Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Yes, it was a HUGE potato. I wish I had thought to weigh it. We generally eat the white or red potatoes with the thin skins. My Husband isn't that crazy about russets. Most bags of potatoes seem to contain lots of different sized 'taters. I usually choose one that weighs less than three ounces and dress it with greek yogurt and onion tops.

Macy's...purses...YES! Love Macy's.

I have done really well the last couple of days avoiding anything that smacks of refined sugar or bread. Those two seem to be triggers for me along with pasta to a slighly lesser degree. I still consumed a bit too much.

AM2, I am the same way. If I get too hungry, I can't think straight. It really is a fine line we have to tread. At least you have a good plan. Your visit to the past sounds like it will be enjoyable. I hope it works out the way you want it too. If you eat too much, well, it's only one day.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #467  
Happy Member

Good Evening -

Am+ LOL, I've had more than my share of binges in the past, and I'll probably have a few more in the future. Those calories do add up, don't they? I really don't go off my eating plan, I just eat too much of it. It's still healthy food, but I can so easily eat too much. I hope your lunch with your friend was a fun time for the both of you.

Gail - Actually I got a lovely purse for Christmas myself. It wasn't from Macy's, it was from Sears. But it is leather, and I really like it.

I've had a pretty good day today myself. The festivities of the holidays are well behind us, and I've settled fairly well back into my normal and usual routine.

So, let's make tomorrow a good day, too.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 01-08-2013 at 09:06 PM.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #468  

I got one of those Keurig single serve coffee pots. They take the little pre-measured container of grounds. The coffee is good and the machine fun to use. I am enjoying it.

Today, I suddenly noticed that I am much smaller in the chest and arms. That has to be from doing those strength building exercises. My legs don't get very fat, but they have trimmed up, too. I guess from walking and doing the exercises. Now I need to do something about my "abs". LOL. I have an 18 pack instead of a six pack. I can usually stand on one leg to get my pants on, now.

Size 12 pants from a couple of different places fit me. Not sure I like the pants, but I am thrilled to be able to get into them.

Also, my feet will now fit into a new pair of shoes I got a while back. The shoes were the same size I have worn for years, but I guess I had gotten so fat my feet got bigger.

Now if I can just buckle down and loose the 1.5 lbs I gained over the holidays.

Cat story: I was just starting to eat my bowl of soup when our neighbor drove into the yard. While I was out talking to him, someone ate my soup!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #469  
Happy Member

Good Evening -'

Gail - Isn't it fun to notice the changes in your body as you lose weight? And the changes in the clothes that fit your body? You have done a lot of work to lose the weight, and the results are showing now.

Loved your cat story. Cats are such opportunists, aren't they? No food is safe on the table or counter in our house unless we are there to protect it. Hope your cat digested the soup OK. One of our cats has a nervous stomach, and will upchuck any strange food he manages to find. He does well with just the cat food we provide.

I've been busy planning for a meeting on Saturday. One of my friends is sick, and she was scheduled to help serve the light brunch we have at our meeting, so I am "pitching in" to take her place. That's OK, I know what I can and will cook.

Hope everyone is back on track after the holidays. Let's keep on keeping on.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 01-10-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #470  

I hope your friend doesn't have the flu.

This morning, I weighed 159.5. Out of the 160s and beyond the holiday gain. Call me a very happy camper!

Yesterday, I did 15 minutes on my mini stair-stepper and my strength building exercises.

Spoiled cat story: Sophie has decided that my computer chair is her preferred place to sleep. Since I didn't want to inconvenience her in any way, I rearranged my computer area, brought out another less comfortable chair for me to sit in, and everyone is happy. Actually the cat doesn't act happy, she acts entitled.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #471  
Happy Member

Good Afternoon -

Well, of course cats are 'entitled' and they know it all too well. We feel happy that our two cats allow us to live in their house. LOL There is a certain supercilious air to cats that make them so enjoyable to watch.

Gail - being out of the 160s is another milestone for you. We're all doing the 'happy dance' for you.

My meeting this morning went well, although the yucky weather we've been having hurt our attendance. Winters can be tough for women drivers. But we made some plans, and enjoyed ourselves.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #472  
Empress/Queen

Gail, congratulations on being out of the 160s and all the positive changes in your body! Woot!

JoJo, glad your meeting went well!

I enjoyed your cat story, too, Gail.

JoJo, it is nice that your two cats allow you and DH to live in their house

As for moi, I need to go back to bed, or would write more! Huzzah, all! Have a great Sunday.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #473  

Jo, I admire you for being able to function at all in that kind of weather. I always enjoy visiting the snow in Michigan, but I can tell it would be very limiting to live in it all the time.

Am2, I am really not sure if I have ever even had Red Velvet Cake. I am sort of obsessing on it. Red is my favorite color.

I ordered some slacks/jeans and some blouses from Land's End and Eddie Bauer. The clothing was discounted a bit, but still seems pretty expensive to me, being a Wal-Mart shopper. The idea is to motivate myself to keep on with the project. When I am fat, I am a rectangle shape - no curves. When I am thin, I am a bony rectangle - no curves. I am hoping some of the stuff fits my shape.

We have been under a "Hard Freeze" advisory for the last couple of days. Probably you are feeling this, too, Am2. It it is supposed to be 22* tonight which is very unusual for us. Except for the family room with the wood stove, our house is quite cool today.

Thanks to Sophie, the cat, my computer chair has taken on the appearance of a beige angora sweater.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #474  
Empress/Queen

Dear Gail, lol, you must not obsess on Red Velvet Cake, it is evil.

Just don't go there. Sorry I have to have it in my sig, pay it no mind.

Good for you for ordering nice clothes. You deserve them. I love Eddie Bauer stuff and have a special reason to have an affinity with the line.

I don't know if it's a hard freeze. My desert is the Sonoran, I don't know if you'd call it a hard freeze but it is WAY colder than it should be, low 20s ... what is that? I could have stayed in the midwest two decades ago when I came here to live in a warm place lol?

We're supposed to get back into highs in the 70s by Thursday, thank goodness. It is in the 40s now so it is climbing up.

Woot!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #475  

Many thanks for your validation of my buying from Eddie Bauer! I think nice clothes are worth it. I buy at Wal-Mart because that's all we have here. When we go to Bakersfield or Lancaster, we usually have other things to do besides visit Macy's, so I don't get much of a chance to shop "nice". I can't just walk into Macy's or Nordstrom, get something and leave. It is kind of like visiting a shrine and requires adequate time.

We are supposed to hit 60 on Thursday.

I'll try to stay away from the Red Velvet. It helps that I don't really like to bake. There's always Costco - they sell the biggest Red Velvet cake you can imagine. That's where I first saw one.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #476  
Happy Member

Good Morning -

LOL - The weather is a topic that interests us all. Yesterday it was below zero F. when we headed out to church and Bible class. Brrrrrr This morning it is about the same, so I am staying home where it is warm. There's always lots to do around here, and I just don't go out in the cold weather unless I have to.

Eddie Bauer and Land's End - I have ordered things from them. And when I lost weight I sorta got hooked on clothing from Coldwater Creek. Mostly I order items from CWC Outlet, and have never been disappointed. As for stores in Casper, we have Macy's, JC Penney's, and Christopher & Banks - all of which I like. I also do shop at Walmart, and have made some happy finds in the clothing department there. After losing weight, shopping is a lot more fun. LOL

Let's make today a great day!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #477  

I'm feeling bad because they moved us! I feel like no one will come and visit us here.

I love the Coldwater Creek catalog. I was under the impression that they don't have anything for short people - only long narrow clothes. I'll have to check it out.

Speaking of Wal-Mart finds, a couple of years ago I bought a down coat there for $30. I think it was probably purchased somewhere else and returned to our local store. Anyway, the very warm coat only goes to Michigan with me. Except today. It was 10* this morning!!!

I woke up about 2am this morning, so I went to check on things and add wood to the fire. Turns out the front door must not have been fully latched and the wind had blown it open. Talk about cold. The cats were still in and the dogs still out. I guess they hadn't noticed yet.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #478  
Happy Member

Oh, Pooh - I liked it where we were. Gail, we could always start another thread back in the Weight Loss Support Forum.

I'm a short person, too, and I like CWC jackets and pants, which is what I mostly wear for dress-up.

If your door is ajar during the night, you might wake up and find burros in your living room. LOL

Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #479  

We have several broken pipes and no water in the house. We put foam insulation around the pipes and a bag over that and we are fine with our usual lows of around 25-30. Our usual method just doesn't work down to 10*. We've been working like little beavers on the pipes this morning. Jerry had his glass of tea outside and the ice and tea all froze together. The dogs' water dish was almost frozen solid. We are such innocents as far as cold weather goes!

Here's what I'm grateful for this morning: I have lost enough weight that I can wear my warm jacket or my Michigan coat with a layer underneath and still get them zipped and not look like a stuffed pig.

I kept to plan yesterday and this morning I am down one of those little marks on our scale. Not much, but it beats the alternative.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #480  
Happy Member

Oh, I'm so sorry that you are dealing with frozenbroken water pipes due to this frigid weather. Can your Jerry deal with the pipes, or will you have to get a plumber to replace them? We are still having the very cold weather here, but of course the houses here are built to survive nicely. I remember once when the temperatures got to 40 below zero F. That's the coldest it's ever been in Casper since we've lived here.

on being able to fit into your layers of clothing. Those are small victories on your weight-loss journey, but important ones. Keep on keeping on. As you get closer and closer to your goal, you may find your weight bouncing around a bit more. Any minor ups-and-downs don't really mean a thing.

I really like my scale. I know it is giving me an accurate accounting each morning, and that's a good thing to know. I've been feeling good these days, and that is a plus.

Let's think positive -

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 01-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.