Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #136  

Hi everyone from sunny alaska i did some porch sitting in that sun today and it felt heavenly. last evening we went to a bd party for a friend who turned 91,spry as a crickett and has all her marbles,such a lovely lady,and the food was great. sent steve to get me a plate,i told him no carbs and he goes "huh" so i said no bread,sugar,or crackers. he did great for me but knows me so well and gave me a very small piece of bd cake. today was house work day and now im gorking in my lift chair. tootsies on the back of the chair half on my head and peeking down at me like a little vulture. she is so CUTE. hoping your day was good too. rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt with 1/4 c kelloggs sp k low fat granola

lunch
a piece of chix ranch pizza
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
3 sm bq meatballs
green salad
watermelon

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-22-2013 at 09:22 PM.
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Donna, sorry to hear about your neighbor. Have you heard anymore? I'm sending prayers. Keep us updated.

How are you feeling now? Things going good at work?

I know about those heavy wet snows in the spring out there.... I don't miss them at all but I am starting to get tired of all the rain here too. the other night we got 3 1/2 inches overnight... And tonight it is supposed to start raining again and continue through tomorrow...
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #138  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Weekend went by too fast, back to work today. One day down, three more to go. But my day off Friday ~ I have to go back there for a computer class ~ 4 hours.

Not much going on here. Well, stuff, but not fun and not fun for you all to listen to. You know ~ the creeky achy body.

It was a nice sun shiny day today. Always can use those.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick drop in. They moved ds house a day early. It's on his lot. So I don't have to worry about the rain that's coming. Watch after all the worrying we miss it. Lol. Gotta go.
Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #140  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Went to the gym as usual this morning except dh went to a tai chi class so we went our separate ways. He likes the class as it is his style and says he will continue. I am taking that homeopathic med that's made from snack venum again and it is really helping to relieve the hot flashes. Since they aren't so bad anyway now, it almost wipes them out totally. Yea! So I'm sleeping better now. After the gym we went grocery shopping. Came home for lunch and to rest and I haven't moved much since. Gotta get moving'!

I lost 2.2 pounds this past week. I won't be excited until I've lost at least ten pounds. I'm really tired of recycling the pounds!, but at least right now I'm going in the right direction.

Dh is calling me so no time for personals. It's a beautiful day here and I should get outside with him and enjoy it. I think it's about 61 degrees.

ETA my days eating. I'm still not eating right for the plan I'm trying to follow but at least I am more careful about the amounts and timing of my meals.

breakfast
PB mocha with added fiber - only 1 t. PB so would be on plan except for the sugar.

am snack - two small samples while shopping - some kind of fairly healthy type snack and flavored water

lunch
low-sodium turkey and black forest ham slices on Ezekial bread with 1 t. mustard
1/4 large apple

snack
sunflower seeds and few small pieces chocolate - off plan because of sugar and too much carb.

dinner
sloppy joe
brussell sprouts with a tiny (less than 1/2 t.) bit of Smart Balance

evening snack will be a few strawberries

Last edited by maryea; 04-23-2013 at 09:03 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #141  

Hi everyone. it rained last nite and this am it turned to wet slushy snow.nothing sticking but is dreary out and cold. I spent the day working on the baby quilt i'm making for my niece. i figured i would make one using only the material i had on hand ,huh that didnt work, but its sure going to be cute. dh was feeling some better today. i have a dr apt early tomorrow morning and then errands to run, nothing exciting. Maryea congrats on the loss, wtg hope you all have anice evening. rosey

breakfast
2 eggs scambled
sm slice ham
coffee

lunch
tuna salad wrapped in lettuce leaves

snack
coffee mocha
cheese stick
1/2 apple

dinner
small steak
stuffed baked zucnni ( i made a small tunnel in the squash and added pizza sauce
parmesan cheese,garlic,sliced cherry tomatoes,mozzarella cheese on top,and baked it was wonderful)

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-23-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning from a stormy Louisiana. It's pouring rain. I have one lucky lil son. They were supposed to move his house this afternoon but they bumped him up to yesterday. He was super excited when he came home from work and saw it set up on his lot. I saw the Midwest is flooding again. That water has to come down here and to the gulf. Last summer we went thru that and everything was flooded. I hope it doesn't happen again. They said on the news this morning those people will get another month and a half of heavy rain and flooding. I hope any of you guys are not on these rivers.

Rosey when do y'all usually stop getting snow?

Mary congrats on the weight loss.

Karen31 are you on the Missouri river? Is that one of the rivers that are overflowing their banks?

Bobbi how are the renovations going? Did you get to take any pics?

Laundry is ready to be switched. Gotta run. Hi to all i missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #143  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

Quick check in... almost time to get ready for work.

CK - thanks for asking. The neighbor had a TIA, spent a couple of days in the hospital. I don't know if they're trying to protect her because of her age, but they told her that a TIA is "perfectly normal", that it "will never re-occur" and that it "is not a prelude to a stroke"! I was appalled. They did tell her that if she ever thinks she has had a stroke to get to the hospital within the 4 hour window. She sounded great when I talked to her last night.

And, yes, I'm quite well again. Again, thanks for asking I appreciate that.

Are you still getting weather? I hope, hope, hope that we're finished with snow for the year. I have to say that I'm, um, like, SICK of it!

Rosey - your menu sounded good, substantial without going overboard. And is your doc apptment to do with the upcoming tuck? Exciting!

Mary - I don't know how you can sustain your menu. It's so little food!! I'd be gnawing the paint off the wall. You have plenty of won't power! Congrats on your weight loss!

Cajun - glad things are working out for your DS.

Gayle - you sound good.

Anyone and everyone else, hope your day is going well. I'm off to see the Wizard!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!

Donna, glad to know that your neighbor is back home. My MIL used to have a lot of those TIA's and I can't understand why they said it would never happen again.... Oh well, at least she is home and I'm sure is paying more attention to her body.
Glad that you are feeling better and I know what you mean about the snow--I'm tired of it for you! The other night we got 3 1/2 inches of rain overnight! And then night before last we got a little over 1/2 and inch more! Everything is really green but getting tired of all the rain... I know about the end of July I will be wishing for some rain.... but that is July!!!

Cajun, No we are no where close to the Missouri river or the Mississippi.. We are in the southwest corner of MO..we are just about an hour from the Kansas line. We are in Webb City, which is a small town next to Joplin. But thanks for asking about me. All the rain has made things so pretty and green....Tim has already had to mow 4 times!! I swear the grass grows a couple inches overnight!!

Mary, congrats on your weight loss! I need to get back on SOME wagon!! I have tracked all my food that I eat and I don't eat way over but then again I DON'T get up and move like I should either.. Need to get a plan!

Gayle, keep your good attitude. I'm sure things get stressful there but know that you are so loved! It is hard sharing a home..I know, I've done it several time and would again, but there isn't a house BIG enough for two familes to live in for to long.

Rosie--I like that it has been warming up enough for you to sit out in the sun! It has been to cold here the last few weeks other than maybe a day of two.

I know I have missed some and I didn't do it intentionaly. I got up late again this morning. I don't know what I'm late for, but I do need to get some more house work done. Shampooed our bedroom carpet the other day and I need to do the Living room and dining room. Probably not get it all done today but need to get some done.

I think if this carpet ever gets bad---- I want to replace with hardwoods or laminate! I will always have a furbaby or two and carpet and pets don't always mix! Between weather and an occasional accident!

Take it easy everyone and will catch you later!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #145  

Didn't go to the gym this morning as I had a PT appt. My arm is better although it can still really hurt at times, but I notice my range of motion is much better with some of the exercises. They added back three that I used to do for my back today and they really hurt but hopefully it will get easier in time like the others. Today I was able to dry off my back much better and without pain so that is progress!

It is a beautiful day. I did a few minutes weeding after I got back. Now resting and need to get something to eat. I try to eat about every three hours.

Meals (so far. will try to get back and add more)
breakfast - good finally on plan!
Green Tea Smoothie (yummy!) - had 1/4 banana, 3/4 c frozen blueberries, 1/3 cup almond milk, plus 1 t. honey plus the green tea.
egg white scrambled in 1 t. coconut oil

am snack
small hard candy

lunch - Off plan due to sugar in mocha mix plus too many carbs for my bs! Shouldn't have had the mocha :-(
turkey and ham sandwich with mustard
heaping cup of red radishes (I didn't count them but it was the whole bunch) I LOVE radishes!:-)
mocha frappe made with almond milk

afternoon snack
sunflower seeds
diabetic dark chocolate bars - YUCK!! I threw them out after eating one small bar.

dinner
vegetable beef soup and crackers

evening snack
4 pc chocolate

BTW, if anyone decides to buy the Trim Healthy Mama book I recommend the hard copy even though it's expensive at $30+. I understand it's a large book. I think it's worth the price now but I bought the PDF version and am not very happy with the format. They also allowed me to download another version for my iPad and it's better but I'd still like to have the hard copy. They could have done a lot better job with the iPad copy!...they didn't put the names in the chapters and that is awkward...as unless you memorize them you have to go to each one to find what you want! Wierd! I expect in time it will get cheaper or one can buy used but not yet.

Donna - The protein and fiber really helps. Plus the way I'm eating now I can also have some really fat meals if I want, I mean real butter even except I haven't bought any yet! I do use coconut oil totally now for frying/sauteing. And fat is filling. I try to switch out the kinds of meals I have whether fat/pro/little carb or carb/pro/tiny bit fat, but I notice I tend to go more with the carb rather than fat type. I'm not very good at it yet but I'm getting better. My breakfast today was perfect I think. It's just a learning curve and I'm sure it will get easier. I'm not a big meal eater (breakfast/lunch/dinner), but I still eat too much at my snacks. So far my blood sugars have been no worse and have been better a couple times since I started eating like this. I don't seem to get very hungry so far.

Cajun - Happy for your son. And at least he isn't far from you and you can share in his excitement.

Last edited by maryea; 04-25-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #146  

Hi everyone. it stopped snowing and the suns back but its really cold out. my dr aptment went well except for my b/p it was elevated again so she put me on another med. yikes i hate taking them but the alternative is worse. she had a student dr with her today and introduced me as her miracle patient, it made my day. thats my 3rd rash check,3 more togo and then hopefully i will be approved for my tuck did errands and paid bills "poof day" but am greatful as the bills are paid, i have food in the house,gas in our car, and some left over whoohoo. hoping you have reasons to be greatful too rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
left over zucnnii

snack
coffee mocha
protein bar ( larabar cherry cobbler)

dinner
orange chix bites
fresh fruit salad (all from wallmart deli no cooking )
Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #147  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Bruce gutted the basement yesterday, took most of the dry wall out. He'll finish that today and we have our 21 year old GS coming over to haul it all out of the basement to the dumpster we have sitting in the yard.
Today I have to buy a power washer so we can power wash all the basement walls before painting. I got two closets painted with Kilz, filled in the plaster spots missing after removing the base boards of the closet
Hope everyone is getting good weather.
Rosey, you get a little tan today while sitting on the deck

Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #148  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Three days down (work) ~ one more to go.

Headache yesterday ~ GRRRRRR ~ was still there this morning when I woke up, but is somewhat better now (knock on wood).

Thursdays are the days SIL has the kids for a bit in the evenings ~ I've gotten so I hate Thursdays ~ never know what BS is going to go down.

DD Sara's divorce thing is gonna be a long bumpy ride. SIL makes every step of the way difficult. The lawyers said 9mo to a year before it's final. Wonder why it takes so long?

Ok, better finish getting ready for work. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

For Rosey ~ some warm sun shiny deck time.

Bobbi and Bruce the demolition crew

Outta time for more ~ Hello to Donna, Cajun, K3, K31, Mary
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #149  

I'll try to make this fast as the gc are playing quietly together right now. I have played catch and Sorry with the oldest (6) and now he's on my ipad. I downloaded a new game so that should keep him busy for a while. It is a beautiful day but actually got pretty warm while we were outside so staying inside for a while.

My meals - went off plan big time as we ate out with dd and the gc, so didn't have what I'd planned.
breakfast
PB mocha frappe with added fiber and only 1 t. pb

afternoon snack
sunflower seeds
mocha frappe

lunch
ham, salami and turkey sandwich
1/2 banana

dinner (edited)
2 smallish pcs of combo pizza
shared rhubarb and raspberry crisp with vanilla ice cream with dh but I ate most of it as he didn't like it.

Last edited by maryea; 04-25-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: to add more
Old 04-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #150  

Hi everyone.beautiful day sunny but cold. ive been doing housework ugh,i need a good fairy to wave a wand and its all done. I got a phone call from the plastic surgeon in anch and got an aptment for june 26th. im soo excited about this. tooks my b/p this am and it was 121/72 way better than yesterday so the new med is working. maryea glad you are enjoying your grs,bobbie i can hear the excitement in your voice over the renovations am happy for you. i watched am idol last night,some really good singers but the judges stink. also is any one else a duck dynasty fan,love that show,the old man si is alot like my steve for real lol. nothing else going on. hugs for all rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
orange chix
fresh mixed fruit iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
suppose to be spahgetti but subject to change if im feeling lazy

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-25-2013 at 06:06 PM.