Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #106  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Drive-by hola!

Bobbi - oh, this sounds serious! Pictures, please, lots of pictures....

Slept well, to make up for the disrupted sleep the night before... and this is a late day at work, so I have an extra 1/2 hour to piddle around. I do like to piddle around!

Nothing exciting planned for the weekend. Well, I'm invited to a wedding shower on Sunday, but I do feel the start of a cold coming on (cough cough) and might not be able to attend (eyes rolling). I am less and less social (or tolerant?) as the days drag on.

Hope you're all well... later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 06-08-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #107  

Height: 5'3"

Just got home from the gym and I'm tired. Only my second time in close to a month! We walked on the track and this time cut back on our treadmill time rather than doing both so much. I also did one of the machines a little less reps. I just don't seem to have much energy these days. My eating so far today has been good. I am now using My Fitness Pal to track my eating and exercise and so far I like it pretty well. The only food I have had to enter was my homemade mocha. I have started the 100 Days of Weight Loss. Thought it will complement my usual inspirational reading (Bible and Scripture prayers) well. She first asks you to make a list of at least ten reasons you want to lose weight. These are mine:
1. To feel better physically...lighter, freer
2. To control BS better
3. To look better.
4. To fit into clothes easier/better.
5. To be more confident in how I look.
6. To feel more in control, better disciplined.
7. To be more fit.
8. To be healthier and prevent further health issues.
9. To have more energy
10. To look/feel better in a bathing suit.

I just wrote them down as I thought of them so they are not necessarily prioritized and I realize there is some overlapping.

Then she asks you to write down your fears and negatitive behaviors regarding diet/weight. Here are mine. Some of these I'm doing much better on but they are the only ones I could think of.

1. Afraid of losing and regaining again.
2. Afraid of feeling hungry or deprived.
3. Afraid of having to give up favorite foods and missing them.

Negative behaviors:
1. If I know I've already gone over I think I might as well eat whatever I want the rest of the day.
2. If I'm hurt/upset/depressed, I eat to feel better.
3. I have to have dessert/chips/bread when eating out even though/because I normally don't have them at home.
4. If I have a snack in the house (sweet or salty usually), I just have to eat it until it's gone.
5. If I don't enjoy a meal I want to eat something more.

You are supposed to read these frequently and then after each one:
"I USED to be this way but now I am different!"

So it's more of a motivational book as you can see. Can't hurt.

Bobbi - Glad you found something you like. Sounds like a good location and I'd like that there is only one attached neighbor. Just read the contract/rules carefully but I'm sure you know to do that. Some people love living in town houses. My dd and her dh lived in a HUGE townhouse outside Salt Lake City for a couple years. It was bigger than our house! But no yard to take care of and all the amenities. I never once heard or saw their neighbor (they had only two attached in that community)! However my dd and her dh are both city people and don't like to do yardwork. They also have small children and the play ground and pool were just a short distance from their house, plus they could easily walk to stores.

I'm about to fall asleep here at the computer so think I'll take a brief nap before I start cleaning the house.

Mary

Last edited by maryea; 06-08-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #108  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi. Just running through. DH drove to the post office by himself today with no problems. He also just brought up a light basket of laundry from the dryer. He'll be gnawing at the bit by Monday. He has 1 more week off work and his brother's are telling him to take a third one off. Ha, he'll die of boredom if he stays home an extra week. I brought in wood today so I'm expecting sore arms tomorrow. But I'm guessing I'll sleep like a rock tonight.

See you all later.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #109  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, all! Just a fly by as somewhat in the middle of a work project (sigh).

Bobbi, congrats on finding the town home. It sounds nice.

Maryea, interesting about the 100 Days of Weight Loss. I recognized some of my own behaviors in your list. My biggest negative is one you listed about "since I'm already over, I might as well eat whatever I want."

Wootness! Feeling very happy today. It is the 205th day in my backward count to the Sunday AFTER the winter solstice. I have a verra motivating (to me) thingie going with a slew of personal goals, with the chief of them being weighing 125, related to the Mayan end-of-times thing that is, to me, just a symbolic calendar thing that if a cycle of time symbolically ended then a new cycle would symbolically begin. Don't know about anybody else but I could use a new cycle.

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #110  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Almost time for bed here. Back to work tomorrow.

Had a sort of a nice day off. Got to spend a little time with Maddie. I told her she was my sunshine and sang her that little song ~ it made her face just light up.

Had dental work done. Removal of a crown (cavity starting underneath), temporary crown placed. Was unable to feel it until afterward (because I was numbed up) that there is a rough spot and the inside edge feels rough against my tongue. I would have called and tried to go back, but didn't have anyway to get there. Hopefully I can tolerate until Tuesday when I have the day off.

I didn't eat very well after the dental work. I was trying to eat soft stuff ~ but didn't make such good choices. Made some instant mashed potatoes ~ I think they had too much sodium in them ~ I could sort of taste a too salty of a taste, but ate them anyway. Wish I hadn't, but what is done is done.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care
Old 06-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #111  

Happy Weekend everyone spent the day running erands. poof day dh therapy is going well. hes not complaining as much and planing a trip to the cabin soon. my grson gets here tomorrow. we are planning on going to the dirt track car races sat nite. my dd works for them and i have a nephew who races. glynne grandkids can sure brighten our world. sry u are frustrated over your food choices,i think you are doing fine hoping you all have a fun weekend rosey
Old 06-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen3 - So, while you were recouperating from heart surgery I was recouperating from colostomy surgery and we didn't even know it! When they did my heart surgery they said my valve wasn't bad enough to need replaced but I think it has gotten worse since then. Did you get a mechanical valve or a bovine valve? Or did we have this conversation already?

Maryea - DH has guns. I don't even know where they are. Oh, I guess if I looked for them I could find them. The house isn't that big. I do know that the ammo is kept in a separate location from the guns, so he wouldn't be able to pick one up to ward off a prowler. His are mostly for sport. He has a carry permit but he wouldn't carry one.

Bobbi - The townhouse sounds great! Having an end unit is really a plus! I can understand DH not wanting to go too small and I can understand your wondering what you will do with your time. Good luck!

Cajun - I too had a staph infection in my wound which slowed the healing. It was scary. I was just glad it wasn't MRSA.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I am off to take JoAnn to the movies. Hopefully, she will be able to get some enjoyment out of it. I know that her daughter will appreciate the couple of hours to relax.

Lynn
Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #114  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Week-end everyone.
We're having 12 people over tomorrow for a traditional Czechoslovakian dinner, Knedliky and Zeli. DH is Bohemian and wanted this for his birthday party. Knedlicky are dumplings and Zeli is sweet sour cabbage with caraway. I add 1/2 a prune to the center of each dumpling. I purchased a 10 pound pork loin yesterday, hope that's enough. The whole dinner put together is delicious and all fattening. Pork loin, mashed potatoes, gravy,dumplings with the sweet cabbage over the top. We had to turn the air conditioner on today, gonna be in the 90's and I'd toast out in the kitchen today. I better get my zeli on the stove, will make the dumplings right now too. Then tomorrow I'll have much less to do.
Have a good one.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #115  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Just a quick hello as I got behind and I'm going to post by memory. Very scary concept.

Bobbi, I so WANT to come over for dinner. As you know, you're making one of my favorite meals from when I was growing up. I'm starting to salivate for your dinner and just might go to town and pick of the ingredients and make it. You are just a on my shoulder for reminding me of one of my favorite meals growing up. You bring out the Czech in me.

Lynn, you are an I hope your friend does find some enjoyment in the movie and that you have a good time. Truly, I admire you so much.

Carol Sue, my DH has guns and I have no idea where they or the ammo is. I never, ever want to see or touch a gun. I despise them but I know he likes them. I do help with his procurement of more. I did, however, kill his desire to hunt. My "poor, defenseless Bambi" comments or "Bambi should have a stand and automatic rifle and make the "sport" fair" have done the poor guy in. Also, I refuse to eat Bambi and he can't consume one on his own. And I wouldn't cook it.

Donna, I hope you feel better just in time for the shower. I can tell you want to attend.

Isabella, I :rolf: laughing at the water on the floor comment. I read it to DH and he thinks your a quite the jokester.

DH likes the idea of Bobbi's dinner so I'm going to go into town and get the stuff for canning marinara (tonight will be Italian) and the pork loin and sauer kraut (for DH as I do hate that stuff) for tomorrow's Czeck dinner. Tomorrow we're going biking. The plan had been to go today but the ice on the vehicles and outdoor furniture made us clean our house instead. I have a really clean house and so the rest of the day will be for playing and canning.
Marie
Old 06-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #116  

Height: 5'3"

Can't believe it is Sat again already! I feel like I spent most of my week working on computer and phone issues. Yesterday my new keyboard stopped working..seemed to be the wi-fi connection and I finally got it working again. I also had to back up and restore my iphone as I've had problems with it too and then ended up still having to download/install some of my apps. I left a few off that I don't use as I know now I can always reinstall them if I want them. Still need to synch to get my music as I didn't get it for some reason. It's been one thing after another like this this week so my house has suffered with me only doing the very basic housework.

I need a haircut but may wait til Mon and try and catch up with things around here. The Rose Fest is going on in Portland but we aren't going...the weather is not pleasant enough for us to go and stand for hours to watch the parade plus we don't like the crowds/traffic.

Bobbi - Sounds like a nice dinner for your dh and guests. Wow, can't believe it's so warm there when it's so cool here still.

Slmn11 and Marie - Glad I'm not the only one who is squeemish about guns. In a way I feel I should know where the gun is to be sure it is not where the gk could find it, but I don't really want to know and hopefully dh will be careful. I reminded him about the children but he isn't the best hider...he always thinks no one will find things he hides which is usually so untrue! The way I look at guns: if they aren't loaded, what good are they if needed? And if they are loaded, they are dangerous. A bad guy could take it away and use it on you. My dh is not really weak but a young bad guy could probably do that. I just cannot imagine my dh or I going out shooting into the air as I think it was Cajun said anyway. I just prefer not to have guns around. But that's just me, I've known widows living alone who always kept a loaded gun handy and felt better for it. BTW, do you have to have a permit for a gun if you just keep it in your house and use only for emergencies?

Well, need to get on to other things...hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #117  
Empress/Queen

Just a fly by to wish everyone a great rest o' the weekend! Woot!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #118  

Hi everyone. its a rainy day here. hope it clears befor the races tonite. bobbie your dinner sounds delcious can i come too! about guns. i have been around them all my life 1st with my dad and uncles and then my dh and his friends and family. ive taken the safety classes and can use them as well as my dh. i'm always sad when dh gets a critter as i love watching them in the wild but greatful for the meat. we subsistent hunt. and use what we take. its a way of life for us not only moose and deer but, fish also. i have agreat respect for guns, we have several,i can understand your aprehension about them tho,its not the weapons them selves that are bad but the folks who use them in a bad way.i can also understand others point of views too,as theres always 2 sides to things.hope you dont think less of me for our life style.carol sue and karen3 i have had mrsa,and thankfully i recovered, it took close to a yr and i was really sick. glad you didnt get it, its a nasty bug hope your weekends fun rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 06-09-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey....still eating down the freezer...admit that I get carried away when spotting a bargain and then over plan so many meals forgetting about leftovers. Down to countable amount. Bet i can defrost and repack next week. Cooking a ton of spare ribs with ff/sf bqq sauce. House smells good enough to lick the walls. oh and baked beans with sf maple syrup. Almost as good as real thing with dried onions stirred in.

Carol Sue I have bovine valve. Didn't want to stay on blood thinners etc for rest of my life. Heart of Bull and snort snort shark at the bridge table....ha! Good for 15 years than be too old or they can replace this one.

I am not anti-gun and love to skeet shot but have to admit that heard something last week that has me humming. Do you old timers remember few years ago I called a nasty loud mouth bridge player a Troll! She was roaring mad and worried it and me to death. Anyway she is no better and still a Troll who just got a carry permit to carry a consealed weapon!!!!!!!

Time to toss and redress the ribs...evening planned with watching last season of Doc Martin. Read that they will do one more in 2013 and will have wait another year after that to see it.

want to take a ride to Mount Dora tomorrow and check out Floridas "ski slope"! k3
Old 06-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #120  

Height: 5'1"

Add me to the list of people that that believe guns are OK. Everyone in my family hunts, except me of course. I could never kill an animal. I target shoot and skeet shoot. Everyone I knew growing up had a gun, but we were taught to respect them. I just asked my mom if she had every know of anyone in out town to get shot accidenteally, or killed with one. Never. And my family always eats what they kill. Actually, it's usually much more humane than than the meat you get at the market.

Karen, some of the laws being proposed by the NRA have me very upset. Allowing people to take a concealed gun to a bar? Just what you need, a drunk with a gun. And allowing college kids to carry concealed weapons. The college kids I know are really not mature enough. WHAT are they thinking?

Last edited by the slim me; 06-09-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Closed Thread