Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #211  
Empress/Queen

Marie, yes, been working some, hoping that is a permanent state but we'll see. Thanks for asking.

Tera, congratulations on the great weigh-in and being happy with your weight & exercise.

Marie, glad you and your pups had an early morning walk again.

I love walking with my dog, although I usually just pace around the property while she whooshes by me. She is always so excited lol.

I am happy with my weight, but do intend to go lower to reach where I want to be. I have no intent, though, of eating much less, I just barely create a deficit with calorie cycling, exercise and staying wheat free.

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Todays cals-2390(on a weekday no less!) Ex-60 min step class. Todays overload was due to Mexican food with DS2. He took foreeeeeever to order and I just kept eating those darn chips plus I had a combination plate. I hadn't had one in such a long time. Yummy. No more restaurants for awhile though. I have been making the biggest mistakes at them. Oh well, otherwise everything is status quo.

Marie-I loved your little story about your morning dog walk. How sweet. I wish my poor old girl could go for walks but that is no longer in the cards. She is still a sweet companion though.

Am2-Yea on working! That is wonderful news.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #213  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Halfway through the work week. I'm not sad about that. I was BAD at work. I went on a Teddy Graham forage and ate 60 or so of the little bears. 300 calories absolutely wasted. I will finish the day at 1516 or close about there. In other words, I made up some of the bad after work. My morning exercise was biking on the fluid trainer. Tomorrow if the weather isn't too cold (supposed to be brrr 23 degrees), I will take the pups out again. They love walking. At the moment were in a wind advisory and there are gusts to 50 mph. Everything is just howling around the house. It's sort of weird sounding.

Tera, without a doubt, those damn bowls of chips at Mexican eateries are dangerous. Yummy though. At least you got to spend time with your DS2.

Am2, glad to hear that you are working. I'll keep my fingers crossed it becomes permanent.
Marie
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #214  
Empress/Queen

Hi, all! Doubt the work is going to be really permanent, but anyhow, I'm okay with it all.

Tera, most places where I live have chips and salsa brought to the table and when I used to go out to eat more, it was just a constant thing that I could not resist and that blew every meal out of the calorie waters before I even ordered. So I had to go cold turkey on the chips and salsa and now, like the wheat, they don't exist for me in a restaurant.

Oddly, was posting today on another thread about chips and now that I don't eat wheat, I can eat potato chips as a substitute sometimes and a small amount of these satisfies me where before I might have had a whole bag. I would still have trouble with tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole (which is healthy but caloric).

Funny how trigger foods work.

Marie, those little Teddy Grahams are so cute. Lol, I can't have cute food around the house, ditto on gummi bears. Weird, the cuteness makes me want to eat them.

Like when I was a little girl and someone gave me a big chocolate rabbit that was supposed to be just for looking at, but I ate it.

Lotta calories in chocolate rabbits. Sigh.

I have banned Easter candy from the house, too.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #215  
Empress/Queen

Well, okay, I seem to be back again, still busy, but no, the job won't be permanent. S'ok, today is all about me (shopping, free time, etc.).

Unofficial weigh-in here on the first day after the first day of spring and Queen Am2 is counting as the official one this week, due to some schedule shifts, so am down to where I was the previous week and will be making that my ticker weight (130.2).

I consider this being in the 120s lol. I also consider it my GOAL to be in the 120s, but keeping the same ticker until I amble on down to 125, which is not so much a goal anymore as a nice place in the 120s to hang out.

My knees are applauding!

Going to start a new thing, a Saturday weigh-in, and a focus on maintaining a RANGE of weight anywhere in the 120s. The next weigh in will be on Saturday, March 30.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-21-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #216  
Lifelong Journey Member

Am2, the chocolate bunnies weren't meant for eating? They were a decoration??? OK, I didn't know that and I ate them too. Were the chocolate Santas decoration too? That would explain a tad of my weight...

Things are good today. The before dawn walk was cold, 28 degrees, but the pups hardly noticed. Could be because they're huskies... Me, I noticed but it was still a wonderful way to start the day. My calories are high if I have the rest of my dinner. They'd be good where it stands at the moment but I'm not sure I don't want the rest. OK, I know I want the rest but should I... Only the next couple hours will tell. I worked on my stained glass for a bit this evening because I need more black quilt material and the store is in Redding (one of the fave bike trails). We're going on Saturday but for the time being, I'm stuck. good thing Saturday is so near. YAY on that as work week comes to a close.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 03-21-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #217  

Todays cals-1570. No Exer. The job search got in the way of my exercise schedule-geesh. Oh well, I ended up missing lunch also, I guess that helps make up for it.

Marie-Teddy Grahams remind me of the tortilla chips-so easy to just have one more. I guess there is an upside to being unemployed-none of the tempting goodies that show up in the workplace. (I am thinking of those peanut m&ms).

Am2-You are so funny. Cute food-that made me smile. I agree-I consider your weight in the 120 range definitely.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #218  
Empress/Queen

Doing a little Hippity Hop to the Day Before Easter Challenge to limit candy, which recently I have been eating as long as it is wheat free, to no more than THREE snack size bars of dark chocolate, although eating any of those bars is NOT mandatory. No other candy can be eaten in this challenge.

Marie, no, in my family the big chocolate bunnies & Santas were to keep in their wrappers & look at like dolls. But no one really minded when I broke that tradition eventually lol.

Tera, good calories! Hope you don't have to miss lunch today, though.

Everyone is doing great!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #219  

todays cals-2115, ex-no exercise. Job search got in the way of exercise again but I am all caught up now so I will likely get to the Y tomorrow to make up for it. I met friends for margaritas and chips today. Probably not a good idea for the waistline but it was fun.

Marie-Hope you are enjoying a nice end of the workweek. Have fun in Redding.

Am2-Chocolate as decoration---no way! I eat several Dove dark chocolate candies everyday. They are only 40 calories a piece. I cannot manage that with milk chocolate though. I would want to eat the entire bag.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #220  
Lifelong Journey Member

Quick check in!!! Food overload today. 1921 calories although I might be over estimating by a bit. I doubt I'm underestimating but anything is possible. A friend brought me an almond bear claw. I'd never had one and I shall never go to that bakery for one again. Oh my it was GOOD! Baked, not fried so that's something. I think the traditional is fried and I took Panera's cal count for a bear claw and used it. As I said, who knows on the real calorie consumption. I did 50 minutes of a workout video before work so that was good. Tomorrow DH and I are going back to Redding to bike but mostly buy additional quilt material - I didn't buy enough of the black last time.

Am2, no way would chocolate santas be like a doll in my house.

Tera, good luck with that job search. I hope this week's efforts pay (literally) off.
Marie
Old 03-23-2013, 04:48 AM   #221  
Empress/Queen

Well, I had to pitch the chocolates, triggered overeating and ended upwards of 2500.

Having two meals out this weekend, intend to stay on track with calories, though.

Hope the job search bears fruit for you, Tera.

Marie, I have never had a fried bear claw, all the ones I have ever seen or eaten have been baked. So good. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #222  

yest cals-1960 no exerc. Pretty good total for me for a Saturday. My back was bothering me so I skipped the Y but I am all better today so I will be heading there shortly.

Marie-All my calorie counts are guesses but I have been calorie counting since I was a teenager so I am usually pretty good at it. The Internet sure makes it easier when I do want to look something up. An almond bear claw is definitely worth the calories, even more so if you have never had one before. A delicious treat for the senses.

Am2-Thanks for job search warm wishes. I figure I just need to do a good job trying to find one and roll with the punches. The "universe is unfolding as it should". Too bad about the chocolate. I am that way with cookies, peanut m&ms and a long list of other really yummy things I love to eat. Now they are my "only very, very occasionally list". It has to be "very, very occasionally" because the list is so extensive that if I allowed "occasionally" it would just the same as often-just different items. KWIM?
Old 03-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #223  
Empress/Queen

Was at 1675 yesterday, about to go out to lunch and already have the meal in my tracker lol.

Tera, you have a great attitude re the job search. And totally agree the universe is unolding as it should.

Had some very bad news yesterday re a friend and remembering that, too: The universe does its own thing, we are not personally in charge of it, or of much of it, anyway, though guess we contribute to its unfolding in a minor sort of way.

In the final analysis, I can't change anything except myself and even some things about myself are not within my control (most things are, though, but not everything lol, weight, certainly, I control, so guess that's why I am just focusing on doing that right now).
Old 03-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #224  
Lifelong Journey Member

Am2, I think the final analysis says it all - can't change anything but myself. The Serenity Prayer and the reason it's the backbone of twelve step programs. I very much believe I'm a food addict so adding it to my mantra is a smart idea. Excellent job logging the meals out before you go. I have loads of trips scheduled in the next two weeks. I think I will do that as well. Proactive. I love it!

Tera, I'm glad your back is feeling better and enjoy the workout at the Y.

Yesterday was a calorie over-indulgence and I did it with true knowledge and acceptance that I was going to do it. I ended the day at 2100. DH and I went for a bike ride and really pushed the envelope. I got a great workout and the GPS logging ranged between 800-1100 cals burned (DH's Garmin system and my iPhone GPS tracking app). either way, I don't feel bloated and bad for the indulgence. It was deliberate and wonderfully enjoyed. That said, the trips are going to be deliberately healthy. I'm going to take Am2's example and pre-log my foods out.
Marie
Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #225  
Empress/Queen

Marie, I like the Serenity Prayer also. I don't consider myself a food addict but I definitely love food and know that I am the ruler of food, it does not rule me, although it tries.

Tera, my food list has a "banned for a long time if not forever" categories as well as "occasionally" and "could happen."

Some things I have decided, belatedly, are just not optimum for me to eat, so I kick them to the curb. Sometimes they come back and I let them live in the house if they behave. Sometimes they sneak in at midnight and I don't know they are there until they attack, so I have them arrested.

Anyhow, yesterday was in the 1600s and all the usual exercise was done. Had kind of a bad day emotionally due to some factors, busy schedule today, too, preplanning lunch again.

Woot, have a good one, everybody!
Closed Thread