Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #106  
Julie

S/C/G: 98kgs/97kgs/75kgs

Height: 165cm

Hi everyone,

Good to hear that your Dad is doing well, April Snow, and I understand what you are going through, it is hard when you can't be there, but I am sure he will be on the mend in no time, my mum had a triple bypass about 22 years ago and she is 81 now and still going strong and it is good to see that you are still taking care of yourself. And nothing has changed on the home front wanna, still not allowed to see my granddaughter, but I will get through it, when it comes down to it what other choice to we have ♥ take care and stay safe everyone and try to be happy I know at times it is easier said than done. hugs ♥
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #107  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Good Morning all. I hope everyone is doing well and happy.

April - I hope that you have been able to talk to your Dad and that he has been given the aok to go home to recover soon - to you

ANB (Julie) Keep the faith, children come around and I hope that it works itself out soon for you & your daughter (and granddaughter)

I am kicking myself in the butt and getting more motivated to get a job. I have been waiting on the sidelines waiting for my mailed out resumes to produce something (I have alittle bit of a following in my industry).. but after 2 months of a few interviews that did not work out.. its time to get "OUT" there. So going to go to places that need employees (Cracker Barrell etc) to just get a job and feel like I have a reason and have a structure again. I learned to crochet late November.. and have made 5 blankets and a scarf since that date.. (need something to do) LOL Wish me luck!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #108  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone -

my dad has been up and down - haven't gotten an update yet this morning how he did overnight. He's still completely sedated and intubated so unfortunately it will be a while before I can talk to him at all. I did send out some photos of my son and my nieces that he'll be able to look once they take him off the sedation (they are going to try starting today), and I know that will make him happy.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #109  
Sue finding inner song

You all are very nice people I have to ask tho... Have you ever posted to a thread and been completely ignored? It was kinda a new bunch of people starting too (older thread tho) and I just did not feel welcome. Does that happen? (they are are strangers to each other and not a clique) Just wondering. I know not everyone clicks with everyone (as in life) but a hello is always nice. Just wondering. Thank you my nice people here in this thread!!

AND April Snow... any updates on your Dad?? I sure hope that better and better news is coming your way!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 03-06-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #110  
Dukanista

Thanks Wanna! He's continuing to progress pretty well. Still in ICU but off the respirator now, so that was today's big step.

And yeah, I've posted and been ignored at times. Sometimes I just move on, sometimes (usually), I try posting a few more times and break into the conversation. I think people to get to "know" each other and sometimes lose track of a new person. Or maybe it's because a lot of people do come and go quickly and they want to see if they are really going to stick around first.

I do like this thread though - it feels very relaxed to me, if that makes any sense! lol!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #111  
Sue finding inner song

April Snow. I am so glad about your Dad oh gosh... this situation is so tough for you. But you are doing well? I sure does look like it.

I like this thread too. It is comfy here, that is why I knew it was ok to post what I did here. The other thread eh its not that important and that is ok. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced what I had. to you and I hope you have a very good sleep tonight. and may the dreams be good, the news tomorrow even better and the scale BE NICE!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #112  
Julie

S/C/G: 98kgs/97kgs/75kgs

Height: 165cm

Hi everyone
And yes wanna it happens I have posted and been ignored to, but I'm like April I just move on, so chin up this seems to be a nice bunch lol, and it is good to hear that your Dad is progressing April Snow, it is always a tough time when parents aren't at their best but I'm sure he will keep improving one day at a time. And yes I to feel comfortable here to, I don't get to post everyday because of studying but I do check the emails everyday and try to post when I can. take care all and stay safe and be happy
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #113  
Sue finding inner song

Hello nice people Ah the sun is shining today and God is smiling on us all!

I am feeling much better as I think I have another direction in life (instead of the crazy, stressful Real Estate market). I have applied to be a home health companion to seniors and hopefully be a Pet Sitter too (the BEST job ever. I don't mind picking up the waste ) Taking care of someone is such a wonderful thing to do. To make them feel safe and feel important to someone. Ah.. I think I have found my calling. Funny how something just feels right.

Hugs to you all and I hope that everyone has a very Happy moment today!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #114  
Sue finding inner song

I did hear something that sounded good on Dr Oz yesterday. He says that it helps your life span (I hope) if you sit all day long (working typing on threads etc) if you stand up or move for 5 minutes every hour. I am going to do this. It sounds really reasonable and probably helps the circulation and your spine ))) (I think my attached seat cushion could use the break too LOL)
Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Mind if I join this group? I just got started back on diet and fitness, after a LONG absence. Actually, I promised my DD that if she would start a lifestyle/diet program, I would try my best to be supportive -- even though we live far apart. So we started on Marth 4th -- get it? March Forth! I'm over the hill, age-wise, but still working, in relatively good health (nothing that losing 50 pounds wouldn't correct, lol) and hope to be a healthy, vibrant granny by the time I finally retire. By the way, I have now gone THREE WHOLE DAYS without binging. This is a big deal for this old lady -- the things we do for our children, right? Ya'll have a good day!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #116  
Sue finding inner song

I love that March Forth! (4th) That is wonderful and gave me a chuckle and yes to you! Noone is over the hill.... we are all still climbing (or trying lol) that hill. Not binging for the first 3 days - congratulations to you! That is GREAT! Welcome to another nice person to this thread. Never have enough nice people!!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 03-07-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #117  
Dukanista

Welcome Lizzy!! So good that you are getting back into losing weight and getting healthy and nice that you and your daughter can be a support to each other. I think 3fc is pretty good evidence that you don't have to be there in person to help each other!!

to everyone else!!

Not much news to report with my dad - minor ups and downs but seemingly ok at this point. The stress is really catching up with me and I'm exhausted at night, but waking up ridiculously early and not able to get back to sleep. Hoping to get a chance for some extra sleep this weekend - we are supposed to be getting a storm so I may just park my kiddo in front of the TV with a movie at some point and take an extra snooze!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #118  
Sue finding inner song

April Snow. That sounds like a real battery charger plan that you have for the weekend. To just relax and rest yourself. You really do need it and I hope that it does work out. And another storm.... well lets hope that this is the last major snow storm of the season. Time for the plants to sprout and the trees to leave out and sun to warm the bones.

Hugs to you! (and well wishes and prayers for your Dad)

Sue
Old 03-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #119  
Dukanista

Thanks wanna! He's been doing ok today and they even got him out of bed for the first time. So it's slow but progress and I'm happy about that. Sleeping is still an issue but I have actually felt a little bit hungry yesterday and today so I think that is a sign that I am feeling a little less stressed with the news being more positive. I'm still doing well staying on plan, but actually being hungry enough to *want* to eat vs. eating because I knew it had been too many hours from the last time I ate.

No improvement on the sleep, although this time, I partially blame my son because he woke up at 4 am, and woke me up. He got back to sleep, but I never really did.

I'm VERY glad it's Friday!

Hope you are doing well and that things are going well on your new career ideas. Will you need to do any sort of special training for it? If so, would your employer provide that or do you have to go back to school on your own for it first?

And hello to all, hope everyone is enjoying Friday and looking forward to a good weekend!!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #120  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Hi All! I do love coming on this forum but unfortunately it doesn't load very well so I have to wait for ages for posts to get posted and/or getting to another thread... does my head in sometimes. I don't know whether it's just my computer or some other reason...
I am also not very good at following all the various themes that are being written about..so I will just say Hi, hope you are all doing well..and see you all again soon! ..

Last edited by emaline29; 03-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread