Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #76  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Sorry, Rosey, I was being facetious... didn't work. I was referencing the book you're reading!

http://www.beliefnet.com/Health/Heal..._term=juno.com
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #77  

Boy i feel like a dumb dumb jess that zoomed right over my head and thinking about it it is funny,but sry no contract,im not into pain and spanking. however its fun to have the upper hand now and again lol TMI and thats my story and im sticking to it. ttfn rosey
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #78  

Hi All,
This is taxigirl. I signed up and then haven't been able to get in here and catch up. I'll give it a try. Don't give up on me.
I've been trying to do the every five hrs. eating thing, but since I don't get home from work until about 7PM, it's been kind of hard. I'm usually up late, which I am trying to change. I find I do a lot of snacking on "bad" things when I'm watching TV and whatever, after 10PM. If I were in bed, I'd probably knock off quite a few calories.
Marie: I live just east of Portland. We have had nothing but rain for the month. A few decent days here and there. Today is iffy. Right now, blue skies and a few clouds, but the forcast calls for cloudy weather the rest of the week. Hope it's a good day for the Rose Festival parade. I hate to see those kids marching in the rain.
Cajun: The six lbs. is terrific!! Such a motivater.
Karen: I have a front window that "looked" out on some arbovida (sp?) trees. We took them out last spring because they were diseased and a couple taken over by large black ants. Now our view is the not so pretty neighbors. I've been thinking about privacy fencing or some kind of fast growing bushes. It gets spendy.
Bobby: I'm old school on the church singing. I love the old hymns and we do the contemporary ones, too. I don't know a lot of them, although I hear them on the radio. To quiet us "old folk" we sing out of the hymnals on the last Sun. of a 5 Sunday month. Whoopie!!
Freda: Glad to hear I'm this region isn't the only one experiencing colder than usual weather. I do like your Junuary.
Gotta get back to work - lunch is over. Had a chicken rice bowl. Been doing pretty good. I really need to get on the exercise kick though. My knees are so bad I need to start slow, but I DO need to get started.
Later---Taxigirl
Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #79  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I'm sick of work so I'm going to play here for a bit. That will make me feel a tad better.

Freda, I have so many tomato plants I grew from seed that I wish I could give you one. I can't plant them since its too cold. They're still inside and growing way too tall.

Cajun, please, pretty please send me some of your heat. I'd even take humidity in our desert at this point.

Lynn, glad the kidney test came back normal but it would be nice if you hadn't been worried for no reason. I didn't know you're doing another 5K. Is it one you're needing sponsors???

KarenMO - YIKES!!!! on the $5000 fence. Nope. No way.

Donna, I think I'd like the nursing home temps. But Lynn has such a valid point of why the elders are crabby. I think we should choose to be young!

Rosey, I'd say with your rolling pin, you always have the upper hand. And the rest of it, I don't want to imagine.

Taxi, I wish I could go to the rose parade. It's an awesome festivity. BTW, look at Walk Away the Pounds from Leslie Sansone to get started exercising. I found it was the way to ease me into the routine and now I wouldn't stop exercising for anything.

I'm gonna go home. I can't handle my office any longer. My butt is sore from sitting all day and my pups want to go for a hike. So I'll try to be back tomorrow.
Marie
Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #80  

Thanks Marie, I'll look into that book. I don't have doggies to walk, but Buddie the Cat likes to walk with me to the mailbox, lying on his back every few steps so he can get a rub. Haha - he's a sweetie.
Hoping for some motivation soon. If my pants would just loosen up even that would help. I've lost the bloated feeling, I guess that's something anyway. I did put the pants on right out of the dryer though. Yeah, the was the problem. Heehee..

20 more minutes at work for me, then I'm runnin' for the door!! Uh-oh, looks like the clouds have overtaken the blue

Later,
Taxigirl
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #81  

S/C/G: SW 210/ CW 190/GW 140

Default Hello Everyone

I would like to introduce myself.....I was lucky to find you all and I'm so excited to be on here.
I'm 55 and have 70 lbs to loose. I have been doing the IP Program now for 5 weeks and I have lost 18 lbs.
You know when you get in your fifties I have a tendancy to think that my weight loss days are over. But I guess I'm wrong....it just might take me a little longer.
Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all soon over the coming months.
My name is Sharon G and I live in Alberta Canada
Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #82  
Empress/Queen

Smile

Huzzah, Mrs. Pookie, I am fairly new to this group also! I post mostly on the 2012 Challenge in this 50+ section.

I have a friend who does IP and has lost a major amount of weight. Congrats on 18 pounds in 5 weeks. That is a great result. you will surely reach your goal easily at that rate.

The 50s and beyond are not the end of the weight loss days lol. Sometimes it is a little harder and/or slower, but as ye are proving, we can do 'er.

Lady In Weighting: Glad your test showed no kidney problem! It can be annoying, but good, of course, when they say things need to be tested for problems and then there is no problem. Re the 5K, have done in the past, looking for an uncrowded one to register for soon, but might walk it. I actually love to walk, just want to run, too.

Taxigirl: Hope ye did not get rained upon.

Karen31: Lol, love that business name: "Hot Tub Mafia."

To all, mentioned or un- .... have a great night and day tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #83  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Sharon, welcome to the group. Your doing absolutely amazing. Great weight loss.

Am2, I think where you live you might want to run a 5K in the autumn months. I imagine you'd fry on the sidewalk if you ran in the summer.

Taxi, whatever weather pattern the pacific northwest is in, I hope it leaves soon. We're having blue then cloudy all day too.
Marie
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

I am in my motel room after a pretty long day of work over here in Eastern Montana. One positive was that I was able to meet up with an old friend and we had a great time on Monday night. It was wonderful. I hope to finish up here and head for home tomorrow night or friday morning.

I am so behind that I can't possibly catch up here but I will do a few personals.

Donna, I so enjoyed talking to you tonight. I was tired and lonesome and there you were.....

Marie, you and I are sharing the same problem of too much work. Thank goodness the weekend is soon.... I loved the picture!

Rosey, Tee Hee, you are so funny. Now I am going to have to read that book!

Bobbi, I think that the frugal lifestyle becomes more fun as you get used to it. Maybe....

Gayle, rent the movie.

Karen, when my son, the singer, was in school in Texas, he was a paid performer at a huge and rich baptist church. They had a huge organ that the pipes were the whole wall on one end. The organ was incredible. One year, I got to see him sing the lead in the Messiah at Easter time. It was incredible to watch and hear him with that amazing instrument.

Lynn, I am so sorry that you are having all that trouble in the condo board. I hope it resolves itself soon. I am glad that your test results came out ok.

Isabella, nice to hear from you and I am glad that the patient is doing well.

Hi Sharon, welcome!

Freda, those little ones are so cute. I hope that we are both eating chocolate and working in our gardens when we are in our mid 90's. My Grandma was like that. When she was 96, I was horrified to find her at her house with a big bruise on her cheek. She admitted that the shovel had slipped as she had been attempting do dig a rose bush up by herself. Crazy but admirable.

Cajun, nice weight loss. Congrats!

Sorry for missing folks. I am just tired.

Rie
Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #85  
Empress/Queen

Lol, Marie, we fry on the sidewalk in autumn, too! And spring. Pat's Run is in April here. It is only 4.2 miles but was really challenging for me the year I did it because of the heat and something like 25,000 people. They do have some summer 5Ks, though, with less people.

Rie, love the info that thy grandmother was digging a rose bush at 96. I have a friend who is in her mid 80s and everyone thinks is very fragile but she gardens and does yard work like a Trojan. She is an inspiration of mine.

Have a good day, all!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #86  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Sharon...jump right in. I can't talk today, DH spotted a town home? yesterday in a retirement zone. We looked at it yesterday, it's beautiful, and we can have a DOG. We're going back today to take another look, might be putting our acreage up for sale.

Later gators!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #87  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

That is exciting Bobbi
Old 06-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #88  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Oooh, Bobbi, send pictures and DETAILS.... how exciting! CK - don't get any bright ideas!

Marie and Rie - you're both working way too hard!! Here's a hearty "oh, poor baby!" for each of you!

Lousy sleeping.... the tornado alarms were going off around 1 a.m., heavy, heavy rains and maybe hail... enough to wake the dead. It was so muggy, too, that my sheets were soaked this morning. Have I mentioned lately that I HATE SUMMER???????????

Think I'll get some breakfast and then read a little before getting ready for work. Hope you all have a lovely day! Newbies - welcome!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Bobbi, I'm very interested in your retirement condo shopping and would love to hear details, too. Beware of crabby neighbors!

Jess1 - you can send some of that rain to Ohio - we need it already!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone

Karen- my mil and sister both have vinyl fencing. Only thing they do is pressure wash in yearly. They have been having it for 15 years or more.

Lady-I think the big loss was due to coming off of a plateau. I'm averaging about 9 to 9.5 lbs a month.

Good morning every one. Watch out for that lil devil on our shoulders. Lol.
Closed Thread