to new people. Hugs to all!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

AAAAAArrrrrrrggggggg...always said if I had a brain I'd be dangerous.....now I need a gun to shot me......have a day of wild senior moments. Good thing I'm not in school they's suspend me....Arrrrrrrgh k3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #27  
Donna

KarenFL - can you remember what happened to discombobulate you?????
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #28  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Yippee ~ made it through that stretch of days at work ~ they were pretty good days ~ for me ~ for the nurses, not so sure. Have been getting out pretty much on time lately. What a mood booster that is.

Last evening was such a nice evening. I got home and DD Sara and the kids were here and DS Jason. Love it when they are all here ~ having a good time ~ laughing and visiting. Such a happy sound. I don't get to see DS very much as our hours/schedules don't work out that we can get together very often. So, I especially enjoy getting a chance to see him.

Hope you all are doing well and have a good rest tonight.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #29  

busy day here,my friend's mom passed last night and ive been with her. i think the hardest part after the initial shock and grieving was getting my head wrapped around the fact that i wasn't someones child anymore.no matter our age our moms and dads are so impt in our lives. hoping your day was a happy one rosey

breakfast
coffee
fruit and nut larabar

lunch
egg sand.
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
orange chix
potatoe salad

snack
cheese stick
grapes

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-04-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone from a chilly PA (26 Degrees) The weather is going to warm up after today, so I can finally get out in the garden....time to plant radishes, spinach, lettuce and swiss chard. I love fresh veggies and working outside....come on Spring!
Renee3 is offline   Reply With Quote