Old 08-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netters61 View Post
It will fill in again to an extent. If you tend to lose weight in the face first, like I do, it can seem scary. But then when you get to your goal...which might be slightly heavier than you may have been shooting for in the past...you go onto maintenance and eat a little more and the face fills in first...for me anyway. But you also have to make friends with it a little bit and use your sense of humor because we can't go back. I'm gonna shoot for healthy, happy and pleasantly plump. That rocks!
I'm looking for a really good facial moisturizer for women over 50. Does anyone have one they especially like?

Netters61, I'll be glad to be pleasingly plump.
Rytre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #17  

Perhaps try adding a vitamin C serum

Last edited by Veronica133; 11-26-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Veronica133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #18  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Three points, annieway:

(1) Even if nothing changes, isn't it better to feel younger than to look younger?

(2) I've always heard that you lose fat in a top-down direction, so it affects your face more than your breasts more than your hips and so on, but that over the course of a year, the fat re-distributes in a bottom-up direction, so that gradually your legs lose fat which re-distributes to your hips and so on up to your face. So don't make any conclusions about what you're going to look like until you've gotten to your goal weight & have kept the weight off for a full year.

(3) You should seriously consider doing facial exercises (which include the neck). There are a lot of free demo's of facial & neck exercises on YouTube. I went ahead and shelled out the bucks for Carole Maggio's DVD of facial exercises. After doing the exercises twice a day for just two weeks, I noticed big improvements in my jowls and neck, and after doing them twice a day for six weeks, I looked ten years younger—no bull. I think the DVD is called Carole Maggio Ultimate Facercise, and is available at Amazon. What I like about how she teaches the exercises is that after you get the technique down pat, she has a fast-paced 8-minute version. For me, at least, those two 8-minute sessions every day are really worth the effort! (And no, I have no vested interest in promoting her DVD. I'm just a happy customer.)

Good luck! Oh, and by the way, I'm 58.

Last edited by Fiona W; 11-18-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #19  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I have been using the Strivectin Firming creams. I buy them at Costco. They are pricey but I swear I see a difference. Thank you all for your suggestions.

D
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #20  
Less of a Better Me

Yes, I am worried about the same thing. I am 59. I had lost down to about 159 a year and a half ago or so and I noticed the same thing (I've regained a lot of that since then - sigh). I do think it was worse at 159 than it was when I was at 205. There was less fat filling in my face so it looked more saggy.

Another thing is that when I start losing weight it really does hit me that I'm not going to look now like I looked when I became a WW lifetime member 23 years ago. That is, getting to goal won't make me look like I'm in my 30s any more. And, that is OK.

I also think that some people have more saggy skin on the face than others. People used to think I was younger than my chronological age. Part of that may have been that I didn't have a lot of wrinkles mostly because I didn't have a lot of sun exposure so didn't damage my skin.

But in the last few years the sagging has been much, much worse than the benefit I get from not having a lot of wrinkles from sun damage. The worst thing is that my eyelids sag a lot.

DH went to see an ENT recently and he recommended that DH have surgery for sagging eyelids (that wasn't why DH went in). What was notable to me is that my sagging eyelids are way worse than those of DH.

Anyway, I told DH a few months ago that once I get to my goal weight and the weight loss settles I want to have my eyelids done and possibly a face lift. I never really thought I would do that, but I seriously don't like the sagging.

I see people talking about getting tummy tucks to removing loose skin. I would way rather do eyelid surgery and face lift surgery.

I know not every approves of cosmetic surgery. And, I'm not at all unhappy to be the age I am. I just don't like the degree of sagging that I have which seems to be more than that of most people my age. I've gone from looking younger than my age to looking older.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #21  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

I am just beginning my journey,(again) but I have let the extra weight hurt my self-image; after I lose, I hope that I will feel secure enough to realize I am almost 60, and my self image should include some sagging and wrinkles. Really, there is nothing prettier than happy, and that's what I plan on looking like, happy. And, I own my body, if I decide to get a string lift, I will. Life is short, I have spent 20 child rearing years ashamed of my baby fat. I want those years back!

Last edited by Quixotica; 11-23-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:50 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 215/159/140

Height: 5'2"

I always seems to lose weight in my face and neck first. I feel being thinner and maybe a few wrinkles is better than having the fat.( always had a fat round face). Sounds like the new hair style is good. I find that a good moisturizer helps with the wrinkles. pamper yourself, it always does wonders for my self image.
Girl4him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 203/197/140

Height: 5' 4"

Smile I wondered...

You hit on a fear of mine.....that, as I lose the weight, my face will sag even more. I too am signed up for a laser treatment - Erbium Fractional- in March, so I hope to stave off the worst of it. I will have my face and neck done. I only expect to have a week downtime while I heal enough to go out of the house. I also get filler injected in my face... marionette lines, under the eyes at the top of the cheekbones, folds from nose to mouth, and my lips. It has all helped so much.

Take care... Ranch Girl
Ranch Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 203/197/140

Height: 5' 4"

Default Good Facial Moisturizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytre View Post
I'm looking for a really good facial moisturizer for women over 50. Does anyone have one they especially like?

Netters61, I'll be glad to be pleasingly plump.
I really like Oil of Olay, 7 in One, Anti-aging. I don't breakout, it is non-greasy and absorbs into the skin very well. My skin feels plumped up after I use it.

Dr. Perricone has wonderful products too, to help repair and rebuild the skin. I like the Advanced Face Firming Activator. I use it before I use the Oil of Olay.

Let me know if you try them!

Ranch Girl
Ranch Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/159/140

Height: 5'2"

I like the oil of Olay 7 in one moisturizer. it feels good.
Girl4him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #26  

Default Lose Weight/Look Much Older

Last year, at 64, I got down to my target weight of 125 lbs.

Then, I got sick and didn't eat for a week. At 118, you start looking old and fragile, even though you don't feel any different.

I gained back the 7 pounds this winter, but the "damage" is done. This is both frustrating and discouraging!
simalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I am 56 and don't look my age, had knee surgery in December and my ortho kept asking me my age, because he didn't believe me, this is from a man (they don't notice too much. lol) I gained the weight pretty quickly, post-mono and then hypothyroid. I have a "full" face even when I am thinner. My Irish grandmother always said that I would age well, we will see after I lose the weight!

I make sure I drink 64 oz of H2O per day. I always use suncreen. Exfoliate 2x/week and I use a good moiturizer. I use Dr Denese with SPF30 during the day and in the winter I use Philosopy's When Hope is Not Enough. I use a lighter night cream in the warmer months: Oil of Olay, Isomers or MyChelle.

Someone wrote on another blog: When we are in our 50's ( and up) we have to choose between our face and our ars. lol
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdejager View Post
I always lose weight first in my face - and I hate that because I have a long "horse face" the way it is. Thank God my daughter got her dad's round face
When I get to my goal weight there is no doubt...facelift, here i come!
I'm 53 and my face also is the first place I notice weight loss. But only if I get really low in weight will my face, or I should say around my mouth , that I have the "horse face" but without the wrinkles. But I'm not trying to get down to what I did 11 years ago. I'm just trying to get in a smaller pair of pants

Last edited by Waterbunny77; 03-01-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #29  
Carrol

S/C/G: 260/150/150

Height: 5'0

Talking Losing weight is great but........

I'm almost 65 and have lost 70 lbs. I hate the wrinkles I'm getting get worst every day. Age spots and saggy skin. I need more coverage for my face and freckles, wish I could find a good makeup. I am pleased with weight loss, but hate getting older.
Unforgetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:45 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 105kg/103kg/60kg

Height: 1.60m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post

(3) You should seriously consider doing facial exercises (which include the neck). There are a lot of free demo's of facial & neck exercises on YouTube. I went ahead and shelled out the bucks for Carole Maggio's DVD of facial exercises. After doing the exercises twice a day for just two weeks, I noticed big improvements in my jowls and neck, and after doing them twice a day for six weeks, I looked ten years younger—no bull. I think the DVD is called Carole Maggio Ultimate Facercise, and is available at Amazon. What I like about how she teaches the exercises is that after you get the technique down pat, she has a fast-paced 8-minute version. For me, at least, those two 8-minute sessions every day are really worth the effort! (And no, I have no vested interest in promoting her DVD. I'm just a happy customer.)

Good luck! Oh, and by the way, I'm 58.
I agree, facial exercises are so important! I've been doing them for around 2-3 months for jaw pain, but I've definitely noticed a positive difference in the tautness of my neck.
JamieToo is offline   Reply With Quote