Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #46  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Ladies, so glad DS will be back to school routine tomorrow. I worked at finishing projects this weekend and rethinking what I want to accomplish by summer and by the end of the year. Think I have realistic goals this time around. Hard not to put too much on my agenda or too many different things. I keep working at simplifying - hard!

Marie, I bought a Omega SAD Light Therapy Device from amazon for $43, should get it by the end of the month. Hope it adds to my day, will let you know.

Am2, Whoot ,scale is moving in the right direction. Good luck on your 21 day challenge.

I need more steps today so gotta get going, then gonna sip on some hot tea, lovely!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

I finally made it back to the Y today for a body sculpting class. I believe this was the first time back since before Christmas. I did not do so well on the calories though. We had a great time with our friends in the mountains which included lots of wonderful meals. It is going to take a while to get back in the swing of things after spending three blissful days eating whatever I wanted.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #48  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I have had a successful day!!! I went to bed last night knowing that I was ready to be on track. Do you know what I mean? That you just know that you're in the right place and mindset to go on a losing journey? I felt it last night, felt it this morning and I am in the groove today. I will finish my day at 1433 cals (yesterday was 1738). Anyway, the cals are one thing - it was the mega control I had over the morning munchies at work - even on a day that was not good at work. So it was AWESOME to kick the munchies butt. I love Tera's hot tea routine and I had three lovely cups of tea throughout the morning. And I planned an apple at 10 am. Woots, it was wonderful. Tomorrow I will repeat. How cool! I finally feel really in control.

Tera, WTG on the body sculpting class. I bet your body is cheering and possibly just a little tender. But you're gonna be kicking the workout's butt soon.

Diana, I googled your omega light and it looks like you got a good deal. I love my little GoLite. I think I kept turning it back on this morning for a total of 2 hours. I know the instructions say 30 minutes max but I always figure more is better with happiness. And it doesn't mess with my sleep so I exceed the recommended amount. I figure if there's no side effect, why stop.

Am2, I'm sorry you're still ill. Congrats on the loss but I want you healthy. So it's time kick the flu to the curb.

That's about all.
Marie
Old 01-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #49  

Marie-Congrats on a good day in control. Glad to read you are feeling the good, positive vibes about your weight loss. I am happy the hot tea is helping. Nothing like something warm and soothing when those unwelcome and unworthy munchies attempt to disturb your earnest weight loss intentions.

Diana-Good for you for setting your goals for the year. Mine used to be the same every year. But now that I actually lost the weight and cleaned up the house; I had to come up with some new ones.Amazing what you can accomplish when the kids are finally grown and out the door. My new goals are to quit nagging my poor husband (mostly about his awful diet),spend more time outdoors and to be nice to people. I know the last should come easy but I have a very weird sense of humor; I think developed from growing up with four brothers and no sisters. It does not work well with women or children. What are your resolutions?

Last edited by TERAPET; 01-23-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #50  
Empress/Queen

Smile

Huzzah, am up and about again after a successful day on my calorie challenge, lots of exercise and more waiting on the thing I am waiting to happen in my life. Do feel better, mostly just allergies kicking up now.

Marie, congrats on a successful day of control and being on track.

Tera, I need to try your hot tea routine. I rarely drink hot beverages anymore, maybe I should. It is a good idea.

Diana, congratulations on your omega light. Enjoy it, sounds like it would really help.

Marie, I love mocha, too, and used to have a ritual around Atkins' Cappucino shake, ice cold. Guess I need to get that again. Too many of those shake supplements can make me over medicated with vitamins but some really help me and I've never found anything that tastes exactly like Starbucks to me as those protein shakes.

I am documenting my 21-day calorie challenge in another thread but I had 1890 in the day just past, which is my new Day 1, so this current day is now Day 2 and I will be shifting to lower days now in my calorie cycle.

Totally having fun with this challenge.

Feeling a little better mentally, still need to lower the anxiety threshold in life.

The exercise goes on unabated, meeting all the Fitbit goals.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #51  

I ended up a bit high for calories again yesterday but I did make it to the Y for a step class. At least I am heading in the right direction with logging calories and exercising. Now for the food control part, which of course is critical for actual weight loss for me. I can do this if I just put my mind to it.

Am2-Congrats on the successful Day One of 21. That sounds like a nice plan-not too long to become onerous but not too short to create some noticeable results.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #52  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning all, yesterday was another good calorie day. 1886 to be exact (but we all know that could be plus or minus ~50 cals). I did a PS3 Zumba exercise yesterday and re-aquainted myself with my BowFlex. So on all fronts doing quite well. I'm thinking it is nearly time for another hot tea. Holy smokes Tera, you've made a convert out of me.

Am2, sorry about the anxiety issues but I bet the exercising does help lower the intensity.

Tera, good job on the Y workout. I'm totally with you on the lower eating to lose weight. I swear I could exercise 5 hours a day and not lose an ounce. My weight is totally dependent on calorie intake.

Back to work. Halfway through the morning (and its accompanying munchies) so of to the Keurig for filtered hot water. Also Tera, I have a sarcastic sense of humor and it can backfire with the tender hearted.
Marie
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #53  

So yesterday, I devoured most of a bag of potato chips that had been in my pantry since the holidays. With ranch dip no less. I think it was a combination of desire and self pity. I do kinda feel sorry for myself but I am going to have to develop some decent coping skills. Plus, I really need to quit buying junk food just because it is a holiday. My eyes are bigger than my appetite and I ended up with all this extra. I really hate to throw away any food, even bad food. But, I will not lose weight if I continue to eat junk food. Simple but true. Well I am better at it than I used to be but still do not have things perfected.

Marie-Are you sore from using your Bowflex? I was sore for days after my body sculpt class this week. A good sore though.

Am2-Sorry to hear about your anxiety discomfort. I have tried to cope with anxiety issues for most of my life. It has been a long road. To me it seems to help to just accept the anxiety and find ways to work around it. I try not to overload for one thing. Some people thrive on urgency but I do not and sometimes I get too emotional about it. Best to just avoid it with careful planning. If I have physical symptoms I try to just accept them and wait it out. I try to be very careful with caffiene and alcohol although I indulge in both. Jitters do not help anxiety.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #54  
DIANA

Morning all, still waiting for my blue light - hope it gets here soon. DS has been pushing my buttons(darn teenager), so taking mental chill pills this AM. Got out to my studio and painted yesterday, felt great, so headed out there soon.

Tera- 4 brothers, darn, I had two and no sisters. I finally(in my 40's) learned how to dress myself(like a girl), lol.

Ama2-anxiety can really eat at you, learning to say No to thinking/over thinking was a strong step for me. Exercise really does sound good also. Hang in There!

Marie- ("I have a sarcastic sense of humor and it can backfire with the tender hearted.")--I DO fit into this little group well(ha, ha ).

Resolutions: One of my goals has to do with an exercise routine for the week that works now and can be shortened but continued during the summer months so it's not so hard to get back into a full routine next fall. Liking what I have written and posted on my wall. Also working on a good year round art routine as well, but nothing written down yet. I end up farming/gardening/harvesting and drop every else during the summer. I gained 5 pounds last summer, a sign I wasn't balanced - so trying something different.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #55  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, when I heard the saying, it's cheaper to throw out the food than to have weight health complications, I realized/internalize that concept is true. I no longer have a membership to "clean your plate club" or pantry in this case. Just throw it out. That's not to mention the mental bashing we give ourselves for eating indiscriminately. Not sore from the BowFlex. I'm trying to protect my hip and I have a bicep tendonitis problem that I'm careful about. So I'm doing a little to be doing some weights but not enough to hurt anything.

Diana, your resolutions sound right on. You've identified a summer problem and are looking for a work around. That's a good thing. Studio??? Are you an artist? If yes, what medium?

I was an yesterday with the calories. 1386 and I don't usually exercise (aerobics) on Thursday but walk briefly on my treadmill. Just to move as we chatted about last week or the week before. So far today (later afternoon) I'm on track calorie wise and will be using the elliptical when I get home. I love when on the wagon is actually easy. I knew on Monday when that trigger switched and I was ready to take off the regain. Woots!!!!
Marie
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #56  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, all, for kind words re anxiety. I am ok.

Re clean plate club, I don't belong to it either. Sometimes I do discard food so as not to eat it.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #57  
DIANA

Good Morning Ladies, darn cold/flu/sinus stuff is going around and my head is feeling off, great. DH has got the 48 hour something with tummy and head. DS has been fighting a sore throat for a week and blowing his nose.

Well since I haven't got a trip planned to a nice tropic paradise, I decided to start winter walking for the fresh air and more Vit D. It is sunny today and in the 40's so really was a nice walk. Not sure what to put on my to do list, maybe I should hide out in my studio and fling paint ---that sounds FUN.

Yes I am a part time watermedia artist, mostly acrylic and enjoy semi-abstract art. I have been drawing/painting my whole life, so no need for realism (been there, done that). My paintings are emotional, going for joy & love, using a lot of color. I really like the painting process, anything can happen & love when the outcome surprises me. No web site, just five showing options, all small. Just retired from teaching children art and not sure of goals. DS has another 1 1/2 years till he moves out - sorta feel like an airplane in the holding pattern.

Wishing you All a great weekend.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #58  
Empress/Queen

So interested in your art leanings, working, & the career of teaching children art you have retired from.

I used to paint & carve, stopped in 2010. Probably should start again.

I know what you mean by a holding pattern. I am in one of those, too. Hopefully mine will end soon.

I have the rest of the flu I guess I have probably been getting for a while, 10,000 steps not possible. Just resting.

Good night, all.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Down 1.6! Lol, wasn't the flu, I worked like crazy on calorie control all week.

Feeling significantly better, illness seems gone.

It is raining but I don't care! Woot!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #60  
Lifelong Journey Member

Diana, I love the concept of flinging paint. Someday, do you think you could post one of your works? That would be so cool. I would imagine teaching children art would be fun. Ok, teaching elementary age kids would be a blast. Junior high I don't think I'd like. I draw, stained glass and quilt but I've never painted. I took a drawing class a few years ago to make my stained glass patterns better. Basically I learned to draw my huskies. No matter what I'd start, I'd go back to drawing my pups. I'm so glad I did. I love some of my drawings even more than the pictures I've taken. Why? I have no idea...

Am2, on the 1.6 pound loss. That's awesome! And that you're feeling better is always an improvement.

Doing great on the eating plan. Yesterday my DF and I went over the mountain for some shopping. And I still ended the day at 1407 cals (and a good elliptical workout). Friday's cals were 1487 with a biking workout. apparently I have chosen not to weigh myself. I actually haven't weighed since early October. I hate my scale and don't want to be a slave to it any more. I don't mind being a slave to my iPhone LoseIt app. I think when I fit comfy into my size 6 jeans (wearing 10s at the moment), then maybe I'll dust the scale off. Time to take the pups for a walk. It's brrrrr cold but they'll be comfy in their over abundant amount of fur.
Marie
Closed Thread