Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy....Quiet weekend and after shopping yesterday have nothing besides laundry on must do list. Have got to start back eating lunch. I am not hungry until after 3:00 and that's a dumb time to eat even a snack. But come 9pm I'm begging for LUNCH! So I can't change me I'm resigning meals. Bkft at 8am Lunch is 5pm and dinner is 9pm. Dinner is light just 2-3mozza stix and little boiled ham. Bedtime is never before 2am, so it should work.

Gayle...The house Troll took the pin cushion. Let him have it and he will return it because it's no fun when you agree.

Rosey...I've seen pictures of Alaska cabbage (hugh!) was that 1/4 potato Aka size....snicker snicker. How is your MIL?

Bobbi...blue berry BBQ sauce. I'd eat it by the bowl. How is baby charlie brown?

Big write up in Sunday paper on how the county will get by without income from the power plant. Funny how they now call taxes any thing but taxes. Don't cut back spending just rearrange payments. OMG if 5th grades didn't get swimming lessons????? LOL I remember taking Red Cross lessons at the pond at the boys reformatory. Learn quick because the pond bottom was mucky and hated the squishy toe feeling. We had to pay for the lessons, too.

Cajun must be at camp

Maryae lost her DB this week. Our prayers are with her.

Other Mary what kind of work did you do before you retired?

It's been a month since I had the cardioverion and I still feel Good. Staying Afibless.....

Sat menu
Bkft...eggs with sprinkle of cheese
turkey sausage
Lunch...taco salad

Dinner...3 mozza stix
3oz boiled ham

Calories 1073 carbs 53.3 Need more vegies but salad was filled with beans.

BBL k3

ps just drove up and down Sun Coast Blvd here in town and counted empty stores.... 72! Not counting the mall with Sears etc gone.....this is a town of less than 3500 in the summer.....and it is going to get worse with the power plant closing.... so sad

Last edited by Karen3; 02-10-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #77  

HI, I haven't been on this thread in along time. I started doing WW about a month ago. But I remember in past discussions with you guys, about making homemade yogurt, so I thought I would post a question.

Does anyone know how to make yogurt using almond or coconut milk, and can you use a yogurt maker to do it? I ask this because I can not eat regular dairy yogurt and thought this might be a good option for me.

Thanks so much for any replys.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #78  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

K3 ~ the house troll was kind enough to return my pin cushion

I think it slid off the pile of stuff I was carrying and I didn't know it because it landed on the carpet and so I didn't hear it fall. It was under the edge of a book shelf in the hall.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #79  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Chick...I made yogurt once with almond soy milk and it works, just not quite as creamy as dry powdered skim milk.

K3...I'm the proud parent of 9 (yes I counted them) itty bitty leaves on two of the branches, the other branches haven't sprouted anything yet.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #80  

Hi everyone. another quiet day here. Bobbie you are right about the guys not liking the new finances. steve's allready grumbling. i adapt easy,him not at all i think there will be future temper tantrums from him as he is very spoiled hmmmm did i do that yup i did.forreal, those are all good ideas,and have allready started list of cutbacks, im good at creative financing. glynne gald you found the missing item,you are not alone as i do things like that all thetime. K3 the potatoe's are from wallmart. a 20# bag of big nice bakers for 6.99. and i cook 1 and its enuff for us both. as far as the cabbage they do grow big here lol. Lynn so glad to hear from you,sry for your dd. Have agreat evening and come on little lemon tree,please grow for mama bobbie rosey

breakfast
cinamon latte

brunch
1 egg
1 sausage link
1 slice ww toast with spray butter and sf marmalade

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
chicked breast
1/2 c potatoe salad
iced tea

snack
1 c grapes

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-10-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #81  
MaryGee

Rosie -- Why is it men are so resistent to making changes? They act like spoiled children. And talk about tantrums -- my SO went crazy last night, flipping out because I misplaced my wallet -- I told him to calm down - I knew it was in the house, not lost -- but he was actually throwing papers and pillows, etc. all over the place and freaking out because he always has me carry his ID, etc. in my wallet and he thought I lost them. And I did find it about two minutes later between the cushions on the love seat. He, on the other hand, is always losing his bottle of prescription medication because he never leaves it in the same spot -- it's not unusual for him to have to search for a couple of hours before he finds it. But that's "different" for some reason. Someday I'm going to knock his block off - I get so mad at the double standard!!

Karen3-I used to work as a claims adjuster at an insurance company -- what "fun" that was. Stress, stress, stress. The claims people would make -- they would have about $200 damage to their car and suddenly you'd think they won the lottery! They'd start treating with a chiro, go to physical therapy, have multiple MRIs, and see psych for anxiety and stress - then make a claim for thousands of dollars. (I know it is possible to be injured even with minor damage to your car - but that's pretty unusual --I'd see claim after claim for these really minor claims, sometimes with no visible damage to the cars. I totalled my car once, got knocked out and went to e/r--and I was back to work the next day with no ill effects!! Our company had no problem paying claims -- that's what insurance is for -- but there are so many greedy, greedy people "playing the game". People complain about their insurance rates - but they're high because of so many fraudulent claims.

Bobbi - if we send our address to you, can we place an order for lemon pies this summer? I know your tree is going to be bursting with lemons soon!!

Still waiting for SO to do some shoveling -- since we have no appointments this week, I think he plans on letting the sun do the job for him--he's just so full of energy (not!)

Have a nice evening ladies!

(Just noticed - another long post -- I must be stir-crazy, going on and on -- I'll try to be more brief in the future!)
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #82  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

MaryGee...we'll all give K3 our addresses and she will send us lemon pies since she has full grown Myer lemon trees in her yard. Right K3?

Just going to post yesterday's menu and calories since I reversed Saturday and Sunday. (I don't normally count calories on Sundays)
I had planned on baking a whole chicken with green bean casserole, will make that today instead. We had a last minute realtor guy coming with new clients to see the house so I didn't cook much.

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
Applesauce
Yogurt
Vitamins

Lunch:
Veggie Soup

Supper:
Fried Egg beater sandwich with ketsup
Veggie soup
Lemon Custard with sf/ff cool whip

Evening snack:
350 calories worth of real popcorn popped with peanut oil.
My treat to have with Downton Abbey.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Default Funny Grandson

My four year old grandson was here yesterday and DH had a deck of playing cards on the coffee table. DH said "Let's see who can draw the highest card." DH held up his card and said "I got a Queen!" GS drew a card and it was a King. He said "I got Abraham Lincoln!" LOL LOL I don't know how he knows about Abraham Lincoln unless they have been talking about President's Day at preschool.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

oh thanks Bobbi....... k3

ps why oh why are there ads for KFC chicken pot pies here on 3FC?...my weakness
Old 02-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #85  
MaryGee

Default Grandkids!!

Carol Sue -- What a kick!!

I never realized what a joy grandkids are -- until my daughter had a baby! What a joy!! Being a grandmother has brought me so much happiness. My grandaughter is going to be 3 in July - she is a dream. She came for a visit last week and when her mother let her out of the car she saw me and she just came running - she was as happy to see me as I was to see her. She's talking on the phone now. Last night she was telling me she was having "pizzie pie" for supper My daughter says when she plays with her toy phone she pretends she's talking to "Grammy and Poppy". (Melts my heart I always make sure I fuss over my daughter when she comes -- because I remember once when my daughter was 3 and I brought her to New York to visit my folks, my mother brushed by me to get to her granddaughter! I said "All I am is the taxi driver!" Funny!

I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful daughter who has grown to be a beautiful, good kind person after overcoming some very difficult times, and she has become a wonderful mother who has given me a precious granddaughter. Life is good.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello Goldie's
It's raining again. Yuk. Went to the camp this weekend as usual. Saturday night we were cooking at friends camp. I had to leave Saturday afternoon and go to a wedding reception for a little while. When I got back to my camp I had a camp full of hunters. Don't know what happened to neighbor cooking. Oh we'll it was no problem. Just a mess to clean up. Dh did most of it. I had a very good weekend on my diet. Even at the reception. I was eyeballing that wedding cake but resisted it. I ate nothing there. I was kinda proud of that. Missed Friday jogging. Never do it on weekends as we are pretty busy at the camp but today I will jump back on it. Thursday is valentines day and that marks 1 year for me on my new lifestyle. I was hoping to be at goal but it didn't happen. My dh said that it took me more than a year to put it on so I shouldn't worry about time as long as I move forward toward my goal and get there. So I'll listen to him and keep going forward with this.
Tomorrow oldest son starts his new career as an NDT. He is looking forward to his new job. I'm praying he does ok with it and likes it.
Friday was a year that I lost my precious dad. It was a day of sorrow and a joyful day all in one. My niece was due to have her baby girl on feb 26. Due to toxcemia and high blood pressure the doctor send her to the hospital on the same day that my dad passed 1 year ago. She delivered a beautiful baby girl. My dad never liked being the center of attention. Guess he knew how his passing was still so raw and wanted that day to be joyful instead. My neice kept saying she was going to have her that day.

Marygee~ lol. You can rant all you want. We are there for you. I like long post. Makes very interesting reading. Lol

Bobbi ~ yay for Charlie. He might make it and surprise you. How could he not with all this love. Ha!

Gayle~ glad you found you pin cushion. I know how frustrated you were.

Chick~ welcome back!! Don't be a stranger!!!

Karenfl~ lol. You are right. I was at the camp. I usually don't post on weekends. At the camp there is no time. Sounds like your Lil town has hard times ahead. So many people struggling. It's a sad situation

Maryea ~ I'm so sorry about your db.

Ran out of time. I've been pecking at this post since this morning. Geez! Hello to all.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #87  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey ladies Sorry I have been MIA but I have been Sick I have bronchitis again the hubby has it so bad he has to do breathing treatments 3 times a day.

For those who don't me me here is a little about me.

I am 42 a mother of 3 I have been married for going on 27 years now. I have been over weight ever since I can remember. I weigh now around 280 give a little . Since I have been sick I know I have gained the little I lost since it was most water weight. A year ago we moved in with my husband aunt to help her out financially and medically and now since we have been here a year things are getting tough. We have spent a weeks here with everyone arguing and going around and round since things have calmed down things have to change. I told my 23 and 18 year olds they need to get out and make a life for them self. They only one at home would be my 15 year old.

I have had a constant struggle with my weight and I want to put a stop to it this year. I am diabetic I have high blood pressure and Triglercydes problems. Plus the weight is awfully on my knees and my other joints I jest want some relief. My obgyn wanted me to go in and see about surgery but I don't like that Idea . I know I didn't get this way in one day and I know it gonna take a while to get it off but I feel it something I need to do.

I am willing to hear anyone help full hints and opinion and anything that You are willing to share I am so desperate to find some good easy cheap recipes that I can have on had always with out alot of work.

Any way Thanks for taking the time and listening to me babble. Will check back later.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #88  
Lizzie

S/C/G: 210.8/208.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, uh, afternoon, ladies! I want to be a Golden Girl, too, so I'm going to jump right in. I'm Liz (or Lizzie--take your pick). I'm 52 and I live in upstate New York. (Just a little upstate. Not near Canada upstate.) I have a daughter who's nearly nine and keeps me on my toes and a stepdaughter who's 29 and SADLY FOR ME lives in California. (She keeps me on my toes, too.)

I wanna lose a whole lot of weight--but how many times have I said that in the past? Uh...many? Right now I'm counting calories, tracking what I burn (I use a Fitbit. I'm afraid that I'll get caught looking in my bra at it in public sometime) and getting in at least a 1,000 calorie deficit a day. I've been doing this for--let me count the days here--one day. Impressed, right?

As for eating, I try to stay heavy on lean protein and veggies and fruits but mainly I try to stay away from processed foods. Trying to eat large amounts of things that are good for me and much smaller portions of those that aren't. My daughter decided yesterday that she wanted to make cupcakes by herself (pretty much) so I had her make a batch of four. (And I had one for dessert and it was yummy.)

I’m at home today because school was cancelled yet again. (Ice this time…on top of our foot of snow.) The girl and I finished Valentine’s Day stuff, ‘cause her school party is tomorrow. (Thursday is the school math celebration. I am not making that up. I am informed that there will be cake.)

Tomorrow I’ll start personals, as I’m trying to figure out who’s who around here. But I already know that I want in on the lemon pie by mail…

Liz
Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #89  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, Lovelies!

I hope all the EastCoasters weathered their storm… and I hope the anticipated next one doesn’t arrive in a few days! We got about ½”. I thank you for your contribution!

Rosey – what a busy girl you’ve been! Is Steve doing okay with his PT? I was amazed at the financial advisor’s advice to get rid of $600 in expenses. That’s just about my entire income! I wonder where else I could cut???? Sounds like you’re keeping busy! Are you enjoying the Baldacci book? I really enjoy him! I just started Jodi Picoult’s Lone Wolf. So far, I’ve never been disappointed with her books. My mom (and, therefore, I, also) has been on an Amish kick, so I’ve ordered her a ton of books from the library, and I’m over them! For the most part, they’re very uplifting and very NICE; this last author, though, just irritated me to death… what a bunch of whiny and snivelly characters! Luckily, true love was able to see through the angst and all was just swell… sigh. (bah!)

MaryGee – were you able to figure out how to do the quotes? Bobbi’s instructions are for the “advanced” posting mode; however, you can do the same thing on the “quick” posting mode… just find that little box by the stamped envelope, the one with the squiggly writing in it.

I was totally fascinated and SO IMPRESSED with your budgeting cutbacks! That was really awe inspiring! A lot of those things I do already, but there is still more I could do. I need to invest in a new tv (mine is probably 20 years old!), and then I can get rid of Dish, since I’ll have HD on the new tv. I can watch shows and movies on HuluPlus or through NetFlix, both of which are a lot cheaper than Dish. That would save a LOT every year! I did figure out that I could totally retire, if this PT job should go away. I know that getting hired now would be almost impossible. It was hard enough the last time! I wouldn’t have a spare dime every month, but I could make it.

Bobbi – any real estate news??? No, I’ve never tried the restaurant you mentioned from Diners & Dives…it sounds good, though, and it’s not that far from my house. You can come and visit me, and I’ll take you there for lunch!

Gayle – how’s your DD? And I’m so glad your gremlin returned your pin cushion!!

Hey, Chicadeee – welcome back!

Cajun – hi…

Butterfly – I’ve tried every diet on the face of the earth, I think… this time, I’m using SparkPeople, and for the first time, I feel like I have a fighting chance. I’m losing a little every day, and it’s been easy and NO HUNGER. It might be worth checking out. I’ve used other tracking sites, like FitDay, but, for some reason, this one is working for me. GOOD LUCK!!

Lizzie - welcome! I love your sense of humor. Stick around; you'll be a good addition to the group!

Better get back to work. Hope you’re all having a good Monday… later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 02-11-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #90  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

JessI love Spark People I have to get back on the site.
Closed Thread