Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #256  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Here is my eating for yesterday:

Breakfast: oatmeal packet with raisins and apples, coffee with creamer and splenda, greek yogurt ~ 10 points
Snack at work: Protein bar ~ 5 points (had to do something besides the Glucerna ~ it was 4:30 and I still had not been able to have lunch ~ one of the poor nurses never got lunch at all ~ it was a horrible day) bottle of Glucerna hunger smart shake ~ 5 points
Lunch: Turkey on whole wheat bread with lettuce and miracle whip light, fruit salad ~ 9 points
Snack: apple ~ 0 points
Supper: soup, crackers, salad (lettuce, celery, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms) salad dressing ~ 8 points

Total ~ 37 points for the day.

Success points ~ 3 (for tracking, sticking to my plan, and not getting into the candy at work).

Freda ~ I know ~ I shouldn't have had that frosting still around. But the way my head works ~ this was my thought ~ it could have been worse. It could have been the 16 oz container with most of it left over, but it was instead a 6 oz decorating pouch with probably half of it gone. So, it could have been worse. Hope your day at work goes ok and that your back doesn't hurt too bad. Boo on DH ~ sorry you had to come home to that mess.

Carol Sue ~ glad you are feeling better to do the laundry. Don't rush into getting back into doing things ~ take care of your self.

Sorry, not time for more ~ gotta get ready for work. Three down one to go. I sure hope for me and my coworkers that today is way better than yesterday.

Take care all
Old 02-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #257  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning
Nothing new here, staying home today. DH and helper (more like the other way around) are blowing a new ceiling on today, not sure what else. Tomorrow DH and I will finally put the new flooring in so we can move her frig and stove back into the kitchen. Home Depot measured 3 cupboards WRONG, 3 weeks delivery on them. Kitchen won't be officially finished til then. They also measured the new counter tops short by two inches. Those hadn't been made yet as the guy couldn't take the exact measurement until the base cupboards were in. Added another $100.00 to the bill. Our little couple thousand estimate has turned into $5,500 and we haven't paid the helper yet.
Now the good news, those two weeks I ate fast foods while working at DD's house and no counting calories? Of course I gained and was going to change my ticker but didn't. I've taken those pounds off and my weight is back to 128.
Made me think about why I gain weight and how quick I can put it on.
Carbs, no doubt about it. I love breads especially! If I were on an island by myself and could have one type of food dropped down by helicopter, it would be breads and real butter. I blame it on my mom, she made all the bread by hand when we were growing up. My favorite was the heel hot out of the oven smeared with butter. Oh my gosh, my taste buds are salivating right now.
Freda...that would tick me off too. Does he have an excuse for not tiding up before you get home or have you spoiled him and always done it yourself? They say a dog is never too old to learn new tricks. Take Rosey's rolling pin
Glynne...I'll take pictures of both quilts when I'm finished. Cinnamonie...do you like cinnamon? Sorry about your dad.
Hi everyone else, I need to get started on my day. BTW, I picked up a Robin Cook mystery book a couple of days ago, called 'Toxin'. It's a page turner and I'll never eat raw beef hamburger again. The main character's 10 year old daughter dies after eating raw meat from a fast food place, E coli. I always eat my game meat medium rare but don't worry about wild game. Question for everyone: how do you order meat in restaurants?

Carol Sue...I'm curious as how many GG's are the bookkeepers in the family. My DD used to be but he had an unconventional way of paying them. Back when he was barely out of college, he'd pay one bill off completely and not others. Sometimes months would go by, no inkling of a payment. Finally a gal from the vet clinic made a house call, wanted to know why we haven't paid the vet bill. I was shocked to hear that and embarrassed. That's when I confronted DD, told him we should pay everyone every month SOMETHING, at least they would know we were trying. Geeeeesh, what a dork! That's when I took over the checkbook.
Quote:
He does not know how to write out a check, plus he would not know what was paid and what wasn't.
Quote:
Keep me Accountable menu 940 calories + 41grams fiber

Breakfast - Fiber One, Caramel Cinnamon yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds,
3oz. Chunky Cinnamon applesauce

Lunch - Veggie Soup
One bite blueberry muffin (baked for DH and helper at Tiff’s house, had to see if it was baked long enough)

Supper -Italian Spaghetti with meatballs, lettuce salad with mustard dressing
SF Cherry Berry pudding topped with SF cool whip/½ serving dry Fiber One
Gala apple, I like honey crisp better but too expensive

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-16-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thought that this was cute for the day!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Husband daycare.jpg (39.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #259  

This is the Bible cover that a friend of mine in Colorado made me for my birthday! Isn't it Beautiful? Getting ready to go to Bible study this morning and then lunch at Red Lobster afterwards..... my sister and aunt want to take me there for a birthday lunch! I just removed my ticker for now-- I don't even want to know until I get back on track for at least a week or so!! My Birthday used to be only one day until I moved back here and it seems like it is a week back here!!! LOL!!

Have a great day and I'll check back later this afternoon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (26.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #260  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Very pretty Karen, I like the bar sign and the old foggies out front too. Speaking of Eagles, the Decorah Eagles are back at it again. They have a camera set up to watch them 24/7. The female is about to lay her first egg, very interesting. Just google Decorah Eagles, it's in Iowa.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #261  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Quick update on the surgery - it has been postponed, probably until April. I didn't expect that since it's only mid-February and I wouldn't have thought March would be all booked up. I guess the two surgeons both have spring vacations and not at the same time. I will survive but I'm bummed I get an extra month of pain. Other than that, life is going along like usual. That I do like - surprises tend to upset the balance.

Donna, I did know what you meant about the doggies. Kai is the only one that could be problematic as when she's excited, she likes to jump and spin. People in her way isn't a deterrent.

Deelee and Bobbie, a young George Clooney would have been perfect for Morelli. Sadly I think he's too old now. Ah, I guess so are we.

Bobbi, I can't think of a Pekinese as the best dog breed. Of course, what do I know either. I love and worship huskies. Like them all but only love huskies, irish setters, and goldens. And ditto on the hot, homemade bread, especially the heel, with butter slathered on it. Day old bread is not a temptation to me. But fresh from the oven - oh yeah, I'm so gobbling it.

Rosey on the crankypants DH. Wish we could help.

Cinnamonie, I'm so sorry about your dad's diagnosis and prognosis. I admire your attitude.

Great job, puneri on your weight loss!

KarenMO, is the house truly, honestly sold? Or are you in contract but still limbo?

Zoe, oh please don't tame your posts. I like the moaning and cantankerous views of the opposite sex. And how in the h@ll was it the wrong place and time. I think it was the EXACT right place and time.

Gayle, I'll mail you a solid rolling pin to smack your dad. I understand he gets frustrated but as you said, you mom can't help it.

Carol Sue, I like your planning on paying the bills before surgery. Very wise!

Freda, I am so sorry your back is in so much pain again. Is there anyway you can switch from 12 hour shifts to 8 hour ones so that you're not pushing your back beyond it's limits. I realize that would mean more days working but if overall you could enjoy your time off, perhaps it would be worth it. I love the idea of the doggies babying me. The last few cycles Sasha has been my comforter, snuggling with me.

I need to work but now not as swamped feeling. May will be absolute torture if I have to be off half time. It is my BUSIEST month of the year. Oh well, I will deal. Oooooo and for all of you whose DH's are driving you nuts. My DH noticed the doggies dragged loads of dirt in after he hiked with them yesterday and he cleaned the floor. I was so proud. Of course, the Dear Doggies dried more and more dirt was all over the house and I redid the floors, but DH did try. I thought that was so sweet.
Marie
Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #262  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All…

Cinnamonie – I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Thoughts and prayers…

CK – you’re just munching your little heart out these days! All I can say is “ENJOY!”… you’ll be hard enough on yourself later. I hope this house hunting saga turns out better than the last, although we are where we’re supposed to be. That buyer wasn’t right for your house.

Rosey – did you get your Calgon moment? I doubt there’s a youngster alive who would know that reference!!

Gayle – the day off was ½ good, had lunch with a long lost friend. The rest blew. I hope your day is going well at work. There seems to be an undue amount of stress there. Am I just lucky and yours is the real way of the world?

CarolSue – sounds like you’re chugging along just fine… I’m so glad you’re doing so well.

Freda - Take care of that back... 12 hour days are killer, under the best of circumstances! Good thoughts....

Oh, Marie – I’m sorry about the delay! It’s better to just get it over with, rather than having time to brood and worry. However, it’s necessary to accommodate those spring break trips to Europe or the Caribbean for the docs!

I’m very cranky today, I think. I haven’t snarled at any patients yet (there’s still time), but I really do want an excuse, any excuse, to just smack someone poopless!

Onward! Stay warm, lovelies!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #263  

Omg Jess can i join you and smack someone poopless love it. im better today,my life is what it is and dont expect mr cranky to change now at his age. most days im so used to it i dont pay attention and then every once in awhile ive had enuff and let him have an ear full sigh,he brings flowers and paints my toes. im been cleaning and baking for the weekend. made banana bread and apple gluten free muffins for mr cranky. mac salad,one reg the other gluten free fat free.and bq meat balls. i can hardly wait to yell my self horse watching Tim play hope your day is great ttfn rosey
Old 02-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi golden Girls-

I had a personal success. My older DS was home (due to a broken water heater at his place downtown) on Valentines Day and made chocolate chip cookies for his girlfriend. I saw them when DH and I got home but I went to bed. He left one on the counter yesterday. I was hostessing my bridge group today. We serve coffee cake and fruit and then a light lunch and dessert. I bought my least favorite coffee cake, baked 2 quiches and son had left a little cookie dough. Just enough for me to bake 26 chocolate chip cookies. I had 7 guests coming. I couldn’t eat any of the cookies because that was barely enough to look presentable. I usually don’t serve a dessert. I let them have the fruit and coffee cake after lunch if they must have more carbs. Well, I didn’t have one cookie. And they ate every single one. There were 3 left and I thought DH would have them but I turned around and someone had scarfed them up. Last time I hosted, I ate so much of the coffee cake the night before I had to go out in the morning to buy another one. Progress. Baby steps.

Marie - yes, George is probably too old to play Morelli, but he’s not too old for me! I think he is 7 years younger than me. Of course his girlfriends are 30 years younger than me! Sorry about the delay for your surgery.

Donna - you made me lol - there’s still time to snarl.

Karen 31 - love the husband sign.

Bobbi - Blowing on the ceiling - your DH does have some talent. And you will be laying the floor - where do you get your energy? Very impressive. My DH pays the bills. He is very good about it. He is having some trouble adjusting to the places that no longer send a monthly bill, like the U Store it place. They charge an extra dollar a month if you want a paper bill which he refused to pay. But he would forget. The secretary was nice and would call him with a reminder.

Freda - back pain is the worst. I believe “Nurse Jackie” can tell you about that/ I have a small protruding disk that if I’m very careful with behaves. I’m going for an MRI tomorrow of my right shoulder. I had the matching “stalactite sized” bone spur that I had removed last year. Have to see if it is damaging my rotator cuff yet like it did to the left. It’s starting. I feel like my fifties has been about fixing everything - root canals, cataracts, rotator cuff surgery on the left, rotator cuff surgery on the right, etc. And I know the sixities are going to be more of the same - if I’m lucky.

Cinne- I am thinking of you and your dad. Try to take care of yourself too if you can.

I love the venting! Don’t stop. I’ll be joining in. My husband can annoy the poop out of me. It’s a relief to know I’m not alone. I gotta go make myself presentable. Going out to dinner with a girl friend. Love you all!

Just remembered why I'm in such a good mood - got to see older DS a lot this week - cuz his place had a broken water heater and my younger DS is coming home for a 3 day weekend! Hooray!

Last edited by deelee10; 02-16-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 99.1/96.9/75 Kgs

Height: 165cm

Belated Karen and a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to all at GG.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #266  

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes!! After Bible study we did make it to Red Lobster....Yummy. All three of us had Grilled shrimp and lobster!!! So very good!! Had a good time and the food was good! Guess I need to start all over once these birthday dinners are done!! I think I have just one more (other than our regular Sunday afternoon) and that will be Sunday night at church! It is Ladies night out and all the men are preparing, serving and cleaning up!! Should be fun.

Marie, Limbo is such a nice place to be....NOT!! Our house has a contract contingent on them getting their financing. They have been preapproved for the loan, but they still need to make sure the VA will loan on this house. So we are still in the hurry up and wait stage! HO HUM!!! We should know something about that in the next few days to a week or so. SO......SOSDD!!!

Here is a picture of my Aunt, My sister and myself at the RedLobster today. It sure was a fun time.

Guess I'd better go and spend some time with the Hubby and the furbabies--not necessarily in that order LOL!!!

Have a good night!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Lobster Lunch.jpg (32.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

Sorry that I haven't been very chatty the last couple of days. Nothing really wrong here - just really busy and tired. After I finish a big report later tonight or in the morning, I am off for a long weekend. My eating is ok and I am seeing some hints that I might be close to dropping into a new decade! That would be really sweet. Just a few personals....

Zoe, your posts still make me laugh... especially when you are feeling cranky. Keep it up.

Marie, I am so sorry that your surgery will be delayed. I know that you will feel better when it is over. Great strategy with the cinamon roll!

Cinne, so sorry about your dad. I hope that you guys can enjoy whatever time you have left together.

Donna, don't hurt the patients - even if they deserve it!

Rosey, don't hurt Steve - even if he deserves it LOL (he brings you flowers )

Freda, men just DONT SEE IT. And we all know that we are not allowed to rub their noses in their messes - but it would be fun!

Karen, I love the idea of your "Birthday Week". No one deserves it more than you.

Bobbi, see, what a great gift to your dd. Home repairs always cost more than we plan. What a nice mom you are! I always eat meat rare or medium rare. I hope I don't pay for that some day.

Gayle, I hope it was an easier day at work.

DeeLee, what a great victory over the cookies! I love George, also

Well, I am off to rest. I will be back tomorrow, I promise

Rie

Old 02-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #268  

Hi everyone. my dog sadie ate a hole in my kitchen floor. i thought she was chewing on her tennis ball and when i got up she had ripped a hole in the tile. she is locked in her kennel ,man shes a pill. dogs have vet appts next friday,for last shots and sadie will be spayed. i got their new toys from e-bay today and defluffed them and put squeakers in them,as always they knew what was up and sat around me quivering and whinning till they got their new toys which now are all over the place lol. getting ready for the weekend,can hardly wait to yell and cheer for my grson Tim. 2 days of games here . dh has to have shoulder surg. but need to see how that will work while hes on blood thinners. hes anxious to get it over with so he will be healed by spring. i put together my quilt today. and mr cranky helped me,he also went upstairs and got all the bedding and washed it for dd and family this weekend hmm i guess i'll keep mr cranky. i ahve afriend that makes perfect squares in her quilts etc,no matter how hard i try its always abit lopsided however the amish make amistake in their quilts on purpose,ive heard ,as only GOD is perfect. so im in good company. rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
taco salad

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
1 c tomatoe soup
1/2 turkey sandwhich
Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #269  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - whenever I make an afghan, I always purposely have at least one mistake, as my "gift to the gods"... I thought it was interesting that you made that comment! Glad Mr. CrankyPants had some redeeming social value! He seems to be a pretty good guy, overall!!

Gotta get ready for work. Rie - glad to see you back. I went through the posts last night, looking for you... but you hadn't been gone long enough to worry. Glad to see your post.

Everyone - have a good one!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I think we were sisters, separated at birth! LOL I could live on bread. I love the heel, right out of the oven, slathered with butter. Growing up we only had home-made bread in the house. Then my mother would take some dough, roll it out in a circle, cut it into triangles and fry it. Yummy! I used to make semi- homemade bread, from frozen bread dough, but I had to quit doing that because I would eat the whole loaf in one day.

I mostly eat my meat at least medium well. I don't mind a little pink but mostly I like it to appear cooked. Except for prime rib. That can be pink. I have been known to eat raw ground meat at home. I've done it all my life. I know the risks.

When my husband first separated from his first wife, his house payment came due and he took a check to work with him and asked someone to show him how to write out a check. He still doesn't understand the line where you have to write out the amount in long hand. When I met him, he never balanced his checkbook. If he had to pay a bill, he would deposit the amount he had to pay and round up to the next dollar, so he assumed he always had a few cents left out of each one. One time he got his bank statement before his checks had a chance to clear and he thought the bank made a mistake and he wanted to go to the bank and withdraw the money before they found the error. I had a tough time explaining to him that if he did that, all his checks would bounce.

I want to "confess" to something I did. He gave me a key to his house so I could go there after work and not have to wait in the driveway for him to come home. One day I went through his checkbook and bills because I wanted to know how much he made, and how much he owed before I got too entangled with him. Was I wrong? I feel that I was, but I was a woman on my own and struggled to keep my head above water and didn't want to get involved with someone who owed out the butt. Now, being married to him, I see that he would easily run all the bills up in order to be able to do what he wanted. I am one who learned not to spend what you don't have.

Rosie - I can relate to Sadie eating a hole in the floor. One time when we had our first house up for sale our dog did something similar. We had indoor/outdoor carpet in the kitchen. (Yes, I know, really 50's) It had a little snag in it. We weren't home, and she pulled at the snag and it pulled up a piece of the carpet. So she kept going. When we got home there was a hole about 8 inches in diameter in the carpet. It was right inside the back door. Since DH had installed the carpet himself, he had a piece of it left-over up in the attic. He cut a square around the hole in the carpet and glued down a square of the left over piece. The problem was, the carpet had been there so long it was discolored, and the left over piece was like brand new. We put a throw rug over it. LOL We also had kitchen chairs that were covered with black leather-look covering. A couple of them had a snag in the covering and she pulled that off, leaving big gaping holes in the covering. We had to get new covering. She finally outgrew the chewing stage. LOL

Purini - Good to see you here! Your name gets me in trouble. Reminds me of Panera and their sandwiches! LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-17-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Closed Thread