Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'4"

Cinthia, I know all too well how stress affects weight gain. Here to cheer you on and wish you much success.

My husband is a tow boat captain. Made a good wage and was gone 3 weeks out of the month. He fell on the boat and broke both of his knees. Now he has been off work for over 12 months total. For the first almost 8 months, didn't receive anything because as a seaman, he doesn't get workmen's comp. They have what they call the Jones Act and he gets $20 a day...which they started giving him in February. I don't know which is worse....being broke or having him home every day. I hate to say that...he's a good guy...but we're both on edge over this. Hopefully they will reach a settlement soon and he can go back to work.

ShoBan is doing the IP diet. I don't know what kind of entrees or protein they have on there. Maybe she will come on here and tell us about some of the choices. I looked at a site and saw puddings and soups, but was wondering about regular meals.
byugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/209/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Get a cushion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byugal View Post
I could ride it more but the seat is so uncomfortable. I am sure it is because my butt is so big. I need to get a cushion or see about finding a wider seat!
I used to use a cushion, much more comfy. I had an oops today, for my protein, I ate 7 oz. pork riblets, not with Bar-b-que. It wasn't lean. I'll see how this affects my progress. I did clear out some too lg. pants an shirts, that made me feel better! Good luck an chat with you soon!
ShoBan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #18  

ShoBan, do you eat entrees that come from IP or make your own? I am down a couple more pounds this morning but I have been taking myself off my pain medicine and having withdrawals from that. I didn't eat lunch yesterday but had a nice dinner of a piece of chicken, steamed vegetables and a little brown rice. It sure tasted good. Kind of bland but on my sickly stomach, that's what I needed.

Keep fighting the good fight!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #19  

byugal-Thank you for your reply. I'm so sorry about your situation. It is hard to deal with..We will lose this weight!

Last edited by cinthia; 06-14-2012 at 07:02 PM.
cinthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #20  

Default week 1 too

I just started cutting out all sugar this week. I am basically doing high protein/low carb. I lost 21 lbs. last summer doing that also.This summer I am going to exercise. I am a teacher ,so summer is a great time to start.-again....I am adding exercise and weights this summer. I am hoping to lose 30 lbs and speed up my metabolism!
Here's my plan so far-
- I drink muscle milk and coffee when I get up. Then I have eggs or turkey sausage and a green pepper.
-tea, greek yoghart and blueberries for a snack
-lunch-protein such as grilled chicken or tuna and veggies
-dinner protein and veggies
snack-cheese stick,muscle milk- if I'm hungry

Please share what you are eating and any tips you have. I would love to partner with several people for support. This is hard!

Last edited by cinthia; 06-14-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #21  

Default What I can eat....

Quote:
Originally Posted by byugal View Post
ShoBan, do you eat entrees that come from IP or make your own? I am down a couple more pounds this morning but I have been taking myself off my pain medicine and having withdrawals from that. I didn't eat lunch yesterday but had a nice dinner of a piece of chicken, steamed vegetables and a little brown rice. It sure tasted good. Kind of bland but on my sickly stomach, that's what I needed.

Keep fighting the good fight!
Hi there! Okay, I am new to this IP plan, when you are on Phase 1, it's restrictive. Only their protein pkts., breakfast: protein pkt, I have mine with coffee, lunch: protein pk., 2 cups veggies, an unlimited lettuce, Dinner: 5-8 oz. fish, seafood, Beef, Poultry, pork or Veal. alot of choices of protein, just 5-8 oz. 2 cups veggies, unlimited lettuce. Snack: protein pkt. Along with alot of water, at least 64 oz. I've been reading IP recipes, from other members, an you can make a pretty good entree, just lots of veggies an a protein. I'm going to make a stir-fry with shrimp tomorrow. Yum... On this site, you can find IP info, probably explained alot better than me. but that's the "skinny" on it. I'm sorry you're "under the weather"' but I'm glad you're kicking the pills. Take care of yourself now. ShoBan
Old 06-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinthia View Post
I just started cutting out all sugar this week. I am basically doing high protein/low carb. I lost 21 lbs. last summer doing that also.This summer I am going to exercise. I am a teacher ,so summer is a great time to start.-again....I am adding exercise and weights this summer. I am hoping to lose 30 lbs and speed up my metabolism!
Here's my plan so far-
- I drink muscle milk and coffee when I get up. Then I have eggs or turkey sausage and a green pepper.
-tea, greek yoghart and blueberries for a snack
-lunch-protein such as grilled chicken or tuna and veggies
-dinner protein and veggies
snack-cheese stick,muscle milk- if I'm hungry

Please share what you are eating and any tips you have. I would love to partner with several people for support. This is hard!
The Ideal Protein pkts. have a good variety, drinks, puddings, soups, an omelet mix, protein bars, snacks. There's quite a list, right now, I'm limited to drinks, soups, puddings, along with the meat protein, for dinner. Lots of veggies, unlimited lettuce. No dairy, or fruits, no bread, no fast food lol, I lost 12 lbs. the 1st weigh in! Along with lots of water! Like I told byugal, this site has alot of info about IP. I'd check it out, it's explained lots better! Good luck, drop a line sometime! ShoBan
Old 06-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Great to read how things are going with people of a similar age! We should know how to do this by now. Calorie counting at as high a level as I can do really, to prevent binging! Steady progress about 2 pounds a month. Cycle a few times a week and half way through phase one of New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. This is my first time of lifting weights at the age of 57! Being cautious but thoroughly enjoying it. Glad this thread got started kinda shy about joining the regular monthly thread.
Milly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #24  

Welcome, Milly. I am going to take up weights too. I have done a little bit of hand weights before but didn't stick with it. I especially need it for my arms.

I have animals and I lift a lot of heavy feed sacks. Sometimes when my husband isn't home, I have to unload several hundred pounds at a time. About 3 years ago, I broke my wrist, and since then I haven't lifted as much, and my strength has really waned. I need to get some strength back and figure out if I can firm up some of this flab. If I can't, I can live with it.

I am not doing a diet. The reason is I have done so many of them. Just about every one you can think of. When I get on a diet...all I think about is food. It becomes an obsession that I don't normally feel every day, if I'm not dieting.

So I am just eating healthy. I am not going to say I will cut anything out forever, but I am definitely going to cut down on my portions. It has to be something I can live with and do without a lot of "thinking". Of course I know all too well, what not to eat...but I was eating anyway. Also a lot of mindless eating where I just snacked all the time whether I was hungry or not.

I am down to 183 this morning. Down 7lb. Drinking a lot of water...no sodas but sometimes unsweetened iced tea.

I didn't sleep well again last night...still de-toxing from those pills, but going to stick with that too. Every time I think about taking a pill, I think about my knees and when I carry a 50# sack of feed, and how heavy it is, yet, I am carrying that and more around with me all the time. No wonder they ache.

And, I am serious about getting a saddle mule or horse I can ride. I rode every day, growing up and I have always had horses. The horses I have now are old and haven't been ridden in 20 years. Two of them are in their 30's, but I think they could still "bust my butt" if I tried to ride them.

My reason for losing weight and getting healthy is to enjoy life more. I feel like I have missed out on a lot by letting myself gain weight and become inactive....and I'm not getting any younger....so I want to see how much life I can fit into my remaining years.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Well so much for keeping the calories high!! Went over board on the sweet stuff by about 600 cals. Main thing I have come to realise though is it happens, don't condemn myself and get right back on the horse, which I have done.
I used to ride buygal up until a couple of years ago, loved it but it was very time consuming for me.
Keep up the good work folks

Last edited by Milly1; 06-16-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Milly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #26  

My scale read 180 this morning!! I will wait until mid week to log it....if it lasts. I couldn't believe it because I have eaten quite a bit....but nothing bad for my diet. Had fish for dinner last night, and it was so good....I had a small second helping. We live on a bayou...hence my name...byugal (bayou gal) and my husband caught the fish and about 20 min. later, it was on the plate. It doesn't get much fresher than that.

Keep on keeping on, everyone!!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #27  

Default Wk 2 WI

I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow at WI, I will be happy with just 3 lbs. Way to go byugal! Wish we could catch fish that close to home. Next month, hopefully, we can go spear salmon, being Native American, we're allowed one time a year. Good luck this new week, 50+ ers.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #28  

Got my fingers crossed for you, ShoBan. I went ahead and changed my weight loss thingy today. I was 180 again this morning. Good luck this week, everyone.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #29  

Well, WI was -2.4 lbs. This week hopefully will be better. I still feel good about 14. lb. total. Good luck everyone!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #30  

Default congradulation!

Way to go byugal and shoban! You have done great this week. Byugal, 180 is my target weight so you are an inspiration! I haven't done bad this past week -2 lbs. down. Gonna start working out at the ymca on Fri.