Old 07-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for the welcomes!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #482  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Weighing myself is a major DISTRACTION. I need to resist the impulse to weigh myself everyday.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #483  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good to see you back and posting, Beth. I have always been inspired by your posts because you are always upbeat and get me upbeat, too! I think you will have that 20 lbs gone in no time, and I hope I'm not far behind.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

So...

I am trying to lose as much as I can before my daughter's wedding-Oct. 4th. My daughter and I started walking and increased the mileage every time. This was for three weeks. We got up to 5 miles! I was so proud of myself. I didn't weigh myself and was believing I would see a great drop. Wrong! I dropped 2 lbs in three weeks. I then went back to my 1 mile treadmill workout and I have lost 2 pounds in three days. I realized that I was not eating enough for all the calories burned. DUH!!!! I want to walk with her but have to figure how to increase the calories without going overboard with them. I don't want to say...oh you can eat more because you worked so hard. That is dangerous for me. So I will have to find a balance so I can enjoy the time walking with her and losing too!
Ugh! The joy of being overweight!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:23 AM   #485  
kosherveganchick

Hattie... I am right with you. Sometimes I need to ignore /avoid the scale.

Sometimes I need to add a handful of unsalted raw nuts to my salad.

I am more energized when I keep my caloric intake above 1300 but below 1800.

I increase calories with unprocessed foods.

OOOOHHHH a wedding! How wonderful! I am so happy for you. Weddings are magical promises this generation makes for the next generation. Civilization is maintained via weddings IMO.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #486  

Lucinda, I see you are vegan ... not vegan here, but husband is a vegetarian and I try to cook vegan whenever I can. I tried McDougalling, but that was not working well for me, so I am doing Sonoma. It's a challenge to find high protein vegetarian sources. I tried grilling tofu on Saturday night with great results. Next up: tempeh. Have you tried grilling tempeh (do you eat it?)

I love seitan, but my homemade results never seem to be as good as the commercial stuff.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #487  
kosherveganchick

I got fat being a vegan who thought it was my duty to buy and eat all those special "vegan" foods.
I lost all my weight b/c I no longer eat wheat, sugar, processed foods etc...
So although I can say," yes I have tried seitan" I also say ,"no I no longer eat it".
I am 54 years old, how much protein do I REALLY need? I get all my nutrients from fresh whole vegetables, fruits, nut-butter and I do add BRAGGS amino acids to my salad.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #488  

I've listened to all of the docs ... Barnard, McDougall, Esselstyn, who tell me I can eat lots of carbs and don't need to worry about protein, but I couldn't lose any weight and was becoming very frustrated. I have now reduced my intake of starches and make sure I get protein, mostly from vegetarian sources. It seems to be working, as the scale is now responding, where I was just maintaining before. I would like to go back to mostly vegan foods once I get to a weight I am comfortable with, because I do believe that it is the right thing to support the environment as well as health.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #489  

Angie, I will check out your page!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #490  
JAYNE

S/C/G: 276/251/150

I am restarting today. I am cutting out process foods and eating as clean as possible. I am 51 married and work full time and then some in healthcare. I started a new job last april in a bigger Hospital but it has made me gain 30 lbs on a frame that needed to lose. we order out mostly or don't eat and by the time I am home I eat everything In sight or the wrong foods. So today starting a plan given to me by my doctor. I also ride and own horses. So my goal is to lose 80lbs I currently weigh 231.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #491  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

is it terribly wrong of me to be considering opening a brand-spanking-new 3 Chicks account so no one will know how long I've been a member? Wish I knew a way to turn off the "join date" in my signature. Anyone know if this is possible?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 191/167/160

Height: 5'9"

Greetings OK Lizzy, why does it bother you to have an older "join date"? I wish we could traid dates. LOL! Being a long time member, to me, shows you have experience on the site and have good advice to give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Lizzy View Post
is it terribly wrong of me to be considering opening a brand-spanking-new 3 Chicks account so no one will know how long I've been a member? Wish I knew a way to turn off the "join date" in my signature. Anyone know if this is possible?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:35 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 85/83/60 kgs

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,
Hoping to lose weight with proper diet and exercise as soon as I figure out how to deal with a sharp heel pain.
My current BMI is 30.5
Old 08-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #494  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi, folks. I'm over fifty with weight issues since I was a young child, and getting older made losing/keeping the weight off even tougher. I've never managed to keep the weight off but I was able to lose it through CC and low-carb a number of times when I was younger. But last time, I just didn't have the mojo to CC. Luckily, I've had a much easier time with a small eating window (along with some roll-my-own food rules that exploit volumetrics and a lowish carb/whole-ish food approach).

I'm currently around my goal weight (albeit a higher goal than in the past). I just got through a two-week vacation without any real damage from the scale, even though I ate out several times and ate till I was full during my eating window!

Given that I was in despair the last time I was looking at another round of CC, this has been a fantastic WOE for me so far. I'm psyched to see how well this works over the holidays. I hope *this* is the way I can maintain my weight loss (so far, so good). I also wouldn't mind trending a bit lower, but I'm not going to push that at this point in my life.

OK Lizzy, some people do create new accounts to "start fresh," but I agree with Calgano7 that having an older account adds cred from battle scars, showing we have struggled with our weight at least that long (in my case, considerably longer). Also, it's nice to see ppl who stay on (or come back to) the site, but you should do what works for you.

Last edited by yoyoma; 08-20-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #495  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

I have lost and gained back weight so many times it's crazy. I joined a Dr. run program and lost 16 lbs last month. I have been very strict on myself for the past month and am now down a total of almost 28 lbs. I stopped going to the Dr, for $ reasons. So now I am searching for a program that will really help me not get bored, be healthy and that I can have long lasting results.

This has been such a struggle for me and has effected all parts of my life.
I am very open to all ideas. I want this to be the last time I have to go through all of this except for maintaing. :-)
Closed Thread