Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #91  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Am2, you have really started a good thing with me. I am doing the yoga routine 3-4 times a week. My hip no longer hurts when I sleep. How very cool is that and the other stretches are helping too. This morning I ellipticalled, walked a short walk with my elderly husky as she's too sore from howling at the company playing in the pool. DH took the other 3 for the full hike. I know I'm up to 525 cals so far today which is too high for this time of day but since I'm not obsessing, I will not worry. I will do better today about not snacking between meals. That's my goal. It is Dear Daughter's 27th birthday. Pretty amazing that I'm such a youngster and my DD is 27.
Marie
Old 07-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #92  

Height: 5'3"

About to go to bed ...early because I'm having back spasms...and remembered to post first. 1647 calories and 15 1/2 carb serv. For some reason I have been having two snacks in the afternoon. Gotta stop that...my evenings are much better but having two snacks in the afternoon makes it hard to stay within my calories and carbs. Will work on that next I guess. Also had two slices of French bread tonight with dinner. Tomorrow is another day....at least I worked out.

Good nite!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #93  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Sorry I have not been keeping up here. Now you can see why I am in the shape I'm in ~ I don't do well at sticking with things (especially those related to diet and exercise ) I have been that way my whole life pretty much. All I can do is keep trying, never giving up, take one day at a time and not beat myself up over it.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #94  
Empress/Queen

Marie, glad you are doing well with the yoga and stretch and your hip feels better.

Happy Birthday to your DD!

Maryea: Sorry the back was giving you trouble yesterday. Hope it is better. Your counts look good. Woot. Sometimes I have MORE than two snacks in the afternoon. Trying to stop it also.

Gayle: Missing your cute flowers! Woot! You are like Winston Churchill, who said, "Never give up." He added more nevers in there but that was the gist.

My streak entry was a 75 minute walk today. Can't remember if I posted yesterday's but it was a walk with jog thrown in for good measure.

Have been doing a little challenge to stay in the 1300s Friday and Saturday and so far so good.

Looking at the JUDDD alternate-day diet, won't do it fully but getting a lot of ideas on calorie cycling.

Was also reading Bob Harper's book of skinny (hate that word, actually) rules, made a lot of sense.

Doing NOTHING productive really except, I hope, losing weight, until next Wednesday.

Ergo, I am going to go take a nap lol.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #95  

1581 calories and 11 carb serv. estimated as I didn't track very well.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #96  
Empress/Queen

1545 and I did lose .8 this week and will be back (gosh willin' 'n the wash don't rise) in the 130s next weigh-in! Woot!

Been a bit down and am not looking forward to working again next week but DETERMINED that this will not mess up this critical (for me) weigh-in, so very focused right now.

The streakity today was:

SUNDAY: July 8, 2012, Day 287 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 15 min walk, 15 min pilates, 15 min weights, total streakity streak minutes so far 21,620 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Gotta put the weights back in and build it up again after my 3-week hiatus. Metabolism will bonk if I don't do weights.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #97  
Lifelong Journey Member

Am2, please add your weights back into your routine and do double. A set for you and a set for me. I like yoga way more than weights. OK, I'm getting a little bit hooked on the Congrats on the loss and here's hoping for 130's next week for you!

Gayle, I agree with Am2. You need to start your streak with the flower power again!

Mary, tracking and me didn't go together well this weekend either.

But, I did put in today's food and DD and DGS have gone home to Reno. So today I will end the day at 1700 cals. Not too horrible. I walked about 20 minutes, swam a bit and played on the diving board for a good long time. That wore me out. I did 4 really clean back dives and that was nice. Normally clean dives outnumber the bad dives but I was overthinking it or something. Many, many bad ones. Over rotated, under rotate, not high enough. Anyway, the four felt like a good piece of chocolate on the tongue. Yes, I live for food. Tomorrow I will be back around 1500 cals and an elliptical workout. And if I can con DH to sit out in the heat, I'll play on the diving board more. That is just so much fun!.

Oh one other thing, my DD taught me how to use my Just Dance 3 PS3 game this weekend. What a blast. I dance up a storm Friday and today (today wearing the knee brace). I had been so disappointed in the game just because I couldn't figure out how to select songs. Now I know and it is so fun. So I ordered another Dance PS3 game. Marie and Amazon Prime.
Marie
Old 07-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #98  
Empress/Queen

Ok, Marie, I'll do weights for you and you do yoga for me.

Actually, I love both, just get tired of them sometimes.

Thanks for the congrats on the loss and the 130s wish.

I did another 30 minute walk this afternoon, ended eating day at 1590.

It is 108 at 8:32 p.m. and right now I only have one cool room (no central a/c), so it is unlikely I will eat anymore tonight and I'm calling it good.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hello! I have never posted here, but I decided to come on over and try it out. I am not good at challenges, but I am going to start off with challenging myself to give up coffee. Again. My psoriasis cleared up so well when I was off coffee. After my second surgery I started back with it for some reason and now my psoriasis is returning with a veageance. Coffee is a known irritant for it. I have bee trying to cut back and I am down to 2 cups in the morning. I will soon cut back to 1, and then get off it altogether.

Now I will go back and read all the posts to catch up with what everyone else is doing.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #100  

Marie - I have a cute story about my elliptical. It's a Sole, so you know how big it is. My 3 YO grandson ran into my exercise room yesterday and climbed on the elliptical. It started going right away from his 32 lbs of body weight, LOL, and he was literally hanging on the handles! He looked so cute and he loved it. After a couple minutes he said "Will someone turn this off?" He didn't realize he was making it go. I went over and lifted him off. I didn't want him to get hurt trying to get down. The exercise room has a half door that he can't see over so he never knew what was in there. Now I have to make sure he doesn't go in there without an adult present.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #101  
Lifelong Journey Member

Am2, 108 degrees is about 18 degrees too much. Eeks. I’d stick with the one room with AC too.

Carol Sue, Welcome aboard. Interesting about the coffee and psoriasis correlation. Good luck with giving it up. I hate plain coffee but I LOVE mochas. Preferably iced except hot when out skiing. BTW, my grandson when he was ~3 would try to walk on the treadmill. He got pretty good at it. He’s 6 now and well over 4 feet tall and can actually use the elliptical but not very well.

I will finish the day at 1557 cals and good exercising. I did the mini yoga routine and a good elliptical workout. I chose the hill pre-programmed routine. Like Carol Sue, I have a Sole elliptical and use several of the pre-programs for variety. I played on the diving board just a tiny bit to cool off. It was easy to do right after the elliptical workout – I worked out in my tankini. Finished the elliptical and yoga then dove in the pool. Trying to pull a tankini on over sweaty body is not fun so I decided to workout in my suit.
Marie
Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #102  
Empress/Queen

Hello, Slmn11!! That is so cute about your GS. Good luck with your coffee challenge.

Marie, yea, it is hot lol, but mainly it is so humid. Hoping for rain.

Finished day at 1450. I'll just paste my streakity in, as so falling asleep right now lol:

MONDAY: July 9, 2012, Day 288 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min jog, 45 min walk, (albums listened to: We Walk the World-A Leslie Sansone compilation, Wrath of the Titans soundtrack/Javier Navarette), total streakity streak minutes so far 21,725 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #103  

1525 calories and 12.6 carb serv however this is very estimated as I could not find the calories in the dessert I shared with dh. It was almond roca ice cream in a cookie shell. It's a real favorite of mine!! I won't give it up but I will share it. If rthis is correct I did better on carbs today but wish I could also get my calories down to 1400. Will keep trying.

Marie - I'm back to my mochas again too. I did take a break for a few days however I tried making them without the mix I normally used. I used your recipe except instead of cream or half/half, I used Baily's vanilla coffee creamer. I also used instant vanilla coffee too. I used a whole cup of NF milk (I usually only use 1/2 cup) and some ice. It wasn't as thick as I'm used to but it was pretty good. I am now back to my mix but it's good to know I can make it tasty without it too. The mix is just so easy and fast however I don't want to feel like i just HAVE to have it, you know? So I make myself go without it every now and then. When I have to throw in more ingredients I tend to make it less at least. I'm basically lazy.

Didn't go to the gym today but we walked (kinda slowly) along the river for about 20 min.

Slmn11 - Glad you've joined us. I don't usually do well with challenges either but I'm trying anyway. Loved the story about your gs!

My weight was down a teensy bit again today, but basically I'm still just stable. I'm not eating nearly as healthy as I used to. Don't know what's up with that. I thought I'd be back to normal by now. I had a 1/2 peach this morning and at lunch (out) I had a small salad (forgot to get the dressing on the side tho). It had a little shredded chicken in it...had to force it down but I did it. Tonight I had some leftover chicken noodle soup which had bits of leftover rotisserie chicken in it and it was yummy. So at least I got a little lean meat. And I had 2 prunes. That was the extent of my healthy eating except for the milk in my mochas. The good thing is I am spacing out my eating better and noticing my fullness more and stopping a little sooner. I also feel I am not as obsessed with food which is a really good thing for me!

ETA: Also notice I am filling up a lot faster. I am taking a fiber pill but I've done that for a long time and didn't notice much difference til now. I don't put this fiber pill in MFP. Guess I should as it would then show more fiber and I could have more carbs! ;-) Just never thought of it til now. Oh and another NSV today. At the restaurant I knew I wanted dessert so I followed my dd's example and had a salad. Even with dressing, I doubt it was as much as a hamburger and fries esp as it was small.

Last edited by maryea; 07-10-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #104  

This morning I had 1 cup of coffee. I like my coffee black and very hot. If it cools off I dump it out and pour fresh. I will finish the week off with 1 cup per day and then go down to 1/2 cup per day. At that point I will probably quit completely. At least I hope so.

Marie - I don't dare even try a Mocha. I'm afraid I would like it then there would be something else I would have to give up. Better off not to even try it! LOL
Old 07-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #105  
Empress/Queen

Maryea, congrats on the weight being down and also the dessert related NSV! Woot!

Slmn11, great work on the one cup a day.

It is 109 here and I am done eating at 1490 unless it is sugar free popsicles, but I doubt it. Have everything planned for my eating day tomorrow as I have a very, very long meeting to work.

The streakity be thusly:

TUESDAY: July 10, 2012, Day 289 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk, 15 min weights, (music: Power Yoga Remix/Power Music, Island Jams/Jimmy & the Parrots), total streakity streak minutes so far 21,800 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Good night, everyone! Woot!
Closed Thread