Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello girls
Today was weigh in and I'm pleased to say that it was 209. I know my ticker say 205 and I refuse to move it. That's where I was before I started messing up. I'm still doing the mini trampoline and floor exercises.
Some of my cravings are getting better. That's a good sign. I'm packing for the camp and hoping to stay on plan. I have to. NO CARBS!!! I keep telling myself.

We are supposed to get more rain.

Bobbi ~ the last I heard you had 6 leaves on your Charlie Brown tree. Maybe the light will help it pick up.

Karenfl~I see the same thing happening in a lot of small towns. It amazes me how some stupid things are more important than realistic things.

Marygee~ sweets are my weakness. I try to avoid at all. The fist part ofy weight loss I would take a bite of whatever desserts were served and I was ok with that. I'm hoping to get back to that routine. Stay safe from the blizzard!

Time to pack!! Hello to all

Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I use WalMart brand egg beaters. I've tried them all and I think WalMart's brand is the best tasting. Instead of buying a large one, I buy 2 small one's at a time. They have a pretty good sell-by date as long as they aren't open. I like them mixed with some sauteed mushrooms. DH won't eat them, so the only time I eat regular eggs is if he's cooking breakfast, or if we eat out. There's one restaurant in town that serves egg beaters with turkey sausage and whole grain toast.

I'm glad you posted the addtl info for the cake. DH doesn't like Angel Food but I think he would like it with the peaches in it.

I also saved the recipe for the cauliflower. DH would eat that, but he would want a side of potatoes, too. LOL I will never change Mr Potato Head!

Mary - I hope you made it through the blizzard! I'll bet the grocery store was packed with everyone stocking up. As long as the power doesn't go out you will still be able to cook.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

An update - my DD went to UofP doctor yesterday about her Graves disease. The radiation has not yet completed its work (could take up to 6 months before the attack on the thyroid is completed).

The B&B closing date is March 8. We 3 are supposed to leave for FL tomorrow morning (weather is NOT cooperating). If we can get down there by Monday, an inspection is scheduled on a house in Venice Beach.

I am in same spot weight-wise as last time I posted. Not gaining weight, but not eating right. I continue to hope that once my DD's health issues are resolved & we get our living arrangements settled, I can get back to focusing on healthy eating.

Hope everyone is well,

Lynn
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #64  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lynn...thanks for the update, so sorry you and family have to go thru this.
Carol Sue, I use Walmart brand too, but will buy smaller cartons from now on.
Anyone like tapioca pudding?
Quote:

Sugar Free Crockpot Tapioca Pudding
1 quarts non fat milk
6 Tablespoons Cup pearl tapioca
1/2 Cup Splenda
6 Tablespoons Cup egg substitute (egg starts, egg beaters, etc...)
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • sugar free whip topping
Directions

Combine milk, tapioca and Splenda in crockpot. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours until tapioca softens. Temper egg substitute by combining the hot mixture into the eggs a bit at a time until warm. Combine into crockpot and add vanilla. Cook 30 minutes. Transfer to dish to cool in refrigerator. To eliminate pudding skin place plastic wrap directly on pudding. Once cool fold whip topping in. Delicious served with sliced bananas. 8 servings. 81 calories per serving

Low Calorie Tapioca Pudding
3 cups skim milk
1/4 cup sugar or splenda, stevia, etc.
3 Tbsp minute tapioca
1 egg, beaten or egg beaters
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of nutmeg
1. In a small saucepan, whisk together the milk, sugar, tapioca, and egg. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Add a pinch of nutmeg.
2. Bring the pudding to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Once the pudding has reached a boil, remove from the heat, and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Pudding may then be eaten warm, or refrigerate immediately.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-08-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #65  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola!

Geez, miss one day, and it takes a major effort to get caught up…. Here goes!

Bobbi – I’m sending pats and pets for your lemon tree. Did I ever tell you about my Rose of Sharon cutting? This was several years ago, and the thing was this stick with a teeny little green bump on the end… I babied it through an entire winter and planted it in the spring (the bump turned into ONE leaf!). It’s now a bush, a couple of feet tall, and pretty in the summer! It’s amazing, the life force! Good luck with your tree, too!

I agree with you about the HungryGirl recipes. I like to look at the site, but I don’t do anything with it. I am, however, totally enamored with SparkPeople these days! It’s the first time that I feel like I have a fighting chance, and I don’t quite know what changed. So far, so good!!

Any realty news?

CarolSue – the gazelle glider I have is the generic (aka CHEAP) kind, too, just the bar across the top. It serves its purpose. Since I’m at the very low end of the exercise tolerance chart, it’s plenty sufficient for me!

Cajun - you're doing fine! Keep up the good work!

MaryMA (we have another Mary, too) – good luck with the storm, and I hope it’s not nearly as bad as anticipated. The EastCoast has had ENOUGH (what did you all do to annoy Mama Nature so much??????).

KarenFL – so sad about your little community. I was noticing last night, too, that both the Target and the KMart are gone in my neighborhood, as well as a couple of little restaurants. It’s sad.

Lynn - good to hear from you. Are you hunkered down or will the storm pass you by? Good thoughts for your DD; I know how much you worry about her.

Can’t quite decide what kind of a day it’ll be… chilly but blue sky. I wish we could have a little of the storm the EastCoast will get, so they could have less. Spread the wealth!

Just finished lunch (cup veggie soup, so good! and a protein shake)… good to go until dinner! Better get to work! Later, lovelies!!

Last edited by jess1; 02-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #66  
MaryGee

Default Hi Ladies...

Figured I'd drop a note now in case we lose power during the storm. It's not too bad right now, but they've already declared a state of emergency and no cars are allowed on the road after 4:00. I'm waiting to hear from my daughter - when I spoke with her last night she said she would probably just stay home from work today, but since the snow hadn't started by the early morning she went in to work and was planning on leaving early. I went out earlier because foolish me I ran out of some of my blood pressure meds and had to pick them up - there wasn't too much snow yet, but the roads were very slippery. Besides expecting 26-30 inches of snow, they are predicting wind gusts of up to 75 mph. If I lose power, I also lose heat, and also can't cook as I have an electric stove. I've been wanting to get a generator and a snowblower for years but there's never enough money, so it's always a worry when they predict bad storms. Oh well, we'll muddle thru as we always do. Just have to stay out of the kitchen!

Take care everyone!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Lynn come on Down. Weather down here has been wonderful. The edge of that storm pushed thru a little rain, but haven't worn a jacket yet this winter.

Bobbi...stuck a note in to ask Marie about her lemon trees. I'll get back to you with a report.

Hope everyone in the midAtlantic is hunkered down with water, bread and Tpaper....that's what the stores always have a run on.

Donna....I remember last winter when your Rose of Sharon was about buried

Did good today and stayed on plan.

Bkft...egg beaters omelet/cheese
3 turkey sausage

Lunch...3 lf mozza cheese stixs

Dinner...(out)steamed fish
steamed rice
2 tiny rolls
hugh salad
yogurt with blue berries

total calories 999, but over did carbs...but enjoyed much. Stayed on plan and not hungry. Lunch was eaten like one stck every hour while at bridge because I left my packed lunch at home....another dumb moment.

Last edited by Karen3; 02-08-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #68  

Hi everyone sry ive been mia. things have been like a whirlwind around here and the stress and business has wrecked havoc with my normal eating my mil was in the er on tuesday. they where so slow,and we didnt get home till 9:30 pm. we arrived at noon. she was a bearcat to say the least,and i had to walk away several times. she was mean and ugly to all,but the best thing is she has family that loves her anyways and she was diagnozed as fine and we took her home to her assisted living. by the time we got home i hadnt had anything but coffee i was ready to knaw my arm off. lol but to pooped to cook so we had cup a soups and toast and hit the bed running. the next day i was to pooped to do much,but made scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner(comfort food) and gorked the whole day. thursday we were up and out early as dh had 1st physical therapy session,which went well but painful,we headed to wall mart to buy a few groceries and got home late. to pooped to even post my erratic eating that day. today we had more errands,poof day and poof it sure was. had a meeting with our financial advisor and now my bp is really amuck. nothing like being told we have to learn to live on 600 $ less a month if we want to have a steady income till we are really old. yikes give me chocolate. anyways got home and had leftover scalloped potatoes and had a nap . bad choices i know but tomorrow will be a great day, as we can always start afresh hoping to talk mr cranky in going to the pool tomorrow. i'll let you know how that goes. anyways thankyou one and all for listening to my crazy rant , and i promise to be kinder to my self and make better choices. hope we all have agreat weekend for all rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
1 c scalloped potatoes and ham with 1/4 c crushed corn chips on top and jalepeno hot sauce

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
tomatoe,cuke and 3 bean salad,black olives mixed together with a splash of raspberry vinegrette dressing.

snack
1 c green grapes
slice of cheddar cheese
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #69  
MaryGee

Rosey - Sounds like things have been hectic for you, to say the least. About your meeting with your financial advisor - I feel your pain! I have a lot of medical problems and now receive Social Security Disability. I bring home about half of what I used to make when I was working. I thought I wouldn't be able to make it on the smaller income - but I do make it. It takes a lot of planning, etc. I'm sure your advisor has tips for you. Good luck on that.

Well, I survived the storm. Still snowing a little bit - but it will be ending in a few hours and we still have power Don't mind if I'm stuck in the house for a few days - I'm stocked up. I just have to keep busy because I bought so many groceries I want to eat everything! Think what I'll do is some cooking - I bought some zucchini and summer squash, so I'll make some Bisquick Impossible Pies (light style) -- they're great any time of the day. Will also make some veggie soup - haven't had that for a while.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Quick question -- how do you "quote" other people's posts, or recipes you've copied, etc. -- can't seem to figure that out!

Last edited by forreal; 02-09-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #70  
Bobbi

For those in the Eastern U.S., shoveling snow builds character and muscles. Hope you have electricity.
We're in for it tonight and tomorrow so we're going into town to visit MIL this morning and I'll stay put tomorrow.
MaryG...when you post a message, look up to the top right, you see two arrows with boxes under them. See the one that looks like writing on it? click on that and 2 quotes pop us. Put the mouse between the two and then type in what you want or copy paste your quote.

I;ll be back later to post yesterdays menu...I used up 1,031 calories and 37 grams of fiber yesterday.

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
Applesauce
Yogurt
Vitamins

Lunch:
Veggie Soup
Carob Banana skim milk shake

Supper:
Sloppy Joes made with half beef burger and half TVP
Light Hamburger bun
dill pickle
Large lettuce salad with romaine and kale, radish
5 calorie Raspberry Vinaigrette
Lemon Custard with sf/ff cool whip

Evening snack:
Sunflower seeds

Later gators.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-09-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #71  
Bobbi

Donna...I do remember you telling me about your Rose of Sharon bush. My Charlie Brown tree does good outside in the summer but I can't plant it in the soil like you can in your mild climate.
I was thinking of you this afternoon when 'Diners & Dives' show was on with Guy Fieri. He was in Denver at an American Indian restaurant that opened up two years ago and made quite a name for themselves. It's called TOCABE, ever been there? He made some ribs with blueberry barQ sauce on them, my lips were smacking and wishing I lived in Denver. You'll have to go try them, send me a piece in the mail.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-09-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #72  

Hi everyone a very quiet day here. the suns out and so nice to see. i worked on several projects today. finished red falnnel plaid curtains for dh cabin,very man'ish he loved them. started a new project to go with the dishclothes i made from donnas pattern, they are pot scrubbies made with craft net,cut in strips and crocheted. the 1st one was pitaful but the dogs loved it as anew toy. harder than it looks. am reading David Baldaccis new book called THe Forgotton. its really good. hoping your weekend is peaceful rosey

breakfast
coffee cinamon latte

lunch
1 slice of bacon,chix,ranch pizza(355 cal)
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal mini bag popcorn

dinner
small pork chop baked
applesauce
1/4 lg baked potatoe with 1 t s. cream
cukes and tomatoes

snack
1 carmel apple sucker
iced tea

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-09-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #73  
Bobbi

Rosey...I meant to comment on this and forgot. Good thing you went to your financial advisor right away, we didn't and used up all our savings before I put us on a budget. It just about killed Bruce because he can't go on those extravagant hunts anymore. DUH!
I keep thinking I'm not going to buy groceries for a couple of weeks and use up my pantry first. But I have a hard time doing that. It would throw my diet off really bad if I couldn't buy my diet bread, fat free foods. MaryGee...what did you do to cut back and survive?
Quote:
had a meeting with our financial advisor and now my bp is really amuck. nothing like being told we have to learn to live on 600 $ less a month if we want to have a steady income till we are really old.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #74  
MaryGee

Bobbi--
What DIDN'T I cut back on to save?!? It's really amazing when I look back at it. I knew I was going to have to stop working becuase I was in so much pain - people would come up to me at work asking me "What are you doing here?" because it was so obvious I was suffering. But I was afraid to stop because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get by. My last day at work I was in tears all day long because I just couldn't take it anymore. I finally took the plunge.
So, I stopped working and filed my Social Security claim.
***I called my credit card holders and negotiated settlements on the balance due (about 50% reduction) and worked out payment plan so my credit cards were paid off in about three months. Now, pay cash for everything.
**I called my cable company re my phone/cable/internet - Kept the internet the same, but cut back on the phone and cable services to more basic plans. No more buying books and magazines - I use the library and internet. And no fancy cell phone with all sorts of bells and whistles - I use a trac phone which I have for emergency calls only. ***No more curbside trash pick-up, I make bi-weekly trips to the town recycling center which saves $35/month and soda cans and bottles get redeemed at $.05 each (though I don't have too many as I drink water and tea and crystal lite). ***I applied for fuel assistance but didn't get approved as my income was a little too high Turned down the thermostat instead! ***My grocery bill was reduced because now I pre-plan based on sales, make a list that I stick to, and use coupons and buy store brands. ***Cut back on car trips by planning ahead so I'm not making one trip to go and get milk and another trip to go to the library. ***I've bought and sold things on e-bay, craig's list, Amazon and consignment shops - works both ways - get some cash for things I don't need or use anymore and save on things I need. ***Don't eat out too often and fast-food is an occasional treat.

Well, I've yapped on enough I guess!! Seems once I get going, I tend to go on and on. I have to say though, even though I've cut-back on a lot of things, I'm sssooooo happy to be home and not working anymore!! My job was so stressful and I'm glad to be finished with it.

Last edited by forreal; 02-10-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #75  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG’s,

I’ve been off the weekend. Got out on time Friday night, no headache (seems I have them quite often now-a-days ~ and while not horrible like they used to be, they take away the ability to enjoy my free time) and was able to get to the fabric store. Wanted a few more little pieces for my scrub decorations.

My son stopped and visited a little Friday night. Always love it when the kids stop by. I end up staying up past my bedtime, but I wouldn’t trade those visits for anything.

I didn’t get to the sewing yesterday like I had hoped to. Ended up falling asleep in the recliner. Guess maybe I needed a little extra rest ~ there has been stressful stuff going on with DD and SIL and so many nights of not enough sleep. Don’t really know where the day went ~ but it went

DH went with DD to help her with leasing another car. So, I had some alone time. Got to visit on the phone with a friend ~ hard to talk when DH or the kids are here. And lately ~ because of the above mentioned stuff ~ never know when they are gonna show up ~ or what the situation will be.

I am aggravated with myself today ~ I was talking to my mom while puttering around ~ putting stuff away. I had a stack of stuff ~ scrubs, sewing stuff (pin cushion, scissors, cloth). I dropped the pin cushion (it is one of those magnetic ones). Put the stuff down, picked up the stuff I dropped and continued on my way. I wanted to start sewing ~ while I had a chance. Can’t find that pin cushion anywhere. I have looked all over. Even in the fridge ~ I remembered putting my bottle of tea away and thought maybe because I was talking and not giving my full attention to what I was doing ~ had placed it in there. No luck. When will I learn not to talk on the phone while trying to do other stuff?

I hope you all are having a good weekend. Sorry no personals today. I can’t get my mind to concentrate today.

Take care
Closed Thread