Losing weight at 50

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • I just joined this site yesterday....I am 55 and have fibro too...I just started a yoga class yesterday...really enjoyed it. I have 65 pounds to lose and will be reading about tips and tricks from members.
  • Welcome to the newbies

And thanks wanna for the prayers. No real news today, he still holding his own physically which is good but we are still waiting to see about his mental state.
  • April Snow to you. I have hope for your Dad!

Newbies... Welcome to you! Come join the fun and the journey to lightness
  • Hello lovely ladies
    G'day everyone

Welcome to the newbies , and April Snow my thought and prayers are always with you and you Dad and I wish all the best for you and like wanna I have high hopes for him to, I have had a few bad days, not with eating thats not to bad as I do not have much of an appetite, for the last 10 days I have had a tight feeling around my middle and a constant pain in both sides, looks like it could be gallbladder trouble with know more in a couple of weeks after all the tests come back, oh well such is life if it isn't one thing it is another. well just a check in from me today, wishing everyone a great day or evening, take care, stay safe and be happy
  • ANB (Julie) oh I am sorry about the pains you are having. Gallbladder... I had mine taken out 32 years ago and I am so glad that there are much better ways of dealing with it now. I hope that whatever your pains are.. that it has an easy solution.

April Snow's dad passed.........

Hello to all newbies and oldies (I'm a middler lol) Hope everyone is doing well. I am in the up part of the monthly weight. Even tho I am post M.... my body still goes thru the monthly water weight gain (but I don't get cramps ) and I am at that time of the month. Just have to persevere... tho last night.... I wanted a pizza soooooooooooo bad. I have 1 last frozen one in my garage freezer (since I am unemployed, I have not thrown any any of my food out as a just in case) and I kept going to the freezer and staring at it. 5 times last night. I kept telling myself.. well if I eat that... then it will take me at least a week to lose that water weight gain that it would cause me......... sooooo I thought and thought and went back into the house and had 2 slices of cheddar cheese instead. Its not the same... but I made it past a really hard temptation and I am happy (and lost 1 of the 2 1/2 lbs I gained in the last 2 days) whew... passed that temptation!

I wish you all a very easy and temptless day today.... Is that a real word??
  • Just checking in with you all. Are any of you going away for Spring Break? I think our county schools are out next week, so the beaches will be full.

I have good news.... I had an interview with a company yesterday and the attorney who owns it called me last night to see when I want to start YEAH and Hip Hip Horay! I will be an escrow/closing officer at his Title Ins co... but it won't be as stressful as the jobs I have had in the past. The other 2 girls in the office have worked there 25 years and 14 years... so it sounds like a keeper. I feel sooooo much safer (now I can pay my mtg). But it does not pay as much as I had made before.. so I am off to Cracker Barrel to see if they need weekend help (cashiering ) and maybe get a free meal at the same time (save money) and I can eat the eggs and bacon (OHHHHHH YUMMY) Thank you who said prayers for me. I should be starting next week and it wouldn't have happened without your help!
  • I am so glad that my hard work has paid off. I lost 2 lbs since yesterday. I know that some of it was the water weight that I gained last weekend... but 1 1/2 was weight loss. I am soooooo very happy. These last few days, I have been really stressed (getting a job and worrying about money and my best friend is now unemployed and wants to move to AZ - across the country and he is my only good friend I have left) I have been opening the refrigerator alot to look for the answers or the medicine to ease the stress and pain. I kept looking at the frozen pizzas, fried chicken, frozen brownies, icecream (I could not throw away as I needed to keep all the food I had in case I run out of food stamps and unemployment $) and they stared at me. They taunted me and my mind kept saying... well go for it this time... Bake that pizza (the most powerful one)... I kept opening and closing the freezer.. and finally said... well I'll try a spoonful of my Choc cream cheese splenda concoction and then see. It worked.. I was able to walk away. So this morning I feel like I was rewarded for being strong Every day is a new day, but seeing the results on the scale (and clothes) makes today just alittle easier to get thru and avoid temptations, as I saw the physical results and that is priceless

Have a great day all! and me too!!
  • wanna, thanks for updating this thread about my dad. I'm still not back into my regular groove of checking in and posting every day, but I want to try to get back into that habit, and not let myself fall off the path. The past few days have been mostly on plan although not 100%. I'm not beating myself up over it though, just trying to do the best I can and not use this as an excuse to go crazy but not put too much pressure on myself to be perfect either.

And I'm thrilled about your new job! I think that the fact other people have been there for so long is a great sign, I felt the same way about my job when I started last year. Almost everyone else in my dept has been here 10+ years.
  • Hello April Snow.... I am so sorry if I overstepped my bounds. I am so sorry. You are so brave and courageous. I send you what strength I have and what comfort I can give. You have a guardian watching over you and hugging you always. He is proud of you and will always love you. I send you love and peace.

Thank you for the kind words about my new job. I cannot wait to get back into a regular routine and feel that I am worth something. Tho my ego got alittle boost, as 2 other companies called me today saying that they wanted to hire me right away lol when it rains........

Have a wonderful nights sleep and dream beautifully...
  • Wanna - I didn't think you overstepped by updating, I appreciated it! And I appreciate your kind thoughts through this time, it's been very comforting.

Do you have a start date for the job yet?

As for me, I'm trying to get back into a normal routine. I'm not 100% on plan with my diet, but not too bad and I should be able to get back on track this week as I get back to a more normal schedule.

Hope everyone is doing well and that everyone gets a chance to check in soon!
  • April Snow... starting TOMORROW Yipeee I am so happy and I feel so much safer with life now. I also know... once I start working the adrenaline will help with the weight loss LOL Thank you for caring!
    You have done so well (I see your ticker) especially with what's going on. Your dad is very proud and you should be proud too!

Well having made it to the 270's well its been back up to 280-281.. but that is okay.. I have been feeling down in the dumps and queazy tummy... That feeling seems to have passed and hopefully evil scale "will" will treaT me nicely tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.... I will be posting in the eves from now on... (Yeah for me)

• Hi everyone!

Wanna, hope the job is going well, can't wait to hear how your first couple of days have been!

I'm getting back into the work thing myself. People have been very nice and helpful but still LOTS of catching up to do, frpm when I was gone, and from when my mind was just not all there the prior couple of weeks. Not that it's still there yet, and I still randomly have tearful moments. But I hope to at least get myself organized this week.
  • Well please add me in on the ripe old age of 50, actually I will be 51 in 2 weeks, the weight, like the age, just crept up from no where, ( well I do know where the weight crept up on me from) I also need to drop a good solid 100 pounds.... along with fibromyalgia, and just not being physically able to perform many tasks/ exercises I find it extremely hard to get motivated. ( I tire so easily). Not too mention I'm the type of person that will lose motivation fast unless I see some results, I'm not expecting to get into a pair of skinny jeans but i would like to feel more results faster, for me the winning results would be able to tie my shoes properly( being able to bed down and reach them easily), and just to be able to get out of bed with more ease....oh and did I mention I will leap for joy the day I can cross my legs again !!!
    Please let me join you in this venture !!
  • Hayem... Come on in! The waters fine here!
  • welcome hayem!! What day is your birthday? I turn 51 on the 15th.

And wanna, how's the new job?? Hope you are loving it!

I had some work news, found out my boss will be retiring in a couple of months. She's young enough that it came as quite a shock, but it's nice for her that she can do this while she and her hub can travel and enjoy life. Hopefully, we'll get someone good as a replacement and things won't change *too* much!