Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #121  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Birthday KarenMo Your birthday is easy to remember, it's my sister Valie's birthday today too.

Good Morning, sorry but no time to chatter today. We're looking at another home this morning. I'll just post my menu from yesterday and read all the new post when I get home later today.

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
Applesauce
Yogurt
Vitamins

Lunch:
Kale veggie soup
Pineapple & Banana skim milk shake

Supper:
Chicken & Veggies over gnocchi
Homemade lime jello with pineapple/cool whip

Evening snack:

Lemon Custard with sf/ff cool whip
Popcorn with sugar and pepper

38 grams of fiber
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mary, I realize there are many kids who move back in with their parents. I understand that the economy is bad right now and many can't find jobs that will support them. What's really bad is when they get married and have kids, and THEN move back. When I was a kid and the family and grandparents lived in the same home, the finances were blended to pay the household expenses, and the grandparents were able to help out with some household chores and child care. Also, the grandparents had someone to keep an eye on their health. It worked. It's so different when kids move back home, because in many cases, the kids just want a place to sleep and eat and contribute nothing. I know they aren't all that way and parents who have kids who pitch-in are very fortunate. When I moved out of my mother's home she told me I'd never make it. That made me so determined to live in a cardboard box if I had to rather than go home and admit she was right. I made it with no cardboard box!

Bobbi - I am curious to know how many WW Points you eat daily. It goes according to the total fat, carbs, fiber and protein. I would bet it's low. I have cut back on the amount of food I eat each day, but I'm still eating too many carbs. I'll work on that next.

Karen31- Happy Birthday! Do something special for yourself!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #123  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISSY CK........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

: cheer::

Last edited by jess1; 02-14-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thank you Bobbi, Donna and CarolSue! Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day too! Don't have a lot of time this morning... need to get a few things done and get ready for Bible study this afternoon and then we'll see where the day leads me! Have a great one!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Birthday Karen
Old 02-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #126  

Thanks Karen! Happy Valentine's Day to you
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #127  

Happy Birthday Karen,hope its awesome rosey
Old 02-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #128  
Susanjean

S/C/G: 186/170/130

Default Confused about joining Golden Girls

I have sent questions to the administrator,but no answers. I very much want to be a part of this group,but i sent a thread and some post,and don't know where to look for replies. Looked at my email account and nothing there. I clicked instant email notification. I really need the support. Thanks,SusanJean
Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #129  
MaryGee

Karen31:
I hope you have a M-A-R-V-E-L-O-U-S and B-L-E-S-S-E-D DAY!!

The sun is shining here, and the snow is melting away. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Working hard at staying on track but SO as usual is always trying to push food in my face. Aggravates the heck out of me!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #130  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Susan Jean...at the top of the pages, click on support forum, scroll down to Age50+, click on that and look for Golden Girls.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-14-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #131  
MaryGee

WELCOME SUSANJEAN!!

Computer ate my original response -- started a new thread to be sure you'd see it.

Jump right in anytime!!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey Goldie's
Happy valentines day! Happy birthday Karen. Hope your day is blessed. Today marks 1 year that I started my weight loss journey. What a journey it's been. I can't say it has been bad because it wasn't that bad. I think the hardest part was thanksgiving and Xmas and the month after. I was not on top of things. The hardest part was getting back on 2 weeks ago. I think it going good so far. Did I ever think I would be 50 lbs lighter and down 6 sizes. No! But I did it. I hope to finish my journey by October. Dh and I are taking a trip to the smokey mountains to see the fall colors. 7.5 months away. I think is about 5.5 lbs a month. I think thats possible. I'm trying.

Bobbi~ I was talking about your lemon tree. Lol.

Susan jean~welcome.

Marygee~ I'm so glad you are having a beautiful day after all the snow you received. We get nothing but rain.

Hi rosey, carolsue, karenfl

Hey maryea. I will be glad when we hear from you. Hope you are ok.

It's time to start supper.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

SusanJean - I saw the post where you asked about Golden Girls and now that you seem to have found your way here, I hope you come back and join in. If you clicked instant email notification you should receive an email when someone posts anything in this thread, but not necessarily in reply to your post. You will get only 1 email per day, no matter how many posts have been added. I hope you understand this. I'm not very good an explaining it!

All the theads in 50+ are geared toward us seniors, but not limited to. We welcome all who want to join in.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #134  

Thanks for all the brithday wishes! It has been a really nice day and I'm stuffed! It seems like this week has been all about food! But thats OK .. Decided to just go to Culvers for dinner tonight and probably go to Bob Evans for breakfast Saturday morning then I"ll get back on track and fix all the damage that has been done. Don't think it is too bad but decided to not even weigh in again until the end of next week. In the meantime I'll drink enough water to float a battleship and hope that helps!!

Sure hope everyone had a good day! And a Happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning Goldie's
Today is weigh on day. I'm getting back down to my original weight before thanksgiving. 3 more lbs to go. I was at 204. It seems like I can't get to that 199 number.
Packing for the camp today. Our oldest son has started his new job so he has the weekend off after 3 years of working all weekends. Youngest son just finished a 10 day turnaround so he has the weekend off too. They are coming to the camp with us along with both their girlfriends. Both boys will go rabbit hunting with dh. It's not very often I get my family together at once with their work schedules. Next weekend is the last weekend for hunting season. I've been packing every weekend and going to the camp since the end of September. I will be lost on weekends at home and not having to pack. That is until Theodore of April when we go to our summer camp and start fishing. That last until September. Them its back to winter camp. Lol I guess you could say I live out of a suitcase. Oh we'll we love doing it.

I've ran out of time. Hello to all!!
Hugs
Cajun
Closed Thread