Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #271  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, good grief, Gayle! That's SCARY!! So glad you were home and that no damage was done to hearth, health, or furbabies!

Had lunch with an old friend (best kind!), and now I'm going to do SOMETHING. I'm clean and shiny, so I hate to waste it!

Happy Sunday, everyone!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WOW Gayle!! So glad you did some investigating and found it! And glad that everything and everyone is all ok! YAY!!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen31 - I like your new picture and love your new haircut!

Bobbi - I too am proud of your gs for standing up for Jesus in prayer at school. We need more kids like him!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-27-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Gayle...good smeller girl! k
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #275  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Gayle...ditto what K3 said.
Are your smoke alarms up to date? I have a better smeller than DH too. When Charlie 'cuts the cheese', I can smell it long before DH. What's up with that?

I'm selling on Ebay season 1 and season 2 of Downton Abbey. I put just enough on them to get my money back. We're really enjoying the series. On the PBS channel, season 3 is on so we'll not have to buy that one.
Who mentioned Up Stairs, Down Stairs? I think I'd like to buy those DVD too. Give me a review 1st, that is whoever watched them.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-27-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #276  

Bobbi I just watch 2 shows of season2. Ethel is preggie.....It is such a good story and love the characters. k3
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #277  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Weekend is over ~ back to work ~ 4 day stretch ~ sigh.

Saturday was good. Yesterday I had a stupid headache most all day into the evening. I got started on the things I wanted to work on, but didn't get too much done ~ oh well.

Maddie was here yesterday late afternoon. She was pretty good, but scared the crap out of me. I told Sara I could watch her, but because I had a headache ~ maybe she would agree to sitting with me and watching TV. That worked for a while, but Sara didn't get back as soon as she'd hoped. Maddie wanted me to come do something and I told her I didn't feel like doing that and just wanted to lay down. I told her to come in the room where I was. She didn't come and didn't come ~ she is usually pretty good (she is 5 years old), so I just layed there, but then started to worry ~ silence isn't always golden. I got up and started looking for her ~ I went by DH ~ thinking maybe she had gone to hang out with Grandpa. She wasn't there ~ I searched all over ~ didn't look under beds, cause I can't get down like that. I went back to DH and told him I was really scared because I had looked everywhere ~ so he started searching too. I heard a noise in the room where I had started out and caught a glimpse of her ducking back behind the recliner.

I didn't yell at her (she's had to endure enough yelling at her house lately) but I told her to please never do that to Grandma again ~ that she scared me really badly.

I am struggling so with this weight loss thing ~ one step forward ~ two or 3 steps back. Never seeming to make much of any progress. So, I think I am gonna try some slim fast for a while. My work runs over so often anymore ~ and I end up getting a burger on the way home, because if I wait until I am home to fix something ~ even to heat up a lean cuisine or something that is already fixed ~it is eat and jump right into bed ~ I don’t like doing that, but these stupid hours lately leave me no choice.

So, I’m gonna do the slim fast for breakfast, eat my usual lunch at work, and drink another slim fast on the way home.

Ok, I’d better work on getting ready for work.

Maddie will be here soon ~ DH watches her for Sara because the cost of day care was more than Sara could afford. He used to do it over at their house, but Sara has asked him to do it over here at our place. That will be kind of nice ~ I’ll get a couple Maddie hugs in before work ~ like a little dose of sunshine to start the day.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #278  
Bobbi

Good Morning girls....bad news about the zero calorie sprays, see article below that was posted on Hungry Girl this morning.

K3...The Downton Abbey casts won last night for best ensemble, I think the value of my season 1 & 2 just went up. Yipee!!!!!!

Thanks Carol Sue, about my GS. I think it was you suggesting I buy the zero spray. I did go buy it a couple of weeks ago but only use it on veggies. Guess I'll have to do 1/4 second sprays....NOT.

I'll not be buying goat cheese anymore, not because it's not delicious buy quite spendy. A couple of days ago I made a batch of yogurt but added some Garden Spice (Tones brand with garlic, onion, peppers, etc in it) to it after cooling down to 110 degrees. Rather that putting it in the individual jars of the yogurt maker, I put it all in a small quart casserole that fit perfect in the yogurt maker and set it for 7 hours. When the timer went off, I put the mixture into the yogurt cheese strainer so the liquid whey dripped out. It turned out fantastic, 1 ounce = 35 calories. It made 14 ounces total. The tight wad in me wants to figure out how much the yogurt cheese cost in the end but I'm too busy right now. I have lots of material left over from my quilts and making pot holders out of them is way too much fun. I've been making a couple a day so by this summer I'll have a heap to sell.

Speaking of selling, think I'll go check my Ebay account and see if anyone has bid on my DVD's.

Gayle...did you have to buy a new freezer or get it fixed?

Donna...what did ya have for lunch? I usually don't control myself when eating out since I do it so seldom.

KarenMo...I like your new avatar too, you look very happy.

I should have taken notes and I can't back up to page 17? so I'll say hi to Everyone else. Hope ya all had a great week-end, but today is D day again so get back on plan already.

Quote:
Hi Bad-News Butter,

It's scary but true. Here's the deal... According to FDA rules, if something has less than FIVE calories per serving, the label can claim it has ZERO calories. And while that might not seem like much of a difference, that small difference really adds up when you're talking about a product that has MANY servings per container. In a perfect world, products would have their EXACT calorie counts on nutrition labels with reasonable serving sizes, but it's not a perfect world. The best things you can do are to be aware and be honest with yourself. Really pay attention to the amount of a product you're using. A no-calorie sweetener packet actually has about 4 calories, so if you're using multiple packets throughout the day, keep track, and add up the calories. And sure, the labels on most nonstick cooking sprays say 0 calories for a 1/4-second spray, but who sprays for only 1/4th of a second?! I don't think that's even possible. A much more realistic serving is a 1-second spray, which has about 5 to 10 calories and 0.5 to 1 gram of fat. That's still a lot less calories and fat than you're likely to take in using regular oil, but it's not ZERO. A "no-calorie" butter spray is great for day-to-day use if you're trying to cut calories and you only need a few spritzes. But each teaspoon (about 25 sprays) actually has 20 calories and 2g fat. That's more calories and fat than the same-sized serving of light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like my favorite, Brummel & Brown). If the thought of calculating calories in zero-calorie products baffles or overwhelms you, you're probably better off getting low-calorie versions instead and being careful with your portions. BTW, when it comes to zero-calorie condiments and syrups, a lot of them don't taste great. Mix them with regular or reduced-fat versions to bring down the calorie counts while maintaining the flavor, or skip 'em altogether and opt for low-calorie kinds. Hope all of this info helps!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #279  
Bobbi

Gayle...we were posting at the same time. I think going back to Slim Fast is a good idea. Another thought, make a big pot of vegetable soup and put it in serving size containers. You can freeze some of it and bring some to work. If it would help, you could blend it all in a food processor or blender, put your serving in a cup and drink it on the way home. I know if I get hungry between meals, it fills me up with very few calories plus you get all that lovely fiber to boot.
Quote:
So, I’m gonna do the slim fast for breakfast, eat my usual lunch at work, and drink another slim fast on the way home.

TNDonna We had/have a ice storm yesterday, last night and today. All schools are closed around here too. My daughter is a teacher so shes' happy, a day off.

Diana...yup, BBC rules. That's the channel we're watching the Downton Abbey season 3 for free!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-28-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default :p

Drinking Redi-Cat "Banana Smoothie" this morning. Somewhat like drinking Latex Paint. UGH. 2 Bottles down, 1 to go then I leave for the CT Scan.
Wondering how many calories this stuff has in it.

Stayed on program all weekend! Looking for a good weigh in on Friday! (Trying to only weigh once a week) It would be so nice to be in the teens!!
Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I'll be back after the CT Scan.

Toodles
TN Donna
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thanks for the compliments on my new picture. I got up and felt really good yesterday so I had Tim take a picture for the new avatar beforee heading to church. Somedays you just feel good and have to take advantage of them! LOL!!!

I need to get busy and get some stuff done around here and then I have a Dr. Appt. at 5:30 this evening... regular appt. just checking blood work and all that good stuff since I take synthroid.

I'm really liking doing a SouthBeach plan. I am down some from where I started last Tuesday but now down to my ticker yet! Will be nice when I can change that to alower number!!

Everyone have a good day!!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #282  
Bobbi

Good Luck TNDonna on the scan.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Good News and not such great news

No AAA (life threatening thing the surgeon was worried about)

However, I have a cyst on my ovary that is now 10 cm and looks suspicious. So before the surgeon will schedule my hernia repair, I have to go see an OB/GYN for an evaluation on the cyst. They might "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" So I am hoping!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

TN Donna
Old 01-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #284  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Okay, Downton Abbey fans, what did you think of last night's show?????????? Oh, my! Such drama! Such trauma! Such a good show!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #285  

shhhhhhhhhhh I'm still in season 2
Closed Thread