3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   Losing weight at 50 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/270165-losing-weight-50-a.html)

A NEW BEGINNING 02-27-2013 04:56 PM

wannaskipandlaugh, thank you yes it is all OK, just had a bit of a tiff with my second eldest daughter, I gave a few home truths and she got on her high horse and now has stopped me from seeing my granddaughter, ahhhh like they say you can choose your friends but not your family, I am just throwing myself into my studies so I don't dwell on it, I hope you are well and staying focused, and when weight fluctuates like that for me I put it down to fluid retention. And yes water does help, and I read that ice water is even better. Take care and stay safe and be happy.

Julie

wannaskipandlaugh 02-27-2013 06:25 PM

A New Beginning.... Families.. lord the punishment they give us to teach us a lesson (in their minds). I hope that this one does not even last as long as this sentence is to type and that you get to see your granddaughter soon!! Hope the studying is easy peasy and thank you for your wishes! :) and
Water Water everywhere just want it to be gone gone gone to the ocean or streams or where ever it is really needed LOLOL

April Snow 02-27-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh (Post 4642216)
April Snow.. Ah Wisdom... That is true and we gain more everyday!

I am so excited ... I have a job interview on Tuesday and I have a much better feeling about this one then I did the others. Yeah Wish me luck and HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU ALL!

Did you have the interview? How did it go?

April Snow 02-27-2013 06:30 PM

Hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day! :D I'm very glad it's Wednesday, the weekend cannot come soon enough - I've had a nasty cold all week and really need a chance to get some extra rest.

wannaskipandlaugh 02-27-2013 06:52 PM

Hello April Snow! I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. Gosh I hope the cold goes away (Have you tried Zinc??) and thank you about the job. The interview got cancelled as they moved an employee from another office to that position. I just have to keep positive as the Real Estate market is getting better and this is the REALLY busy time of year here in Florida (I am a Escrow/Closing Officer for a Title co or used to be ).. So I can only hope that the companies down here will finally find a need for another person without the health care costs being a consideration too.

I send you warm and comforting thoughts and a clear sinus!!! Sleep well tonight with some warm tea??

wannaskipandlaugh 02-28-2013 11:13 AM

Gosh I had such a HUGE craving for popcorn last night and lettuce was just not going to cut it. I was good tho. I kept talking to myself and kept saying that I can have it tomorrow. Yep (I have actually been doing this to myself for about a week now and I wonder if I am disappointing myself??) But it worked. I am soooooo very happy. After gaining back 4 lbs for No reason other than minor depression, I have lost it all back again and Another One has LEFT THE Building Wooo WOO. I am NOT Jinxing myself NOT NOT NOT. It is gone. Gone to visit and stay with someone who needs it. Yes indeed!!

April Snow 02-28-2013 08:11 PM

sorry about the interview, wanna. I hope that the market keeps picking up and there will be lots of jobs!

I did have a cup of tea and go to bed last night! lol! And doing better today, just a cough that I expect will be around for a while, they always are. But got some not so good health news about my dad, and nervously awaiting the latest update.

The good thing is that I'm not tempted to stress eat - I actually had to kind of force myself to eat my normal foods today, and am trying to convince myself to eat some supper now.

wannaskipandlaugh 03-01-2013 09:58 AM

April Snow. I hope that the news about your Dad is not so bad and can be dealt with easily! Good ole tea. good for the soothing throat :) I hope that you feel 100% and perky really soon too.

A New beginning... I hope things have thawed alittle? I sure do.

I have to get my 5 job apps in today for the weekly requirement. Tho I have about 8 to count for the week. I amy trying a new direction in my life and going to become a home health aide (Not a nurse). Its a far cry from being an escrow/closing officer (RE).. but being nice to people is one of the nicest things you can do. So here's hoping that there are people out there who need me (Florida.... Retirement capital of the world.. so I have a fighting chance!)

I do wish you a Fantabulis Day (and healthy and happy family members!)

April Snow 03-01-2013 03:40 PM

well, the news with my dad is tough, he has to have heart bypass surgery. They are going to do the operation tomorrow, rather than have him come back home for it. So I feel awful that i can't be there, even though it was not really feasible for me to try.

Now it's just waiting for about 24 hours or so, until the surgery is over.

The only good thing is that instead of wanting to stress eat, I'm having to make sure I eat, since I don't have any appetite at all.

weight2lose 03-02-2013 10:56 AM

Prayers sent your way, April Snow. I hope that your father did well today.

April Snow 03-02-2013 11:38 AM

thank you weight2lose! He will be in surgery for several more hours, so the prayers are very timely!

Wannabehealthy 03-02-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April Snow (Post 4652293)
thank you weight2lose! He will be in surgery for several more hours, so the prayers are very timely!

April Snow - I hope your Dad's surgery goes well. I had heart bypass surgery in 2008 and am doing well. The first week or two afterwards is hard. They make you get up and around the first day, but that's the best thing for recovery. If he follows the doctor's orders he should recover nicely.

wannaskipandlaugh 03-03-2013 10:42 AM

April Snow. I am so sorry about your father. Oh gosh, I sure do pray that your father's surgery went well and he is in recovery. Gosh it is tough to be so far away from someone you love and not be able to see them with your own eyes just to make sure. I hope that you hear good news. Take care.

April Snow 03-03-2013 12:19 PM

thank you slmn11 and wanna!

He made it through surgery ok and had a pretty good night, and is doing reasonably well today. slmn11, it's great to hear about your experience and that you are doing so well now!

And I am also glad to say that I have still stayed on plan - I think it's been helpful to decide that being on plan is something that I can control, when there is so much else out of my control right now

wannaskipandlaugh 03-03-2013 01:03 PM

April Snow. I am so glad that your Dad came thru okay. I know he is only going to get better and stronger and will heal so that you can hug him to pieces when you see him!

Good for you to keep on plan on making yourself a priority too especially during this hard and stressful time. You are a marvel!