3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Losing weight at 50

Old 08-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #496

S/C/G: starting 149

Height: 5'3"

good morning everyone. I' 51 and have about 20 pounds to loose. I can really take off aa bit more, but I don't want to set myself up for failure. I'm 5'3" and weight around 150 right now. I think I can maintain 130, but I'd have to watch every calorie because I've been my current weight for around 2 years and have to watch/exercise or some combination of both. I used to spin, but had to have an emergency abdominal surgery, so now I'm nervous about the weight piling on. I'm used to eating to at least support my 55 minute cycle class. Any tips on how to say no to yourself and have yourself listen would be much appreciated! Good luck to everyone today!
wellonway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #497
Struggling Dieter

I have been a member here for 3 years and I guess I should be embarassed that my weight hasn't changed for so long, but I will never quit trying. I think the trying is at least keeping me from gaining it all back. I get a lot of tips from reading what others do and hearing about the success of others gives me encouragement.

Being over 50 is a whole new ballgame with weight loss. The weight shifts to different parts of the body. Our metabolism slows down and we are naturally less active. We need to have special tricks up our sleeve to combat this. Eating healthy and exercising might not add a lot of years to our life, but it will give better quality to whatever years we have left.

Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #498

S/C/G: 252/242/170

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls, I'd like to join your group. I was a member several years ago but got distracted by life. I just quit my job to concentrate on my health. I have had health issues over the past couple of years that have led me to the present mindset of it's now the time to lose this weight or suffer the rest of my life with chronic issues. I choose health, wellness, fitness and a long life. So I need to lose around 75 pounds. I am looking forward to the challenge.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.