Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Sorry Bobbi! It is no fun that is for sure! They are there and leaving you kind of hanging and you have to keep it spit shined and ready to show to others..Hope it goes just the way you want in february.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Confession

Bad day. Feel icky, I think from that junk I had to drink. Been a couch potato all day. Also, not doing too good in my food choices. Trying to eat bland to help my tummy, but bland is not so great for calorie counting.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

TN Donna
(my tummy is making enough noise to be heard by you all, I'm sure!)
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #303  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

TNDonna - I thought it was thunder... thanks for letting me know it was your tum!! LOL

Bobbi - two days until Feb. 1st. GOOD THOUGHTS!!

Did some domestic drudgery. I'm babying myself since I hab a wittle cold. I've slept many, many, many hours and so am almost well. But I certainly can't rush it, right? I think I'll go watch a movie and crochet. I LOVE days off!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #304  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Ladies I am 43 Can I join. I feel like I am 50. I hang out over at the Diabetic Boards I have been diabetic now for over 1 year I am struggling bad on getting control of my weight I weigh 278 pounds and very much need to loose alot more then 20 something pounds.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #305  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi Bonnie, you sure can. Pull up a chair!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #306  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Bonnie ~ I can identify ~ my head feels young at heart ~ my body is creaking and groaning ~ LOL.

Good morning GG's,

Well ~ three days down, one more to go. Got out on time last night ~ what a mood booster that is. Hopefully I will get out on time tonight.

Cold this morning. Brrrrr

Hope you all have a nice day. Take care

Last edited by glynne; 01-31-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #307  
Bobbi

Good Morning...it's 43 degrees below zero this morning with wind chills. I keep the heat vent blocked off in the bedroom at night, can't stand a warm bedroom. It was 59 degrees in my bedroom when I woke up this morning....I can only describe it as delicious sleeping temps. I moved very fast getting dressed.
No calories or gram of fiber to post from yesterday. I had to water down the leftover butternut soup with chicken broth and was too lazy to put the ingredients for corn bread into Fitday. I did make a key lime pie yesterday and figured out those calories. I had some limes in the frig that needed using up. I don't normally put crust under my lower calories pies and I won't again. I used the Fiber One recipe for crumb crust and wasn't impressed. DH liked it, I didn't. Live and learn. Nothing going on here, later gators.
Oh, if you're celebrating super bowl sunday, below is a lower calorie recipe I received this morning from Allrecipes.com.

Quote:
Fast and Friendly Meatballs

Rated:

"These oven-baked meatballs are fast and easy to prepare and very kid friendly.
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with the olive oil, and place it in the oven while preheating. 2. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground turkey, egg, and bread crumbs using your hands. Using an ice cream scoop if possible, form the meat into golf ball sized meatballs. Place about 1 inch apart in the hot baking dish. Press down to flatten the bottom just slightly. 3. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn them over, and continue baking for about 5 more minutes, or until somewhat crispy on the outside. Serve with pasta and sauce or however you'd like.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-31-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

morning...and to be ahead of her...Thanks Bobbi...k3
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #309  
Bobbi

You're cute K3, thanks for the reminder. I'll take care of it this afternoon.
Quote:
morning...and to be ahead of her...Thanks Bobbi...k3
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 245/241/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hello Goldies,
I've been absent for a while cuz I've been trying to stay out of the guys' way during the day, and now I got sick. So, I have no choice, I'm staying home till I feel better. But, I'm trying to stay in the basement rec room while they're here working.
I don't know how these guys can be working because they've both been sick too. I got winded just walking from the car to the bldg when I went to the DR. and to the store.
I have asthma so every time I start to get sick with upper respiratory stuff the Dr. puts me on Prednisone right away to hopefully prevent an asthma attack. I have a sinus infection, sore throat and bronchitis as it is, so I didn't get in any too soon. On Prednisone, Amoxicillin and an inhaler. I also have my nebulizer machine if I need to use that. So far, so good. I think the Prednisone is starting to have an effect on the inflammation now. Today is my second full day on it.
One of my sons sent a text msg this AM asking if I'm going to be home this [/SIZE]weekend as they're coming to town and want to see the progress on the house and have supper here Sat. night. I only have my dining room to sit in and even that is crammed with TV's and stands etc, but, they'll have to be satisfied with that.

I've now lost 22 lbs. I've not eaten any bread, potatoes, rice, pasta or flour or sugar, and my blood sugar has come way down. Until I started on the prednisone, ..... that always raises my blood sugar, keeps me awake and makes me hungry. But, this time, it hasn't been making me hungry, ... so far anyway.
I've been using my home made vegetable soup which I have for breakfast every morning, then have something like tuna salad made with half FF mayo and half regular mayo, or egg salad made the same way and usually some raw veggies like carrots, celery and radishes with it. Then supper is some kind of meat and a salad with low calorie and low carb dressing.
I have stopped craving carbs, so that is a big help. If you can make it for that first 3 to 4 weeks, then the desire is gone. I even made some caramel bars for treats for these skinny kids doing the work on my house, and I never touched one of them. Didn't have the desire to.

There are so many members now that I'm not going to do personals, but do want to say I'm glad Karen3 is doing better and WELCOME to all the new members. Hopefully now that I'm house bound I can get on here more often for a while. Have a good day all!! .....

Last edited by A carbie; 01-31-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #311  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bonnie - Hi! We have "talked" over on the diabetes board. Welcome!

Carbie - You are doing so well with your low carb. I need to get more diligent with it. I know it would improve my BS and probably my weight, too. I also have some homemade veggie soup. I made a big pot and gave some to family, and froze some. I never froze it before, but I didn't want it to go to waste. The containers I used are not freezer containers, so I have to be careful and not let it set in there too long. I will get some freezer containers and start doing this all the time. I love it!

Bobbi - The Meatball recipe looks good. I copied it to my recipe file for future reference. I like meatballs by themselves, just with a little sauce.

I ordered my yogurt cheese maker from Amazon yesterday. I was not able to find one in the stores around here, but now that I ordered it, I will start seeing them! LOL I am confident that this is the one I want since you said it was the one you have. Tried and true.

I'm surprised you're getting so many lookers at your house with the wintery weather. If these people don't take it, I'm sure you're get a buyer as soon as the weather breaks. Have you found any place you'd like to go?

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-31-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #312  
Bobbi

Funny you should pop up Carbie...I was just thinking of you this morning when DH told me how cold it was. For those that don't know, Carbie lives about an hours drive from me. What a wonderful job you've done, feels good to stick to something doesn't it.Congrats!

Quote:
I've now lost 22 lbs. I've not eaten any bread, potatoes, rice, pasta or flour or sugar, and my blood sugar has come way down. Until I started on the prednisone, ..... that always raises my blood sugar, keeps me awake and makes me hungry. But, this time, it hasn't been making me hungry, ... so far anyway.
I've been using my home made vegetable soup which I have for breakfast every morning, then have something like tuna salad made with half FF mayo and half regular mayo, or egg salad made the same way and usually some raw veggies like carrots, celery and radishes with it. Then supper is some kind of meat and a salad with low calorie and low carb dressing.
I'm going to open the February thread for tomorrow in case some of you are up before me. Can you believe how fast January went?
Carol Sue...we have another showing coming up and it is surprising how people come out in this wickedly cold weather. As to picking out a place to live, no. We had our sights on a townhouse but decided we didn't want to live that close to anyone. And Charlie is quite vocal and I'd be tensed up all the time when he'd bark. All I know is that I want to downsize and have plenty of money left in the bank for the unexpected. Our house is paid for so anything left after we buy a new place will be all profit.
See ya all next month!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-31-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #313  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Lovelies!

Bonnie – just wait until you’re as old as we are… then you’ll REALLY be creaky! I can sympathize with the journey! Welcome!

Gayle – I hope you get out on time tonight, your “Friday”… do you get 3 days off? When I worked 10 hour days, the first day off was always recuperation!

Bobbi – those meatballs look good… and easy! And I’m thinking good thoughts that your folks get a loan tomorrow to buy your abode.

Carbie – I’ve MISSED you! You were off applying for jobs the last time you posted; did any of them pan out for you? I hope you feel better. Sounds like you got hit hard. My wee cold is 98% gone. I am so lucky to be able to sleep for 15 hours if I need to do that; the only one needing attention is SamCat, and he’s much more adult about that than most men!

I’m doing well on my program, too… I’m using SparkPeople and am liking the site. It’s pretty easy once you get used to it, Bobbi, and I’m using the diet shakes as either a snack or as a fill-in for a meal that needs a little extra. I’m down a couple of pounds this week. I’m also doing the glider, semi faithfully!, and I HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!

Better get to work! Newbies, welcome. Everyone, have a good today!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls -

Got back from Tucson yesterday. There was sunshine everyday. Not always all day but enough. We were visiting my husbands wonderful cousin and her DH. She is an especially lovely person. Just like her 97 year old mother. Her father is 97 too. He’s a little cranky, been that way his whole life but seems like normal to me. Her sweet mother makes him look cranky by comparison. It was so nice to spend some time with people that are nice and really appreciate you. We were able to help out with some things (their retirement community is switching to digital) and Uncle keeps getting the TV off channel 3. DH realized right away that was the problem cuz my parents were doing that. Solution - hide that remote! We gave them lots of ideas. They’re at the point where they are getting tired of having to do so much for the parents. But they’re 97 - I keep pointing out. I’d trade them in a heart beat.

My mom tolerated the first round of chemo very well. The nurse from the long term care insurance company came to make sure she needed the “Assisted Living With Memory Support.” It is a lot more expensive than the Independent Living with added services. Occasionally my mother can appear normal for a few minutes, especially if asked yes and no questions. So we were a little worried she might look normal. Well, Mom came through. “Still Crazy After All These Years.” I have a n new appreciation for that song.

Donna - I’m with you about hating the exercise but I’ve decided to start up again. Read all the things that walking/exercise is good for - preventing Alheimers, etc. The 97n year old aunt and uncle used to wald 3 miles a day when they were in their early nineties. Aunt wanted to go sky diving when she was 93 but was turned down. She went on a camping, river rafting trip in Colorado instead! So, I’m going to try to do 15 minutes to begin with. Keep it up! I’m proud of you! I can’t go today until after 4:30 but I have to do it.

Bobbi - good luck with your showing. Loved hearing about how you made some delicious cheeses.

Carbie - hope you feel better soon. Every one around me has been sick. I usually get sick in February. L
Good job on avoiding the carbs. That’s what I’m supposed to do too. I have to do it. Once I get one full day under my belt with my plan (Ideal Protein) it seems to go better. But that first night is a killer. I have to give up that glass of wine I started drinking almost every night a couple of month ago.

Butterfly - welcome aboard! I have to watch my blood sugar. I do take Metformin. Don’t know if my doc actually called me diabetic. The highest I got was 147 but I am a carb/sugar addict. I’d like to lose the 20 lbs I regained in the last year. I’m trying to get back on my Ideal Protein plan 100%. It’s tough though. I just seem to be maintaining at the place I’m at. Have to buckle down and do it. You have come a long way. I love your motto too. That’s What I have to do - get control!

Donna TN - hope you’re feeling better soon. And I hope they get your cysts and things figured out.

Gayle - I guess Maddie got you playing hide and seek even though you didn’t feel like playing.

I better post this before I lose it. Hugs to you all!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #315  
Bobbi

Bye Bye January!
Closed Thread