Old 07-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #1  

Default New to this site but need some help

Hiya!
I'm Jan and I just started Jenny Craig 3 days ago. I have been experiencing headaches ever since I started this. I don't think it's from not enough fluids because I drink around 64 oz of water for years...still do. They have me on 1200calorie diet. This is day 3, and I have lost 3 pounds. I know you lose a bunch the first week but with all the other diets I've done I haven't had headaches or lost that much in 2 days. Oh, btw, I never get headaches....ever.
BeemerPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jan, welcome! About the headaches, I'm wondering whether you are cutting out sugar. When you cut out sugar you will get headaches the first few days. If that is it, they should soon go away and usually you feel much better and much more energetic etc. Also if you have dropped your carbs way down to only about 90-105 carbs a day you might be experiencing ketosis for that reason too. This can also cause headaches and a general feeling of being unwell for several days...on Medifast I experienced this for a week. Are you tracking your carb intake? That's all I can think of of right now since sounds like you are doing well with the water. I had to drink 10 cups a day at first with Medifast and still had the headaches anyway so think it's more likely greatly reduced carbs and esp sugar. I don't know anything about Jenny Craig so not sure any of this applies to what you are doing.

If you'd like you can join us on the Golden Girl thread. We have a great group of ladies there who are very supportive, and we talk about everything there, not only diets. Hope the headaches go away soon, good luck with the diet!

Last edited by maryea; 07-29-2012 at 11:21 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #3  

Default thanks

I spoke to my counselor today and she said it probably was because I was hungry. I'm not eating enough of my freebies. I also think it may be sugar too. Thanks.
I get on FB and buzz right through lunch frequently, so I have to get off my butt and do some stuff. I hate organized workouts but really don't mind "purposeful" exercise. Yesterday I got out in the yard and started cutting back all the huge bushes I had! Spent 3 hours doing this and had to quit until today. I have a bad arm (had a total elbow) and have to be careful with it. Stuffed 4 bags with the branches and hopefully will finish this up today. (I'll work on the back yard next week. LOL
BeemerPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote