Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #316  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, All…

Rosey – how long is the trip from Oregon to Wasilla? And how far are you from Wasilla? I can imagine you’re on pins and needles! How’s Mr. CrankyPants? I hope he’s feeling much better; I’m sure he’s looking forward to seeing LL and the others, too!

I just finished a LOVELY book, highly recommended: Peace Like A River by Leif Enger. Bobbi – he’s a born-and-raised MN boy… what a good book! I also finished Nevada Barr’s 13 ˝… most different! I liked it, too, and it’s a far cry from her other books. She's written a ton of books, mysteries, set in the National Parks… very good!

CK called me earlier. They got the last load from the old house and are totally in the new house… and now the work begins. She sounds good and is looking forward to enjoying the bottle of champagne that she and Tim have been saving. Hi to all of you from her...

Lynn – did your DD and her DH enjoy that fabulous St. Patty’s dinner? It sounded really good. It sounds like they had a great time in Alaska! I’m so looking forward to going to visit Rosey (don’t panic, Rosey… someday I’ll visit!).

My mantra is “no cakes, candy, cookies, or white carbs”… and if I follow that, I don’t have a problem maintaining myself. However…. and alas!

Hey, Rie – sounds like your knee is better?

GM is the same, and thank you for asking. I do think I’m going to take her to a different doc, though; I’m not at all impressed with nor do I have confidence in the docs at the Senior Clinic. There’s so much turnover, and I just don’t feel like they’re very good at what they do. I have a lead on a family practice that comes highly recommended for the old folks, and they said they’d take her. After we do the follow up with the vascular surgeon on Wednesday, I’ll make an appointment for her. I’m very concerned about the 10# in water weight she’s gained this MONTH and the fact that her legs have solid edema, not the pitting kind. This is new…

Marie – do you regularly take meds for your bi-polar? You seem very aware, which is unusual with bi-polar folks, I think… What kinds of things are you buying? I hope Kody was properly repentant!

MrsLosingIt – I BINGE. And WELCOME!

Freda – hi! I work 4 days a week, am off Wednesday. It’s lovely! And, yes, I do the exercises every day; if I miss, I suffer. And it’s not a little whack-on-the-side-of-the-head suffer; it HURTS!

Ladysheets (Brenda?) – good thoughts!

Just stopped in here to recommend those books, but I’m glad I got some personals done, too! Hope you’re all having a good weekend! Windy here… Later.......

Last edited by jess1; 03-18-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #317  

Hi everyone. its a beautiful day here.i just woke up from a nap. i was pooped after babysitting.i love kids and they where really well behaved(we even took them to the funeral with us) but i find i dont have the patience i used too. also we picked up our new fur baby yesterday. she is so stinkin cute and tiny. of course shes all ready spoiled and spent the night curled up on my shoulder. I got up several times with her and she did her business on the potty pad and had a snack and back to sleep after a little play time. gizmo loves her and after checking out all her parts decided to sleep next to her. jess i expect it will take a week or more for them to get home. they bought a used older motor home and are towing her car. they call it the chevy chase mobile( from chevy chases xmas vacation movie) actually it looks good,now pray that they dont have any breakdown. as always they are on a shoe string budget. sounds like when we moved to alaska many yrs ago. we drove an old car with no reverse.2 kids and a cat,and all we owned in the trunk. we made it and pulled into his brothers her in Kenai with 7 $ to our name. Lynn glad your dd and sil had such a good time in alaska.i dont want to live anywhere else.well i hear a high pitched howling so Toots must be awake ttfn and enjoy your sunday rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
1 egg
slice ham
1/2 slice gluten free toast with sf jam

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
baked chix
1/2 sweet potatoe
small salad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HaileyandParker2010 065.jpg (24.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 03-18-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Akrosey49,
I feel you are eating too less especially your breakfast and lunch.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #319  

Hi Puneri and welcome. the reason i eat so little is i had bariatric surgury and my stomach only holds small amounts. i take lots of suplements and vitamins and have dr care and supervision. its sweet of you to worry about me, however ive never felt better. its not a solution but a tool that has saved my life. i still have cravings and avoid carbs if i can,still have to work at it every day,i havent got the exercise part down yet tho. i hate to exercise and am limited becuz of my mobility. my legs are paralyzed from the knees down and altho im much better my balance is still iffy. however i just keep jugging along. look forward to getting to know you rosey
Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #320  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - what name did you decide for the new furbaby? She's SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

SS/Zoe - do you realize that you'd have a mere six weeks left, if you'd decided to retire the end of April? The ten weeks will go quickly, too... (10???????????)....
Old 03-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone. its a beautiful day here.i just woke up from a nap. i was pooped after babysitting.i love kids and they where really well behaved(we even took them to the funeral with us) but i find i dont have the patience i used too. also we picked up our new fur baby yesterday. she is so stinkin cute and tiny. of course shes all ready spoiled and spent the night curled up on my shoulder. I got up several times with her and she did her business on the potty pad and had a snack and back to sleep after a little play time. gizmo loves her and after checking out all her parts decided to sleep next to her. jess i expect it will take a week or more for them to get home. they bought a used older motor home and are towing her car. they call it the chevy chase mobile( from chevy chases xmas vacation movie) actually it looks good,now pray that they dont have any breakdown. as always they are on a shoe string budget. sounds like when we moved to alaska many yrs ago. we drove an old car with no reverse.2 kids and a cat,and all we owned in the trunk. we made it and pulled into his brothers her in Kenai with 7 $ to our name. Lynn glad your dd and sil had such a good time in alaska.i dont want to live anywhere else.well i hear a high pitched howling so Toots must be awake ttfn and enjoy your sunday rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
1 egg
slice ham
1/2 slice gluten free toast with sf jam

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
baked chix
1/2 sweet potatoe
small salad
Hi Rosey,

The puppy is adorable and so are you. You are looking FANTASTIC!

Lynn
Old 03-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #322  

Hi my grdd named her Tootsie as in tootsie roll lol i call her Toots. she is so loving and cute and her little tail is always wagging like gizmos. it must be a a trate of the breed. and thanks for the kudos. rosey
Old 03-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Just a quickie....Rosey she is tiny and you look wonderful. Your face is changing so much. Looking younger!

Mrs....Hi my name is karen3 and I binge at 71. Never saw a potaoto chip that didn't sing to me.

Rie...I smiled all day about DGS wanting salad, too.

Donna...on my way to check out the books. I have read all of Nevada Barrs books soon after they come out. thanks.

Lynn...Funny how it is always down to the shore when you live in NJ/Pa.

Quiet and boring weekend....have got to get something planned as a goal to look foreward to.....hugs k3
Old 03-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #324  

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some support. I need to lose at least 20 pounds. Six months ago I was asked by my doctor to lose weight, excercise, watch my sugar intake, eat mor sensibly. Unfortunately I have done none of these things and now it is time for another blood test on the 20th and check up on the 27th. I feel like I have really let myself down. I am bumming.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All!

Just a few quick notes because I probably won't make it here tomorrow morning. I only got a little walk in today. Things just kept happening and then the day was gone....

Donna, the edema with GM is certainly concerning. It would be a great thing if you could get her into a nice family practice with geriatric expertise. Thanks for asking about my (never ending) knee problems... It isn't much better but it is slowly healing. I am just impatient. I am starting to fear that I will need to face the knee replacement surgery sonner than I want to

Karen, the best thing about dgs Shawn and his love of salad is that it seems to simply be his taste. He also LOVES cucumbers. Like you, I thought it was funny that he brought his own fork!

Hi Bluet! this is a great group. Grab a cuppa and join in...

Lynn, glad that you enjoyed the family time. I don't like corned beef, either. I will get going on the walk as soon as I am able.

Rosey, that new baby is precious. And, I join everyone in the opinion that you look wonderful.

Freda, I join Marie in recommending Zappos. It is a great site. I like knowing what size I wear in each brand and then they have such a selection. It is great! Size 5? that is tiny!

Puneri, 80 cals of fudge is a delightful, controlled snack.

Brenda, good thoughts sent your way.

CK, so glad that Donna heard from you. The idea of the champagne is wonderful!

Hi Mrs.... I don't really consider myself a binger. I just have a lifetime of poor eating behind (hopefully) behind me. I like to eat like a farmhand - unfortunately I am not on the farm anymore and don't burn that many calories.... Welcome to the group!

Zoe, hoping that little Micah is up and around and that your grandmother's heart is ok. I find it harder to watch them hurt, don't you?

Bobbi, how was your Sunday?

Marie, LOL on the dancing and YAY on the reading! I will look for it. Keep healing.

Well, I am off to get a couple things done. Sorry for missing folks. Tomorrow is a long day, including pool league. BTW, my team is in first place and it all comes down to tomorrow night. Wish me luck...

Rie
Old 03-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #326  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

It has been several days since I have been able to post. I’ve been here and keeping up with you all, but after reading, run out of time for posting. Wow ~ I just looked ~ last time I posted was on the 8th. Time goes by so fast.

Freda ~ I’ve been ok ~ thank you for asking.

We had company last weekend, and before that were trying to clean a little and de-clutter and make it nice for guests. Not that the place was horrible, but we get busy and things get let go. We joke that it is good that company comes every once in a while as the place gets a needed spiffing up.

Last weekend, my FIL and his wife, and my youngest daughter, her husband and little girl came for the weekend. Originally middle DD Sara and her family were going to drive to NC over Corbin’s spring break and visit youngest DD Jen and her family. But the closer it got, the less enthused Sara was about spending 4 days of her vacation in a car traveling. She (she is a master at convincing people to do things) convinced Jen to come down here ~ pointed out that Grandpa was gonna be here and has had some health problems recently and at 85 you never know what will happen, and that it might be the only chance he gets to see her little girl ~ one of his great grand children.

So, we had a wonderful weekend ~ kind of a mini family reunion. Friday Jen’s family arrived. We gathered at Sara’s house. Ordered pizzas Friday night. First time all three of my kids had been together at the same place since Jen’s wedding in 08. Saturday, FIL and his wife arrived in the afternoon, and we eventually all congregated at Sara’s again. Went all together out to eat at a favorite local Mexican restaurant. Sunday, we met and went to the Aquarium down town. We had to find something to do that could be done inside as it rained the whole weekend. That was the only bad part about the weekend. It would have been fun to make a picnic and go to the park, or take the kids to the playgrounds, but the weather just didn’t cooperate. Ate lunch at the Hard Rock Café ~ Houston. Thought of Marie while there ~ her Bruce was playing up on one of those big screen TV’s.

Really enjoyed getting to see everyone.

Corbin wrote this about it on FB (I can’t help but gushing about what an awesome kid he is ~ sorry) ~ overall a great weekend. Lots of family came down and it was like a family reunion and was a blast. It’s sad seeing them all leave now but it was a weekend I won’t forget and I got to know some relatives more and meet my new baby cousin. Lots of memories we got to share and create. It makes u appreciate the good things in life and to hold on to them.

A couple comments:

Lynn ~ your story about losing your daughter’s recording, brought back a memory for me ~ sort of funny and sort of sad. One year DD Sara got a stuffed animal for me for some occasion ~ it had a button on it that you could press and record a voice greeting. She recorded Corbin wishing me ~ what ever the occasion was. It was when they lived in Texas and I lived in NC and missed them ever so much. Well, my husband was checking it out before he gave it to me (I wasn’t home yet) and accidentally pressed the wrong button and erased the voice message. He packed it up and sent it back to Sara for her to have Corbin re-record the message and didn’t want her to tell me about it. I got it and loved it, and eventually Sara had to share the story with me. It was too good not to tell ~ especially knowing how frugal my husband is ~ he really does care ~ to have spent money to send that back and fix it. The sad part was that a couple years later, I hadn’t listened to the message in a while and wanted to hear it, and darn if I didn’t do the same thing DH had done and erased it. Grrrr at self.

Oh ~ Lynn ~ the lady who has been helping me with my physical therapy was telling about reading something about the cholesterol meds causing people to start into diabetes. I guess where I was going with this thought was that I asked her ~ then what is a person supposed to do if they need the cholesterol meds ~ she said that there are “natural” things that you can get at health food stores that will control the cholesterol. If you have to cut back on the cholesterol meds, I wonder if something like that would help you. I was wondering for myself, if since I am pre diabetic if the cholesterol med I take is pushing me in that direction and if I should look into the natural stuff.

To all of you who have that binging trouble ~ you are not alone. I am right there with you. I can go all day and do pretty good, then some evenings I undo all my work. Bobbi ~ I am with you ~ I can not do just a small bit of some goody. I want to eat as much of it as I want, or I would rather not have any at all. A little bit is just a tease and makes me want more. I am better off if I can just not have it. It seems like there is just no easy way to this ~ if I deny myself too long, I end up binging just the same. What to do?????? Like Freda said ~ if it was easy ~ we wouldn’t be here.

Good thoughts for your friend LS ~ Brenda.

Welcome Bluet

Rie ~ good luck tomorrow night

Well, it is almost time for bed. I am feeling discouraged ~ there simply aren’t enough hours in my day. I don’t have enough time to do what I need to do and want to do. Something always has to get left out. I am needing to find some kind of balance for it all and am struggling to do so.

Also, I’d better get this done before I get the “finger” again from my computer ~ LOL. This funny floaty little picture of a finger on a mouse pad (lap top) with a slash through it came on the screen and I could not do anything that I do with a mouse. I don’t have a clue what made it come there or what I might have touched to make that happen. Sent out a distress call to DH. He did something, and he’s not sure what he did either, but I am back in business. So, I’d better not push my luck.

I know I have missed some of you ~ hopefully I will be able to finish the personals another day. Hope you all rest well.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 03-18-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #327  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Just a quick wave to everyone. Had a busy, busy week and weekend. DH and I laid the cork flooring yesterday and it looks gorgeous. I'll be back later on to chat a bit more.

Oh, and on a happy note, I was back on my bike today. My back's not 100% but it's getting better.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #328  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks for the two new book authors Donna, I read one Neveda Barr book. I just finished "One Good Dog", have lots to say on that book but won't because some are in the process of reading (Marie, listening) to it.
Hi to newbies, can't talk this morning. It's suppose to rain and I need to get the bedding washed and out on the clothes lines to dry before the nasty weather comes.
Later
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #329  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Oh ~ Lynn ~ the lady who has been helping me with my physical therapy was telling about reading something about the cholesterol meds causing people to start into diabetes. I guess where I was going with this thought was that I asked her ~ then what is a person supposed to do if they need the cholesterol meds ~ she said that there are “natural” things that you can get at health food stores that will control the cholesterol. If you have to cut back on the cholesterol meds, I wonder if something like that would help you. I was wondering for myself, if since I am pre diabetic if the cholesterol med I take is pushing me in that direction and if I should look into the natural stuff.
Hi Gayle,

I know that all these meds have side effects and that as we age and have multiple health issues, one med interacts with another. When I cut back on the cholesterol pills, I added crill oil. I am hoping that it will work.

Lynn
Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #330  

Hi Everyone,

Have a good Monday. Bluet, WELCOME!

Weight - 152 lbs.
Exercise - 80 min.
Food -
Breakfast - protein bar
Lunch - 1/2 Amy's Vegetable Pot Pie
Afternoon snack - 1 peanut butter fluff
Dinner - hot dog on roll; 1/4 cup baked beans
Evening snack - 5 prunes

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-19-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Closed Thread