Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #61  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

'Allooooooooo!!!!! Wowza! Such a busy place, here! So easy to get behind! I needed a mega-break by the time the week was over, and dh and I decided to forego the usual Saturday grocery shopping and errand-running. Instead, drove down to Newport, RI (my old stomping ground, so to speak) and have a look at the ocean in winter. Ferocious, it was, and powerfully beautiful. I haven't been to the ocean in winter for many years. Summer, yes, always, but not winter. This was a good thing to do. Also found a few boutique-y shops open despite the off-season, and bought a few nice pieces of costume jewelry (big, chunky, clunky things that I love so much) that will be fun to wear this summer. Had an overly- sumptuous and overly-pricey ($112. w/o tip) supper at Benjamin's http://www.benjaminsnewport.com/benjamins%20menu.htm and enjoyed every minute of it although it proved a bit too rich for my delicate tummy. We went all out - appetizer, chowder - I had baked scallops for my entree with mashed redskin potatoes and fresh rosemary asparagus - and then split a piece of dark chocolate cheesecake. Now, some of you know that I've been doing just one meal a day lately - and kept that healthy and relatively low calorie. I didn't eat all of anything at the restaurant, and purposely left food on my plate so I'd have room enough left for those few forkfuls of cheesecake for dessert, but even so, I'm afraid to even think about the calories consumed. I'm back to my one (healthy) meal today, though. My kids are all coming over, and we're having baked haddock with dill and diced tomatoes on top with jalapeno peppers - a big tossed salad, baked potato, brocolli, fire roasted corn, and dessert for those who want it. (Won't be me). We did our grocery shopping this morning.
I may weigh myself tonight - or wait until next week. Probably wait.

PT/Donna & Carol Sue - I always cook enough of whatever I'm making to freeze the leftovers for another meal or two. Funny how people differ, though....you were saying that your dh was afraid of getting sick from eating leftovers, and in our house, I'm the one who doesn't like anything left without freezing it. Dh would eat stuff out of the fridge for DAYS, and used to, before we got married. Oh, and PT....I went to that link that you posted for Lynn and started reading. It's SO interesting! Couldn't finish in one sitting, so I have it bookmarked to go back to.

Rie, I'm so glad that you've enjoyed your visit with the kiddos. I'm anxiously awaiting pictures.

Here I am, Freda. Keeping busy, as usual. Trying to stay out of trouble. I always love to see your posts, though. Feels like we're just sitting, chatting.

Gayle, you DO look like your mom! Just younger and smaller. I'm glad you're walking again - you always seem to feel better when you're doing that.

Lynn, your daughter looks just like you, too! I didn't realize she was going to Alaska to run! Is there someplace there that's not inundated with snow?

Isabella - Hah! What a good idea! As soon as I retire, I think I'll send my boss a picture of me sitting on the beach, and say "Good luck with that next project!".

K3, hmmmmm....that "lover from a former life" bit sounds like the premise for a book, to me. Maybe your son could write it for us? Maybe he could work the triplet goats into the plot as well?

Still remodeling, Bobbi? Come up for air and have a chat soon! Pretty chair, incidentally. I have one very much like it, covered in a beige-y tapestry cloth. I love it.

Wish I could answer about a cold and surgery postponement, Marie....but you know I'm not one of the medical crowd. I'll just send warm thoughts and hope it helps you get rid of the sore throat before anything too nasty develops.

Rosey, Mary, CaddyK.....and everybody else.

Have a good one, folks!

Z
Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

I can't stop myself, I will be sorry but I just have to say this....ohh she's gonna hurt me.....BUT SamCat Got Better cause he was afraid Donna was gonna freeze him!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #63  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Hi Girls,
for the ones who dont know you can call me Brenda~
Cold today.Hope this week warms up some. Sunshine looks good if even for awhile.

I am happy to hear Samcat is doing better.Bless his heart. My Sylvee is curled up next to me staying warm today.

Have to get back to my swimming this week. Im ready.

Have a great day and week ahead
Old 03-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Uh Oh Karen----I'll bet you are glad you're in Florida and Donna is in Denver!! LOL!!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #65  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Funny you should SAY that, KarenFL.....! There's plenty of room in this new freezer!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 275/230/185

Height: 5 feet, 11 inches

I'd like to say hello to everyone and introduce myself - my name is Jess, I'm 50 and live in San Diego. I joined 3FC just this morning and have posted in a few of the other threads and am still figuring out my way around...

I'm a breast cancer survivor and have lost 45 lbs since July 2011 with 40 more pounds to go to reach goal. I found the lump in my breast while still in the early stage and my surgeon was able to remove it all. I've been spared chemo and radiation, but must take Tamoxifen for the next five years. I had a mastectomy in July, a trans-flap procedure after complications three weeks later in August, and a breast reconstruction with a reduction of my healthy breast this past December. I have some more breast reconstruction surgery in July. I'm rather sick of surgeries, but I'm finding out I'm a pretty tough old gal.

I'm doing rather well now health-wise, with all things considered. My weight loss so far has had a profound effect on my overall sense of well being and I'm motivated to keep going to goal and to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life. I have plans for the future that involve travel and adventure, and I'm finding that I'm loving 50, in spite of the breast cancer experience. But these last stubborn pounds simply HAVE to go!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome JessD!! WOW! You have sure been through some things and Congrats on all of it!! Just awesome!! I think you will find lots of support here and i know we will all benefit from the support and encouragement that you can give us. So pull up a chair and jump in!!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #68  

Hi everyone. it was a beautiful day here,sunny and melty ive been fighting a bladder infection and so i felt like dodo today inspite of the sun but fell asleep with gizmo for company and feel some better now. my gr son Tim didnt win his game last night but being 2nd in regionals means they are going to state. he was also chosen by the other coaches for the all star team. quite an honor and this gramma is bursting with pride. welcome jess.you are a survivor,i admire that.jump in. donna im so happy for you that samcat is doing better.Marie i know your surg is tuesday,so hoping everything goes smoothly for you. please let us know when u can that you are ok as we are a bunch of worryworts about 3fc's GG's.maybe your dh could post a message,i had my dd's do that for me when i had my surg. anyways thinking good thoughts and prayers for you.nothing new to report or share (((hugs))) for all rosey

breakfast
coffee
1/2 chix breast
1/2 c chunky applesauce

lunch
tomatoe soup

snack
coffee mocha
1 c kashi granola cereal

dinner
bean soup made with chix
1/2 grilled cheese sand.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #69  
Donna

Rosey - I'm planning to call Marie's husband on Tuesday night to check on her, like I did when you had your surgery. I know she'll be just fine! I KNOW, I know.... As they say, it's how I rock!

Last edited by jess1; 03-04-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #70  

Donna so glad that you are doing this as i and others would worry about her.your awsome rosey
Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Honey's! I'm Home!

Just a couple quick notes because I am really tired. But, I had to check in here and of course I have to comment!

Karenfl, You are a comedic devil/genius! I got this funny vision of Donna chasing you around the crone circle and collapsed in guffaws on my couch. I almost dropped my laptop.

Marie, vitamine C and chamomile tea before the prep. Unless you have a fever, you should be fine for surgery. How was the movie? We saw it on saturday. Gabe sat through the whole thing....

Welcome JessD.

Congrats Gma Rosey. All stars is an honor.

Gotta go.... very tired.

Rie
Old 03-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #72  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

okay. Today is the 5th of March already.
jessd, welcome to this forum.
I love coming here to learn about my comrades, to share our triumphs, to help eachother over set backs.
I spent the weekend stable and I did not lose control. But I will stay off the scale until Wednesday to avoid making the scale my focal point.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Marie - Be careful about wanting to come home from the hospital too soon! I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I know this is going to make you feel much better in the end.

I'm wondering about future sleep overs with DGS. We have his toddler bed from home since they got him a regular size single bed at home. He balks at sleeping in the toddler bed and that's why we let him fall asleep on the couch then carry him into the bed. I don't know if I want to invest in another bed for him if he's not really going to be here that often. I do like to give his parents a night out once in a while.

I don't like to entertain either. It's more that I'm uncomfortable that things will go wrong. However, on Christmas, I didn't invite anyone over because I was still recouperating from my surgery. They came anyway!! They have become so accustomed to coming to our house for holidays. The one BIL and SIL were not going to come because they knew I had had surgery, but when they heard that everyone else was here they came too. I really wasn't prepared. My house wasn't decorated or even clean, not the way it would be if I had planned the holiday, I was dressed very casual and I didn't have much of a variety of food. But it turned out that they just wanted the family to be together for the holiday......the wine and beer helped, too! LOL We all had a great time and I was glad they came!

Welcome to the board, Jessd! Glad to hear your cancer treatment has been successful.

For the readers on the board - I am reading a book that is the best book I've read in a very long time. It is a mystery with many interesting twists and turns. I can't put it down. It is "Never Look Away" by Linwood Barclay. Highly recommended for those who like a good mystery. Maryea, isn't that the writer you recommended?

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-05-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 275/230/185

Height: 5 feet, 11 inches

Good morning ladies, and thank you for the welcome. I've been reading through all the GG posts and hopefully it won't be long before I know who all of you are, LOL.

Monday...blech. Something about Monday just always rankles me. I work a 4/10 schedule with the County of San Diego and currently have Wednesdays off. Having that weekday to run errands and whatnot is truly appreciated, but I'm still adjusting to the 10 hour days with only half an hour for lunch. I walk during my morning,afternoon and lunch breaks, usually scarfing down my lunch right before or immediately afterwards. I try to keep the meal nutritious and simple so it's easy to consume - lettuce wraps, fruit, cheese sticks, easy to pack finger foods. We're having a potluck in our department tomorrow, and I'm going to bring a big fruit platter and stick to that and any other salad or veggie dishes someone else may decide to bring. The work potlucks are usually full of donuts, coffee cake, bagels and other wonderfully dangerous stuff that has "diet sabotage" written all over it. I've learned that in these situations, it's best not to even take a little taste of the trigger foods, because something happens to me when I eat these kinds of starchy carbs and I end up going overboard and loathing myself afterwards. I've tried to get others interested in a healthier entree kind of potluck, but they still bring the high fat.sugar/carb food...sigh. So, I have to remain vigilant and strong and remember how strongly I want to reach my weight goal.

Hope everyone stays safe and has a good day - there's some crazy weather out there lately.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #75  
Donna

Welcome, JessD... by the way, your picture is beautiful!

Nothing to report. I apologize if I'm being intrusive, but it's my border collie personality, and I do worry about all the chickies!

Have to lather the lard and get ready for work! I feel like I'd like to call in sick today, but not because I'm sick. I'm. Old. And. Tired!

Have a good one, all............
Closed Thread